Old 04-29-2014, 08:25 PM   #1051
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: RyeBaby
Stats: 208/194/160
WOE: LCHF
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZEP1959 View Post
hi there i started on the 11th april i am 5ft 4 inches tall with a medium frame
my starting weight was 169 pounds, i weighed this morning and i am 162 pounds so i have only lost 7 pounds, i have done really well with my food intake and my clothes are fitting much better, but i thought i might loose a little bit more in induction, i wonder if any one knows 4 weeks ago i was diagnosed with a medium sized uterine fibroid which i guess must weigh a bit, but i guess i will not be able to loose the bump in my tummy, but will this effect my weight loss hormonaly (sorry about spelling), any advise much appreciated, oh and by the way hello everyone im glad to be here xx
Hi! I had major fibroids for years (I had the parts taken out long ago). I am not a doctor, but the fibroid should not affect your hormones. They do swell up when you have your period, though. Hope this helps.
RyeBaby is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-01-2014, 06:51 AM   #1052
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: sloanranger1957
Hello from the North East of England

Hiya my name is Jo (female) I am 57rrs young and tired of yo you dieting. I have dieted all of my adult life. Weight off, on,off,on. I am currently 40 - 50lbs over weight. I had a knee replacement last September and I am now back to full health. I have dabbled in low carb, but always given up due to not knowing much about it and eating the same stuff over and over. This is the first time I have registered with a site.Hope to find people in a similar situation to myself, who can show me how its done.

Jo
sloanranger1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 07:34 AM   #1053
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Drago
Stats: 336/280/235
Start Date: Jan 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by sloanranger1957 View Post
Hiya my name is Jo (female) I am 57rrs young and tired of yo you dieting. I have dieted all of my adult life. Weight off, on,off,on. I am currently 40 - 50lbs over weight. I had a knee replacement last September and I am now back to full health. I have dabbled in low carb, but always given up due to not knowing much about it and eating the same stuff over and over. This is the first time I have registered with a site.Hope to find people in a similar situation to myself, who can show me how its done.

Jo
Hi Jo, welcome to LCF. You've come to the right place. This is where I came when I first started. I lurked for a while reading the posts and learned much. I've also read several of the latest books dealing with low carb eating. I started my journey January 4th of this year and I've lost 44 lbs. and I feel great. I find that amazing since I've tried to lose on other diets through the years and none have worked. There's definitely something to this way of eating and attitudes are changing. Even those in the medical profession are admitting they may have been wrong all along.

Read and learn. Once your body adjusts to this eating lifestyle, your mind will follow and it will become easier and seem natural. It is changing my life and will yours too. Good luck.
Drago is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 01:22 PM   #1054
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: rachel2writer
Stats: 260/252/175
WOE: Low carb my own way
Start Date: 3/17/14
I'm not new to LCF at all - I joined back in 2005. I lost around 30 pounds on Atkins back then. Long story short, life and health got in the way, and I gained that 30 back plus a dozen more. This time around, I did loads of research to fix some health issues, not focusing as much on losing weight.
I'm more paleo-ish (grain free, legume free, sugar free) and limit fruits and nuts.

Anyhow, I missed LCF - it's the greatest site for support and encouragement!!! So glad to be back!
rachel2writer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 02:41 PM   #1055
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mistermirror
Stats: 213/179/170
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 4/24/2014
Hi! New to the board. Started Atkins a week ago. Dropped some water weight and waiting for the fat to fly off! I enjoy reading on this board and finally took the plunge and joined so I can start to contribute too. I've been very encouraged by the messages, stories, and posts that I've read.

I have low-carbed a couple of times in the past, but never have been able to stick with it. Hoping to really make it a way of life this time.
mistermirror is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 05:52 PM   #1056
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Trotter
WOE: Atkins/Grain Brain
Start Date: March 31, 2014
I am new here but not new to low carb. I did Atkins about 10 years ago and lost almost 90 pounds in nine months. My wife talked me into coming off of it "for the holidays" and we never made it back to starting it back up. That was about 180 pounds ago. We are now five weeks in and I am down 33 pounds and am determined to do this.

As for me, I am 45, soon to be 46. I have been married to my lovely wife for twenty-seven and a half years thus far. We have one daughter who has given us two awesome granddaughters (three and one). I am a big computer and phone geek, and help run a computer help forum.
Trotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 02:54 AM   #1057
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: susieq911
Hi. I am new but want to be active!
susieq911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 08:59 AM   #1058
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Lisaj2791
Stats: 485.2/462.4/250
Start Date: April 27, 2014
Hello from the Peach State

Hello everyone. I'm very new to the world of message boards but I'm going to try to be as active as I can.

I am a 41 year old mother of one very active 3 year old daughter. I have been doing the low carb high fat way of life for the past week. Well, I know it works; I've lost 22 lbs in 7 days. This is like my 3rd time trying to change my eating habits in about 6 months. Each time I'd make it about 3 days, then quit. This time I'm a little more motivated. My entire family will be going to Disney World this Summer and I don't want to a. be so tired I can't keep up, or b. in so much pain from my back that, I can't keep up.

I know this is just a start and I've got to keep at it but I can say right now it's a little hard. I was a cereal-holic and I'm really craving them. I'm also craving everything I usually rarely eat.

I have over 200lbs to go so I'm in it for the long haul. Pray for me
Lisaj2791 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 09:46 AM   #1059
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mistermirror
Stats: 213/179/170
Start Date: 4/24/2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisaj2791 View Post
I was a cereal-holic and I'm really craving them. I'm also craving everything I usually rarely eat.

I have over 200lbs to go so I'm in it for the long haul. Pray for me
Welcome to the board...I also am new, I have found a ton of inspiration and encouragement on this site. I also was/am addicted to cereal, so I feel your pain! Great job on your weight loss so far, that is amazing!
mistermirror is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 12:16 PM   #1060
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Lisaj2791
Stats: 485.2/462.4/250
Start Date: April 27, 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistermirror View Post
Welcome to the board...I also am new, I have found a ton of inspiration and encouragement on this site. I also was/am addicted to cereal, so I feel your pain! Great job on your weight loss so far, that is amazing!
Thanks Mistermirror. I've looked around and found a few posts to make my own cereal so I'm going to try my hand at it. Good luck and see you around.
Lisaj2791 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 03:19 PM   #1061
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: JLo117
Stats: 230/219/130
Start Date: 5/4/2014
Hello all- I just started back on Atkins after a couple of years. I seem to struggle with stress with work and with 2 teenager boys things are constantly hectic. I have spent the last few years working more hours than ever at work and spend the extra money financing my kids sporting activities! Not to mention shuttling then form here to there and back again

So like many other women, wives, moms I have spent very little time on taking care of me. I want to be more active (in activities I want to do!) and healthy. I am a couple of years away from 40 and as time passes it only gets harder.

Looking forward to reading and sharing stories with everyone!

Thanks,
Jen
JLo117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 04:43 PM   #1062
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: MysteryLover
Stats: 156.5/149.6/135.0
Start Date: April 21, 2014
Hi everyone I just discovered Low Carb on a serious level for the 1st time. I did have success twice on the WW Core plan - which was a lower carb plan that they had launched & then got rid of (they probably didn't really want anyone to lose the weight and stop paying fees-LOL). Last year I had to care for my ailing grandmother and the stress and poor diet took a big toll on my body. I gained 30 pounds in ONE year! It's kind of embarrassing because I am a Zumba Fitness instructor. Doesn't look too good having a jiggly belly - haha. Anyway, I'm glad to have finally discovered what a low carb diet/lifestyle is REALLY about at age 43. I started off a little rocky, but feel that I'm finally on track. I'm down 4 pounds and my belly is shrinking first - YAY! This has NEVER happened to me on previous diets. Looking forward to meeting everyone. ~Gina
MysteryLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 02:49 PM   #1063
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: OKMNX
Stats: 279/238.8/135
WOE: I took the Atkins Diet and modified it to suit me!
Start Date: February 3rd, 2014
Hi, Everybody!

First got into Atkins in the 80s. It worked great, the first time around.
And did a pretty good job of working -- as long as I worked IT!
And while I never was quite as light as I would like to be, I had a job that kept me very active and I was somewhat satisfied with where I was at.

But then, about 8 years ago, so many things in my life changed and it was all high stress stuff.

2 of the changes that took place were losing my job and being put on Seroquel (a notorious weight-gaining drug.)
I gained over 70 pounds in the space of a year.
That was so discouraging, I stopped watching my diet as closely as I had been.
(Where was the motivation?)
That resulted in my gaining another 40 or so pounds.

I developed Stage III/IV kidney disease. (I vacillate between the two stages.)
That may be due to the obesity and high blood pressure I got along the way.

At the beginning of this year, I was tested for Diabetes because of 4 risk factors I have -- Seroquel (which can cause Diabetes), family history (mother and brother are both Diabetic), obesity, and high blood pressure.
As of the last testing, I am Pre-Diabetic.

My doctors had been telling me for years to lose weight and I had been trying, at least a good portion of the time.
Trying without success, which was pretty depressing.

My primary care doc told me that she thought if I just lost some weight, my blood sugar would be okay again and told me to go on the DASH diet and try to lose 19 pounds by May 1st. (That was on February 3rd.)
I did.
And gained 5 pounds, the first week.

That was it.

I got mad and decided to stop following any diet the way I was supposed to.

I'm figuring out what works for me and going with that, no matter what.
I'm not counting carbs, but I'm watching them.
After years of lowcarbing, I know which foods are high in them and which foods are low.
Pretty much, I took Atkins and modified it so that it would once again work for me.

And, FINALLY, I started losing weight again, after over 6 years.
By the time May 1st rolled around, I had lost almost 30 pounds.

I keep a food diary and I showed it to all 3 of my doctors, expecting them to disapprove.
But they didn't!
Even though it's not a diet that a doctor would ever 'order' me to follow (it's kind of 'out there', in a couple of ways), apparently it's healthy enough for them to think it's worth staying on, given the results.

My weight loss has slowed a bit, but I'm so happy to be down (34 pounds down, as of this morning) that I'm very motivated to keep it up (or down.)

I'm hoping that being here will help make losing even more 'fun'!
And if I can help anyone else with their journey, that would be even way MORE fun!

Good luck to ALL of us!
OKMNX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 03:56 PM   #1064
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: MysteryLover
Stats: 156.5/149.6/135.0
Start Date: April 21, 2014
Wow- you are down 34 pounds already. Great job OKMNX!!! I hope that you find some relief with your medical issues too. I'm two weeks in now & LOVE it. It's amazing how I no longer crave sweets & I'm not constantly grazing. Best of luck to you and EVERYONE on this journey/lifestyle.

~Gina
MysteryLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 04:33 PM   #1065
Junior LCF Member

WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: April 20, 2014
Hi all! I joined this site a few weeks ago, but am finally getting around to posting. Just figured it's time I introduce myself, instead of just lurking. I started low carbing mid-March, but I didn't stick to it very well, so after Easter weekend, I restarted and have stuck to my guns this go-round! I'm a 26 year-old who has struggled with my weight my entire life. I'm at the point in my life where my boyfriend and I are hoping to get married in the next few years and start a family, and I would love to be my healthiest self and be able to feel GOOD and fully enjoy going through these big stages of my life. I want a long future, want energy to keep up with my kids, and want to keep health problems at bay. I'm very lucky that I don't have any issues so far, since I have been so overweight for so long.

I have quite a bit to lose. I've lost about 18 pounds so far, and am still looking to lose another 100+. I'm excited for this journey! I have dieted on and off so many times for years, but this time just feels different. I'm ready to do this for real, and I'm realizing that wishing the weight away will do nothing. I have to DO something to make it happen. I'm hoping that this forum will help keep me motivated!
Live.Love.LowCarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 10:14 AM   #1066
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LCShan
Stats: Lost 22 lbs... 20 to go.
Start Date: April 16, 2014
I'm Shannon, Newbie

Hi, just started low carbing about a month ago. Not really following a certain plan, but trying to stay around 30 grams. Doing great after the first "hell week"! Now I'm not really missing bread, etc. Looking forward to having a place to chat about this way of eating.
LCShan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 03:32 PM   #1067
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: OKMNX
Stats: 279/238.8/135
WOE: I took the Atkins Diet and modified it to suit me!
Start Date: February 3rd, 2014
Thank you so much, MysteryLover!!!
(Hahaha!!! I DID have a week of stomach flu during that time, which accounts for a fair amount of weight loss!!)

I'm looking forward to the day that I'm where you're at now!!!

Live.Love.LowCarb, good for you!!! I hope all your future plans work out well!!!

Shandean, LOL!!! Congrats on making it through 'hell week'!!! I hope bread cravings continue to stay away from you!!!
OKMNX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 08:30 AM   #1068
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Raven White
Raven White

Hi, I'm Raven... 3rd time around for me on a low carb plan... 8 days in! Hoping to lose quick!
Raven White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 06:01 AM   #1069
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Happy SAHM
Stats: 5'5" 223/194/140 ish or lower
WOE: Atkins 72'
Start Date: May 12, 2014
Hello Everyone!

Just a note to introduce myself. I'm Colleen, recently turned 45, and a happily married Stay at Home Mom to 5 children, ages 7, 6, 5, 3 and 1.

I had wonderful success with Atkins twice in the past..in 2005 and 2009. I am now holding onto too many extra lbs. and would like to again get back to a healthy weight.

In the past, I also had the benefit of working out at a gym regularly with a trainer while low-carbing, however, this time around, I don't have that luxury, so while I expect it will take a bit longer for it to come off, I'm hopeful that with clean eating and moderate exercise, I'll see results.

Congratualtions to all of you who have already seen success and inspire the rest of us!

For those of you with families, I'd like to know what a daily menu looks like for you.

Have a great day!
Happy SAHM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 01:32 PM   #1070
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Brandyc4380
Stats: 169/163/135
Start Date: May 6, 2014
Hey y'all! I'm Brandy, 34 year old, stay at home mother of 3. Ages 8, 10, and 11. Grateful wife to a hard working husband who supplies for our family so I can stay home and run the house! I started the induction phase of the Atkins 5/6/14. This is my first time! I have had a rough few days with fatigue and headaches, but I'm hoping that this will pass soon! I'm also new to forums. Looking forward to information to help me on my journey. P.S. I have 30 lbs to lose!
Brandyc4380 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 03:54 PM   #1071
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: jbeth
Stats: 247/233.6/160
Start Date: April 28th, 2014
Hi everyone, glad I found you!

Hi there. I started doing low carb (mostly Atkins) on 4/28/14. (2.5 weeks ago). My starting weight was 247 lb. Today I was 234.8 lb. I'm 5'9.5, 45 years old. My goal weight is around 160. Maybe less, but I definitely want to see 160. My biggest thing was giving up soda...but haven't had one since I started and I feel that is a big accomplishment for me. Anyway, I have never been on a forum with this kind of format...so I am sure I will have tons of stupid questions. Please bear with me. Thanks!

jbeth
jbeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 07:08 AM   #1072
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Crystal
Introducing myself. I am Crystal and I decided to do lchf on the spur of the moment on May 3rd this year. Yeah I know, sounds funny. I have disordered eating and I was just tired of the damage I know I was doing to my body and lchf seemed a great way to lose the few pounds I want to drop while not doing more damage. The best part is that it is a sustainable and healthy lifetime way of eating. My sister and niece decided to join me in this way of eating as well! My sister has a difficult time losing weight but dropped 11 pounds in a little over a week! So proud of her.

For me though, after the first couple of days, I noticed I had a problem. I was concentrating too much on calories and protein, trying to lower the numbers which would not be healthy (again, disordered eating mindset coming to the forefront) so I switched to Atkins '72. I am actually doing great on it. I am not obsessing on calories, only counting carbs and enjoying so many things that used to be bad trigger foods for me (bacon, hamburgers, full fat ranch dressing, cheese, cream in my coffee, butter).

I may not have many pounds to lose (about 15) but I do want to be healthy and have a healthy relationship with food - that is my goal.

BTW I am 41 and my first grandchild was born last month!
Crystal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 01:35 PM   #1073
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: wants2live
Stats: 294/283.2/190
Start Date: March 2014
Liver Transplant...can't eat eggs or use sweeteners...how can i make it work ?

Hello everyone this is my first time on Low carbs friends. My brother is on here and through his constant pushing i finally grew up and listen to him. He has lost 91 lbs so far and it has inspired me. You see I had a Liver Transplant 2 years ago this March. after my surgery i weighed 190lbs before the surgery I was 289...once my taste buds came back I actually started eating my self to death. everything tasted sooooo Good WOW if i could only explain the feeling. but the downside is i was putting fat all around my new Liver Now i have to get the weight off,so i started on Atkins. But, i have a problem..
one is i CAN'T EAT EGGS... so every single morning i have waffles and sausage. Along with this is i can't stomach sweeteners. I have to eat drink eat drink....to keep that nauseating feeling from the back of my throat. This is causing me to not want to stay on the diet...
wants2live is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 02:54 PM   #1074
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Juniper21
Stats: 203/159/145
Start Date: February 2014
LCHF Newbie

Hi! My name is Kate. I'm a 50 yo, recent LCHF convert! Been struggling with weight issues all my life. Atkins was my first diet in 4th grade and hopefully will be my last! I lost 60lbs with WW to reach the high end of my goal weight(145 lbs) in August of 2012, (never thought I'd achieve that milestone) and kept it off for several months. Then gained 5-7 lbs that I really struggled to lose again.
I made the decision to eliminate sugar in February 2014 with the support of my hubby of 29 years who is also LCHF. I am amazed and thankful to feel full for the first time in a long time.
I'm reaching out for education and support to help me stay motivated and connected to others who also are on their journey as I have watched the numbers on my scale slowly increase (especially after two weekends of travel for work and Mother's Day celebrations). A part of me feels scared that I will continue to gain...today I am drinking more water and tracking my net carbs. Thanks and good to meet you all.
Juniper21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 11:35 PM   #1075
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Jmommy242
Stats: 173/173/130
Hi. I am new to this site but not to low carb diets. In 2007 I lost 45 pounds in about 6 months and managed to keep it off for 5 years. After I had my first child my body was never the same. I was able to lose most of the baby weight. But throughout my marriage there have been many stressful road bumps and I turned to food for comfort. Sugar has been my downfall. Not only have I gained back all of the weight I originally lost but I gained an extra 10 pounds. I have tried to go back to my old low carb lifestyle but it has been so difficult to do. Reading the message boards has helped encourage me. I don't feel so alone knowing that there are other people who have struggled just like I have. I'm hoping this will be a turning point in my life.
Jmommy242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 08:26 AM   #1076
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: aburkegarrison
New Member Needing Support!!

Hi all,
My name is Amanda i am 35 years old and just had my 3rd baby
I had done Atkins many years ago after the first 2 kids and lost around 25 pounds in 7 weeks!! So I know it works but it was very very hard. I am so determined to loose 50 pounds as fast as possible! My thing is 2 teens in the house a hubby constantly eating JUNK food and FAST food which makes things so HARD for me I have failed so many times in the last 2 months BUT I want this so much so HERE I GO AGAIN
Ive started very strictly on Atkins 20 carbs today...praying things go good for me I want to loose 20 by June 21 when we go to the beach!

Any advice, food choices, and help would be soooo appreciated
aburkegarrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 05:55 PM   #1077
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Gadtnd
Stats: 222/220/150
Start Date: May 18, 2014
New member looking for support

Hi, I have followed this forum off and on for a few years but never posted. I've decided it's time to introduce myself Over the years my weight has just continued to creep up and up. I have hit my highest weight ever at 220. I feel awful and I'm ready to get this weight off. I know that my problem is sugar and carbs, when I'm able to break away from them I'm not hungry but as soon as I have a small amount of either I can't stop eating. At one point about 10 years ago i lost 45 pounds by cutting carbs and sugar. Two weeks ago I decided to start again, but I haven't lost any weight yet. I'm very confused why it's not working this time?
Any advice would be appreciated. You can all be so proud of yourself.
Gadtnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 10:13 AM   #1078
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: vcanfield
Stats: 128/127/110
WOE: General low carb 50 grams or less
Start Date: January 2009
Tired of Being Hungry

Hi. I'm on my third day of low carbing lifestyle. I made it through the brain fog and reactive hypoglycemia and I'm thrilled with how controlled my appetite is. I was keeping my weight down with Weight Watchers, but I was always so darned hungry. I'm just doing it my way with high fat, moderate protein and effective carbs under 100 a day. So far I'm averaging about 50 effective carbs a day. I hope I can make this a way of life. I'm tired of being hungry.
vcanfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 07:39 PM   #1079
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: tater-tot
Hello all, this is my first time going Atkins with the support of a forum. I have lost weight following low carb and exercise a few years ago and kept the weight off for 2 years. Then......I found cape cod's salt and vinegar kettle chips. Once you've the had chips you may as well drink a beer too. So thats what happen, I love taters, any tater all taters. But now I'm back in the right mind set and know I can do it. Really started about a week ago, but started cutting things out of my diet in March. I know this WOE works for me , but I did not miss these headaches at all. Happy to be a part of the team.

Last edited by tater-tot; 05-20-2014 at 07:41 PM.. Reason: sp ck
tater-tot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 07:55 PM   #1080
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Budman
Hi. I am a new member and am needing support to stay on the low carb diet. I do well if I keep my carbs low, feel good and my health is good for a 72 yo. Are there any local meetings to attend like Weightwatchers?
Budman is offline   Reply With Quote