Old 04-24-2013, 07:24 AM   #31
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SweetMe678
Stats: 354/334/145 ~ June 3
WOE: Atkins/Gluten Free
Start Date: 11/30/2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by farvahgc View Post
So, here's an example of a standard daily meal plan and a summary of my workout:

Breakfast:
-5 hard boiled eggs.
Lunch:
-1can of tuna (w/ 2tblsp mayo)
- 2 pieces of Bacon
- 2 tblsp coconut oil
Snack/ post WO:
- whey protein shake (w/ 1 cup milk) or
-2 tblsp peanut butter
Dinner:
-15 oz of beef
-1 cup broccoli
Snack:
- 2 tblsp peanut butter
I'm not sure exactly what this all adds up to, but its pretty close to an average day of eating.
Exercise:
(All sets done with the same weight for all five sets)
Warm up: slow jog/ walk 15-25 min
Squat: 5x5 (315 lbs or heavier)
Bench press: 5x5 (275 lbs or heavier)
Deadlift: 5x5 (405 lbs or heavier)
Military press: 5x5 (185 lbs or heavier)
(I Lift heavy weight /low rep, ive heard this can slow weight loss, but haven't confirmed that its true. That's why I put the weight/rep ranges)
Cardio: 2-3 hour mild-difficulty hiking one day/ week.
Have you checked for ketosis? I'm betting your are eating too many carbs, especially if you have been carb cycling. about 7 years ago there was a great thread about low carb and carb cycling, it is gone now At the time I was seriously into weight lifting with light cardio involving interval training and we had some great discussions about diet and exercise and supplements.

Most people already covered it, but cut out the PB, switch to almond milk or water for your protein drinks, or I mix slightly less than 1/2 c greek yogurt with water. Also double check the ingredients on your shake for carbs. Up the fat intake especially in your last meal of the day. The other thing, is to (contrary to popular opinion) have your protein drink BEFORE your workout. If you want I can find the studies again that compared, pre and post workout utilization of the protein, which showed and increase in the benefits pre workout. We all were still losing weight with quite a bit of muscle gain, but we were all pretty faithful to measuring our bodies with tape measures to track composition changes.

Hope this helps!

My Journal

*Everything I say is my opinion or a sharing of my experiences.
SweetMe678 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-21-2013, 12:45 PM   #32
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: farvahgc
thanks. ive cut out the pb and milk since i posted this, and i have lost about five or six pounds. still kind of hovering there though. im considering adding 20-30 mins of cardio after i lift to burn some extra calories. I'm having a hard time determining how many calories i need. according to dailyplate i need 3000 kcal/ day to lose 1 pound a week. But i have a hard time even eating that much due to my lack of appetite, and i still am not really losing. So im kind of torn between eating more to stimulate my metabolism, or eat less because the recommended amount of 3000 kcal is too high.

I have also noticed this time around with low carbing that my sodium intake is super low. I was getting pretty fatigued in the afternoons, even after eating plenty of fat. Now i know that this was not too few calories, but not enough sodium. I figured it out when i got really tired, nauseous, vomited, and then drank a glass of salty water (at the advice of a friend) and felt better almost immediately. I never had this problem with low carb dieting in the past, but i think it may explain why i felt like i wasnt eating enough before. anyway, its something to think about.
farvahgc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 02:24 PM   #33
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SweetMe678
Stats: 354/334/145 ~ June 3
WOE: Atkins/Gluten Free
Start Date: 11/30/2012
As the weather is warming up, I'm sweating more working. I have noticed that if I salt one of my meals I do better. (or I eat a snack of salty almonds or macadamia nuts) I also drink an electrolyte drink that has 1g carbs. Besides my lips getting chapped, I know I'm getting dehydrated if I start feeling tired and nauseous.

You could eat more fat to increase your calorie intake. I added Fat bombs recently and easily got deeper into ketosis, Even though, I only added calories to my diet, as I still basically eat the same the rest of the day. You can do a search on this site for more info on fat bombs if interested.
SweetMe678 is offline   Reply With Quote