Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Main Lowcarb Lobby
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2013, 10:39 AM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: shayelle
One piece of Key Lime pie....

that's all it took. Not a day of clean eating since That was 4 days ago......
shayelle is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-17-2013, 10:49 AM   #2
giJ
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: giJ
Stats: Size 18W+/8
WOE: My own - low carb, high fat, calorie controlled
Start Date: You mean this time? 9 Jan 2012
Yup, it's amazing what one little thing can do (to some people). Live and learn and get back to clean eating!
giJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 11:06 AM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: rubidoux
Stats: 214/130/130 (5'2")
WOE: HF/MP/LC
Start Date: restart 9/2012
I'm really sorry! I have gone down that road, too.

I gotta say, though, lol, key lime pie is both about as yummy as it gets and about as sugary as it gets. There is almost no amount of insulin that could get me through that unscathed.

Getting back on, eat as much fat as you can stand. It'll speed things up and make you feel better in the meantime. Good luck!
rubidoux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 12:20 PM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Janknitz
Stats: 254/184/150
WOE: Low Carb High Fat, Primal
Start Date: June 16, 2011
You are never farther away from a good low carb diet than the NEXT bite in your mouth. So make it a good one. Don't give up.

Next time you want to "cheat", plan ahead. First, wait several MONTHS before trying a cheat again, so that you are well fat adapted. Eat a good low carb meal with plenty of fat. Then take a small sliver of the treat, eat it slowly, savor every bite, and don't eat any more once you are feeling stuffed. If you've primed your body with good, low carb food first, then there won't be much physiological hunger to make you overeat the treat, and it won't have such a devastating effect on your blood sugar.
Janknitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 01:22 PM   #5
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: shayelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janknitz View Post
You are never farther away from a good low carb diet than the NEXT bite in your mouth. So make it a good one. Don't give up.

Next time you want to "cheat", plan ahead. First, wait several MONTHS before trying a cheat again, so that you are well fat adapted. Eat a good low carb meal with plenty of fat. Then take a small sliver of the treat, eat it slowly, savor every bite, and don't eat any more once you are feeling stuffed. If you've primed your body with good, low carb food first, then there won't be much physiological hunger to make you overeat the treat, and it won't have such a devastating effect on your blood sugar.
To make it worse, the meal before the pie was COMPLETELY low carb friendly. It was a buffet at our country club and had a salad bar, Prime Rib, roasted veggies (and of course high carb fare). The pie was completely unneccesary. I was neither hungry nor deprived of a good meal. It was stupid
shayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 03:12 PM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Aleina
Stats: 224/ 172.9 31 Jan /150
WOE: Epi Paleo
Start Date: 15 Nov 2012 various WOES
Shayelle,well done on keeping the meal preious to the offending pie lo carb. Good advice from everyone so far.I especially like the idea of eating more fatty foods at least for a day or so. Also very intense flavours might help like salami,smoked things to satisfy the cravings .
Aleina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 08:10 AM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lterry913
Stats: 5' 11" 238/174/170
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 12/1/2010
There are very few things I will indulge in and a good key lime pie is one of them...Life is too short not to stop and smell the roses...or taste the pie in our case, however it is so important to get back on track immediately...don't let the addictive properties of sugar suck you back in.

Get back to business...you can do this.
lterry913 is offline   Reply With Quote