Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Main Lowcarb Lobby
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2013, 03:23 AM   #31
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: 3fatcats
Stats: 184/165/160 , 5'8" learn to maintain!
WOE: NK
Start Date: restart Nov 30th
I think it might be the stored fat that I'm losing since I'm close to goal. The super old fat that hadn't been touched yet! I used to weigh 220 and never had this issue, only when I got to bout 175 and under, which was only in the last few years. When I was researching I came aross the same thing with the stored toxins in fat. I didn't eat eggs or beer for 2 months nd they only got worse the more wight I lost. Doctors just threw meds at me whcih didn't help. Sometimes 'this just happens and they don't know why". Yup, that's what was told. Nice. And my new insurance is crap compared to my old, so ot everything is covered and it cost too muc for testing. $o, I'm working on it! I tried eating chicken only, bef only nothing worked except for taking mhself out of ketosis. A support thread on the net says thi hppens with any typeof diet...low fat , low carb, nything that's putting stress on the body.

Sponsored Links
Old 04-25-2013, 03:47 AM   #32
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Galveston Gal
Stats: 5'0"
WOE: Low Carb/High Fat

Just don't want to loose this thread!
Words of wisdom!
Galveston Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 04:02 AM   #33
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: baileygirl3
Stats: 177/135/135
WOE: Low Carb
I can't stand that bloated feel so no I don't it at all. I felt disgusting when I overate on high carb foods. YUCK!!!
baileygirl3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 09:28 AM   #34
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: rubidoux
Stats: 214/130/130 (5'2")
WOE: HF/MP/LC
Start Date: restart 9/2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by baileygirl3 View Post
I can't stand that bloated feel so no I don't it at all. I felt disgusting when I overate on high carb foods. YUCK!!!
I bet this is how normal healthy people feel. It's so weird to me bc even now being far from a time that carbs were really part of my life, I almost crave that overfill needing to lie on the couch feeling.
rubidoux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 11:21 PM   #35
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: johnsnana
Stats: 129/118/107
The texture is also an issue for me. Carbs/sweets have a great texture which can be very addicting. I also get a "high" when I bite into an apple or pear. I ate way too much fruit on WW & just couldn't handle the sugar. I never overeat on LC foods (with the exception of nuts) which is why I either put one portion in a snack size Ziploc baggie or don't eat them at all )
johnsnana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 03:53 AM   #36
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Lillianna
Stats: 233/210/150 5'6"
Start Date: Every day!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubidoux View Post
I bet this is how normal healthy people feel. It's so weird to me bc even now being far from a time that carbs were really part of my life, I almost crave that overfill needing to lie on the couch feeling.
Me, too... It's interesting to read all the comments. I love that stuffed, happy, sleepy feeling. Carby food is definitely like a calming drug for me. I'm like a functioning alcoholic in that I can eat low carb all day--but in the evening, in the privacy of my home I want to unwind with a giant carby meal. I think it's something that some of us will always struggle with...
Lillianna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 05:14 AM   #37
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Patience
I can sure relate to what you say, Lilliana, about being like a functioning alcoholic -- which is pretty much what I am. I am starting to understanding how much I drank wine for the sugar, in addition to self medicating from the alchohol.

Nuts! Yes I really can't eat just one, at least not now. Maybe I'll reach a point where I can add them back, but that's a way in the future.

Last edited by Patience; 04-26-2013 at 05:17 AM.. Reason: bad writing
Patience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 10:05 AM   #38
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: rubidoux
Stats: 214/130/130 (5'2")
WOE: HF/MP/LC
Start Date: restart 9/2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsnana View Post
I never overeat on LC foods (with the exception of nuts) which is why I either put one portion in a snack size Ziploc baggie or don't eat them at all )
Yes! Almonds are the one thing I have overeaten. I've only done it once in recent memory, but it scared me a little bit. My nine year old loved these particular almonds (habenero BBQ) and I liked it that he was eating them but I'm afraid to have them in the house now.

And Lilliana, if only everyday could be thanksgiving... Sigh...
rubidoux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 01:29 PM   #39
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: raytamtay3
Stats: SW: 157.2 - 151.8 - CW: 150 GW: 140/145 Ht. 5'6"
Start Date: April 1, 2013
Quote:
did you crave the overfull feeling you got from over-eating them? I find that when I eat low carb foods, I never want to over eat. Even when I'm breaking a 24 hour fast, and a few times even after 40 hours of fasting, I have not had any compulsion to over eat and in fact had pretty normal sized meals as if I'd been eating regularly all along. BUT when I'm eating carbs, I don't want to stop until I feel really overfull and I like that overfull feeling, it's satisfying somehow. I kind of crave it. Does this sound familiar to anyone, or is it just me?
It's very familiar to me! I would constantly overstuff myself before LC. Not anymore! Which is why portion control is not my thing.
I stop when I'm comfortable now.

PS: I overdid it on almonds and PB, so I've cut both out.

Last edited by raytamtay3; 04-26-2013 at 01:30 PM..
raytamtay3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 07:54 AM   #40
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Geekin' in Utah
Stats: 236(restart)/190/189/175
WOE: WLS & NK
Start Date: WLS: 5/2005 (362lbs), NK: 1/10/13
Quote:
Yes! Almonds are the one thing I have overeaten. I've only done it once in recent memory, but it scared me a little bit. My nine year old loved these particular almonds (habenero BBQ) and I liked it that he was eating them but I'm afraid to have them in the house now.

And Lilliana, if only everyday could be thanksgiving... Sigh...
The combination of extra salt, existing fat and the extra sugar may be enough to trip an addictive response. The food companies know what they are doing and they are very, very good at it!
Geekin' in Utah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 08:03 AM   #41
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sugarfreebabe
WOE: Atkins+extended induction
Start Date: 4-19-13
Yes.I would order 50 dollars worth of pizza hut stuffed crust pizza,wings,apple pies diet coke and eat every last crumb then lay across the bed after feeling full i chased that feeling for a while thats what got me so fat .The feeling is almost euphoric
Sugarfreebabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 01:05 PM   #42
Senior LCF Member

A very interesting paper I ran across on this topic. Neurobiology of food addiction
Old 04-27-2013, 02:25 PM   #43
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mistizoom
Stats: 300/202/190 initial goal
WOE: low carb
Start Date: November 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geekin' in Utah View Post
A very interesting paper I ran across on this topic. Neurobiology of food addiction
Do you have another link? I got a 403 Forbidden message for that one.

ETA: nm, found it via google.

Last edited by Mistizoom; 04-27-2013 at 02:26 PM..
Mistizoom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 08:12 PM   #44
Senior LCF Member

This is the correct URL, so I think it may be complaining because of the source (where you click on a link from is sent along to the server). Anyway, it should work if you copy the link and paste it into the address bar or, as Mistizoom suggests, Google it. The paper is titled Neurology of Food Addiction by Blumenthal and Gold.

I'll include the URL again, but I think the forum software will convert it into a named link (hopefully not since its a PDF):

http://dobrochan.ru/src/pdf/1212/201...l-Gold_Neu.pdf
Old 04-27-2013, 09:35 PM   #45
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: piratejenny
Stats: 293/<278/<160 (5'7")
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: restart 6/12/14 @ 289.4
OP--
I've definitely noticed a couple different types of full;
--not hungry but stomach doesn't feel full (after meals like a green salad, or veggies + protein, or just eggs)
--stomach feels full (might not be hungry anymore but might still want to eat).

Sometimes I just have to have something "mushy" or "bready";
cottage cheese or almond pancakes usually do the trick.
Or I'll have peanut butter on a "pop cake" (4g carb).

I've had a lot of trouble with insomnia over the years, so I have to admit that sometimes I've liked eating until I need a nap!
Lately I've noticed that even after eating something I think is going to make me feel stuffed or tire me out, I feel fine. For me, I think it has something to do with whether my digestive system is producing enough enzymes or acids or whatever. Whenever I start to feel sluggish after eating, I take digestive enzymes or add fresh lemon/lime to my water for a few days and it seems to get everything working better again.
New lows, 2014:
7/27 275.4
piratejenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 05:42 AM   #46
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Chuck41
Stats: 6'2"-250/213.5/195
WOE: General Low Carb
Start Date: Dec, 31, 2012
I can reallly identify with this thread. Before, I would spend every Sunday afternoon zonked out after a big carby meal. Almost made driving home hazardous because it was so hard trying to stay awake til I got home for my obligatory nap. Felt overstuffed and misriable but couldn't break the cycle. Would have a huge desire to cram a finger down my throat to throw up to get relief. Alas that doesn't work for me. Don't get that any more, at least not to the same degree. I still overeat at the buffets on occasion, but LC, not carbs, and not to the same excessive degree. Haven't had that super stuffed feeling in a long time and don't miss it.
Chuck41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 05:59 AM   #47
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Vilya
Stats: 285/198/180
WOE: LC/HF for T2 diabetes
Start Date: Sept. 2011
I can overeat on LC, to the point of feeling stuffed, but it's a different feeling of "stuffed" than when I would overeat on carbs.

Sometimes I overeat on LC to get that same feeling, but it doesn't happen. I just feel sick. I've realized that when I think I want to overeat and feel "stuffed," what I really am craving is the feeling that being overfull on CARBS used to give me. It's not the sensation of feeling full that I want, it's the drugged, high feeling that carbs gave me. I don't get that on LC, no matter how much I eat.

The problem is that the habit to overeat still exists, so I have to be very careful and count calories.
6/22/13: the 100 lb. loss only lasted a few weeks, and I've since regained some of the weight. Stats updated to reflect this.
Vilya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 06:21 AM   #48
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Chuck41
Stats: 6'2"-250/213.5/195
WOE: General Low Carb
Start Date: Dec, 31, 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vilya View Post
I can overeat on LC, to the point of feeling stuffed, but it's a different feeling of "stuffed" than when I would overeat on carbs.

Sometimes I overeat on LC to get that same feeling, but it doesn't happen. I just feel sick. I've realized that when I think I want to overeat and feel "stuffed," what I really am craving is the feeling that being overfull on CARBS used to give me. It's not the sensation of feeling full that I want, it's the drugged, high feeling that carbs gave me. I don't get that on LC, no matter how much I eat.

The problem is that the habit to overeat still exists, so I have to be very careful and count calories.
Yep, that says pretty much the same as I tried to express. With me the carb binging desire was overwhelming, but the overstuffed result was terrible. Yet that didn't discourage me from a repeat at the next opportunity. That "high feeling" only lasted for minutes before the super stuffed uncomfortable feeling took over.Generally about the time I left the restaurant. I have watched "Man vs Food" on tv and wonder how that dude stands it.
Chuck41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 08:39 AM   #49
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Demonica
Stats: 210/164.9/150
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: February 2010
I used to get that feeling where I could eat and eat and eat carby foods and still not be satisfied. Then, all of a sudden, BOOM!! I would get the bloated, stretched out, I'm-going-to-be-sick feeling. It would just come on all at once. I would sit or lay down for a while, and 1/2 hour later, even though I was still bloated and miserable, I would get the urge to go fill up on the food again. It was like being in a trance. I didn't WANT to, but I couldn't stop myself.

I really have to watch it very carefully because the same thing can happen with LC treats. It's a constant battle with myself even having fat bombs in the fridge. But I feel it's a battle I'm being successful with.
~~~
Do not reward yourself with food, you're not a dog
~~~
Your great granny's granny had a term for healthy food...she called it food
Demonica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 03:32 PM   #50
Senior LCF Member

The new physician diagnostic manual (DSM-V) will change the definitions of addiction from "substance abuse" to "substance-use disorders", and food will definitely be able to fall within the scope. I'm hopeful that, given the positive signs over the last decade, my kids might not, and my grandkids almost definitely won't, have to deal with obesity their entire lives like I have.