Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Main Lowcarb Lobby (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/)
-   -   Small Celebration (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/802494-small-celebration.html)

A&F 04-20-2013 06:12 AM

Small Celebration
 
They fit!

Those jeans that live in the back of the closet, in the hopes that one day you will fit into them again.... They fit! :jumpjoy:

Tried them on for the heck of it yesterday morning and was incredibly surprised when I could not only get them on, but button them up without all sorts of "blue jean acrobatics." They are still tight, and there's a bit of a muffin top, but they are comfortable and I don't look like a stuffed sausage in them.

:jumpjoy:

Time to get rid of all the ones that are too big now. I don't want to continue to wear them and gain the weight back without noticing again!

raindroproses 04-20-2013 06:23 AM

Woohoo!! :jumpjoy:

That's what I'm going through right now, trying to go through my closets and take out all the "too-big" clothes. Hopefully some of them are in pretty good shape, maybe you can make a few bucks on eBay and use that money to buy yourself something nice (that fits!) :)

princessmommy 04-20-2013 07:07 AM

Whoo Hoo! Major Big time awesome! That is such a Great feeling!!

baileygirl3 04-20-2013 09:32 AM

Awesome!!! That is worth celebrating.

Gibbs 04-20-2013 09:38 AM

Woo Hoooooo!!!

giJ 04-20-2013 01:45 PM

Woo hoooo!!!

When I lost the weight last year, I started dressing out of the guest room closet, which is where I hid all my "too small" clothes. I started to put them back there, out of habit (and a lack of room in my closet) in December when I got back from a business trip. Instead, I took 2 full days, went through both closets, got rid of anything that was too big (donation where possible, trash where not), and moved all the stuff that fits into the bedroom closet. I call it Operation Unpack Suitcase (because it amuses me).

Making sure the big stuff wasn't accessible made it way easier to get things under control when I started to gain back.

Mistizoom 04-20-2013 02:34 PM

Yea! I donated a whole bunch of too big clothes, many of which I hadn't worn in several years (my high weight was 327) a couple weeks ago. It does feel good to let them go.

lterry913 04-20-2013 04:02 PM

Gotta love that feeling...go with it and rock those jeans...in a lil while you will be getting a new smaller pair.

glendabuffy 04-21-2013 12:47 AM

congratulations!!

Luckyone2934 04-21-2013 05:38 AM

Woohoo!!

A&F 04-21-2013 02:47 PM

Thanks everybody! The craziest part is that for me, when I look in the mirror the place I notice the loss most is my upper arm. I've been rocking all sorts of sleeveless shirts lately!

I've also discovered a fantastic tailor and am incredibly happy that I've found someone that can take in jackets and dresses, and I might finally get a crisp white Oxford that doesn't gap at the chest or make me look like I'm wearing my father's shirt. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by raindroproses (Post 16384112)
Woohoo!! :jumpjoy:

That's what I'm going through right now, trying to go through my closets and take out all the "too-big" clothes. Hopefully some of them are in pretty good shape, maybe you can make a few bucks on eBay and use that money to buy yourself something nice (that fits!) :)

Most of them are still in pretty good shape, but they aren't anything special. Just some jeans I picked up at Old Navy or slacks that I probably got from Goodwill myself.


Quote:

Originally Posted by giJ (Post 16384743)
Woo hoooo!!!

When I lost the weight last year, I started dressing out of the guest room closet, which is where I hid all my "too small" clothes. I started to put them back there, out of habit (and a lack of room in my closet) in December when I got back from a business trip. Instead, I took 2 full days, went through both closets, got rid of anything that was too big (donation where possible, trash where not), and moved all the stuff that fits into the bedroom closet. I call it Operation Unpack Suitcase (because it amuses me).

Making sure the big stuff wasn't accessible made it way easier to get things under control when I started to gain back.

Sounds like a good idea. I've noticed I'm getting things out of the guest closet more and more myself.

Quote:

Originally Posted by lterry913 (Post 16384897)
Gotta love that feeling...go with it and rock those jeans...in a lil while you will be getting a new smaller pair.

Thanks! I'm so excited that soon my Citizens and Sevens will fit again! I bought them a couple years ago and refused to give them away when I gained, hoping against hope that they would fit again someday. Well, I can get them on and buttoned; they are still too tight, but darn that is some good motivation!


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:36 PM.