Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Main Lowcarb Lobby
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2014, 06:56 AM   #991
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: ceb65
Hi Everyone, I have been reading everyone's advice/ story's for years. I am more of a reader, than a poster, but thought I would finally join in! I have been rockin the low-carb scene with Dr. A since the 70's, And have always been able to maintain a fairly healthy weight, until now in my late 40's. I am now through research and trial and error starting to lose weight again, my way. I am learning a lot as to what works and what doesn't and I am down 6.5 pounds in 14 days.

That is more than I lost in 2 months of induction (72 version), and 1.5 hours of exercise (3-4 days/wk). I am still doing low-carb I am just doing it differently. After I have completed my month in 2 weeks I will share my results and all the things I have learned. My goal is 50 pounds in 7 months, so wish me luck! As I wish all of you luck getting to your goal!

I think that Dr. Atkins had some of the answers, but not all of them. Some of us are simply going to have to find our own path to get to the finish line.
ceb65 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-01-2014, 11:39 AM   #992
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MsKitty
It's April Fool's, but we're serious not cereal!

Hi Everyone!

I only found this place yesterday, and only because I was looking for recipes!
April Fool's seems like an odd day to start a relationship, but I'm a rebellious sort, so I'd like to challenge that stigma a bit.

In 1999, after struggling with obesity all my life, I decided to make a change.
I am a 5'5" tall female who weighed 250 pounds, and I was deeply concerned that my quality of life would continue to deteriorate.
I began walking on a treadmill, reducing my calorie intake and incorporating Nestle Sweet Success drinks into the mix. After 6 months, I had lost 100 pounds and was ready to change up my exercise routine. As I progressed in my weight loss, I also began to trade off adding Genisoy bars into the mix and began inline skating. I was fanatically skating 8 hours each weekend, but had great difficulty working any exercise into the weekday schedule...
It never occurred to me to seek out a website or boards and discuss my weight loss, meal or exercise plans. I'm sort of a rugged individualist that way I guess.
After 9 months, I reduced my weight down to 135 pounds, but could never get to my goal weight. After seeing my body, I really didn't want to lose the additional weight. I was a size 4, but my frame is so big that I was bordering on looking slightly too thin.
I did three very different job changes, and in 2007 at age 38, I had my first child. After being a person who could take or leave eating meat, I found it to be a staple since it was one of the only things I "craved" and could keep down. I did not suffer gestational diabetes, but the pregnancy was not "fun" in any way. I've had great difficulty struggling with various illnesses as well as bilateral carpal tunnel ever since. During a brief period, my husband and I did a low carb diet which helped us both tremendously with extra weight and energy issues. I never did lose all the baby weight, and am back to the weight I was in 1999.
Last year we moved to a different state, and it has made all the difference in the world in my health. Last week, my husband and I decided we were ready to settle in for the long haul, lose weight and get serious about our health again.
I found Nestle sold their Sweet Success line to NutraSystem, but wasn't sure I wanted to go that route anyway. It worked, but we really need something we can live with, and now with a 7 year old; the excessively fanatical calorie and fat restriction and crazy exercise is not only not realistic, it isn't a set of habits I want to promote to our child. I now stay at home, but my husband travels. We share everything and are committed to this life change together, so after some hunting, we decided on using EAS AdvantEdge Carb Control drinks as our go-to drinks. He can find them easily in various locations, and they are handy enough for him to use while he works in a different state. He can also get handy packets of heat-and-eat meats and veggie snacks to keep in the hotel fridge for the week and take his lunch to sites, but the drinks will be really helpful to supplement since he isn't a guy who likes eating breakfast. Me? I can eat the same thing, every meal, every day - for a very very long time before ever caring about making a change of any kind. If I have to "think" too much about it, I am less likely to make anything special for myself. It isn't that I don't like "me," it's just that while I do love the way food tastes, I just don't care that much about any single meal when I'm eating alone - so spending an excessive amount of time or energy just seems irrelevant to me.
We only bought KetoStix things last weekend, and I checked yesterday and I am in ketosis. I can feel a difference in my body already, so I know I've lost weight, but we not only have not done measurements, but we have no scale yet! LOL
Really and sincerely, we both just want to feel better, though I am sure we will get a scale and do measurements at some point to help gauge our progress. It probably makes a bunch of people cringe hearing all of this, but while I'm not so worried about accountability, I thought I'd stick out there how weird our life is, what we're doing to make some kind of change for the better, and how we're going about it.
Generally speaking, my husband and I have a really great partnership and we make everything we involve ourselves in "work," so I have little doubt we will have any great difficulties making this work, too!

Anyway, I see there are a bunch of really great people here. So much has changed in the Atkins world. So many new and different choices and thoughts!
I've already read a ton of stuff as well as the struggles some you have had/are having. While I might not interact much with you all, you are all very insprirational and I thought you might like to know that fact!
I'd also like to other n00bies and tell you: This looks like a wonderful site which seems to be full of really great folks who are willing to share their knowledge and help collaborate/brainstorm with you on how to tackle your goals and struggles. In all, this is a tremendously valuable place!

Netrition looks great, and I'll be on here this weekend with my husband looking for stuff to order so we can help support this great site. On that note, many thanks to the Netrition folks for having LowCarbFriends.com.
Thank you ALL!

Stats? Ummm, I'll get back to you on that! Our official "start" date was Monday, 3/24/2014.
WOE? LC for now though my interest has been piqued by all the talk about JUDDD.

Sincerely,

MsKitty
MsKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 12:20 PM   #993
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Ms. Vicci
Hi, I'm in Southern Indiana. I have done low carb before and it did well but didn't stick with it. Now I'm doing it right and staying with it. Lost about 5lbs in the past 2 weeks and it's good. Not enough. This week I'm doing super low carb. 20 or less net and first 2 days 10 or less. Lost 3.6 lbs in 2 days. Feel great and making food and menus for the rest of the week. Plan to bulk up carbs on Sat. to keep the metabolism going. I welcome all input on my plan or general chit chat.
Ms. Vicci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 12:30 PM   #994
Administrator

Gallery: Dottie
WOE: 1400 cals/70g carbs/85% Primal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dottie View Post
Please read:

If you've been here before and cannot remember your account name or password, please do not create a new account.
Contact the site and let us know what your email or account name was, and we can help you reactivate it.
Members may only have one account, so if you create a new one, you may "kick out" to us as a problem and find your account locked until we see it and deal with it.
If you've already created a new account, please let us know ASAP so we can either merge or disable one of them to prevent possible account locks later on.
The contact us link can be found at the bottom of any page
Dottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 12:31 PM   #995
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dottie View Post

This is a large site, so take some time to look around
Main Lowcarb Lobby - Low Carb Friends
For general dieting questions
Weight Loss Plans - Low Carb Friends
For a variety of different plans - check for a sub-forum for the plan you're on
LCF has a HUGE recipe forum, member driven by some wonderfully creative cooks
Lowcarb Recipe Help & Suggestions - Low Carb Friends
Question about supplements?
Vitamins and Supplements - Low Carb Friends
Need a little non-diet fun?
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lounge/
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/game-room/
Not quite sure where or what? Join a Challenge with like-minded members
Low Carb Challenges! - Low Carb Friends
Want to document your journey?
Weight Loss Journals - Low Carb Friends
And many more
Any time you have a question, please don't hesitate to contact the site:
LowCarbFriends.com Contact Form

Oh and please, do take a moment and read the "announcements" and other "stickies" pertaining to site rules
Old 04-03-2014, 06:25 AM   #996
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Fayes3
Stats: 227/208/135
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: March 2014
I am doing well on the low carb! I have lost 7 lbs and feeling I can continue to go all the way! It is not as bad as it seems to leave Bread and sweets out of my diet... We have gone through two birthdays at work this month so far and the temptation has not even crossed my mine! I am satisfied to have an egg for breakfast and a carb bar for AM snack! Before you know it , it is lunch time and ready for my salad... So far so good
Fayes3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 09:52 AM   #997
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Bigmama
Stats: 309/287/?
WOE: Atkins/paleo
Start Date: March 2014
Hi. I'm Leslie but my friends and family call me Bigmama. I'm in induction and I'm trying to learn everything. I'm actually in ketosis which I'm very excited about. A month ago I was diagnosed with Secondary Addison's and I'm taking mega steroids. The doc told me that I had to do low carb so here I am. I really want to lose this weight. But even if I do I will always be called Bigmama. It's a term of endearment. I hope to meet some of you soon. I'm reading The New Atkins Made Easy right now and I'm on Pinterest like crazy lol! It's a good thing I'm a housewife!
Bigmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 02:58 PM   #998
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Trinity
Stats: 178/171
WOE: Very Low Carb
Start Date: March 15, 2014
Newbie Here: Hello Everyone!

Hi, I'm Trinity and I am glad to be a part of this community, as I have been browsing your pages for a while now.

I began low-carbing three weeks ago and I've lost seven pounds. I am a 46 year old female, 5'6" and currently 171 pounds. I am mom to two teenagers in college, both still living at home (ages 17 and 19), and I have been with my husband for 14 years. Oh, and we have a lab mix and a chihuahua.

My first goal is to get under 170 (hopefully by the end of next week!)
My 2nd goal is to get back to my newly-wed weight of 150
Ultimate goal: 140

I am very close to my first goal. Back in October I weighed myself and experienced severe shock. I thought the scale was broken! LOL! I was 171 pounds. I went to the doctor and everything checked out fine. I tried dieting but it made me crazy so I gave up. I wound up gaining more weight! I got up to 178 pounds.

After three weeks of stress-free eating (I swear, this diet is so easy and painless!) I am back to 171, and still in ketosis. So, the scale is going in the right direction!

Thanks for having me here, and I look forward to meeting all of you.
Trinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 06:40 PM   #999
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: BBJFLA
Hello

Hello. My name is Bill. Glad to be here. My wife and I have been low carbing for about two months now. I am down 30 lbs. She is down over 20. We're really liking this lifestyle, and I am surprised and ecstatic that there is so many ways to make the low carb lifestyle easy for us. It's a lot different than when I was on the Atkins plan back in the late 90s.

We went out to dinner for the first time tonight, and it was fantastic. I think the best part was that we ate like royalty, but we didn't feel like we needed to be carted out because we were so full. I'm craving sweets like crazy, but we've been experimenting with several different low carb recipes that kick that craving to the curb.

So, we're learning and living a new life without sugar, wheat and other foods that tend to derail our efforts. Just wanted to say hello and hope to learn a lot and contribute when I can.

About me: I am 43. Had shoulder surgery in 2012 and gained about 50 lbs. I was at a lifetime high of 226. I am now at 196, and my goal is to lose 30 more pounds or so. I am not really concerned with how fast the weight will come off because it's not a diet anymore, it's the way we live.

I have an awesome wife (who will probably sign up soon), a 23 year old step daughter who is on this ride with us while she's living here (she's also awesome), three very sweet adopted pit bull mixes (my babies), four cats and a bearded dragon named York. It's a zoo!

Thanks for letting me share your board, and all the best to everyone,

Bill

Last edited by BBJFLA; 04-04-2014 at 06:42 PM..
BBJFLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 07:21 PM   #1000
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Trinity
Stats: 178/171
WOE: Very Low Carb
Hi Bill, I thought I'd write to congratulate you and your wife on your success! I had bi-lateral total hip joint replacement last summer and I gained about 20 pounds. Surgeries really make a difference in the weight department, huh? So I know what that's like. I used to be an avid, very fit, hiker and sailor. I am not back to that quite yet, but I am getting back on track with getting my weight in control. I haven't had any cravings, but I am curious if you or your wife ever experience a stall when you consume diet sweeteners. I drank a whole diet coke and it stalled me for a day. I must be overly sensitive. I also experienced a stall with drinking cognac. I thought it was okay since it had very few carbs and I was within my limit for the day.

My son was at 365 last summer, but he is now at 227. He has a ways to go, but he is using an app on his phone. He also showed me some kind of bracelet that he wants called the Jawbone that tracks fitness.
Trinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 10:38 PM   #1001
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: BBJFLA
@ Trinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
Hi Bill, I thought I'd write to congratulate you and your wife on your success! I had bi-lateral total hip joint replacement last summer and I gained about 20 pounds. Surgeries really make a difference in the weight department, huh? So I know what that's like. I used to be an avid, very fit, hiker and sailor. I am not back to that quite yet, but I am getting back on track with getting my weight in control. I haven't had any cravings, but I am curious if you or your wife ever experience a stall when you consume diet sweeteners. I drank a whole diet coke and it stalled me for a day. I must be overly sensitive. I also experienced a stall with drinking cognac. I thought it was okay since it had very few carbs and I was within my limit for the day.

My son was at 365 last summer, but he is now at 227. He has a ways to go, but he is using an app on his phone. He also showed me some kind of bracelet that he wants called the Jawbone that tracks fitness.
Thank you! We're really sticking to it and enjoying it. It's so much easier to stick to the changes when your partner is there for mutual motivation. On the diet soda not really that I have noticed. But, and this is really bad, I drink about 3 two liters of diet Coke every day. My last addiction. So, I could possibly be a lot further along without the Aspartame. Everyone says (to me) that if you quit drinking diet coke, you'll just drop 20-30 pounds by making that change alone. I'm just not ready that. So in spite of this terrible habit, I have 30lbs gone. My wife drinks one glass of Diet Pepsi a day, and on occasion has a vodka and diet 7UP. But she also drinks a ton of water, so I don't think it is affecting her, but I could be dead wrong about that. I just don't know. If I ever get the motivation and courage to lay off the diet soda, it would be interesting to see if that's true. Everything I read says it hinders weight loss. And those articles and such also say it doesn't take much. So, maybe you're not sensitive, and that's just what happens. I just know I am not ready to give that up yet. Alcohol was hard enough to give up.

Wow. That is some serious surgery you had. It's great that you're getting back in the saddle and on the way to the things you love to do. And your son. That's an impressive achievement. My friend keeps trying to get me to try out an online tracker, and when he gets back from vacation, I think I am going to give it a go with his help. I haven't seen the jawbone bracelets, but I did have one of their bluetooth ear pieces. They make good equipment, and I am glad it's working for him. Then the surgery kinda made that drift away. I had to buy all new fat clothes that are starting to fall off of me now. FINALLY!
BBJFLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 10:32 AM   #1002
Administrator

Please read:

Please take the time to read the links below about the site rules:

Information about Tools, Tracking Apps, and Similar Sites

Terms of Service - Policy Modification
Old 04-05-2014, 01:35 PM   #1003
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: romperoo
Hi all!

I am so happy I found this website! It has so many great ideas.

I have had SO many health issues for the last three years, including three injuries and two foot surgeries that kept me in a boot for 20 months. Exercise was impossible (even swimming and water aerobics were out due to the Achilles replacement). Just a few months ago, I finally was able to wear a tennis shoe again. It's been a long, long recovery.

I'm also going through the run-your-kids-all-over-God's-green-earth phase in life. Every day of the week is spent shuttling kids around and twice a week I drive 120 miles in a four hour time slot to get the two kids to and from their activities. Between work, kids, taking care of my aging parents and taking care of my home, there's been little time for me.

I am starting Atkins on Monday and I am having this really uplifting feeling about starting. I have been low carb for the last few years eating Paleo, but these last few months I have been completely off-track. I spent all day Friday prepping mini quiches, frying up and freezing things I can take to work or cook or eat on the fly.

It's nice to feel in control again. With everything going on and me being at the mercy of others so often, it is a good feeling. Maybe that's why I'm so positive about it.

I'm not sure how much I want to lose at this point. I'd like to lose 60# to start, but if I lost #70 it would be amazing. I just don't think with my aging metabolism it will happen.

Happy to be a part of the community and best wishes to all!
romperoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 01:43 PM   #1004
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: jazills
Stats: 241.8/241.8/145 - 5'2"
WOE: VLC/NK
Start Date: July, 7 2014
Welcome!!!! You will find lots and lots of support here! This is the best place for information as well and if you feel at a low at anytime anyone here can help you! More than likely they've been through or are going through the same thing you are! see you around!
jazills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 12:36 PM   #1005
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Aizirtap
Stats: 174, now 155...
WOE: Atkins, currently Induction
Start Date: April, 8th, 2014
New and joined your group!

Well, here I am, just joined minutes ago, willing to set goals and reach them.
With one of my hobbies being baking bread, I guess I have to start concentrating more on the other ones now.
Besides the goal of losing weight, I am currently student, always having my nose in a book. Passing this course with good marks is another of my goals.
Thanks for having me!
Pat
Aizirtap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 01:56 PM   #1006
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: philmck
Stats: 450/399.3/225
WOE: Atkins '72
Start Date: March 17, 2014
I've been a member of the atkins site since 2005, that's when I lost close to 200 lbs. going from 480 lbs in July of 2005 down to 280 lbs in April of 2006. I've regained quite a bit over the last five years and I'm rededicated to getting it off and keeping it off for good this time. I'm using the original Dr. Atkins Diet Revolution induction rules this time around and I've already come a long way, I started on March 17, 2014 weighing in at 450 lbs. I'm currently at 399.3 lbs, with a target weight of 220. If I get back to 280 I'll be happy, I've got a big frame at 6'3" and carry the weight well, but I would really like to get to 220 if I don't start looking sickly at the lower weight. I'm extremely motivated, upbeat, positive, and looking forward to fitting in my old clothes once again!
philmck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 04:18 PM   #1007
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: a.cloud.kate
Stats: 230/214/130
Start Date: 4/6/2014
At the beginning of 2014, my weight was 230 pounds. I'll turn 30 late in the year and I don't want to be this weight starting my next decade. That may sound like a silly motivation but that was it. I started with a moderate diet - low cal, moderate carb/fat/protein. I made some progress and then binged and gained some weight back. Then started again. I've been yo-yo-ing but averaging downward through the beginning of the year. Watching my food tracking though, it's obvious when I binge - the carbs. Sometimes I don't seem to have an off switch and some foods really make it so that I want more and more and more. Rice. Bread. Pasta. Mashed Potatoes. Sweets are, oddly enough, less of an issue.

About 5 years back, I weighed 190 pounds to start and lost 30 on Atkins '72. No cravings really. I fell off the wagon and didn't return and the weight crept back on but that's not a fault of the diet. It's that I stopped eating that way and let the carbs rule me.

Now, I'm coming back to Atkins. My goal is to get down to the same weight I was when I started my second decade, 130 pounds. I would love to hit that before my next birthday but that may not be realistic. My boyfriend and daughter are not joining me in this so I'll need to still prepare carb-based side dishes and resist them. I'm hoping to find the support here online that I won't get at home.
a.cloud.kate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 10:10 AM   #1008
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Metal1991

Hi everyone!
I just signed up and I am excited to get to know each of you and make new friends.
Metal1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 01:16 PM   #1009
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: glidergirl
Northwest Florida kinda newby hoping for new friends!

Hi, I'm new to this forum, however have tried low carb before. The first time in the 70's with my mom, Atkins, of course. I used it off and on for years. Then tried the South Beach when it first came out.

After years of illness and injuries, including ruptured disks, torn meniscus in both knees, fibromyalgia, a lupus blood disorder, which caused a pulmonary embolism, and most recently more knee injuries, I'm over my "normal" overweight weight, and really sedentary.

The less I can exercise, the more I weigh. The more I weigh, the more I hurt. And the more I hurt, the less I excersise!

So, I'm starting here, to try to get out of this cycle!
glidergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 04:57 PM   #1010
Administrator

Gallery: cheri
Stats: 150 + pounds lost - 4' 11"
I am so sorry you are having those issues glidergirl!! I feel your pain!! I have Osteoarthritis in both my knees and a torn meniscus in my left knee.. Plus plantar fasciitis in my right heel. It is hard to get some exercise but you can so things that do not have a ton of impact on your joints.
cheri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 05:37 PM   #1011
Senior LCF Member

Thanks Cheri! What do you do?
Old 04-08-2014, 08:52 PM   #1012
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: DebbieRN
Stats: 186
WOE: Ketogenic
Just getting started

Hi,

My name is Deb and I am a nurse in Atlanta GA. My daughter recommended ketogenic diet to me to help with my insulin resistance (she is an MD). I am very excited being 3 1/2 weeks in and 11 lbs lighter. I am hopeful that I can get some good recipes to keep this diet fresh and learn some new ideas regarding this diet.
DebbieRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 10:28 AM   #1013
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: CoffeeMom
Stats: 203/191.4/135
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: May 2014
Hi from a newbie

Hi! Well I'm new to the group but unfortunately not new to the weight loss struggle. I am on Day #1 of Atkins Induction and am determined to meet my weight loss goals this year.
Ironically I am a wellness counselor/coach, teaching particularly women how to take better care of themselves mind, body & spirit to better care for those they love. I haven't however taken my own advice or implemented my own routines and healthy habits...until now.
I definitely feel better without carbs but I also very easily fall victim to the poison of carbs and sugars.
I look forward to making connections, friendships and learning a lot from all of you
CoffeeMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 11:14 AM   #1014
Administrator

Gallery: cheri
Stats: 150 + pounds lost - 4' 11"
Quote:
Originally Posted by glidergirl View Post
Thanks Cheri! What do you do?
Water aerobics is great for the joints and you can get a good work out.. I also walk my dog on my good days.. I just make sure I don't over do it and walk slowly. There are some days my knee starts hurting but I will ice it and take some aleve which does help. I also have an elliptical which is not so bad for your knees since you don't have that hard impact from walking.. so if you have one of those or go to a gym that would help.. If you do belong to a gym, they usually will have a trainer that can do a program for you based on your disabilities.. and it is usually free. That has been a great help in the past.

I used to live to eat... now I eat to live!
Don't be a victim of Dieters remorse.. Don't cheat.. stay on plan!
cheri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 01:30 PM   #1015
Senior LCF Member

Awesome! Thank you!
And Welcome All other newbies!
Old 04-10-2014, 12:43 PM   #1016
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Arthurk
Hello everyone,My name is Arthur and it's my first post. I am going to tackle this new lifestyle head on. I am 48 and currently weigh 285 and the weight has started to cause me a lot of depression.I need to lose 125 pounds! I used to be very active, walked 6 miles a day, and played the drums for a living. I moved back to where my parents live to take care of them and started packing on the pounds. My knees hurt and I find buying clothes the worst experience ever. Anyway, I bought a stout bike and with it, some walking, and diving into low carb, I am going to turn things around. Wish me luck
Arthurk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 05:11 PM   #1017
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: lcfamily14
Stats: 267/260/175
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 2/10/14
Hi. I don't believe I have ever introduced myself. My name is Jamie. My family and I began a low carb way of life the beginning of this year. I have been scouring the internet for recipes to keep this way of life tasty , especially for my kiddos. My kiddos have done wonderful and I am so excited for them. I have struggled with my weight pretty much all of my life and as I have gotten older it gets so hard to lose. So I want to try to nip this early on for my kids in hope that they don't have to struggle.
lcfamily14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 07:57 AM   #1018
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: CrashMyParty
Stats: HW275/CW269/GW199
Start Date: 04-13-2014
I am really going to try to make this short.

My name is Noelle, I am 28 years old, I live in the Netherlands, I study International Business (Strategic Management specialization), I am currently writing my Bachelor thesis about employee behavior, interning at a mystery shopping company AND I have a job as an editorial translator at a plus-size high-end fashion company. Busy, busy, busy times! Traveling, country music, reading and writing are big passions of mine.

This is my third time back on the board. I first started doing Low Carb in 2011. I started 258 lbs and lost about 30 lbs. I then lost my groove and fell back into bad habits, getting back to 275+ lbs. At the end of 2012 I started eating healthy and balanced and working out - I ended up losing about 35 lbs of which I have gained 30 lbs back in the past year or so. Not so great.

I am struggling to not gain the last 5 lbs back, let alone lose weight. I need to do something drastic, which to me is LC. I plan on starting Atkins induction on Sunday (tomorrow I am having dinner at my in-laws) and do that religiously for 2 weeks (except for Easter Sunday because I am having dinner at my mom's and it is always a problem eating out at family's when doing LC).

After the induction phase I want to slowly start introducing back some fruits. Not a lot, trying to stay under 50g a day so that it is sustainable for me.

My goal is to eventually get under 200 lbs. As for exercise, I have made a commitment to do a second round of Insanity (finished a round last year and have been struggling to get back in shape).

Back in 2011 this message board was a big support system for me in my journey and I hope for the same the third time around!
CrashMyParty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 01:53 PM   #1019
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: teachesci
Start Date: 4/7/14
Just started Atkins on Tuesday and have lost 4.5 pounds as of Friday morning. Unbelievable.

I actually lost 40 lbs a few years ago on Dukan, but then I met this cute boy, and you know how it is...anyway, 2 years later and now I need to lose it again before our wedding! I'm frustrated that I'm back at Square One, but totally confident that I can get this done. I'm not doing Dukan this time because that was pretty brutal and it would be even more so living with Mr. Doughnuts For Breakfast. I think Atkins will be just the ticket.

I joined here to get some good advice and to help keep up my motivation. I hope I can do the same for others.
teachesci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 06:44 AM   #1020
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: mirihawk
Stats: 265/258/150
WOE: Paleo-ish Cavewoman
Start Date: April 2014
Eating for Health

Hi I registered here a long time ago, but now I'm really here. I have been on and off low carb diets for years and have never been able to stick to it. Now I am pre-diabetic and need to make this work for the long haul. Not interested in quick weight loss - but in permanent life style change.

Thanks in advance for all the great things I am sure I will find on this forum to help me!

-Miri
mirihawk is offline   Reply With Quote