Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Main Lowcarb Lobby (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/)
-   -   Pizza King No Dough Pizza (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/802444-pizza-king-no-dough-pizza.html)

Gibbs 04-19-2013 10:23 AM

Pizza King No Dough Pizza

I just had that for lunch, got a pizza craving and my co-worker and I decided we'd both try it (and she's not LC). If you're craving pizza, it's the cure but it was $10 for about $3 worth of ingredients, if that. And it was GREASY! Don't get me wrong, it was just like Pizza King Royal Feast, but no crust.

Will I get it again? I doubt it!

Demonica 04-19-2013 10:50 AM

I LOVE their no crust pizza!!:jumpjoy: I can once again enjoy their Royal Feast with my family (just not off the same pie.):jumpjoy:

raindroproses 04-19-2013 02:48 PM

Awww I wish we had a Pizza King, that sounds amazing! I'd always feel so wasteful ordering a whole pizza and picking the toppings off while throwing the crust and bottom away... of course I could always make my own I guess, in a glass baking dish :)

LowcarbFan 04-24-2013 11:42 AM

Since it is not on the menu where I live either do you have to special order it or just say without the crust or do some pizza kings have it and some don't?

Demonica 04-24-2013 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LowcarbFan (Post 16391242)
Since it is not on the menu where I live either do you have to special order it or just say without the crust or do some pizza kings have it and some don't?

The Pizza King where I live has a Low Carb section on the menu and it says specially in the pizza section "no dough". So when I order, I just ask for the "X" inch no dough Royal Feast pizza. I'm not sure if it's offered at all Pizza Kings or not because in at another Pizza King a couple towns over, they have burritos at one of their Pizza Kings (that are AMAZING!!) but we don't have them at our Pizza King. But I bet if you ask them to make a no dough one for you, they would. Heck, I used to order Royal Feast pizzas with ranch dressing on them. (sounds nasty but VERRRY tasty imo:yummy:)

JQuintero 04-24-2013 04:14 PM

No Pizza King around here, but I'm sure if you asked they would do it. I had a roommate who would order her pizza with no sauce. The housemate ordered a pizza a few weeks back and asked for it to be delivered UNCOOKED. He popped it into the oven at home and was able to scortch it the way he likes.

AngelzWingz 04-24-2013 10:56 PM

I used to live in Indiana and I miss Pizza King so bad! One of the first places we always visit when we go back. Best pizza I've ever had.

bethierose 04-25-2013 07:57 AM

Yummmmm!!! I like the idea of making my own at home.. :) We have no Pizza King. :(

Chuck41 04-25-2013 08:32 AM

Sounds interesting. No Pizza Kings anywhere around here. Did see a really interesting recipe for a low carb pizza crust. Made of eggs and shredded cheese spread in a pan and cooked well on both sides. Then covered with pizza sauce and toppings and baked until cheese topping is melted. Haven't tried it yet, but it sounds yummy, and very LC.:yummy:

PianoAl 04-25-2013 06:06 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

And it was GREASY!
You've sold me! There's a pizza king about 60 miles away, and I'm going to try it.

Otherwise, here's my recipe.

Attachment 49603

Chuck41 04-25-2013 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PianoAl (Post 16394025)
You've sold me! There's a pizza king about 60 miles away, and I'm going to try it.

Otherwise, here's my recipe.

Attachment 49603

Yep, That sounds great. Cant wait to try it.

PianoAl 04-25-2013 07:12 PM

I just called the closest Pizza King, but apparently it is not a national chain, and the guy who answered had no idea what low carb was. Oh well.

lynnport 04-25-2013 08:44 PM

I just made a crust less "pizza" for dinner tonight. Just layer your favorite toppings in a glass casserole dish and bake. It was perfect football food along with my hot wings to eat while watching the NFL draft!