LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-14-2014, 11:57 AM   #1021
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Irish_Troy
Stats: Age 47 - 211/157/150
WOE: LCHF / NK / Fat Fast
Start Date: 1.1.2014
New to this site

Hey I'm Troy and I just found this site today but I'm not a newbie to Atkins. I originally used it in 2001 and lost 40 lbs and again several different times since but haven't really been dedicated to it. I'm back on track now, started in December of '13 at 210ish and today I'm 176 so I'm getting where I want to be. I know I look irritated in my avatar but I'm really not ....I've lived all over the U.S. but I was born and raised in New Orleans and that's where I've been since 2012 and damn this is a very difficult place to stay on track with regard to counting carbs but I'm doing okay for now. Well that's about it for now
Irish_Troy is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-14-2014, 07:32 PM   #1022
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: mogirlinnc
Stats: 198.5/171/135?
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: back again - April 2014
Back again!

Hi:

I think this is my third time here. Maybe I'll get a clue and just stick to this!

Long story short, after nearly 10 years of health issues and 2 major surgeries (foot and ankle reconstructions), I was at my all time high of 198 lbs.

I tried getting back on the low carb bandwagon after the last surgery, but I was not mobile, and it was hard telling the people who were helping me, I couldn't eat this or that. I could have pre-planned better, also.

So far, since the beginning of this year, I've lost 26 lbs just cutting portions, but I hit a wall and could not get the scale to budge anymore. I know my body does better low carbing, so today is the day I started back.

Good-by and good riddance to the next 40 lbs. Hello to feeling and looking good!

Best,

Michele
mogirlinnc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 05:42 AM   #1023
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: DownsizingMe
Stats: 213/155.4/155
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: January 1, 2014
Hello!

Hi, I am Kim. This is my second time here. Back in 2006, I lost almost 100 pounds by eating low carb and stayed with it until about two years ago. I had back surgery and became a bit depressed because I just could not do the things I wanted. I ended up gaining some of it back. I decided to get control again at the beginning of the year and have lost 22 pounds or so. Anyway, my story isn't unlike many others. Weight has been an issue for me my entire adult life. It is something I have to really stay on top of. I have been lurking on the boards for a while now and decided it was time to introduce myself!

<a href=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w7z64XY/ target=_blank>
<a href=http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/w7z64XY/weight.png target=_blank>http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...4XY/weight.png</a>
</a>
DownsizingMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 08:10 AM   #1024
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Topmom101
Stats: 165.5/165/140
WOE: LC
Start Date: April 14, 2014
Good morning all, another newbie here. New to this board and to low carb dieting. Started on this new plan yesterday and trying to learn all I can by surfing the net which is how I came by this board. I decided to introduce myself so I can hold myself accountable and hopefully remain motivated to stay on track. My primary goal is to lose 15 pounds in 8 weeks. I have already lost 10 pounds by following a somewhat low calorie diet in conjunction with the WW plan. It's ironic that, collectively, we probably know more than the experts, and yet, here we are struggling to shed excess weight. I am hoping that LC gives me better results and I could use all the help I can get so any and all suggestions are appreciated.

I am soon to be 59 years old (wow that was hard to type) and am currently 165.5 lbs. I am only 5'1" so according to the charts I should probably weight around 120 but I'd be thrilled to be in the 140's. I would love some do's and don'ts to start me off. Thank you all. Wish me luck.
Topmom101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 01:01 PM   #1025
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Lisa44
Stats: 144/134/120 5'2"
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: April 10 2013 restart April 7 2014
Hi everyone, not newbie to Atkins or to this site...been a lurker off and on for a year now but never made any posts. Started Atkins 9 days ago, doing great and feeling really motivated this time around. This site is a big help!! Have a great day everyone
Lisa44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 10:39 AM   #1026
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: jmahoney14
Introducing J. Mahoney

I just wanted to say 'Hello' to everyone. My name is J. Mahoney and I am new here. I have have an interest in finding out about in the paleo diet since I hope to learn as much as I can here and succeed in improving my physical wellbeing.
jmahoney14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 08:33 AM   #1027
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Slush26
Hi all,
I just joined a few days ago.
My history...I did the Atkins diet 10 years ago with great success. I lost over 60 pounds and kept it off for 5 years. Then for some reason my hair started to fall out! It really scared me so I went off the diet. Long story short...I GAINED ALL THE WEIGHT BACK!
Soooo...last year I went back on the Atkins diet. I lost 25 pounds and than not an ounce for over 9 months!!! I'm pushing 60, so it seems harder to lose. I got discouraged and of course gained back the 25.
I started reading about several diets and chose to try the Metabolism Miracle simply because it is a low carb diet that teaches you how to add necessary carbs back to your diet. Something I could never figure out on Atkins.( But I'm sure that's just me!)
I started the diet 2-2-14 and so far have lost 17 pounds. It's too soon to see if I will plateau again..."fingers crossed".
Slush26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 07:22 PM   #1028
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Freem06
I am new here. I was told by my doctor to follow a diet called Protian Power and just don't know where to start. I am a big menu planner so any help on how to plan would be great.
Freem06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 12:11 AM   #1029

Gallery: Maryposa
Stats: 355/181.0/169
WOE: VSG + NK
Start Date: 1997; Recommit May 2007 @355; VSG March 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freem06 View Post
I am new here. I was told by my doctor to follow a diet called Protian Power and just don't know where to start. I am a big menu planner so any help on how to plan would be great.
I would recommend starting with buying the book or borrowing from the library and reading it. Also finding threads here specific to that plan for support.
Maryposa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 08:12 AM   #1030
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: jerseygirl1981
Stats: 406/313/150
WOE: Atkins Induction
Start Date: January 1 2014
Hello there!

Joined in the past week.

Wanted to say hello.

I have a lot to lose.

Been checking out the success stories thread and it's very inspiring.

Thanks.
jerseygirl1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 08:26 PM   #1031
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Cmello
Stats: 326/231/185
Start Date: January 2013
Hello fellow lowcarbers, I finally decided to sign up for this forum. I've been reading this site for over a year now and have found it to be very informative. I tried atkins several times over the years and have lost weight, but I never seemed to stick with it for more than a few months. I actually didn't perform the steps the way the program was laid out. This time I'm more serious about living my life as a low carber. I started on my low carb journey on January 1, 2013 at 326 pounds with a waist of 56 in. I have lose a total of 91 pounds to date. I'm no longer on insulin nor any diabetic medications. My A1C have been around 4 and I'm off all my "statin" meds. Although I haven't reached my GW yet, I seemed to be in a "stall" for the past 4 months. I've tried many suggestions that I have found on this site and others with no results. I will not give up until I find a solution.
Cmello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 04:15 AM   #1032
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kjwalsh
Stats: 205/150/140
WOE: low carb
Start Date: January 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lozzie View Post
Hi there

I finally began to take control again 3 weeks ago, and lost 6 lb over the first two weeks. This past week I gained 4 lb.

I haven't been following a strict Atkins regimen, but have cut a lot of carbs, including all junk, potato, pasta, rice and bread. I have reduced my alcohol content and am drinking 3-4 pts of water daily. When I do eat fruit I am sticking to berries and cantaloupe.

I am also working out 4-5 times per week for approximately 30-45 minutes and working up a real sweat.

What isn't working this time around? Is it because I am now Peri-menopausal and on an estrogen patch, although its the lowest dose possible? (I don't even have any idea if this has anything to do with it...).

Feeling low, teary, angry and frustrated. I had spent time working on a plan of losing between 1-2 weeks per week, with mini goals in between, and a potential end goal of around -60 lbs.

I'm trying to do it the right way, but it is not working. Can anyone offer any advice? Many thanks.

Hi Lozzie, I don't have any answers for you but I feel your frustration. I'm peri-menopausal also and it is very difficult when you are doing everything you can and show a gain. I just wanted to let you know you are not alone. Keep a food diary maybe you'll see what is or isn't working there. Just don't give up on yourself

kjwalsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 04:01 PM   #1033
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: amlundie
Stats: 300/291/160
Start Date: Nov 2006
Hi all I'm Melissa.... I was here a long time ago, lost 65 lbs. Got pregnant (twice my boys are now 5 and 3) and gained it all back! I am now back where I started and losing again! I have lost 9 lbs in the last few weeks that I have been Low Carbing again! Looking forward to this journey!
amlundie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 07:26 PM   #1034
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Ksohkb
My first post and I hope I did it right! :)

Tomorrow is week 5 of doing atkins. 14 lbs down as of last week. i lost 4lbs each week the first 3 and 2lbs. the fourth week. i have been sticking to induction pretty much. My biggest craving was popcorn...movie popcorn...with butter. Friday I had a large to myself, minus the top I spilled. Then straight back. Does anybody else indulge themselves rarely? I'm thinking once a month one treat.

I would also love some friends and open my diary and get ideas and help from others by seeing some others. Thanks!!

Last edited by Ksohkb; 04-22-2014 at 07:28 PM..
Ksohkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 10:13 AM   #1035
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Freem06
Is there a place that will tell you what the different types of Low Carb diets and how they differ to each other one can look at to compare diets ?
Freem06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 12:09 PM   #1036
Administrator

Gallery: Dottie
Freem,
Your best bet would be to google search "compare low carb diets" and see what pops up
Dottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 10:27 AM   #1037
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: licia90
Low Carb semi-newbie

Hi guys
I have been on low carb for a little over a week. I did a trial run of it a few years ago and felt awesome, but just like everything else you lose sight of that. I'm trying to lose 60+ pounds and decided to do it this way. I've had great success so far, however I'm barely getting a calorie intake of 900 daily. I like to run and do exercise videos but since I'm so full it's hard to get in the 1200 calories you're supposed to get in. I'm just curious if any of you are having the same problem or if you guys even reach the correct calorie intake! Thanks!
licia90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 08:49 PM   #1038
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: maximumdensity
Stats: 183/150/130ish
WOE: Atkins/NK
Start Date: Feb/2014
Hi All,
I have been Lcing for a bit know and have had little movement on the scale for like 4 weeks. Yes I have had a few errors but, I got right back on plan. 20-25 carbs is my normal. I am hoping for a big whoosch soon.....

Going to start Callanetics as soon as my DVD's arrive - with support exercise my be tolerable ( yes lazy would be a fair discription ).

So anyhow I wish everyone great success on their WOE!
maximumdensity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 01:56 AM   #1039
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: ZEP1959
hello im new !!!!!!!!! womens stuff.

hi there i started on the 11th april i am 5ft 4 inches tall with a medium frame
my starting weight was 169 pounds, i weighed this morning and i am 162 pounds so i have only lost 7 pounds, i have done really well with my food intake and my clothes are fitting much better, but i thought i might loose a little bit more in induction, i wonder if any one knows 4 weeks ago i was diagnosed with a medium sized uterine fibroid which i guess must weigh a bit, but i guess i will not be able to loose the bump in my tummy, but will this effect my weight loss hormonaly (sorry about spelling), any advise much appreciated, oh and by the way hello everyone im glad to be here xx
ZEP1959 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 02:33 AM   #1040
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: ZEP1959
hello everyone i am new let me introduce myself

hi my name is debbie, i am 52 years old,(old)grrrrrr, i live in the uk near london
in a place called essex, i started this programe on the 12th april, starting weight 77kg which is 169 pounds, today 14 days on i am 73kg 162 pounds so i have lost 7 pounds, i did think i might loose a bit more but hey i am getting back into some of my older clothes yeaaaa, i bought the keto stick and everyday they are very dark pink, so i guess that is good, i do have a problem i have been told i have a medium sized uterine fibroid, dont know if this will effect my weight loss,??????, (hormone wise), anyway i am married with 3 grown up kids and 5 small granchildren, who keep me on the go, i am off on holiday in two weeks for a month away travelling by car across the outback of mainland spain, so plenty of salads, olives, chorizo, cheezes, large plump veges and huge strawberries, yum(i know not to many), so if i can loose another 7 pounds in my last 2 weeks before hols ill be estatic, do you think i should of lost more weight in 2 weeks or does 7 pounds sound ok, i have done really well with my food intake i think, brek-egg, bacon,1/2 tomato,
2 bacon, lunch- chicken salad, din- sirloin, salad, ranch dressing, snacks 1 advantage bar plus jelly 0 sugar cream, this is a typical day does this sound ok, anyway once again hello everyone glad to be here xxxxx
ZEP1959 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 12:57 PM   #1041
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: lrd4699
Stats: 250/209/140
WOE: Atkins/Keto
Start Date: March 2014
Hi everyone!

I have been "lurking" since February! After my yearly checkup, my doctor informed me that if I didn't get my bloodsugar under control I would become diabetic... He then told me to eat "low carb" for 3 months, then come back for another blood test! Well, I found this website and have eating my version of low carb since Feb 12! I have lost some weight, but the big difference is how I feel!!! I don't get hungry and I feel so much better. I have a lot of weight to lose.... and I'm still learning... thank you all for all for sharing your tips and advise!

I look forward to getting to know you!

Renee
lrd4699 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 01:07 PM   #1042
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: lrd4699
Stats: 250/209/140
WOE: Atkins/Keto
Start Date: March 2014
Zep159 - Hi! Your menu sounds about like mine and I lost about the same in the first two week period... I weigh quite a bit more, but I think that's not bad... for me, I need to lose a bit slower and I have to be able to stick to this WOL!
lrd4699 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 11:24 AM   #1043
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Stephie51
Stats: 178/171/169 first goal
WOE: LOW CARB MY WAY UNER 20
Start Date: April 2014
Hi my name is Stephanie and I am 51 and LC is the only way for me I have finally decided I have to do this for life. I am a carb addict and cant eat them without overeating. sooo
this is it for me and I am excited. the scale moved down again for me today yay 1.5 lbs.
Stephie51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 04:16 AM   #1044
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: PACarolsue
Good Morning. My name is Carol. I have done low carb off and on most of my adult life and I keep coming back to it because it is the only healthy food plan for me. I have type 2 diabetes so ditching the carbs is imperative now. I hope to learn a lot from other posters and offering my support here and there.
PACarolsue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 11:31 AM   #1045
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: cheese lover
Hi Newbie to Atkins

Hi everyone, so excited to have found this site. I have been doing a low carb plan for a little over a year. I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes in February 2013. It really scared me so I went to a diabetic education class and begin eating low carb. I lost 50 lbs. in a 6 month period. I went from my first visit of an A1C of 9 to my last visit in February of this year to an A1C of 5.5. My concern is that I have put back on about 7 lbs. and still have about 30 to lose so I am looking for a more structured plan than what I was doing. From the posts on here it looks like I might have found that plan. I have never followed the Atkins plan before. Are there plans on this site that have a weekly menu for induction? Thanks so much for your help and allowing me to join your group.
cheese lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 06:27 PM   #1046
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: LadyLA1950
2nd day on LC - 1st day EFGT

I am glad I found this forum. There is so much information here. Yesterday I just ate LC but very little. I hardly slept all night I was so hungry. Late yesterday I discovered the EFGT and decided that is the way for me. So today that is the plan I have followed. I haven't been hungry all day. I have been having very swollen ankles in the afternoons getting worse until I go to bed. Today I have no swelling. That is in itself if amazing.
LadyLA1950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 08:08 PM   #1047
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: robinks
Hi my name is Robin, I want to lose 32 lbs, I am on my third day. The first day I felt weird, now I feel full and am eating anyway, not a lot but eating....hoping to be successful at this.
robinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 09:29 AM   #1048
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Misstcotta
Stats: 172/161/135 5'6"
Start Date: April 24, 2014
Good morning :-),

I lost 55 pounds nine year ago following a 20-25 carb diet and did a pretty good job keeping it off. As with most of us life happened and I gained a few here and there. I am ready to get those extra pounds off. I am looking forward to wearing all of the clothes in my closet, reduce my aches and pains and start running again. Most of all just loving myself in the mirror again and living my life to its fullest.

I look forward to supporting each other and learning some new tricks.

Tara
Misstcotta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 08:59 PM   #1049
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: RyeBaby
Hi Everyone,

I am so happy to find this group today. I'm not new to LC'ing, but I'm starting again. I was happy to not-diet for the last "however many" years, but, through my stepdaughter, who has celiac disease, I have learned about wheat and I read Wheat Belly. It really knocked some sense into me.

The last time around, I did South Beach, and along the way I caved in to the prevailing "wisdom" that "all that meat and fat just can't be good for you." Besides, I get hypoglycemic and feel awful when I cut the carbs. This time I am "stepping into it." At first we (DH and I) quit wheat and all wheat/gluten products, and then I decided to take it further. We still ate some rice and baked sweet potatoes (plain!) once or twice a week, but each week we remove another carb product from our diet. We are down to one microwave popcorn envelope. I probably won't eat it, but for the next few days it's there if I want it. This may be unconventional, but that's what I'm doing.

I will be 65 in a few months (don't feel it), a few months older than my mother was when she died of her second heart attack. She was a large woman also, and she was a vegetarian. I am the youngest (hence the moniker "RyeBaby") of three girls, all big. Okay, obese. There, I said it.

I read some of your posts about what made you want to lose weight and it touched my heart.

I am pretty active for my age, I walk, play golf, dance, and I'm healthy, but I am sick of being the fattest woman in the room. I hate seeing myself in the mirror. I figure I have 20-25 years left and I want them to be good ones!

Thanks for reading.
Ry

I

Last edited by RyeBaby; 04-29-2014 at 09:03 PM.. Reason: I wasn't done!
RyeBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 09:25 PM   #1050
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: RyeBaby
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZEP1959 View Post
hi there i started on the 11th april i am 5ft 4 inches tall with a medium frame
my starting weight was 169 pounds, i weighed this morning and i am 162 pounds so i have only lost 7 pounds, i have done really well with my food intake and my clothes are fitting much better, but i thought i might loose a little bit more in induction, i wonder if any one knows 4 weeks ago i was diagnosed with a medium sized uterine fibroid which i guess must weigh a bit, but i guess i will not be able to loose the bump in my tummy, but will this effect my weight loss hormonaly (sorry about spelling), any advise much appreciated, oh and by the way hello everyone im glad to be here xx
Hi! I had major fibroids for years (I had the parts taken out long ago). I am not a doctor, but the fibroid should not affect your hormones. They do swell up when you have your period, though. Hope this helps.
RyeBaby is offline   Reply With Quote