Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Main Lowcarb Lobby (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/)
-   -   CO makes me hungry (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/802462-co-makes-me-hungry.html)

lose4life 04-19-2013 03:44 PM

CO makes me hungry

It's the strangest thing. After I eat coconut oil I get hungry shortly after and I feel hypoglycemic. I tried fat bombs and cooked eggs with it. Has anyone else experienced this?

reddarin 04-19-2013 04:01 PM

Not me but I have seen posts about that before. You might try MCT oil? I think it is kind of expensive though. Or just eat other good fats :)

cfine 04-19-2013 05:49 PM

I don't get hungry, but I do feel jittery and anxious after eating it.

Julie1972 04-20-2013 04:26 AM

I put a tbsp of CO in my coffee each morning with HWC and it keeps me full for 4-5 hours. I love it! I guess it's a YMMV thing......

LiterateGriffin 04-20-2013 04:53 AM

Obviously, CO isn't 'working' for you.

So stop. :)

There are plenty of other sources of healthy fats out there -- you don't NEED to eat this one. Particularly if it's doing you harm (in terms of appetite) instead of good.

For me, it's very much a "magic bullet", in terms of hunger, and I'm glad to have found it.

For you, it's obviously NOT! So stop taking it. ;) (Know what? There's an eye-glasses prescription that works really amazingly well for my husband... I can't see thru it for anything. So I just don't use it.)

lose4life 04-20-2013 06:24 AM

Of course I stopped eating it. I'm just letting you know how it affect me.

Patience 04-20-2013 06:37 AM

Yep, CO is really working well for me.
Fat bombs and BPC . . . . what more to say.

clackley 04-20-2013 07:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lose4life (Post 16383377)
It's the strangest thing. After I eat coconut oil I get hungry shortly after and I feel hypoglycemic. I tried fat bombs and cooked eggs with it. Has anyone else experienced this?

It may not be the coconut oil but what you are having with it. Eggs (although I love them) do not really keep me feeling full and fat bombs are ususally made with nut butters which also cause issues for me. If you really want to include c.o. in your woe, I would suggest having it independent of all other foods (i.e. off the spoon) and see how that works.

Beeb 04-20-2013 07:07 AM

I get hungry, also so you are not alone here in thinking this is happening! :console: Eggs do the same thing and if I did coconut and eggs, OMG!! :eek: Eating the paint off the walls in a matter of minutes!! :mad:

I still use it but wait until my evening tea/decaf coffee to use it. This way I'm off to bed and if I get hungry I'm sleeping through it.

I do like the benefits and this is why I use still!! ;)

SweetMe678 04-21-2013 04:18 PM

CO makes me hungry afterwards also. You are not alone. I use it for my hair now :D Makes nice glossy curls.

BunChucker 04-22-2013 10:17 AM

I tried CO once and it made me feel sick and lightheaded. So, I quit using it.