Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Main Lowcarb Lobby (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/)
-   -   Anyone doing your own version of low carb and losing? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/802613-anyone-doing-your-own-version-low-carb-losing.html)

mom2jjl 04-22-2013 10:38 AM

Anyone doing your own version of low carb and losing?

Anyone doing your "own" version of low carb or are you following the Atkins rules? I am keeping my carbs under 20-25 grams per day but not necessarily following the exact rules for Atkins! For example for lunch today I am thinking about trying Newks(local deli here) chicken salad..it only has 2.5 grams of carbs per serving (1/2 cup)..its made with chicken breast,purple grapes,pecans and mayo (full fat)...sounds yummy and the carb count is super but I don't want to be shooting myself in the foot so to speak?

Z-Baby 04-22-2013 10:40 AM

I LOVE the chicken salad from Newks. It has never affected me. It's delish!

mom2jjl 04-22-2013 10:42 AM

I've never tried it! I was super pumped to see the low carb count on it!! It looks super yummy!! Have you ever tried the shrimp remolaude (sp?) salad there? It is soooooo good too BUT it has 20 grams of carbs for the entire salad! Happy to hear it has'nt affected you as well!! I really think if I just do my own thing but keep my carbs low this will finally work for me!

Jaded62 04-22-2013 10:45 AM

I am doing my own plan. I mainly focus on LC veggies,eggs,dairy and meats.I am losing and not obsessing over food.I am keeping it to 20-25 grams per day. NO food is forbidden. IF I want a higher carb food I eat it.NO sugar, breads or junk foods, though. It is working for me.

Z-Baby 04-22-2013 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mom2jjl (Post 16387235)
I've never tried it! I was super pumped to see the low carb count on it!! It looks super yummy!! Have you ever tried the shrimp remolaude (sp?) salad there? It is soooooo good too BUT it has 20 grams of carbs for the entire salad! Happy to hear it has'nt affected you as well!! I really think if I just do my own thing but keep my carbs low this will finally work for me!

No, I haven't. I have just been sticking to the chicken salad b/c I am afraid of the carb limits. Everything at Newks is great! Before I went LC I used to eat the crab bisque! It's incredible. Hmmm...I wonder what the carb count is on that? I have to check! LOL!

Mistizoom 04-22-2013 11:00 AM

Me! I'm losing just fine too. Please come join us in this thread:
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...b-our-way.html

mom2jjl 04-22-2013 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaded62 (Post 16387242)
I am doing my own plan. I mainly focus on LC veggies,eggs,dairy and meats.I am losing and not obsessing over food.I am keeping it to 20-25 grams per day. NO food is forbidden. IF I want a higher carb food I eat it.NO sugar, breads or junk foods, though. It is working for me.

This is what I am doing! I think this will work out better for me in the long run!

mom2jjl 04-22-2013 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Z-Baby (Post 16387253)
No, I haven't. I have just been sticking to the chicken salad b/c I am afraid of the carb limits. Everything at Newks is great! Before I went LC I used to eat the crab bisque! It's incredible. Hmmm...I wonder what the carb count is on that? I have to check! LOL!

The Newks site is great!! They have a thing where you can build your meal...removing croutons etc...its great!

mom2jjl 04-22-2013 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mistizoom (Post 16387293)
Me! I'm losing just fine too. Please come join us in this thread:
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...b-our-way.html

I am checking out the thread immediately!! Thank you so much!

ravenrose 04-22-2013 11:28 AM

one grape has just about a gram of carb, so be careful here... making the salad a little bit differently, or getting the scoop with more grapes, would change that a lot.

mom2jjl 04-22-2013 11:56 AM

Just ate the salad and it maybe had 1 full grape (chopped) if that and 1/2 of a pecan! haha Just about all chicken breast and mayo! It was pretty good so no sweat here ;) pretty sure that 1 lil grape did 0 damage! Thank you for the response!!

Girlieschmoo 04-22-2013 02:57 PM

Doing a LC version of the "No S" woe....now that I am down to my last 5 pounds, wanted to focus on sustainability and this is it for me.

Biggest thing was cutting out snacks...made all the difference.

Blue Skies 04-22-2013 03:14 PM

Yep, did the Atkins thing a couple of years ago. This time did not do induction. Started with a goal of 50 grams of carbs or less a day, (down form God knows what but it wasn't pretty)--- and these days with learning new recipes and feeling energetic about it all, I'm averaging around 25 carbs a day, some days in the thirties, some days less than 20.

I AM losing weight, just not as fast as those doing a more stringent thing, but I'm happy and satisfied with what I'm eating and that's the whole ball game for me.

BecBelle 04-22-2013 03:21 PM

I like Atkins but I can't stick to the rungs. Right now I'm just trying to stay low period.Right now I'm averaging 15-25 carbs a day with one or 2 days a good deal higher. I need to get rid of frankenfoods and processed meat. I hate cooking and I'm a shift worker, so right now I'm doing what I can. I have a journal in the journal section, I'm now phototracking what I eat. Down the road I'll tweak my diet better.

GAVIV 04-22-2013 03:22 PM

I don't follow any specific plan, just no carbs and no sugar. I would estimate I eat less than 10 total carbs a day, probably less. Any carbs I get come from veggies.