A&F
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: A&F
Stats: 185/138.4/120
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 7/12/11
Small Celebration

They fit!

Those jeans that live in the back of the closet, in the hopes that one day you will fit into them again.... They fit!

Tried them on for the heck of it yesterday morning and was incredibly surprised when I could not only get them on, but button them up without all sorts of "blue jean acrobatics." They are still tight, and there's a bit of a muffin top, but they are comfortable and I don't look like a stuffed sausage in them.

Time to get rid of all the ones that are too big now. I don't want to continue to wear them and gain the weight back without noticing again!
A&F is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-20-2013, 06:23 AM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: raindroproses
Stats: 5'6" - 203/151/150 - Size 14/6/4
WOE: NK (less than 20 total carbs daily)
Start Date: January 25th 2013
Woohoo!!

That's what I'm going through right now, trying to go through my closets and take out all the "too-big" clothes. Hopefully some of them are in pretty good shape, maybe you can make a few bucks on eBay and use that money to buy yourself something nice (that fits!)
raindroproses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 07:07 AM   #3
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: princessmommy
Stats: 207/176/140-145
WOE: Low Carb!
Start Date: May 21 Yet Again!
Whoo Hoo! Major Big time awesome! That is such a Great feeling!!
princessmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 09:32 AM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: baileygirl3
Stats: 177/135/135
WOE: Low Carb
Awesome!!! That is worth celebrating.
baileygirl3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 09:38 AM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Gibbs
Stats: 322/306/180-ish (5'6")
WOE: My own low-carb way
Start Date: 8/20/14 for yet another time
Woo Hoooooo!!!
Gibbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 01:45 PM   #6
giJ
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: giJ
Stats: Size 18W+/8
WOE: My own - low carb, high fat, calorie controlled
Start Date: You mean this time? 9 Jan 2012
Woo hoooo!!!

When I lost the weight last year, I started dressing out of the guest room closet, which is where I hid all my "too small" clothes. I started to put them back there, out of habit (and a lack of room in my closet) in December when I got back from a business trip. Instead, I took 2 full days, went through both closets, got rid of anything that was too big (donation where possible, trash where not), and moved all the stuff that fits into the bedroom closet. I call it Operation Unpack Suitcase (because it amuses me).

Making sure the big stuff wasn't accessible made it way easier to get things under control when I started to gain back.

Dieting to look good in cute clothes. Exercising to look good without them
---
I can do Hard Things.
giJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 02:34 PM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mistizoom
Stats: 300/200/190 initial goal
WOE: low carb
Start Date: November 2012
Yea! I donated a whole bunch of too big clothes, many of which I hadn't worn in several years (my high weight was 327) a couple weeks ago. It does feel good to let them go.
Mistizoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 04:02 PM   #8
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lterry913
Stats: 5' 11" 238/174/170
Start Date: 12/1/2010
Gotta love that feeling...go with it and rock those jeans...in a lil while you will be getting a new smaller pair.
lterry913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 12:47 AM   #9
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: glendabuffy
Stats: 180
WOE: None
Start Date: January 2012
congratulations!!
glendabuffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 05:38 AM   #10
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Luckyone2934
Stats: 220/159(158)/where i'm comfy
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: January 2003
Woohoo!!
Luckyone2934 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 02:47 PM   #11
A&F
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: A&F
Stats: 185/138.4/120
Start Date: 7/12/11
Thanks everybody! The craziest part is that for me, when I look in the mirror the place I notice the loss most is my upper arm. I've been rocking all sorts of sleeveless shirts lately!

I've also discovered a fantastic tailor and am incredibly happy that I've found someone that can take in jackets and dresses, and I might finally get a crisp white Oxford that doesn't gap at the chest or make me look like I'm wearing my father's shirt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raindroproses View Post
Woohoo!!

That's what I'm going through right now, trying to go through my closets and take out all the "too-big" clothes. Hopefully some of them are in pretty good shape, maybe you can make a few bucks on eBay and use that money to buy yourself something nice (that fits!)
Most of them are still in pretty good shape, but they aren't anything special. Just some jeans I picked up at Old Navy or slacks that I probably got from Goodwill myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by giJ View Post
Woo hoooo!!!

When I lost the weight last year, I started dressing out of the guest room closet, which is where I hid all my "too small" clothes. I started to put them back there, out of habit (and a lack of room in my closet) in December when I got back from a business trip. Instead, I took 2 full days, went through both closets, got rid of anything that was too big (donation where possible, trash where not), and moved all the stuff that fits into the bedroom closet. I call it Operation Unpack Suitcase (because it amuses me).

Making sure the big stuff wasn't accessible made it way easier to get things under control when I started to gain back.
Sounds like a good idea. I've noticed I'm getting things out of the guest closet more and more myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lterry913 View Post
Gotta love that feeling...go with it and rock those jeans...in a lil while you will be getting a new smaller pair.
Thanks! I'm so excited that soon my Citizens and Sevens will fit again! I bought them a couple years ago and refused to give them away when I gained, hoping against hope that they would fit again someday. Well, I can get them on and buttoned; they are still too tight, but darn that is some good motivation!
A&F is offline   Reply With Quote