Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Main Lowcarb Lobby (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/)
-   -   help I'm a balloon! (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/802282-help-im-balloon.html)

kiwistars 04-16-2013 06:25 PM

help I'm a balloon!

I fell off the wagon 4 or 5 days ago.I got up dusted myself off and got back in ketosis but now my system is all messed up.

I am ballooning with gas,burping like crazy.My stomach will get so swollen it is tender to the touch.
I burp and it eases off then refills.Anyone had this reaction if so what made it settle?
I feel otherwise quite well and I am in ketosis,no other symptoms.:help:

Trillex 04-16-2013 08:16 PM

I'm glad you're back on plan, Kiwi! Good work getting back to it.

I don't have any advice about the gas and stuff. But now you know the consequences for these little detours off plan, so you have even more reason to be careful with what you eat.

kiwistars 04-16-2013 08:20 PM

Yeah I was back in ketosis almost instantly,broke the stall that wouldn't let me break 195lb but now I am in pain.

I must have gone up 2 or 3 dress sizes around my stomach!!!
I think I may have eaten something that I am specifically intolerant to as I remember once doing this in the past with eating an apple.

raindroproses 04-16-2013 08:53 PM

Ouch! That sounds like me when I would drink milk back in the day before I realized I was lactose intolerant and straight up milk REALLY bothered my tummy... definitely no fun at all :console:

Is it possible you also might have eaten something that was bad? I remember the last time I ate a Subway sandwich I thought something tasted "off" about it and sure enough I wound up with a mild case of food poisoning from it... no vomiting or anything like that, but I remember when I accidentally drank a cup of coffee afterward I puffed up like a balloon and was in severe pain because of how caffeine interacts with the bacteria in your gut.

At any rate, hopefully that goes away soon and you'll be feeling better! At least you can probably chalk it up to a learning experience. I know if I had a flare up like that I'd definitely be less likely to go off plan again... yikes! :hugs:

Blue Skies 04-16-2013 09:02 PM

All that matters is today and tomorrow. You are back on the plan, and that's what counts. Don't know what to say about the gas and the burps, except to say our bodies are machines and most don't take kindly to having the rug pulled out from underneath their current systems---and let us know in all sorts of uncomfortable ways.

I find I'm better off with scheduled treats---and by this I mean one meal off plan every now and then. I find I can do it once a week with no effects. Sometimes I don't even do it that often, and even when I do, my "treat" meals are much more in line with the plan than they started out being. I simply don't crave a binge meal anymore. For me now a treat meal means I have some potatoes, or maybe some bread. Or I eat whatever a host has prepared for me, without stressing about the carbs.

But If I didn't know I had a treat meal in my future, I'd probably fall off the wagon one of these fine days soon. I say the message is NOT to never have a treat or a moment off plan, but rather to take control of when and why that happens, and for how long.

Genie80 04-17-2013 06:41 AM

Well done for getting back on plan! :jumpjoy:
Hope the stomach eases soon, drink plenty of water it will make you feel a little more bloated initially but should soon make it better.

Genie x

lanita 04-17-2013 06:47 AM

Would it be ok to take Gas-X?

kiwistars 04-17-2013 12:39 PM

I don't know.I am in NZ and haven't heard of it.