Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Main Lowcarb Lobby (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/)
-   -   JUDDD after LC? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/802339-juddd-after-lc.html)

Abdul1993 04-17-2013 01:54 PM

JUDDD after LC?

JUDDD seems like close to normal eating. Is it okay to do JUDDD after finish LC? Would I gain weight back if I transition? Also, I don't think I was carb sensitive when I used to eat normal. But now that I don't eat more than 30 grams of carbs, and sometimes when I eat out and eat like 150ish grams of carbs, I gain like 5 pounds and it slowly trickles down the following days till like a week when I'm back to what I was the prior week. I know it's cus of water, but it did take a whole week away from me just from one day, and I get worried that on LC, that you gain weight super fast. And that wasn't the case back then when I would slowly gain weight. So is it possible that I made myself carb sensitive?

AsmallerME 04-17-2013 02:01 PM

Honestly, I think it's best to transition with slowly adding in carbs, like suggested in the Atkins book. I know you aren't following Atkins, but he recommends adding in one new item at a time, and increasing your carb intake 5 grams at a time. So if you switch to JUDDD, stay low carb at first. After a few weeks, you'll be at a higher level and eating a more varied diet. And it likely won't cause any regain.

mom23kids 04-17-2013 02:08 PM

You might want to post this in the JUDDD forum, most of us JUDDDers started out low carb and then made the switch. I don't know if many of them check this section though. If you post there, you may get more responses :)

Strawberry 04-17-2013 02:10 PM

Well, its "ok" to do whatever you want, really...

Have you thought about trying to slowly increase your carbs, like it describes in the Atkins book? Thats what I would recommend if you feel like you need more variety in your diet. Staying at 30 carbs a day is hard for some people. You might enjoy things more if you (slowly) add in a little fruit, or yogurt, or dreamfields pasta... whatever it is you feel you are missing.

Its normal to quickly gain water weight if you eat a ton of carbs after being on low carb... but its not fat. Low carb doesnt make you gain weight from fat super fast. However, if you return to your old eating habits, I could almost guarantee that you would gain weight.

If you want to try JUDDD, sure... why not? I've tried it, and its hard on the down days! And most people on here do a lower carb version or "healthy foods" on the Up Days. I think it would probably not go too well to plan on eating french fries, and sandwiches, and standard american diet foods on the up days. (not that you were planning to do that).

mom23kids 04-17-2013 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strawberry (Post 16379325)
Well, its "ok" to do whatever you want, really...

Have you thought about trying to slowly increase your carbs, like it describes in the Atkins book? Thats what I would recommend if you feel like you need more variety in your diet. Staying at 30 carbs a day is hard for some people. You might enjoy things more if you (slowly) add in a little fruit, or yogurt, or dreamfields pasta... whatever it is you feel you are missing.

Its normal to quickly gain water weight if you eat a ton of carbs after being on low carb... but its not fat. Low carb doesnt make you gain weight from fat super fast. However, if you return to your old eating habits, I could almost guarantee that you would gain weight.

If you want to try JUDDD, sure... why not? I've tried it, and its hard on the down days! And most people on here do a lower carb version or "healthy foods" on the Up Days. I think it would probably not go to well to plan on eating french fries, and sandwiches, and standard american diet foods on the up days. (not that you were planning to do that).

I ate a totally SAD woe while on JUDDD and lost all my extra weight that way. JUDDD only cares about calories. Health wise, recent bloodwork came back all good, in spite of eating fries and Oreos on a regular basis-go figure lol. That's one of the nice things about JUDDD, it's flexible to how you want to eat-low carb, vegetarian, SAD etc. If you feel better doing lc but still want to do JUDDD you can do a combination of the two :)

raindroproses 04-17-2013 02:16 PM

I also think the "will I gain weight back" question is just so personal and individual to each person that no one can really tell you for certain HOW your body will react if you do certain things... that's a part of maintenance really, is seeing what works for you and what doesn't. If you go back to eating the SAD, I can almost guarantee you'll gain weight probably. But as far as adding in some carbs here and there, or trying a different LC plan than the one you've been using to lose... no one can really say how your body will react imo.

Abdul1993 04-17-2013 02:22 PM

Thank you for all the suggestions. @ mom23kids I definitely will post this at JUDDD section after I find out what JUDDD is. @strawberry I won't be eating food like that; I didn't eat standard american before LC either, I think the main culprit behind my belly fat was many servings of white rice throughout the day. My main worry about staying in the diet I'm at now is that my consumption of so much protein is gonna affect the health of my kidneys in the future. So, I definitely have to change my diet. I can't add fat and decrease protein in my current diet because it doesn't cease my hunger on days I'm not preoccupied.

kiwistars 04-17-2013 04:53 PM

If it helps I lost 50lb doing Atkins (DANDR 2002)and stayed exactly that weight for a few years until I quit smoking by the 'sack of chips and bottle of wine' method(Yeah,as healthy as it sounds)

I didn't need to change much it just meant I could have an extra portion of my favourite or add the low carb version of something I loved.It was really easy.That may not work for you but give it a try as if it does it saves learning a whole new eating style.

KeirasMom 04-18-2013 09:53 AM

I have a slightly different take on adding the carbs back. I did Atkins before moving over to JUDDD, and just found it too restrictive "for me." I took a weekend off in between and ate whatever I wanted. It was my daughter's birthday weekend, so we had junk basically (pizza, cupcakes, etc.). I gained 3 pounds that weekend, accepted it, and called that my "JUDDD Starting Weight."

I've since lost 110 pounds with JUDDD, eating SAD, and enjoying the heck out of it. I'm currently maintaining with 5:2, which I call "JUDDD light" since it's basically JUDDD with fewer down days.

The most important thing is finding the plan that you can live with for the rest of your life, and then embracing those changes as lifestyle changes, rather than "diet." I still count all my calories every day. I still weigh every day. It's just habit now, and something I don't ever want to stop doing because it holds me accountable.