Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Main Lowcarb Lobby (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/)
-   -   One piece of Key Lime pie.... (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/802325-one-piece-key-lime-pie.html)

shayelle 04-17-2013 10:39 AM

One piece of Key Lime pie....

that's all it took. Not a day of clean eating since :( That was 4 days ago......

giJ 04-17-2013 10:49 AM

Yup, it's amazing what one little thing can do (to some people). Live and learn and get back to clean eating!

rubidoux 04-17-2013 11:06 AM

I'm really sorry! I have gone down that road, too.

I gotta say, though, lol, key lime pie is both about as yummy as it gets and about as sugary as it gets. There is almost no amount of insulin that could get me through that unscathed.

Getting back on, eat as much fat as you can stand. It'll speed things up and make you feel better in the meantime. Good luck!

Janknitz 04-17-2013 12:20 PM

You are never farther away from a good low carb diet than the NEXT bite in your mouth. So make it a good one. Don't give up.

Next time you want to "cheat", plan ahead. First, wait several MONTHS before trying a cheat again, so that you are well fat adapted. Eat a good low carb meal with plenty of fat. Then take a small sliver of the treat, eat it slowly, savor every bite, and don't eat any more once you are feeling stuffed. If you've primed your body with good, low carb food first, then there won't be much physiological hunger to make you overeat the treat, and it won't have such a devastating effect on your blood sugar.

shayelle 04-17-2013 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Janknitz (Post 16379112)
You are never farther away from a good low carb diet than the NEXT bite in your mouth. So make it a good one. Don't give up.

Next time you want to "cheat", plan ahead. First, wait several MONTHS before trying a cheat again, so that you are well fat adapted. Eat a good low carb meal with plenty of fat. Then take a small sliver of the treat, eat it slowly, savor every bite, and don't eat any more once you are feeling stuffed. If you've primed your body with good, low carb food first, then there won't be much physiological hunger to make you overeat the treat, and it won't have such a devastating effect on your blood sugar.

To make it worse, the meal before the pie was COMPLETELY low carb friendly. It was a buffet at our country club and had a salad bar, Prime Rib, roasted veggies (and of course high carb fare). The pie was completely unneccesary. I was neither hungry nor deprived of a good meal. It was stupid :(

Aleina 04-17-2013 03:12 PM

Shayelle,well done on keeping the meal preious to the offending pie lo carb. Good advice from everyone so far.I especially like the idea of eating more fatty foods at least for a day or so. Also very intense flavours might help like salami,smoked things to satisfy the cravings .

lterry913 04-19-2013 08:10 AM

There are very few things I will indulge in and a good key lime pie is one of them...Life is too short not to stop and smell the roses...or taste the pie in our case, however it is so important to get back on track immediately...don't let the addictive properties of sugar suck you back in.

Get back to business...you can do this.