Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Main Lowcarb Lobby
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2013, 11:04 PM   #241
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Deej

Hi All,
I'm excited to be on this board and looking forward to some advice, recipes & all all else this site has to offer.

I've been on Atkins for 8 weeks now. The weight loss (17.5 lbs with a new weigh in tomorrow) has been slower than I'd like but I figure if I keep doing what I'm doing, it will happen for me. If I make my goals small, 20 lb increments, I'll feel better achieving them as I'm coming up on that first goal.

Too many bad diets have slowed my metabolism. I also had a total knée replacement and need another surgery for the other knee. I'm hoping reducing my weight will improve how my bad knee feels since I'm holding off as long as I can. Exercising has not been top priority due to pain but I know I have to do something. I could use some encouragement for that!

As far as the diet goes, I'm staying on Induction for a while. I'm getting some of the Jennifer Eloff cookbooks to give me some variety. I've not been hungry on the diet and the food has been fulfilling so I'm looking forward to continuing the diet.

I'd like to add a pic. Can someone tell me how?
Deej is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-07-2013, 11:05 PM   #242
Junior LCF Member

Hi All,
I'm excited to be on this board and looking forward to some advice, recipes & all all else this site has to offer.

I've been on Atkins for 8 weeks now. The weight loss (17.5 lbs with a new weigh in tomorrow) has been slower than I'd like but I figure if I keep doing what I'm doing, it will happen for me. If I make my goals small, 20 lb increments, I'll feel better achieving them as I'm coming up on that first goal.

Too many bad diets have slowed my metabolism. I also had a total knée replacement and need another surgery for the other knee. I'm hoping reducing my weight will improve how my bad knee feels since I'm holding off as long as I can. Exercising has not been top priority due to pain but I know I have to do something. I could use some encouragement for that!

As far as the diet goes, I'm staying on Induction for a while. I'm getting some of the Jennifer Eloff cookbooks to give me some variety. I've not been hungry on the diet and the food has been fulfilling so I'm looking forward to continuing the diet.

I'd like to add a pic. Can someone tell me how?
Old 04-07-2013, 11:33 PM   #243
Junior LCF Member

I figured out how to upload a pic. Thanks anyway!
Old 04-08-2013, 02:27 PM   #244
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: KatAttack
Stats: 70 gone...50 more to go
WOE: Adkins
Start Date: April 2012
Hi!!!

Hello everyone!!! Nice to be here with others that are working on the same goal!! I started Adkins April 2012 and have lost 70 pounds. The first 50 were so easy!!! Then I hit a huge plateau and have been there for a few months now. I went back to induction yesterday and started back walking at lunch time. Thank you spring time!!!
I am hoping to lose 50 more. My goal is 10 pounds by next month. Starting small always helps!! I am hoping to be here on the site everyday from today until May 1st. From just lurking around this board is amazing and it is so nice to have the encourgement and motivation to get where you wanna be!!!!! I think I have found that here
Hope to chat with you soon!!!
KatAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 05:20 AM   #245
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: TRISTAR
Stats: 273.8/273.8/139
WOE: Low Carb
Hi everyone. I have just joined this forum, however I am not new to low carbing. I originally weighed 288lbs, and dropped to 249lbs (on low carb). I then broke off to go on holiday, and never got back into it. This was 3 years ago. I'm now starting again, as I am getting married next year, and need to lose as much weight as possible for this. I can never seem to lose weight on other diets (I put weight on with weight watchers & slimming world!) Are there any other members in the UK here?
TRISTAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 10:18 AM   #246
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: mamakate
carb nite solution

Well hello everyone. I'm a 50 year-old gal, with young kids and wanting to get from 134 to 120. I started the carb nite solution April 1 and am wondering if anyone else is on it. It's ultra low carb (30 grams or less/day) but you get a carb nite once a week. Had my first carb nite Monday nite. Any one else trying this method? I've heard it work. thanks!
MamaKate
mamakate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 10:29 AM   #247
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: mexxy1217
Stats: 206/161/140
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 2010
I'm new and doing Atkins. So far so good. I cheated and got on the scale this morning. Im happy to say IT WORKS!! I got over a huge hurdle that I have been battling for about 6 months! Yay me...Keep all the good info coming. It's been helpful!
206/159/140
mexxy1217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 09:04 PM   #248
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Babydoll
WOE: LC
Start Date: April 2, 2013
Hi everyone....I just joined, and not sure how to use these forums yet...I've only begun low carb on the 2nd, had a set back on the weekend (had some drinks) now I know, I can't do that! Haha...oh well...now I'm back on, but I'm not sure why my ketosis seems to fluctuate so much...anyone know why? I wasn't recording all that I ate, but I am now....it seems to me that it's within the set guidelines, but I'm very new at this...I don't even have a scale yet....so I'm copying it here for others to see, and perhaps give me advice?

Wednesday:
Bkfst. Coffee with cream, 3 scrambled with leftover chk. breast, broccoli, jalapeño and cheese.

Lunch: salad greens (about two cups) with 6-8 deli salami slices, shredded cheese and 10 olives; I used the olive oil/juice from the olives as dressing.

Dinner: salad greens (2 cups) with 2 eggs, scrambled with cheese, 1/2 avocado, and about 2 tbsp of tzatziki for dressing.

(Throughout the day, I will snack just by grabbing some salami or pepperoni stick with a string cheese stick, or a pickle, or olives, sometimes laughing cow cheese triangles....I'll literally just stand at the counter and snack, I don't make a meal of it...haha)

Thursday:
Bkfst: 2 coffees, each with about a teaspoon of cream, I was in a rush, so I just stuffed some deli meats and cheese into my mouth, and out the door!! Haha

Lunch: 2 eggs, sprinkled with cheese, 2 slices bacon, one bite of breakfast sausage, two small slices of back bacon, and one small slice of ham....and a few cups of coffee with cream.

Dinner: (Swiss Chalet) 1/4 chicken, 4 ribs with no sauce, 3 pcs broccoli and 3 pcs cauliflower.

I drink lots of water, and I sometimes have a coke zero if I feel like I'm craving something...and I normally snack like I described above, but today I haven't.

So, am I just eating too much, or too little? I've been eating like this pretty much since Tuesday the 2nd, and I've only seen about four pounds go...I was hoping for much faster results to begin with
Babydoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 09:13 PM   #249
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: reddarin
Stats: 6' 47y/o 265/193/170
WOE: NK
Start Date: Aug 13, 2011
Hi Babydoll Repost your question in the Lobby:

Main Lowcarb Lobby - Low Carb Friends

reddarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 09:28 PM   #250
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Babydoll
WOE: LC
Start Date: April 2, 2013
Thank you!
Babydoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 05:02 AM   #251
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: ncmchick
Stats: 287/277.8/125
Start Date: March 26, 2013
Hi Everyone, I'm Nikkia.

Hi Everyone! My name is Nikkia and I’m no stranger to the LC lifestyle. Nine years ago I lost a ton of weight on Atkins and got down to my lowest adult weight of 212.6 pounds. I accurately remember the number because I remember looking at the scale thinking, “what the h**l! Is that real?” To put that in perspective for you, I was 210 in the 4th grade, so it was a while since I was that small (not that I was small). Anyway, I felt great at 212.6, but I was young (21) and in college, so I quickly fell off the“wagon” since I didn’t commit to the lifestyle.

I actually remember the day I jumped off the low carb train. One day, I looked at a bowl of candy in my office, sat down and ate the entire bowl. Yup. Embarrassing. I still don't even know why I went off the program. While I was on the program I felt AMAZING. I was flirty and confident and beautiful and happy and strong. I remember being so excited about everything.

But, I threw it away for a bowl of tootsie rolls. That kicked off a semester of drinking and eating poorly with no exercise. While I was losing the weight, I exercised every day (cardio and strength training) and I was militant about what I ate (only meat and acceptable vegetables. I was doing an extended Induction because I had so much weight to lose. I’m 5’7, so I still had a way to go). Anyway, that semester (after I fell off the wagon) was a mess. I steadily gained all the weight back, plus interest. I teetered between 285 and 305 for the next nine years. In those 9 years, I retreated into myself. I didn't enjoy going out in public and didn't leave the house too often except to go to work. I only went to work because I had to. I was always warm and hated my body. I was miserable.

I turned 30 recently and realized that my health is something that I need to make a priority. I don't expect weight loss to make all of my problems disappear, but I think that it's a step in the right direction. Both of my parents are diabetic and it is a miracle that I haven’t developed diabetes. I just had a complete workup by my doctor and there was nothing majorly wrong (my thyroid is a bit under active which is being treated with a small amount of Synthroid). What I finally realized after a lifetime of “diets” was that I needed to commit to being healthy for the rest of my life. I tinkered with several eating plans before going back to Atkins. That plan has been the only thing that I have found success with. The last time I was on Atkins, I was in complete control of my binge eating and wasn’t constantly thinking about food.

It was with that in mind that I have gone back to Dr. Atkins's plan. I purchased another copy of his text and started my, low carb lifestyle on 3/26/2013.

I’ll admit it has been difficult. But everything worth having usually is, right?

What has been better this time around has been the access to amazing induction friendly recipes. On about day 6, I wanted something sweet so badly that I thought I was going to pull my hair out. I didn’t want any of those Atkins bars or snacks (they make me ill) so I was searching the internet for a recipe. I ended up finding a recipe for cinnamon pork rinds. I didn’t think that there was any way that it would work or even taste good but I was so desperate that I tried it. OMG! They were the perfect dessert to my lettuce tacos and reminded me of those cinnamon twists from Taco Bell. I was in heaven and at that moment felt that I was in this for the long haul.

I’m still in Induction and may stay here for a while. I’ll listen to my body and won’t rush the process. My next step is to add in exercise. In the past, I’ve tried to add everything at once and have ended up quitting because it was too hard. I will slowly incorporate strength and cardio training. I eventually want to finish a half marathon

I completed my first 14 days of Atkins and I feel amazing! This is not to suggest that those 14 days were easy. It felt like Induction with tougher this go around. Or maybe, I had so much crap in my system that I had to get out. I felt like I was dragging up until day 14 and then I got my energy surge. Though I still think about food, I don't feel as desperate about it as I used to. I have to sometimes remind myself to eat. I'm not dying to go through the drive thru and am trying to get all my veggies in. I am sleeping through the night and wake up without back and hip pain. I don’t need nearly as much sleep. My neck and face are clearing up (I had moderate acne and my neck had dark blotches). I don’t feel sleepy after a meal. My mood seems much more stable. In addition, my TOM isn't as killer as usual. Oh yeah, and I'm down 9.8 pounds.

I'd also like to begin working on my confidence. At almost 300 pounds, I hated being the center of attention and would try my best to disappear. Don't even talk about dating, I didn't even attempt it. And to be honest, I'm a bit nervous about what losing weight will bring up for me in terms of emotions and feelings. I've been an emotional eater for most of my life. I usually cope with things by buying all the food I can get my hands on, stuffing myself into a food induced coma and sleeping the day away so that I don't have to deal with anything. I know that without the food or the escape, I'll have to face things head on. Scary. But I want to lose this weight more than I want to hide from my feelings.

I’m so happy that I’ve found this amazing site with all of you inspirational people. During my lunch break, I eat my LC meal and read through all of the great posts.

Thanks for reading my story! I look forward to getting to know everyone.
ncmchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 08:26 AM   #252
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: anoirrud
Stats: 240/215/140
WOE: LC (minus fruits)
Start Date: 04/08/2013
Newbie!

Hey all. I am no stranger to LC just like everyone else. I think I may have been able to keep it up for about a week. So I never really have seen real weight loss. Honestly I am not on a strict LC diet. I am significantly cutting my carbs but I am trying to keep fruits and veggies in my life and for some reason that 2 week induction phase makes me so sick Considering that I have a 2 year old and an 8 month old at the present time being sick and with withdrawn and grumpy just doesnt work. lol but I am ok with the slow healthy track I just need support. So far I am 5 days in and 5lbs down. I am about to enter the weekend so I am scared I always fall apart on the weekends but I am going to keep my confidence up. Ill be 25 in june and I am hoping to be at my overall weight goal before 26! We shall see. I love the idea of being apart of a support group.. And just writing how I feel. Good luck to everyone!!
anoirrud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 03:07 PM   #253
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Patience
You need to design a plan that is going to work for you. You'll find tons of support here, as I've discovered in just two weeks. Probably good to stick to you plan by recording what you are doing. Slow can be good, if you are persistent. Well, I'm a fine one to talk, but working my plan so far so good.
Welcome to everyone!
Patience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 03:12 PM   #254
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Patience
Nikkia, it is fantastic that you have such a good start! Just think how much you have learned from your prior experience. Knowledge is power.

Quote:
But I want to lose this weight more than I want to hide from my feelings

I can really relate to this because I drink too much to hide from my feelings and I can understand very well how food can serve the same purpose.

Go for it!
Patience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 06:16 PM   #255
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: TQuest
Hi!

Hello Everyone My name is Tanya. I'm 29 years old and from Portland, Oregon. I just started doing the Fat Fast yesterday. After a few days of this, I plan on going on the Atkin's diet! I'm really looking forward to losing weight and enjoying the summer. Only 2 months away, right? I'm hoping I can lose 30-40 lbs before then. Right now I weigh 185 lbs and would like to get down to 115 lbs sometime this year!

I've gone on the Atkins diet in the past and lost 60 lbs. That was several years ago when I was 19. I gained it all back because I went back to unhealhty eating habits. :-/ So I'm back again for the second time, and after I get this weight off, I plan on keeping it off ONCE AND FOR ALL!!!!! lol

Here is a photo of me...I'm new so I'm not quite sure how to make it my profile picture yet.

Also, I was wondering... is there some kind of challenge group for motivation on this site? AND is anyone else here from Portland Oregon?

TQuest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 09:37 PM   #256
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Chuck41
Stats: 6'2"-250/213.5/195
WOE: General Low Carb
Start Date: Dec, 31, 2012
TQuest, welcome to the board! Looks like you have a real ambitious goal of 30 to 40 pounds in a couple months. If you can find help to do that anywhere, its right here. I heard it said by someone on here that the best time to start on a healthy diet is a month ago. The second best time is today. Glad to have you aboard.
Chuck41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 09:42 PM   #257
Blabbermouth!!!

Here ya go:

Atkins Induction - Low Carb Friends

Atkins '72 - Low Carb Friends

Atkins Nutritional Approach - Low Carb Friends

Old 04-13-2013, 07:00 AM   #258
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: RonS
Stats: 400+s/185c/185g
WOE: 10%/35%/55% (Carb, Protein, Fat)
Start Date: Jan 2004/June2011(restart)
Howdy

My name is Ron.

From 2002 to 2004 lost over 130 pounds. Since I have scales that went over 350 pounds I had no way of knowing my starting weight. I just know after a couple of months of trying I saw a scale that went over 400 pounds and I was at 395. So I know I was above 400 when I started. This accomplished by doing Low-Carb, following the Atkin's plan.

After 2004 I stayed at 270 for a while then started yo-yo'ing between 270 to 340 for a few years.

June 1, 2011 I weighed 334 pounds, I decided I had had enough and wanted to get down to below 200 pounds. I was tired of how hard it was to find nice clothes for work. I was hoping the weight loss would help with a possible promotion (which now there is no way it will happen).

So I started doing Low-Carb once again but this time my own plan. I found several low-carb groups on Facebook that gave great tips and a whole bunch of recipes so I wouldn't get bored with food. In Sept 2011 I joined a gym. I started walking, then walking/jogging. Then walking/jogging/bike/elliptical until May 2012. Then we had problems at work and I lost interest in the gym but luckily stayed on the Low-carb plan.

By June 1 2012 I weighed 191 pounds and made it past my goal of 200. I had told myself if I got down to 200, I would start weight lifting. So I forced myself back to the gym and have been hitting the weights. 3 times a week with weights and 2 times a week cardio.

July 1 2012 I weighed 184, 150 POUNDS LOST!!! I am trying not to drop any more weight and maintain 185 while I continue to work with weights. If I gain it's not a big deal as long as it not a gain in pants size.

Now it has been over 10 months since I hit the 150 pound weight loss. I have changed my eating a little bit. I still do low carb but I have reduced the amount of fat I eat and replaced it with more protein. I do weights 5 to 6 times a week and try to get in at least an hour of Cardio in 4 to 5 times a week.

After almost 2 years of doing low carb I find it is much easier to stick to my WOE. I don’t crave sugary food as bad as when I first started and being at goal I know if I occasionally indulge that it won’t ruin me as long as I get right back to eating the way I have been.

Here was my weight los from June 2011 till now.

Start June 1, 2011 @ 334
July 1, 2011 @ 318 (-16)
August 1, 2011 @ 305 (-13) Total 29
September 1, 2011 @ 292 (-13) Total 42
October 1, 2011 @ 276 (-16) Total 58
November 1, 2011 @ 265 (-11) Total 69
December 1, 2011 @ 249 (-16) Total 85
January 1, 2012 @ 237 (-12) Total 97
February 1, 2012 @ 223 (-14) Total 111
March 1, 2012 @ 214 (-9) Total 120
April 1, 2012 @ 206 (-8) Total 128
May 1, 2012 @ 198 (-8) Total 136
June 1, 2012 @ 191 (-7) Total 143
July 1, 2012 @ 184 (-7) Total 150!
August 1, 2012 @181 (-3) Total 153
September 1, 2012 @182 (+1) Total 152
October 1, 2012 @181 (-1) Total 153
November 1, 2012 @182 (+1)Total 152
December 1, 2012 @182 (0)Total 152
January 1, 2013 @184 (+2) Total 150
February 1, 2013 @183 (-1) Total 151
March 1, 2013 @183 (0) Total 151
April 1. 2013 @ 185 (+2) 149
RonS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 08:09 AM   #259
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Pami
WOE: LC JUDDD
Hi!

I'm not new, but I haven't posted in about a year,

so Hi to all the newbies, and

Hi to all the others who don't know (or remember) me!

and to the ones who do remember me: Sorry 'bout that

BTW I've lost 10 lbs since last Sunday
Pami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 10:56 AM   #260
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: TubbyTammie
Stats: 205/200/150
Start Date: April 13, 2013
I am new to the message boards, but I have used Atkins with good success in the past. I am wanting to begin again since I have fallen into eating 80% carbs, and the rest.. With that, I have gained all my pre-Atkins weight back and I am miserable.
TubbyTammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 01:10 PM   #261
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Pat13
Stats: 240/224/150
WOE: moderate carbs
Start Date: April 2013
Hello from a lazy lady.

Hello.

I'm female, in my 50's, and obese - 5'2 and 240 lbs. was my high point. Last week, my doctor told me to cut back on my carbohydrates (I had been dieting and lost some weight) and lose the belly fat. He didn't know how many carbs I should eat per day, so I did some research, and have been trying to keep the number under 100 g. per day.

I need to lose a major amount of weight. Right now, I'm aiming for 150 lbs., which I haven't been in over 10 years, but I should probably go lower than that. I also have high cholesterol. Luckily, my blood pressure is fine.

It doesn't help that I hate exercise. If not for my dog, I wouldn't get any. Three years ago, I lost 30 lbs. by cutting calories and fat and walking farther/longer with my dog. Then I gained it all back, plus ten more pounds. Now I have minor back pain; which seems to flare up when I try to do certain exercises of my arms or legs, but not when I walk (not anymore; it was bad for several months, but then I lost 5 lbs. and bought new shoes). I walk at slow to moderate pace for 30-60 minutes five to six days a week...

I've been cutting the carbs and the calories down in the past 5 days, and have lost another 6 or so lbs (with less than 900 calories per day, which I won't keep up, I'll probably go up to 1000 or more). I'm even keeping track of practically everything I eat.

I've looked at all the low-carb diets mentioned on the boards; also some that aren't low-carb. I think I do better eating without a specific diet plan; I don't like rules, I want to eat vegetables and some fruit have certain things that I depend on; I'm just trying to make better choices. I'm forcing myself to drink more water, probably about 6 cups a day, sometimes 8. Thankfully, I never was a big fan of bread (except in pizza), so I don't miss it, at least not as much as I miss potato chips and some other stuff. But I like being able to eat tomatoes and lettuce and my 100-calorie packets of almonds or almonds & walnuts, and a slice or two of Kraft fat-free cheddar cheese, or even a Lean Cuisine frozen entree a few times a week, and all the caffeinated diet soda that I want. I'll have to see how well this method continues to work...

One thing I've found is that Egg Whites Are My Friends. I think they have less than 1 carb per egg; and they add body to salads, and can even lessen hunger pains when eaten from a just-boiled egg. I'd love to eat the yolks too; but my cholesterol is high; so I try to keep it to 2 egg yolks per week...

I hope to use this board for inspiration and support.
Pat13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 02:39 PM   #262
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: jennefish
WOE: keto
Hi all. I'm new to the boards, sort of new to low carb. I started nutritional ketosis about a year and a half ago and lost 40 lbs. I was shocked at how easy it was and how much better I felt about myself and my body. It's the only way I've been able to lose weight without losing my mind; I'm a recovering bulimic and have found out the hard way I simply can't count calories because it leads me down the dark path. Eating high fat and low to no carb hasn't cured me but helps tremendously.

I fell off the wagon after my ex left me and I broke my ankle while living alone. Sure enough the weight all piled back on from stress eating carbs and more carbs.

I have weight loss goals but I have to remind myself all the time not to get too crazy over it (as occurred this weekend... 7 days on and feeling great, but I was logging my calories and starting to eat too little, triggering carb binging. Alcohol is also not my friend). Back on the horse this time with a little more support.
jennefish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 02:54 PM   #263
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: mcox
Stats: 169
Start Date: 4-13-2013
Hi. I joined yesterday. I also started Atkins yesterday. I am so hungry! Is that normal? Does anyone have suggestions?
mcox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 07:39 AM   #264
Junior LCF Member

Thanks so much for the welcome Bella!
Old 04-15-2013, 07:48 AM   #265
Junior LCF Member

Pami, CONGRATS on the weight loss!!!! You're amazing
Old 04-15-2013, 07:53 AM   #266
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Chuck41
Stats: 6'2"-250/213.5/195
WOE: General Low Carb
Start Date: Dec, 31, 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcox View Post
Hi. I joined yesterday. I also started Atkins yesterday. I am so hungry! Is that normal? Does anyone have suggestions?
Eat satisfying quantities of foods from the Atkins induction allowes list and DON'T trim off the fats! Its the fats that help most that hunger thing and the help your body get into a fat burning mode. Be sure to up water and salt intake as well to avoid "Atkins flu."
Chuck41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 07:37 PM   #267
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: rhoff
Sooo very new to this and I need all the help I can get. I have seen this WOl work wonders on the mind, body and soul. I need to be directed toward the info I need to start Induction right step by step. I want to do this right. Please help me
rhoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 12:22 PM   #268
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: henderson
l am tastycake3 new member

I wanted to start loeew carb diet and wonder if anyone had problems either it after gallbladder surgery?
henderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 02:36 PM   #269
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by henderson View Post
I wanted to start loeew carb diet and wonder if anyone had problems either it after gallbladder surgery?
Check out this thread:

Low carb without gallbladder?

Old 04-16-2013, 07:34 PM   #270
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: nate
Stats: 340/224/180
Start Date: August 2012
Hi everyone!

This is my second go-around with Atkins. The first time I adopted this WOE was August 2003 and I went from 320 lbs to 155 lbs by August 2006. In retrospect, my ultimate downfall was not learning the proper way to transition from weight loss to maintenance and make this a way of life.

Fast forward through college and nursing school, and there I was again at 340 lbs (+20 lbs from my last highest weight). The good news is that I've been back at it since August 2012 with full-force and managed to lose 115 lbs so far.

I used this message board back in its heyday, and really enjoyed hearing the advice and accomplishments of others. I'm hoping that I can continue to learn and help others.

Best of luck to everyone
nate is offline   Reply With Quote