Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Main Lowcarb Lobby
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-29-2014, 09:38 AM   #1201
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: impill
Hi. I am newbie. Not sure about how to post other than reply to other folks' messages.
help?
impill is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-29-2014, 10:14 AM   #1202
Administrator

Gallery: Dottie
You did just fine, impill
Dottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 03:09 PM   #1203
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: char78613
Stats: 220/203/150
WOE: low carb
Start Date: June 2014
Hi from Texas

Hello everyone,

I just joined and am so glad I found this site. I found it through DJFOODIE's site and although I've been on and off Adkins for years, this time I am determined to stay low carb for the rest of my life. The dr diagnosed me as prediabetic my last checkup and it was a big wakeup call for me. I retired a year ago and just didn't worry about what I was putting in my mouth and it came back to bite me. So, now I have really good reason to stay the course.
char78613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 03:47 PM   #1204
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: rachaelface
Stats: 270/180/130
WOE: NK
Start Date: 2003, took a break, restart 2014
Back on the NK Wagon!

Hey y'all! My name is Rachael, from Huntington Beach, California. More than 10 years ago, I went on Atkins, lost well over 100 lbs, gained a bunch back after a nasty divorce, lost a bunch of weight again, and now I'm back on the wagon again... Haha! I'm at 180, 5'4" and need to get to about 130 to be at the right fat mass for my body type. I am blessed in that I have a BS in nutrition and pre-med and I'm on my way to becoming a naturopath. This really helps me sort out a lot of nonsense with my eating. It's all a journey though, isn't it?!

I came to this group as I have been referencing your wealth of information, anecdotes, encouragement, and community. I thought, "I must be a part of this!"

Other fun facts about me- I'm a visual artist, singer, home-chef (aren't we all on these diets?), wife to the most amazing man ever, kitty-cat-mom of 2, Christ-follower, and avid learner of many new things.

Hope I can be an enriching part of this group!

Lve, Rachael
rachaelface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 05:48 AM   #1205
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: suitebliss
Stats: 350/211/180(mini goal)
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 3/1/2012
Hello -

My name is Lita and I'm getting back on track to watching my carbs. I'd lost 70lbs in 2002, but of course gained it all back because I didn't focus. Today I'm getting back on track to watching my carbs to eventually get me to my goal of 170lbs, so I have approx. 37lbs to loose. I've done it before so I can do it again.
suitebliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 02:07 AM   #1206
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: loulou1
I need help to do this!

Hi this is my first time on a forum of any kind! I need motivation to lose 10lb in 4 weeks! I weigh 10st 10lb and my first goal is 10 stones. I have dieted on and off since my teens (20 odd yrs) tried all diets, exercise regimes etc and worked out I have an unhealthy relationship with food and I'm an emotional eater. Have lost and gained weight but usually put weight back on after a hol or event.

I have been calorie counting using an app for the last 5 months but progress has been slow. (9lb off) prob due to my falling off the wagon during weekend social events then finding it hard to get back on properly for the first half of the week! I exercise -walk every day, started running twice a week and do short tae bo and ten min leg workout to try to tone up. I can feel boredom setting in as I have to force myself to exercise. Feel I'm an expert on what to eat and how to exercise but master of neither!

Decided yesterday to try high protein regime to give me a kick start as it has worked in the past but I found it hard to maintain longer term. I'll give it another go as I feel desperate to shift these pounds! I wud like to avoid full fat cheeses if poss as I wud like to use healthy fats instead.

I cud do with some new exercise suggestions please and motivation to stick with this. My prob areas are legs and upper arms particularly need tricep workout advice? Can I reach this goal in 4 weeks or am I being unrealistic? Please help! Thank you in advance...
loulou1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 07:30 AM   #1207
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: genseon73
Stats: 172/165/135
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: May 7, 2014
Hi!

Hello! My name is Genevieve, but you can call me Gigi. I have been on Atkins since May. My starting weight was 215, I am now at 172. I found out I am hypothyroid, so that was a big part of my weight loss in the beginning cause I really haven't changed my eating habits. I really lived a low carb lifestyle now for 8 years. I gradually kept gaining weight. Had a hysterectomy 3 years ago and put on 50 pounds. I was a personal trainer and nutritional consultant, running my own business for 5 years successfully and couldn't understand why I was gaining. I figured it had to be my thyroid, but the Dr's wouldn't listen to me. The blood work came back normal for years, but I had all the symptoms. They kept telling me it had to be my diet and lack of exercise! REALLY? I was exercising with clients for 8 hours a day, so say I was expending close to 1500 calories a day, A MINIMUM, and eating 800 calories a day, LOW CARB, and taking vitamins. The nutritionist I went to see couldn't understand it. She told me to eat more, I did. I gained 15 pounds in 3 weeks.

I found a Dr. who now prescribes my synthroid and amour thyroid, because I need T3 and T4. I also found out I am carb resistant. I can not eat any kind of carb at all. My body does not process it or I get sick. I have Crohn's as well.
Sorry for the long hello, but this is me......hope to make lots of friends!
genseon73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 09:53 AM   #1208
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: MarthaT34
Stats: 182/178
Start Date: 7/29/2014
Hello everyone my name is Martha this is my first time on atkins I started on 7/29 @ 182. Now down to 178 I'm very excited I'm trying to get down to 130 and I plan on staying on induction for more than two weeks cause I have a lot of weight to lose the exercise part is really the hardest for me but I plan on sticking with it. I wanted to know how do we check when someone replies to the post?
MarthaT34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 01:27 PM   #1209
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: MsLora
Stats: 194.5/187.5/145
Start Date: 8/4/14
Hi Everyone.
I have been a member for a while but haven't posted in a long time. My name is Lora. I am in NC, I am 43 years old, mother to 4 adult children, Grandmother to 1 adorable granddaughter, married, own my own daycare and tired of hating myself. I have PCOS and am gluten intolerant. My goal is to get to a healthy weight, prevent PCOS complications and be happy with myself again.
MsLora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 10:35 AM   #1210
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: timeisallineed
Stats: 205/174/135
WOE: LCHF/IF
Hiya!

My name is Lina and I am currently living in the UK with my OH. I have been on and off all kinds of low carb plans since October 2012. Started with Dukan (which was awful!) and than thankfully moved onto Atkins and from there I explored the vast and beautiful world of all kinds of LC lifestyles.

I'm a slow loser but I managed to shed 40+lbs at one point! Alas I have a very fit and carb loving OH who can sometimes be (unwittingly) a not-so low carb influence. I have since regained 15lbs (damn you my love of baking and things!) but hopped back on the wagon about a month ago and so far I'm 7lbs down (woot!)

I eat primarily LCHF and do IF. I rotate between an 8hr eating windows and a variation of either 5:2 or 4:3 fasts where I aim for 80-90% fat on the fast days. I found that this really kills my cravings and keeps it interesting.

As a person I am an archer, a huge collector of recipes and an avid reader. I have a (huge!?) goal of making significant weight loss progress before March 2015, which is when I'm heading out for an amazing trip to Asia
timeisallineed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 10:52 PM   #1211
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Jdub_612
Stats: 212/210/130
Start Date: August 6, 2014
Hi Everyone!

My name is Jessica. I live on the lovely south side of Minneapolis, MN.

I'm doing a low carb variation I found online called New You in 22. I did it in March of this year but was discouraged by my lack of weight loss so I gave up and gained once i went back to eating carbs. While I was on the program, I wasn't fully committed and would always eat this certain soup at my work because I thought it was low carb. When i went to finally check the nutrition info (weeks later), I found the soup had 30+ carbs per serving....

I work at a seafood restaurant so I have plenty of LC options to eat. I just have to make sure to stay away from the croutons and the biscuits, which my restaurant is famous for! I do enjoy cooking for myself, which I do on my days off.

I'm an artist. My medium is Printmaking and sculpture. I have a studio that I don't spend enough time at. I'm a mommy to my cat, BouBou, who just turned 11 last week.

I've just decided that I've had enough with BEING FAT AND UNHEALTHY. My BMI is considered obese. This time I'm in it to win it. This is a life style change.
Jdub_612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 08:52 AM   #1212
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: DianePi

Hello All,

I'm new to this forum and wish I had found it sooner. Two years ago, I went on the original Atkins diet with my husband, who was diagnosed with Type II diabetes. We were doing great, and I lost 60 pounds. Then I just couldn't take the restricted diet any more, and I quit. I regained 30 pounds and am now trying to lose it again. I am so glad to find so much information, recipes, and product recommendations! I hope this will be the time I finally achieve my goal weight.
DianePi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 01:00 PM   #1213
Administrator

Gallery: cheri
Stats: 150 + pounds lost - 4' 11"
Welcome to all the newbies, or anyone coming back!!! I hope you find all the information and support that you need!! Check out the challenge board because it does help new lowcarbers.. especially because you can post your daily menu, get diet support and it will make it easier to stay on plan during those first few weeks..

cheri
cheri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 10:39 AM   #1214
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: S2KLVR
Lol, that was supposed to say "IT worked".

Anyway, Im on about 6 wks of LCHF, lovin it to say the least. I come from strict vegan to vegetarian to this. I cannot seem to find what works for me but this is a great start. I am not overweight, 5'5" 135 lbs, but could stand to drop about 10 max and firm up. Once I got over the carb withdrawal it as smooth sailing. I still have to get over my aversion to eating meat again, as I have read so much stuff about the evils of eating meat, but most of it is based on how the animals are treated, the ethical reasons for not eating meat. The large feedlots full of cattle with a $$$ in mind disgusts me so I have decided I will only support the cattleman/farmers that keep/raise their animals responsibly and Im good with that. So, I have lost about 4 lbs now and do not feel hungry usually at all in between meals so no snacking has to happen which is good. I would love to get my eyesight back as, now that I am 53, my eyesight is really affected somehow by my past eating habits. I had lasik back in 99 and usually only have to wear readers but even my long distance sight seems strained. I am wondering if, and this is my theory, if I am using fat as energy (nutritional ketosis) and all the toxins in those fat cells are being released when the fat cell is used up, would using some psylium to bind up those toxins help to drag that stuff out? I know on other "detoxs" ive done they say you should take some sort of binder to stick to the toxins or you will feel bad. I usually feel worse as the day goes on so that is my thinking, as the day goes on, the more toxins are released and my eyes seem to be affected. Its just a theory, if anyone has any experience in doing just this please let me know.
S2KLVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 11:23 AM   #1215
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: S2KLVR
Dottie, I LOVE your profile picture with the angel! SO funny! I think mine feels the same way sometimes.
S2KLVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 06:28 PM   #1216
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: julieta2008
Hello to Everyone!!

I am 47 years old and would like to lose 20 lbs.

I m looking for some support and motivation to achieve my health and fitness goals.

I usually get frustrated because in the past it has taken me so long to lose weight.

Does anyone have any suggestions on a weight loss meal plan that I can follow, I seem to always feel hungry and not
a big fan of eggs.

Last edited by julieta2008; 08-09-2014 at 06:30 PM..
julieta2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 06:32 PM   #1217
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: julieta2008
Weight loss Challenge

I would like to lose my 20 lbs by September 30, 2014
julieta2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 07:00 PM   #1218
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2KLVR View Post
Dottie, I LOVE your profile picture with the angel! SO funny! I think mine feels the same way sometimes.
Thank you. I figure she facepalms at me so much she has an indentation in her forehead
Old 08-09-2014, 07:01 PM   #1219
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by julieta2008 View Post
I am 47 years old and would like to lose 20 lbs.

I m looking for some support and motivation to achieve my health and fitness goals.

I usually get frustrated because in the past it has taken me so long to lose weight.

Does anyone have any suggestions on a weight loss meal plan that I can follow, I seem to always feel hungry and not
a big fan of eggs.
If you start a new thread and let everyone know some details, like what plan you're on, that would help get you the best advice
Old 08-10-2014, 01:22 PM   #1220
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Marie Ward
My name is Marie and married for 58 years with Jerry.
I am 83 years old. Am I to old to learn the low carb WOE? I hope not. have 3 kids and bunch of grandkids and some great grandkids too.
I am currently following LC high fat and moderate protein. But admit this is my first day to follow the program

And I love all of your icon so cute

I need to lose 50 lbs.

Last edited by Marie Ward; 08-10-2014 at 01:24 PM.. Reason: forgot my goal.
Marie Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 09:25 PM   #1221
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: bronzedhoney
Stats: 146/117
Start Date: July 2014

Hello Everyone! Just signed up today! I have been low carbing since July 2014. I had a recent weight gain over a period of one year I went from 117lbs to 146lbs and am trying to get back down.
bronzedhoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 08:25 AM   #1222
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: coffeeluver1
Start Date: January 2014
Hello everyone

I am back. I have picked a very stressful time to do this,So I really hope, maybe coming back to this wonderful site,will motivate me. Susan
coffeeluver1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 12:10 PM   #1223
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: snicker
Stats: 219.4/217/137
WOE: Just Low Carbing!
Start Date: August 7, 2014
I'm new!

I started Thursday and everything seems to be going well so far. I have done this before with success but I was much younger. What I remember and still experience with low carb eating is that it curbs my appetite. Eating carbs never seemed satisfying. I really need to stick with this and I'm motivated so I'm pretty sure I will. I hope this can be a way of life after the weight comes off. Already down 2.4lbs so I must be doing something right. Last night I had a craving for some sweets though. I remember that happening once a month. Does anyone have a suggestion on what you eat when this happens? I am trying to stay away from the manufactured foods like the bars and shakes. Thanks!
snicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 08:10 AM   #1224
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: proverbs31want2b
Stats: 184/181/135
WOE: Trim Healthy Mama
Start Date: August 2014
Good morning !

Hi there,
My name is Michele.
I'm reading Trim Healthy Mama, and following the "s" and "e" plans.
I'm hoping to lose 45 lbs.
I have 6 children.
Homeschool/stay at home mom.
Have a great day,
Michele
proverbs31want2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 08:12 AM   #1225
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: flinderella
Stats: <private>
WOE: low carb
Start Date: Jan 2014
Hi, I'm Sinead and I have been following a low-carb way of eating since January this year (after a friend suggested it as he had been really successful on it) and started tracking in March. I went to the gym 7 times a week (but not every day!) and since then I lost about 2 stone and several inches all over...but more importantly to me, my skin was clear, I slept well every night (something which hasn't happened since I was a child), my mood was always stable and I felt like I could deal with *anything*.

I had planned 'breaks' throughout the year (Dark chocolate Easter egg at Easter, birthday cake on my birthday, drinks with my friend at her graduation) and my goal was to feel comfortable in a nice dress at my friend's wedding on July 26th....which I did!! And since then I've been away on holiday with a friend and (deliberately) didn't stick to low carb. I'm back at work now and getting back into my routine and back into low-carb and tracking because the inches are already creeping back on, I feel bloated, I'm not sleeping and my skin is a catastrophe!! Yep - it's been an indulgent 2 weeks!

I joined the forum because I like to see how other people manage their low-carb diet and also I feel 'experienced' enough to be able to offer worthwhile tips and advice.

So....hi!

Last edited by flinderella; 08-13-2014 at 08:24 AM..
flinderella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 04:42 PM   #1226
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ashryan
Stats: 181/163/125
Start Date: August 2014
Hello all! I am Ashley and I have been creeping around all these threads for about 3 weeks. Im on week 2 of Induction but have no idea if Ive lost bc my scale is broken. Have to buy a new one Friday. Anywhooo Hi! oh p.s. I need to loose 55 pounds to get back to my college graduating weight 3 years ago. I put on 55 pounds in 3 years...crazy.

Last edited by ashryan; 08-13-2014 at 04:44 PM..
ashryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 04:31 AM   #1227
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: kellysuec
new member looking for great support system

Hello, my name is Kelly. I am new here and looking for a support system that I can rely on. I have done low carb in the past, I know it works but I have never had the right support so 8 have failed numerous times. I need to lose at least 150 pounds, I hope that I can be a blessing to someone here, and I hope someone is a blessing to me. So glad I found this site.
kellysuec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 06:28 AM   #1228
Administrator

everyone!

If you don't know where to "fit in", please check out the challenges forum:
Low Carb Challenges! - Low Carb Friends

LCF is blessed with so many wonderfully diverse members, plans and goals, there's certainly a place for you

In addition, we have some of the best cooks on the internet sharing their creations to inspire and awe you (lol) :
Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions - Low Carb Friends

Don't want to talk about your diet all the time? Try the Lounge:
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lounge/

Not sure if you can post something?
Terms of Service - Policy Modification
If in doubt, use the contact us link at the bottom of any page, and ask before you post.

Of course there are a lot more forums on here for just about everything

http://www.onlineconversion.com/ <-- cooking and other conversions

Need to contact LCF?
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/contact.html

Everyone has an opinion. Take what you need and leave the rest.

2014 resolution: stop being my own worst enemy and critic!
Old 08-14-2014, 09:11 AM   #1229
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: buggaboo73
Hi everyone (including other 'newbies') I'm Cathy aka Buggaboo. I'm 41, 2 kids, have about 40 or 50 lbs to lose. I've been yo yoing between low carb, weight watchers, low cal and "screw it I'm just going to eat whatever I want" for about 3 years now. I lost 20 lbs on WW at that time and have slowly put 15 of it back on.

My two big health issues are high cholesterol and type 2 diabetes -- both hereditary issues. I have the cholesterol issue already and am hoping to stave off the diabetes. I've read that low carb can be beneficial to both of those issues, but I worry about the cholesterol levels I take in on it, so I have had a hard time sticking to it in the past.

The decision I've come to is that I'm going to give it a solid 2 week try and see how I feel. I'm doing 25 - 50 (but mostly it's been in the 30 - 40 range) a day. I need some support, because every time I google something I need to know, I have to wade through 67 pages of "low carb is the devil" in order to get what I need -- and that does not help my frame of mind.

Anyway, as you can see, I'm a rambler. Thanks for reading.

Last edited by buggaboo73; 08-14-2014 at 09:12 AM..
buggaboo73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 09:02 AM   #1230
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Joyce
Hello Everyone!

I'm an out-of-control diabetic! What a shameful thing to admit when I KNOW my body cannot process excessive numbers of carbs. It wasn't long ago when I was able to lower my A1C to about 5.8. Now I'm back to an A1C of almost 8, plus injecting insulin before every meal and at bedtime all because of no will power. My weight - well, just say I'm too fluffy. Insulin and carbs causes my obesity. So - here I am hoping this forum will inspire me to cut my carbs, lower my weight, and reduce my need for insulin. Some good-tasting, easy receipes using limited carbs is what I'm looking for.

I'm going to be a lurker for awhile in LCF while I re-read my Atkins books and get ready to be sensible about what I eat. How great it is to have access to a forum like this!
Joyce is offline   Reply With Quote