WOE: atkins
Start Date: 02/25/2013
hi all...i keep posting but not seeing my post...not doing something right
LKey is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-07-2013, 04:54 AM   #122
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Valerie_Malone

Hi everyone! So glad I found this site. Anyways, the reason why I'm starting the low carb diet, again, is because I had a poor doctor's visit. My doctor wants me to be on a low carb diet and thinks I can lose 64 lbs. in the next 6 to 9 months. My last weigh in I was at 204. I go back to the doctors in a month & 1/2, so hopefully I will have dropped some weight by then. I just started induction on Monday and I now this is going to be a long journey. I also know I need to pack some patients, because I have none. So here's to the low carbers!
Valerie_Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 08:54 PM   #123
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: raindroproses
Stats: 5'6" - 203/151/150 - Size 14/6/4
WOE: NK (less than 20 total carbs daily)
Start Date: January 25th 2013
Hi everyone! I've been browsing the forums for quite some time before I sucked it up and finally was brave enough to join... I'm so glad to be here among so many amazingly supportive, strong, and like-minded people!

Anyway, I guess I should share a little bit about me! My name is Melanie, I'm going to be 27 years old here in a few days, and I have both PCOS and hypothyroidism. I also have high blood pressure. My PCOS is being managed with Nuvaring, and my hypothyroid... well, it just isn't being controlled right now unfortunately. Taking Levothyroxine for over a month now and it's MISERABLE! Working on getting the right labs and getting Armour natural thyroid in hopes that it'll boost my metabolism and give me my energy back among other things!!

My WOE is really complicated, because it's kind of a mesh of different diets I've custom built to suit my own needs based on my medical conditions... but what's been working for me is probably close to being some hybrid between Primal and Low Glycemic Index. As of January 25th 2013 I no longer eat any type of rice, no pastas, no bread products, no potatoes (or sweet potatoes), and as little refined sugar as humanly possible. I try to stay as gluten free as I can, and have really been limiting my carbs that don't come from healthy veggies or fruits.

So far since January 25th I've lost 17 pounds just dieting, no exercise (due to bad weather, and no energy mostly... I really WANT to start exercising!) and I'm still going strong At my heaviest though, I was 203 pounds so I'm feeling pretty good at my current 161.5! My current goal weight is 150 pounds, but I feel like once I meet it, I'll be able to reevaluate whether I want to continue losing, or focus more on maintenance.

Anyway, I won't take up any more of you guys' time. I guess I could have summed up my "about me" intro by saying I love to talk a lot! I can't wait to meet everyone, and hopefully make some new friends on this great forum!
raindroproses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 08:15 AM   #124
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Rosie Posie
Stats: 254/231/155
WOE: Low Carb, Gluten Free Mix (moving towards Paleo)
Start Date: April 2012
New to this forum, not new to dieting

Hi all,

I've come across this forum a few times in my research and finally decided to join.

A little (or potentially a lot) about me. I'm a
31 yr. old women who has struggled with her weight all her life. Currently I weigh 232lbs and am only 5'5. Even at 6 yrs old when I had skinny arms and legs, I had a little belly pooch, which my twin brother would affectionately refer to as my frog belly (it stuck out like the bellies of the frogs we used to catch). My brother seems to have lucked out with the genes, despite having several overweight family members, he has never had much of a struggle with his weight, if anything he had trouble putting on weight until he was about 26. His form of dieting involves cutting back on beer and/or red bull type drinks for a few weeks. My mom has always struggle with her weight too. However, I'm not blaming my diet or my weight problems on my parents. Since the age of 16 I pretty much had full control over what I ate and I decided to become a vegetarian. Being a vegetarian was probably not accurate, since I didn't like a lot of veggies back then, it was more like carbatarian haha

I slowly packed on about 45 lbs throughout high school, despite being extremely active. I think I weighed about 185 lbs when I graduated. I used to compete in Olympic weightlifting which meant lifting weights for 3 hours 3xweek, I played soccer in the summers 2xweek, I also rode my bike everywhere and trained for a triathlon which meant I also swam 2xweek. I also ran outside on a track and indoors on an elliptical. I basically worked out everyday sometimes twice and I STILL had weight problems. Part of the problem, no doubt was that I overestimated how much I was burning, so I thought with all that activity I could eat whatever I wanted and should according to conventional wisdom load up on carbs for energy!

After my first 3 years of University, I had put on more than the freshman 15. I had put on another 40 lbs. So I was around 225 llbs. I would try so many types of calorie restriction diets but none seemed to give me great results. They also made me miserable. I felt hungry, grouchy and would become obsessed with food. The first time I really started to lose weight was with weight watchers. Before that diets like the zone just seemed to slow down the weight gain, not actually result in much of a loss. With WW I think I had lost about 55 lbs, making me lighter than I was in the last few years of high school. However, I stalled for months and slowly started to put the weight back on before I had even reached my goal.

I tried a number of different diets after that including Atkins for a month. I had great results with Atkins, but at the time found it very hard to maintain as a vegetarian. Also by this time, I was a much healthier vegetarian... or so I thought. I had given up "bad starches" like white rice, pasta, potatoes and bread. I only at good starches like sweet potatoes, brown rice, quinoa, lentils and legumes, and the occasional whole wheat tortilla. I ate lots of veggies etc. and it didn't seem to matter, no weight loss. I even tried to become a raw vegan and ended up gaining weight on all those fruits and nuts haha!

So fast fwd to 2009 and I went to work overseas. I was in Afghanistan, actually, on a military base, so no control over what food was available to me. I did however manage to go from about 240lbs to 198lbs in the first year. I was ecstatic and felt and looked great The main way I did that was through a low carb, low fat, low calorie diet. However, I just couldn't seem to lose anymore and started to gain a little back. So by February 2010 I was back up over 200 lbs. Then I changed locations to an American camp and the food was much worse. All of the food was prepackaged and there was no longer a single fresh vegetable or any fresh milk or yogurt. Dinner was often stuff like pizza, fries and wings etc. By the time I left the country I was back around 225lbs. I'm not blaming the US military, I understand young men need lots of calories, but for me the food prepared was catastrophic. However, it also turned out that more was going on.

Once I got back to Canada, my weight continued to balloon up to over 240lbs. At first I thought it was because I was eating too much enjoying all the foods I had missed overseas, but once I started to diet and was still gaining I got worried. My family Dr. ran some blood work and said I was fine and sent me to a nutrionist for counselling. I didn't show up and instead booked myself an appointment at a natural health clinic. They ran over 60 tests on my blood and urine and conducted an in-depth survey. It was expensive, but worth it as I found out that I was deficient (not just low) in almost every major vitamin/nutrient, that I was low in neurotransmitters like seratonin and dopamine, and had lost the ability to even produce coritsol. They suspected that I had a gluten intolerance which was preventing me from absorbing nutrients and would explain why I was hungry all the time even immediately after eating. I underwent a few more tests and confirmed a gluten intolerance. Once I cut gluten out of my diet, my joint pain disappeared, and I lost about 20 lbs. However, I just couldn't seem to loose any more. My weight continued to fluctuate between 254 and 230. For instance, I tried the 4hr body diet by Tim Ferris, and lost 20 lbs initially, but that was it.

I was starting to worry that my body was set on some sort of artificially high set point. I tried calorie restriction again. Not because, I thought it worked well, but I was at a loss at what else to do. I would loose a little like 5 lbs or so, but I was so hungry and miserable I'd end up binging on weekends and feel bad about myself. After several months of this, I remembered Atkins and how it had worked for me that 1 month I tried it that I decided to try it again, since this time around I was eating meat now. I had added meat to my diet after being told that part of the health problems I was experiencing was due to a lack of protein not just gluten intolerance.

So in March 2012, after reading the book "Why we get Fat" by Gary Taubes, I began a low carb diet. It worked! For the first time in months, perhaps even years, I was able to lose weight somewhat effortlessly. For the first time in years I felt satiated after eating. The weight loss only lasted for 3 weeks though. I stalled. However, after reading a number of blogs and forums online, I decided to reduce the number of calories I was eating (it was around 2200) and the weight loss began again. I ended up losing 42lbs in 6 months. It was amazing! I felt so much better about myself. Not just for looking better, but mostly because I stopped blaming myself and my lack of will power for my struggles with weight.

Although, I have put on 20 of the 42lbs lost, I'm not worried this time. First I know the reason I gained the weight, I didn't restrict my carbs enough. I also realized however, that when I put the weight on, it was at a much slower rate than every before, as I was still limiting my carb intake to a certain extent. So I think for me, a low carb diet is how I will eat for the rest of my life. Knowing that I know what works, makes starting the weight loss process again less scary.

OK that was a very long story, but I think that a lot of you can relate. I look forward to supporting each other on this weight loss journey going forward.

Rosie
Rosie Posie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 12:07 PM   #125
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: csrich
Stats: 317/290/250
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 3/5/2013
the first time I did LC I was working in a Level 1 Trauma center doing Psy Assessments, and was an EMT for 12 yrs in NY. I found that I did well on things that I could eat LC snacks for the majority of my shift and if I got a chance to sit, then eat some veggies. Depends on the kind of day/night you're having. I did well on peperonni chips and cheese bites. Could keep them in your smock pocket or in a bag and grab a couple quickly.
Be safe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACopsWife View Post
Hi from Mississippi everyone!!! So grateful i found this forum. I have about 40 pds that i need to loose, and since i had had success with LC eating in the past, i decided to give it a try again. I am an EMT and work on an ambulance, and dont always have time to eat healthy between our calls. Which has lead me to the weight gain. I need to be better prepared when i come to work lol. Looking forward to all of yall's tips, and recipes. Have a blessed day
csrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 08:56 AM   #126
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: SeeYaLater
Stats: 168/155/140
WOE: Low carbs, no fuss, no counting.
Start Date: Starting again January 20, 2008
Low Carb is best for me!

Hi, I'm back. I lost 20+ lbs on Weight Watchers a couple years ago but I just couldn't keep it off-too hungry! I went back to WW but wasn't losing, then decided to cut out just my breakfast toast and --voila--lost 5 lbs immediately! I think low carb is my best way of eating and now I'm here for life.

Thanks to all of you who share your successes and tips to encourage others.
SeeYaLater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 10:37 AM   #127
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: indigocrush
Stats: 186/183/140
Start Date: March 2013
Hi!

I'm a 45 year old graduate student. After 20 years of working and pursuing one career, I'm back in school to do my real love, which is history. I'm a full-time student and teaching assistant. Years of sitting behind a computer and terrible eating habits put me 45 lbs. over my ideal weight. I tried a Paleo style diet last year after a couple of friends had super success with it. I lost about 25 lbs. before falling off the wagon and going back to my bad habits---fast food, sugary snacks, etc. The stress of school hasn't helped, but health issues are forcing me to make a change in my life. I've started Induction on Atkins this week. I've already received some very good info on the Induction Babies board on how to alleviate some of the "Induction Flu" symptoms. I've only had a little experience with message board when I had a severe case of Bell's Palsy 7 years ago. The advice and I support I received was amazing. I've decided to reach out again with my weight-loss/lifestyle change project. I look forward to hearing and sharing success stories in the weeks and months ahead!
indigocrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 04:19 PM   #128
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: UnderCoverAbs
Howdy everyone! I'm brand new to this whole thing (day 2 or 3, am I supposed to keep count? haha) I'm shooting for a low-carb lifestyle, mainly for health reasons. I am not "overweight" by definition, but I am "over-fat" by definition. I am 26yo, 5'7" tall, 125lbs, female, and 31% bf. I look small, but I can tell by my looks and how squishy I am that I am carrying excess bf. My goal is to lower my bf% to 16-18%.
I am stoked to have found this place, everyone seems so friendly and non-judgmental!
UnderCoverAbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 01:27 PM   #129
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Wanderlustrous
New

Week 3, Day 6, But New to Low Carb Friends

I lost 5 lbs by day 10, but I've stalled since. I am working with a doctor who is on board- in fact, she's an OBGYN who has a weightloss clinic where she promotes low-carb eating. I am desperate after years of trying everything (name it- I've tried it). I gained 60 pounds in just a few months at the end of 2011 and I had enough. I did *********** for 2 and a half months, gained weight, and decided to go low-carb.

She said my stall may be attributed to eating Atkins products and other artificial sweeteners. I suppose I'll have to completely suppress my sweet tooth.

I'm staying on Induction for a while. I've got another 60 or so lbs to lose. It's a daunting thought.

The doctor prescribed thyroid medication and also suggested I change my multivitamin, take vitamin D, take probiotics, and go off birth control in order to evaluate my hormone levels accurately. (I'm 27, and last year I had an estrodiol level of 11, so my then doctor put changed my BC method from Nuvaring to the pill).

Here's to hoping for success!
Wanderlustrous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 06:52 AM   #130
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Aleina
Stats: 224/ 172.9 31 Jan /150
WOE: Epi Paleo
Start Date: 15 Nov 2012 various WOES
Back on the wagon. What a rickety wagon it is,at least 15 years old. Yes that is when I started dieting,then living the way of life ,then living the life of Riley only to back on the wagon. I am Aleina, 47 years old ,weigh 204 pounds and I want to lose about 50.

Over the years I have found out that my major enemy is bread, good bread bad bread ,everything sets me off for overeating. Pasta and rice set me off to a lesser extent.
I carry my weight round the middle, so I am aware of the syndrome X factor.
So back in November I wet back on the Life without bread diet. Reduced to its bare bones the diet says not to eat more than 72 grams a day. It does actually allow you bread after an initial wean off period but I know that for me it does not work. Since November I have lost 20 pounds but now I am struggling.

So here I am !
Aleina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 01:28 PM   #131
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: SavedbyGrace1950
Stats: 295/295/180
WOE: Low Carb 101
Start Date: March 12, 2013
New

I am a type 2 diabetic whose sugar had got out of control. I started researching low carb diets and found Blood Sugar 101 and Diet 101. I have got my sugar down in 2 days with the guidelines. I went from the 200's down to the 160's fasting and under 140 post meals. I am still working on what to eat. I eat smaller portions more often and this seems to be working for me.
I found this sight because it was referenced in the BS101 Book. Working towards a healthier me with controlled BS and hoping to lose weight in the process.
SavedbyGrace1950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 04:37 PM   #132
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: WickedStitch
Stats: 244/210/180
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: Restart March 2013
I was a member in here a L O N G time ago. A lifetime of ups and downs and a whole lot of stress. I have basically 60+ pounds to lose. I will start with the 60 and see how I look and feel by then.

Happy to be back.
WickedStitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 04:52 PM   #133
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: tjsinphx
WOE: Learning LC cooking prediabetic husband/weight los
I'm New to LCF

Hi:
First time here. Have been reading your threads for months. Time to be able to participate.
Thanks for the invite!

Not sure where to start asking questions.....
tjsinphx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 08:01 AM   #134
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: CannedPineapple
Stats: 199/177/130
Start Date: January 2013
Newbie!

Hi All,
I'm Carri and just joined this site today. I am a 44 year old nurse and am trying to lose weight for health reasons. I never had a weight problem until a few years ago after having a total hysterectomy. I have gone from a size 2 to a 12 over 3 years. I am now pre-diabetic, insulin resistant and have fatty liver disease. I used to have energy and be super active-spin class 5 x's wk with alot of strength training. Now I'm zapped of energy and always extremely tired. HOWEVER... since decreasing my carbs I have lost 22 lbs! It's sooo hard for me to do low carb since I used to live on cereal.....I'm a cereal addict and this is what I struggle with most....also I'm a picky eater so I usually end up not eating enough while doing low carb. I am hoping that by joining this community I will learn new ways to maintain a low carb lifestyle and get the support I need. Im not really following a specific diet plan. I have just cut way back on carbs and am trying to eat healthier. I look forward to interacting with you all and learning all I can! THANKS SO MUCH
CannedPineapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 11:07 AM   #135
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: indigocrush
Stats: 186/183/140
Quote:
Originally Posted by CannedPineapple View Post
Hi All,
I'm Carri and just joined this site today. I am a 44 year old nurse and am trying to lose weight for health reasons. I never had a weight problem until a few years ago after having a total hysterectomy. I have gone from a size 2 to a 12 over 3 years. I am now pre-diabetic, insulin resistant and have fatty liver disease. I used to have energy and be super active-spin class 5 x's wk with alot of strength training. Now I'm zapped of energy and always extremely tired. HOWEVER... since decreasing my carbs I have lost 22 lbs!
Hi, CannedPineapple! I'm in similar situation. I'm 45, had a hysterectomy when I was 40 and was diagnosed with fatty liver 2 years ago. I've put on quite a bit of weight since my surgery. I can relate to having low energy--I think that is part of fatty liver. I'm under a doctor's care and lost about 20 lbs. last year when I switched to a low-carb/Paleo type diet. The LC diet really, really helped with my fatty liver--my enzyme #'s went down dramatically. It also helped that I lost weight.

I fell off the wagon in the fall with the start of school, new job, and lots of stress. I've decided to start Atkins this week and am in Day 6 of Induction. The first few days were rough, but things are getting smoothed out. I'm slowly losing some weight--about 4 lbs. so far, which I know is mostly water, but it is an encouraging sign.

I also use keto strips to monitor my ketosis--I make adjustments to my diet if I'm not seeing medium pink or purple. It is a motivator for me to see that strip change color.

LCF is turning out to be a lifesaver for me---lots of good advice, encouragement, and most of all, tips and recipes for making the switch to LC easier. It takes time, but you can wean yourself off cereal and other carby things.

Welcome and I wish you luck and good health!
indigocrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 03:18 PM   #136
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: zoidberg
Hello everyone I am really glad I came across this board. I have been reading up for sometime now and everyone here is very supportive. I look forward to sharing my experiences and contributing to others who are also trying to shake the excess weight.
zoidberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 02:07 AM   #137
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kiwistars
Stats: 205/192.5/150 (6 foot tall)
WOE: atkins 1972
Start Date: 1st march
Hii to any other New Zealanders here.
I am a stay home mum turning 40 this year.

I did Atkins NDR back in '04 and hit my lowest adult weight of 155lb but put it back on when I had 2 or 3 goes to quit smoking.I finally quit and then decided to lose weight.

I had been convinced by other people to do low fat but I just got hungrier and hungrier and made enough bad choices to add another 20lb to my woes.
I finally realised I needed low carb and now after about 2 weeks I am 6lb down despite a party and my hormones
I am now looking forward to breaking 200lb(it should happen while I sleep tonight)and getting back to about 150ish.
kiwistars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 03:13 AM   #138
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Emma4seas
Hallo , just found this forum today !
I'm in the UK , planning a holiday in the Med this summer and am far too wobbly to be seen in public in a swim suit !
I'm weighing in at 12 st 4 lb which I think is 172 lb , and I would like to be 10 st 9 , which is 149 lb .
Starting today ! Wish me luck is there a link somewhere which tells me what all the abbreviations mean clueless .
Emma4seas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 01:41 AM   #139
Administrator

Gallery: cheri
Stats: 150 + pounds lost - 4' 11"
Good luck to everyone that is just starting or is renewing their commitment!
cheri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 04:24 AM   #140
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Shrinkingviolet
Stats: 230/226/140
WOE: Atkins tweaked my way :)
Start Date: Oct 2010, restarting Mar 2013
Hellooo

Hi all, first of all a HUGE thank you for all the bazillions of posts and recipes which have inspired and helped me, I don't know why it's taken me this long to register! My name is Nikki, I'm a 36 year old mother of three and community nurse in Guernsey, Channel Islands. I first went on Atkins in October 2010 and had lost 40lb by December. I managed to keep it off then unfortunately had a rather nasty bout of depression which saw me off work for four months and eating for comfort. This morning I bit the bullet and weighed myself and was dismayed to see I've put every one of those pounds back on, lol! So back into induction I go, this is day two and apart from a headache I'm ok and excited to be back in control again I'm also a pagan with an ancient Egyptian obsession, I crochet, knit, bake, write and play guitar. I'm so pleased to be here!

Lotsa love!
Shrinkingviolet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 05:05 AM   #141
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnderCoverAbs View Post
I am stoked to have found this place, everyone seems so friendly and non-judgmental!
Congrats on wanting to get healthy! I think you hit the nail on the head. It IS super non judgmental. It's one of my most favorite things about this particular board. Other places can be downright rude.
Old 03-19-2013, 05:16 AM   #142
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrinkingviolet View Post
Hi all, first of all a HUGE thank you for all the bazillions of posts and recipes which have inspired and helped me, I don't know why it's taken me this long to register! My name is Nikki, I'm a 36 year old mother of three and community nurse in Guernsey, Channel Islands. I first went on Atkins in October 2010 and had lost 40lb by December. I managed to keep it off then unfortunately had a rather nasty bout of depression which saw me off work for four months and eating for comfort. This morning I bit the bullet and weighed myself and was dismayed to see I've put every one of those pounds back on, lol! So back into induction I go, this is day two and apart from a headache I'm ok and excited to be back in control again I'm also a pagan with an ancient Egyptian obsession, I crochet, knit, bake, write and play guitar. I'm so pleased to be here!

Lotsa love!
Depression can be quite a pain, in more ways than one. At times, even though one know what's wrong and want to change it, but are physically unable to do so. I am glad to hear that you have come out the other end!

We have a few things in common; crochet, knit, tarot etc.

I was a member in here way back when...about 7-8 years ago or so, give or take. Hard to keep track anymore! My kids who were in elementary school at the time are now in college and high school! Where does the time go? I have decided that it's time to put a little focus on me now. It won't be an easy task, but hey, I've got nothing to lose but weight!

Old 03-19-2013, 05:51 AM   #143
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: mommatrish
Hi! New to the board.

Hi all.

Starting my weight loss journey (again) and hoping to find a way to make it stick.

I believe I am insulin resistant, so a low-carb, low-glycemic diet is my goal.

Can't wait to get started!

T.
mommatrish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 06:13 AM   #144
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommatrish View Post
Hi all.

Starting my weight loss journey (again) and hoping to find a way to make it stick.

I believe I am insulin resistant, so a low-carb, low-glycemic diet is my goal.

Can't wait to get started!

T.
Glad that you have made the choice to join and take control. Sometimes it takes more than one time to make it stick.
Old 03-19-2013, 03:20 PM   #145
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: deva1
I am going to give LC a go again. I usually give up after around day 5 due to extreme anxiety and/or irritability. However, the symptoms seem to diminish with every LC attempt.

I really need to get rid of my belly. I am 5'2' and weigh 154.5 lbs. Believe it or not, if I get below 140lbs, I appear gaunt and almost ill. My goal is 140lbs and a 24 inch waist. Currently it is 31and 1/2 inches.

Today was my first day and so far so good. I may need help from members here by the end of the week but hopefully not.
deva1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 03:34 PM   #146
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: maggie123
Hi Everyone! This is my first post on LCF and hopefully won't be my last lol I am going through a divorce and the last year or so my eating has been out of control. I know low carb takes away my cravings and I am hoping to lose 25 pounds before my divorce is final in June!
maggie123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 01:52 AM   #147
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Emma4seas
Hallo Shrinkingviolet ,
I'm the same side of the Atlantic as you , I live in Wales .

I love baking too ( wonders if this is why I need to lose weight ! )

My first go at low carbing , and really missing my bread - and it's only been 2 days ... Oops .

I have 2 teenagers , one doing A levels , the other GCSE so it's going to be a busy summer .

We've also been invited to a Silver Wedding party , my husband was the Best Man , and I don't want to be the Fattie of the party .

Vain ? Me ?

So lots to look forward to .
Emma4seas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 06:19 AM   #148
Administrator

Gallery: Dottie

Please make yourselves at home!
This is a large site, with numerous specific boards, so have a look around

We ask again that you please take a moment and familiarize yourselves with the site rules.
The links below are the "short version"
Terms of Service - Policy Modification
Low Carb Friends - Announcements in Forum : Main Lowcarb Lobby
My post went into moderation. What can I do about it?

Thank you
Dottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 07:43 AM   #149
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emma4seas View Post
Hallo Shrinkingviolet ,
I'm the same side of the Atlantic as you , I live in Wales .

I love baking too ( wonders if this is why I need to lose weight ! )

My first go at low carbing , and really missing my bread - and it's only been 2 days ... Oops .

I have 2 teenagers , one doing A levels , the other GCSE so it's going to be a busy summer .

We've also been invited to a Silver Wedding party , my husband was the Best Man , and I don't want to be the Fattie of the party .

Vain ? Me ?

So lots to look forward to .
Hey neighbour!

I know that feeling, of missing bread and bready things, but hang in there. A week or so into induction I found my cravings diminished and my appetite reduced....a lifetime binger actually forgetting mealtimes!! I would never have believed it, but it's true. When I think of all the money I've spent on books about emotional reasons for overeating and self help books etc....when all I needed to do was dump the carbs good luck, you'll look stunning at the party xx
Old 03-20-2013, 07:45 AM   #150
Senior LCF Member

Oh and I also have a teenager doing a levels and my youngest daughter is 12 in June, no gcse's just yet xx