Old 03-24-2014, 09:57 AM   #961
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: justme_sara
Stats: 210/186/150
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: March 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleB. View Post
Hi guys. I'm Michelle, 37, mommy of 3 gorgeous boys. I have been overweight forever and have done every diet from WW to Stillman. I have had great success doing low carb in the past so I'm trying it again. Over the last year I have put on some weight. I discovered my husband's infidelity last march and we are divorcing. The stress and anxiety are killing me...and making me fat. Anyways, that's me.
Michelle, my heart goes out to you for your loss and hurt. I went through the same "process" years ago & gained TONS of weight because of it. Good for you with getting back on LC & taking control! Enjoy your beautiful boys & use these boards for strength and encouragement - you are NOT alone in anything. BEST WISHES & YOU CAN DO IT!
justme_sara is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-24-2014, 03:56 PM   #962
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: MichelleB.
Stats: 280/190/175
Start Date: nov 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by justme_sara View Post
Michelle, my heart goes out to you for your loss and hurt. I went through the same "process" years ago & gained TONS of weight because of it. Good for you with getting back on LC & taking control! Enjoy your beautiful boys & use these boards for strength and encouragement - you are NOT alone in anything. BEST WISHES & YOU CAN DO IT!
Why can't my stress manifest itself with a lack of appetite?? Lol. Thank you so much for the warm welcome, Sara.
MichelleB. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 06:17 AM   #963
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Fayes3
Stats: 227/208/135
Hello,

This message is for Just _Sara... Thanks for the encouragement you have given me! Sunday was my Birthday and my family honored my wishes by not bringing a B'day cake! Instead, they brought flowers and balloons! It was Great! Monday at work, there was cake... But, I was Strong and politely told everyone to join in and eat cake... I would have a piece later... When I took the left over cake home, I went straight to my neighbors and offered them the cake for their kids! They were happy and I was so proud of myself for keeping me strong on my conviction to get healthy! Each day I gain renewed strenght! Thanks again for all support here!
Fayes3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 06:17 AM   #964
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: FreeFromFat
Stats: 241/228.8/150
WOE: <30 Carbs/day
Start Date: December 2013
Finally Saying Hi

Hello, I am finally saying "hi" here. I am Theresa, 48, overweight for many years, tried a million times to lose...

You all know the rest, because as I read these intros, we all have the same story just about. We try and we try and we try, and we succeed to some extent; but then something happens...I am no different.

I know that I feel well on LC; I know that if I stick with it, it works. My issue is staying with it LONG term...but here I am, making another attempt to be "free from fat (me)", not fat from food, now that I think about my title, lol.

Looking forward to getting know some of you here, to laugh with you, cry with you, do a happy dance with you!

FreeFromFat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 07:02 AM   #965
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fayes3 View Post
Hello,

This message is for Just _Sara... Thanks for the encouragement you have given me! Sunday was my Birthday and my family honored my wishes by not bringing a B'day cake! Instead, they brought flowers and balloons! It was Great! Monday at work, there was cake... But, I was Strong and politely told everyone to join in and eat cake... I would have a piece later... When I took the left over cake home, I went straight to my neighbors and offered them the cake for their kids! They were happy and I was so proud of myself for keeping me strong on my conviction to get healthy! Each day I gain renewed strenght! Thanks again for all support here!
GREAT JOB on deflecting the birthday cake!! I had a similar experience but with mexican chips and salsa, I just kept thinking - ok that's an extra lb. gained instead of lost and had a couple of spoon fulls of just the salsa. My birthday is this coming Tuesday (yes, I'm an april fools baby!) and I have told everyone NO SWEETS - so I hope they are as considerate as your family!

Keep up the good work - YOU CAN DO IT!
Old 03-25-2014, 10:49 AM   #966
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: lhutch47
New to the site.

Hi everyone! I just starting out with the low carb way of eating. I would like to lose 75lbs and hope to find help and encouragement here. It's great to see all the success stories, but also the ones who may backslide but yet come back and don't give up.

I'm trying to do Atkins induction but I'm afraid of eating too much. I must admit that I'm a crunchy, salty snack lover. I have pork rinds but not sure if I should be eating them on the induction plan, can someone tell me their opinion?
lhutch47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 01:00 PM   #967
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhutch47 View Post
Hi everyone! I just starting out with the low carb way of eating. I would like to lose 75lbs and hope to find help and encouragement here. It's great to see all the success stories, but also the ones who may backslide but yet come back and don't give up.

I'm trying to do Atkins induction but I'm afraid of eating too much. I must admit that I'm a crunchy, salty snack lover. I have pork rinds but not sure if I should be eating them on the induction plan, can someone tell me their opinion?
Welcome!! I'm a newbie to this way of eating also. I'm down about 10 lbs in a little over a week and I've actually found that I'm not as hungry as I used to be. A few snack things I've found that works for me (from one salty snack lover to another..) -
1. UNFLAVORED pork rinds or cracklins, the flavored ones have sugar in the seasoning
2. Pepperoni Crisps (just discovered these) - bake sliced pepperoni slices (full fat NOT low fat) until crispy, eat them like chips
3. Cheese Crisps - on parchment paper, mound 1 Tbsp shredded cheese - bake until melted and crispy on ends. Eat like chips

You can't really "over eat" with protein and fat, seriously! I thought this was crazy too, but it's worked with me so far -

Also, eat your veggies (if you like them) - basically all you can eat with salad & salad veggies.

I found some great answers when I googled "Atkins Induction Foods" it'll give you a great starting list..

YOU CAN DO IT! These boards have been a great help to this newbie - keep posting and asking questions.
Old 03-25-2014, 01:15 PM   #968
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Janey1970
Thanxs for the welcome!

My name is Jane and I have been on and off diets since I can remember!
I am currently back on the Atkins on my second week! I live in Rome, Italy and its hard to find the ingredients to substitute things like flour etc!
I really enjoy low carb eating and am so happy to have found this site!
Thank you!
Janey1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 04:48 PM   #969
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Jesika1208
Stats: 228/222/130
WOE: Atikins
Start Date: March 17, 2014
Hello Everyone!

My name is Jesi and I am 21. I did my first run with Atkins in 2008 while in high school. The lowest I got was 152 and then I gave in and stopped dieting. On March 17 I started back up, weighing in at 228. As of today I weigh 222 pounds, after only being on the diet a week. I am super excited to lose this horrid weight and fit into a bathing suit this summer! I'm glad to have found this site, as I enjoy reading other's stories. Here's to losing those pesky pounds!
Jesika1208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 02:41 PM   #970
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: FindingCaro
Stats: 247/239/155
WOE: NK
Start Date: 17 March 2014
Hello all!
My name is Caroline and I am 42. I am mama to 5 beautiful children between 21 and 2 years old. I have decided March 17th that it is time to take care of myself again.
I was 125 lbs before having my first child and I now need to lose at least 85 lbs.
I have lost 7 lbs so far with a LCHF diet. I have tried Atkins before and lost 30lbs. This time motivation is way better and I hope I can learn from all of you and help others.
Funny thing is I found this site when I was woke up with leg cramps and I was looking for answers as to how to manage them. This is where I found the answer so thank you low carb friends!
FindingCaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 03:23 PM   #971
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: stephanielvn
Stats: 151.4
WOE: Atkins/South Beach
New Here

Hey everyone,
I like most others have battled with weight. I have done low carb in high school and did really well. I love carbs and that seems to be my biggest problem. I hope this works.
I am 32 a mother of a 5 year old boy and in school to become an RN. When I am stressed I eat and drink too much.
Looking for support and encouragement!
stephanielvn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 02:55 AM   #972
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: udjamini
hi Everyone, I am new too. I live in Germany and this is my first time with a low carb diet. I am excited! I have two little children who love doing sports and going for bike rides. I had a rough year last year so this year is the YEAR OF ME! Getting fit, getting outside with my kids, eating healthy. I cannot wait.

Because i like to do a lot of sports, I have started the cyclical ketogenic diet, but its not friday yet, so until it is, i guess I am just plain old keto. I have lots of questions but i need to spend some time browsing around to figure out where to ask them...
udjamini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 04:49 AM   #973
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kjwalsh
Stats: 205/150/140
WOE: low carb
Start Date: January 2013

Wishing you all well on your weight loss journeys!
kjwalsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 10:50 AM   #974
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Arachide
Hello . :)

I've spent quite some time lurking, and now am adding my name to the list of new people.
I'm on day 3 of induction and following DANDR.
Looking forward to interacting with everyone a little more.
Arachide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 05:11 AM   #975
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Just Jo
Stats: 265/120/130 BMI=20.6
WOE: Atkins '72 & IF: Daily kcals <1400 & <12 carbs
Start Date: Repeat Offender: May '13 = 265 & 5 July '13 = 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by lhutch47 View Post

Ihutch47

Pork rinds aren't the problem - for me it's the salt content - makes me retain water like crazy. So I've restricted mine to less than 2 oz a day. But they are indeed allowed in Induction at least A'72 version.

Wishing you much success in your new WOE journey!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
“Success is not Final. Failure is not Fatal.
It’s the Courage to Continue that Counts.” Winston Churchill

“This WOE is not a diet,
It’s my salvation, my key to being
Healthy, happy and thinner!”
Just Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 05:21 AM   #976
Major LCF Poster!

Just wanted to step in and say to Everybody!

My story is the same as many of you. I've lost the weight countless times over the years and put it back on (Been there -- Done that -- have the T-shirts in size XL - 3XL to prove it).

There are many wonderful people who are experts by experience on this site -- they inspire me every day.

That being said, I wish all of us much success in our LC WOE journey!!

“This WOE is not a diet,
Old 03-28-2014, 09:37 AM   #977
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: luvkoala5373
Stats: current: 184.8-goal:35# or more
WOE: Just following a low carb diet
Start Date: April 2014 {again}
Thanks justme sara - I printed the atkins induction acceptable food list - and I like you pepperoni and cheese ideas!!! I did great on Atkins last year - then the holidays did me in (from Halloween on) - tried to get back on board this year - just not doing it right - we're going to FL in 3 weeks -i'd like to lose some of this before we go - my bf doesn't care for the LC stuff -so it makes it a bit more difficult when he wants potatoes, fries, bread, etc - but Ive GOT to keep reading here for the motivation to keep at it - I gained back 15 of the 25 lost - soooo, here I go again -thanks to all for the support that I'm going to REALLY NEED!!!
luvkoala5373 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 10:21 AM   #978
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvkoala5373 View Post
Thanks justme sara - I printed the atkins induction acceptable food list - and I like you pepperoni and cheese ideas!!! I did great on Atkins last year - then the holidays did me in (from Halloween on) - tried to get back on board this year - just not doing it right - we're going to FL in 3 weeks -i'd like to lose some of this before we go - my bf doesn't care for the LC stuff -so it makes it a bit more difficult when he wants potatoes, fries, bread, etc - but Ive GOT to keep reading here for the motivation to keep at it - I gained back 15 of the 25 lost - soooo, here I go again -thanks to all for the support that I'm going to REALLY NEED!!!
I'm in the same boat with my Husband and the carb foods. It REALLY is a mind over matter thing with me. If I make him mashed potatoes, I make me mashed cauliflower. If he has french fries, I make Green Bean or avocado fries. I also keep a picture of myself @ my goal weight (before baby) with me just about everywhere I go.. in my purse, taped in my car, taped to my bathroom mirror, and the biggest help - taped to my refrigerator! I LOVE this WOE because we still get to eat great food, just specific ones. So every time I'm making him something carbalicious, I can look at the picture & enjoy my avocado fries even more knowing that I WILL get there.

Keep it up, YOU CAN DO IT!
Old 03-28-2014, 01:32 PM   #979
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: luvkoala5373
Stats: current: 184.8-goal:35# or more
WOE: Just following a low carb diet
Start Date: April 2014 {again}
Thanks! I needed that encouragement!
luvkoala5373 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 05:33 PM   #980
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: cryba
Start Date: Feb 2, 2014
first time here

Hi to all,

I'm a newbie on this forum, but not on Atkins. Been at it for about 2 months now with not much success, but staying at it. I have only 10 lbs to lose, maybe that's why I'm not losing? Been faithful, not going over 25 carbs..............and only 15-20 for the last week or so.

Question: All the pork rinds I've seen have either a trace of sugar or flour, but they say zero carbs??

Can we eat them or not?

thanks for letting me be here! cindy
cryba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 07:14 PM   #981
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: EdisonE
Stats: 185/178/160
WOE: Atkins -- induction
Moving the Numbers Downward

A few weeks ago, after struggling to run 3 miles, I decided to step onto the scale and do something to improve my expanding waistline.
To provide some background, a year ago, and earlier, I was able to easily run 6 to 10 miles at a sub-10 minute pace. Then, my life started to unravel with work issues, family relationship problems, and my mom's illnesses and eventual demise.
I was drinking too much beer, eating too much bread, taking in far too many sugar calories.
Something had to be done, to restore me to the speedy, healthy, focused person I was.
On March 10, I started my campaign to lose 25 pounds.
I am delighted to be part of this forum.
EdisonE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 07:57 PM   #982
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: TrinaBeena
Stats: 215/200/140
WOE: Atkins all the way, baby!
Hey, everyone, this is not my first time around but I am desperate to stop gaining. I lost 70+ pounds on Atkins years ago and find myself after more pregnancies needing to lose again. Wishing I'd stuck with it! I lost my dad suddenly 8 months ago and have been eating like crazy since then. I seriously know better and I'm starting to do better- NOW.
TrinaBeena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 12:24 AM   #983
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: 85Cardinals
Hi, I'm new here. I was kinda fat in high school but just a little, 20-30 pounds or so. From ages 16 to 17 I made myself into a skinny person with a little effort. Not that much effort tbh. And I put no conscious effort into staying thin, ate what I wanted.

I stayed skinny most of my adult life. I'm 5 11 and I was usually around 150 most of the time. Then in the mid 00's (my mid 40s) I started putting on weight. Coincidentally, I was drinking a lot of beer and my marriage was going bad during this time.

Divorced in 2007. Kept gaining weight. Come 2014 I'm 261.

I'd heard of Atkins and low carb stuff and it had always interested me, the high concept. I decided around the end of Feb. to make an effort. I stumbled around while I was learning and lost about 10 lbs. in the first few weeks. Then, armed with some knowledge from Dr. Stephen Finney's Youtube videos and from this site, I started a ketogenic diet in earnest, less than 20 carbs a day guaranteed. It's been about a week of that and I'm at 244.2.

This site is a valuable resource. It's helped me. I appreciate how you support each other. I hope to be a positive addition to this forum and to continue to lose weight by staying in nutritional ketosis.

Last edited by 85Cardinals; 03-30-2014 at 12:26 AM..
85Cardinals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 04:21 AM   #984
Major LCF Poster!

to the LC WOE Party cryba, EdisonE, TrinaBeena & 85C!
Glad you could join us. This is a terrific site with awesome people who have experienced this WOE for many successful years -- I'm learning something new every time I come in!

Wishing all of us much SUCCESS in our LC WOE journey!

“This WOE is not a diet,
Old 03-30-2014, 12:47 PM   #985
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kauaimom
Newbie and ready for a challenge!

Hi!

I am a kinda newbie. I have so much to learn so thought I would set up a challenge and dive right in! It is called, "Newbie Challenge...April, 2014." I hope lots of newbies will join AND others also. I made a list of volunteer positions for the challenge...we need seasoned low carbers, those on maintenance, etc.

I have been eating low carb for about three years, but never really knew what I was doing. I love this site and learn so much from other people.

Kauaimom
kauaimom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 01:12 AM   #986
MZM
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: MZM
hi everyone
im new to this forum, although i have been reading stuff here for quite some time now. well, im a stay at home housewife, who decided to finally join the LC community...had a couple of false starts, and finally started properly somewhere in mid feb. have been on atkins induction for the past 5 weeks now (6th week started this sunday0. i lost 10 pounds in the first 2weeks, and just as i was glorying in that great feeling, my weight loss just stopped. the scale simply refuses to budge. i read that a true stall means no change in inches OR pounds...im stuck between 69&70 kgs (was 74). my clothes feel looser, but ...come on!! its the 4th week now!
i decided to go on a fat fast, started yesterday, and STILL no change am really discouraged, and staying on track is getting harder every day

my stats are:
ht: 5'3"
was : 74 kgs
am: 69.5 kgs
goal wt: 58 kgs MINIMUM

TRYING to follow original atkins 72 induction, and plan on staying in extended induction till i am atleast 60kgs...which seems really far away right now

HELP, please, im panicking here!
MZM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 05:45 AM   #987
Administrator

Gallery: cheri
Stats: 150 + pounds lost - 4' 11"
Quote:
Originally Posted by MZM View Post
hi everyone
im new to this forum, although i have been reading stuff here for quite some time now. well, im a stay at home housewife, who decided to finally join the LC community...had a couple of false starts, and finally started properly somewhere in mid feb. have been on atkins induction for the past 5 weeks now (6th week started this sunday0. i lost 10 pounds in the first 2weeks, and just as i was glorying in that great feeling, my weight loss just stopped. the scale simply refuses to budge. i read that a true stall means no change in inches OR pounds...im stuck between 69&70 kgs (was 74). my clothes feel looser, but ...come on!! its the 4th week now!
i decided to go on a fat fast, started yesterday, and STILL no change am really discouraged, and staying on track is getting harder every day

my stats are:
ht: 5'3"
was : 74 kgs
am: 69.5 kgs
goal wt: 58 kgs MINIMUM

TRYING to follow original atkins 72 induction, and plan on staying in extended induction till i am atleast 60kgs...which seems really far away right now

HELP, please, im panicking here!
Hi MZM!!

Welcome to the site!! I know you will do great here!! Make sure you are measuring as well.. Sometimes you may appear to be stalling but you are actually losing inches.. which are better anyway because they show!!! If you have any questions please let us know as everyone here is so helpful!! You can do it!!

cheri
cheri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 11:04 AM   #988
mag
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: mag
NEWBIE TO THE FORUM - NOT TO LOW CARBING

Let me start by saying a few years ago started low carbing and went from a size 12 to a size 4! I have crept back to a size 10 and decided 3 weeks ago to start again. This time with no diet pills or Dr vitamin B shots.
Week 1 : loss 7 lbs
Week 2 : loss 2 lbs
Week 3 : gained 1/2 lb
I can say although weight loss has not been the 1 lb per day which is my usual with this diet, I can already feel inches lost and am able to fit into jeans that i could hardly zip up 4 weeks ago!

I decided this week to remove cheese and increase my water intake to jump another hurdle.

My normal day and I religiously follow induction phase for at least 4-5 weeks and then start adding low carb veggies and cheese.
Bkfst : 2 eggs fried in butter, 3 strips of bacon on my foreman grill
Lunch : piece of bacon wrapped chicken breast on my foreman grill
Dinner : 6 oz steak on my foreman grill

Any suggestions or comments would be appreciated!

Last edited by mag; 03-31-2014 at 11:07 AM.. Reason: addition
mag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 03:49 PM   #989
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: miss robyn
Hello everyone! Just wanted to introduce myself, since I'm brand new here - I just started my first-ever low carb diet, and I'm hopeful but a little nervous! I would like to lose a few pounds, but my main reason for starting the diet is that I've been feeling tired, gross, and miserable lately, and I can't help but wonder if my poor eating habits are to blame. Anyway, I'm very glad that I found this forum, as I have a feeling that I will need a lot of support to stick with this!
miss robyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 03:59 PM   #990
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: time4me
Stats: 204/200/120
Hi all. I have been reading this site for quite awhile and finally decided to join. I have been successful kn low carb befor (the 70's) but was single and only answered to myself. I now have a husband and 5 children and 7 grandkids that don't/won't support the low carb lifestyle!
I love them all dearlt, but I have gained back all plus and am miserable! Any and all sugestions will be appreciated!
time4me is offline   Reply With Quote