LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2014, 06:12 PM   #931
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: MissAmanda
Stats: 160/157/135
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: March 2013
New Here

Hello all. I'm Amanda and I'm from Texas. I'm 35 years old and am trying to do the atkins diet. I am at 160 pounds but want to get down to 135 atleast. Hope to find lots of information on how to do it correctly.
MissAmanda is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-08-2014, 07:25 AM   #932
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: GettingToGoal
Stats: 330/330/170
WOE: THM / Low Carb
Start Date: October 2014
Just stopping by to wish all of the newbies a warm welcome and best of luck in their weight loss journey!

Stephanie
GettingToGoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 06:27 PM   #933
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Batguy21784
Greetings_Looking for some Inspiration

Hi, all

My name is Wayne. I'm 45 years old, a father of four, and happily married. I'm a teacher and an author of 14 fantasy and/or adventure novels. I'm also about 80lbs overweight.

I've done the diet yo yo for about 15 straight years. Here are the diets I've tried and failed to do:
-Weight Watchers
-Jenny Craig
-Body for Life
-Atkins
-Intermittent Fast
-The Every Other Day Diet
And now, Carb Nite Solution.

For the past ten years I've basically recognized the need to lose weight. Every New Years brought weight loss resolutions, attempts, and fails, ultimately leading to spring and summer feeling sad and frustrated because, though only 45, my quality of life is almost geriatric. This year was going to be different (just like all the other years).

After reading the book "Why We Get Fat," I was more convinced than ever that I could never lose the weight via "Calories in, Calories out." My body is just a Carb to Fat transforming machine. So, here I am, realizing there MUST be other folks who have been here, done that, and maybe, just maybe someone knows something that will help me.

I wonder a lot of things like: 1) can I drink diet soda? Or, is it too "sweet" and tricks my body into insulin release anyway? 2) is it really okay to eat lots of bacon and cheese? If not, what's the cut off? 3) is there really any hope that I can lose 80lbs via low carb...or anything at all?

Sorry to verbally yak on everyone, but this is me. This is real. Nice to meet you.

-Wayne
Batguy21784 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 12:17 PM   #934
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: virgo47
Stats: 154/144/135
WOE: Harcombe/Keto
Start Date: Feb 2010
Lurking on the other side of the pond

Hi all,
I'm virginia,I'm 66,and I live in the UK...though I'm American by birth. I cook for a local homeless charity.
I've been low carbing for three years,having lost 1.5 St(that's 21lbs)on the Harcombe diet. This is a moderate low carb plan that emphasises eating real food...no processed food,no caffeine and no sugar. Another important principle of the diet is to keep fats(anything with faces) separate from carbs so the body can more efficiently use fat for fuel. It's worked well for me...until about six months ago when bad carb creep started to take over...culminating in a huge carby binge over Christmas. Since then I've found it difficult to get back on track...being around cheap food all day does not help. I can sneek whole packs of biscuits(cookies). Very bad as wheat and grains make my joints complain...badly.
I've peeked into this site on occasion,and a few weeks ago found myself reading the meat and egg fast threads with much interest. I then decided to join all you lovely folks...maybe we can share tips...and I can translate for any fellow UKers...lol

Virginia :-)

Last edited by virgo47; 03-09-2014 at 12:18 PM..
virgo47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 04:26 PM   #935
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: badnews
Stats: 140/135/110
Start Date: March 3, 2014
Hi, I'm Carly and I just started induction 3 days ago. I've gained 25 pounds in the last year due to stress, depression and overall poor lifestyle due to said stress and depression. I've made a decision to take back my life and reverse the scale before it gets out of hand.

I'm looking forward to reading posts, learning and gaining wisdom and inspiration from these boards.

Cheers,
Carly
badnews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 01:58 PM   #936
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Ilovecats42
Stats: weigh too much
WOE: Akins
Start Date: 03/14/2014
Hi everyone I am new to this site. I have tried Atkins before and have failed. I am now trying again hopefully with more will power. Sweets is my downfall but I really like to lose 20 pounds or so.
Ilovecats42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 11:54 AM   #937
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: JohnAndHisCat
WOE: General low-carb, bit of a Ketogenic focus
Start Date: February 2014
Hi everyone, new here.

I'm 49 and have gradually gained weight over the decades. For years I was around 145 lbs, then somewhere when I was in my 30's it started creeping up. On occasion I've gone on diets and lost a few pounds here and there, only to gain them back. The latest weigh-gain binge was last spring when I got up to 180, which is just gross for me (I'm 5'7"). I managed to get rid of 10 of those pound largely by switching my nighly cranberry juice to a no-sugar-added variety, but then I got stuck in the low 170's. In the meantime I had been reading about low-carb diets. One reason for that is I have a mild neurological disorder which flares up now and then (have had it since my teens). So I was thinking about doing this anyway. Have had my cat on something approaching the feline equivalent of a primal diet for some 4 years, with good results. I figure if it's good for my cat, it should be good for me too!

After thinking about doing something like this for a while, the "straw that broke the camel's back" was when I was watching the opening ceremonies for the Winter Olympics on February 7th. I saw all these healthy-looking young people parading down the runway and said to myself, "Damn, I really gotta get myself looking like that!" I started that weekend and have kept to it pretty good. I lost the first 5 pounds pretty quickly in the first two weeks, but have gotten a bit "stuck" since then and have only lost an additional pound or two.

Anyway, glad to be here!

Last edited by JohnAndHisCat; 03-16-2014 at 11:56 AM..
JohnAndHisCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 12:00 PM   #938
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: JohnAndHisCat
WOE: General low-carb, bit of a Ketogenic focus
Start Date: February 2014
Glad to see there are others with neurological disorders here. I hope to chat with some of you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diane G View Post
Hi Everybody,

I'm Diane and I have Epilepsy. I don't thrash on the floor when I have seizures, I just suddenly stop talking, stare wide eyed and smack my lips. I have no memory of what happens, and then I'm pretty worn out for the rest of the day. (Nice intro, eh? I just like to keep things matter of fact.)

My Neurologist suggested I start the MAD/Low Carbs. I want to avoid brain surgery, and my friend was telling me about Ketogenics. The weight loss is a Bonus Feature! I was trying to lose anyway. I've been at this for about a month. My initial induction wasn't all that bad.

I'm staying on 5% carbs, 25% protein and 70% fat. I'm glad to find this website, all the others are just about regular "dieting". Low Carb ways of dieting may have lost their popularity over the decades, but I guess the trend is returning. Regardless I think it is helping my brain already. I have lost a couple pounds already.

So here I am! I look forward to hearing from whom it may concern.

Diane G
JohnAndHisCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 01:31 PM   #939
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: MrsBettyDraper
Stats: 198/183/145 5'4"
WOE: Dukan
Start Date: March 15, 2013
Hello everyone,

I’d like to introduce myself. I’m a 42 year old mother of two who is ready to turn her life around. I have been overweight for my entire adult life except for two times when I was able to successfully lose a lot of weight. The first method was using Lindora Lean for Life. WOW. That plan rocked my world. More recently I did Medifast and lost 37 pounds. I can’t imagine using the prepackaged foods again. I want to get back to a plan where I can eat normal food and choose wisely!

I currently weigh 198 pounds. My goal weight is 148 by the end of summer 2014. I have chosen to go back to the Lindora Lean for Life plan, as I am familiar with it and I have all the materials I need.

I am so tired all the time, my joints (knees ) ache when I walk. I carry all of my weight in my middle (a true apple shape). I had gestational diabetes with both pregnancies and am pretty sure I am Type 2 now, but I am too afraid to go back to my endocrinologist.

On a more- shallow note, I am a true lover of clothes and dressing up and I have a closet full of amazing outfits that are size 10. Sadly, I am currently living in leggings and long tunics and doing my best to conceal what I look like underneath.

I’m also so tired most of the time from carrying all of this extra weight around that I have to take naps every day to be able to be able to do all the normal things like grocery shop, clean & run errands.

Thanks for reading.
MrsBettyDraper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 04:23 PM   #940
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Emjay
Testing my ancient profile

Oh man. Testing to see that I can post here. It's been over 5 years and I think I FIRST posted to LCF back in, oh, maybe 2001? Back to what works. Some of us are slow learners.
Emjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 07:51 PM   #941
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: eannebaileynet
Sugar Free 2.5 months and Low Carb 9 months

Hello everyone,
I am Anne. Been on a journey after having pneumonia in 2010-11 - found I had asthma and allergies to trees and weeds and some other things. So also found I had a high C reactive protein (HSCRP). So there was a swelling issue and leg vein involvement - and the doctors just shrugged and said it wasn't severe...yet. I did have a doc who suggested an allergy free diet and sugar was also to be removed. Without a lot of products to support that, it was difficult, but I did take off 40 pounds pretty quickly. I also became interested in Ketogenic/bio-hackers. That attracted me to low-carbing, Maria Emmerich and others.

I do feel that my life has improved greatly, with great reduction of swelling. I am mostly focused on glycation and glycolysis and the affect of these processes on inflammation.

I like Quest bars, ChocoPerfection, Jay Robb's whey powder, egg white powder, and will try some glucomannan powder when my order arrives tomorrow. I am very interested in the recipe for chicken and dumplings using glucomannan, so that will likely be the first thing I try! I have been spreading the word of the sugar-free diet (after Natl Geographics article 08/13 on toxins of sugar). Thanks for all the recipes and support!

Last edited by eannebaileynet; 03-16-2014 at 07:58 PM..
eannebaileynet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 08:57 PM   #942
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Virgy92835
Stats: 340/210/160
Start Date: 3/17/2014
Hi I'm new here ..well sort of ...I use to be on here back in 2004

I came back because I do believe this is the best WOE for me, I had WLS back in 2011 and lost 140 pounds, got down to 200 and then it started creeping back up....I wont let this take control of me again, I love having others to be able to talk to and helps me feel commited and focused! Look forward to meeting New friends on this journey, I also have my fiancé who will be doing this WOE with me and helps to keeps us commited to our goals. Now can anyone tell me what is a (Fat Bomb)?

Last edited by Virgy92835; 03-16-2014 at 09:05 PM..
Virgy92835 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 01:39 PM   #943
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: justme_sara
Stats: 210/186/150
Start Date: March 2014
Newbie, 1st time LC, & Chef

Hey Everyone! I have been a culinary instructor for the last 6 years and had a beautiful little girl almost 2 years ago. I have always been an athlete and "toned" but never skinny/lean. After having my DD and with tasting up to 15 different student meals a day I have gained 60+ lbs and CAN NOT get it off, even with "clean eating" and "healthy meal plans". So I have decided to try the LC lifestyle.

A few things about me: My addictions are Ranch Sunflower Seeds (we're talking a large bag a day..) & Vanilla Dr. Pepper from Sonic. I'm working on the drink thing with water (which I HATE!! have since I was little) but so far it's been going well since I've changed my mindset about it -

Is it ok to still snack on the ranch sunflower seeds? They're not on the induction "worksheet" so I'm guessing not

Any tips/tricks that you all have would be great. We are currently redoing our 1925 Farm House and I do not have a kitchen.. yes, you read that correctly, a Chef without a kitchen.. My "kitchen" currently consists of 2 crockpots/ a microwave/ and a refrigerator - so I'm getting VERY creative with some of my recipes & hope to be sharing them soon - I look forward to getting to know you all!

Thanks for your support
justme_sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 01:42 PM   #944
Senior LCF Member

yay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by badnews View Post
Hi, I'm Carly and I just started induction 3 days ago. I've gained 25 pounds in the last year due to stress, depression and overall poor lifestyle due to said stress and depression. I've made a decision to take back my life and reverse the scale before it gets out of hand.

I'm looking forward to reading posts, learning and gaining wisdom and inspiration from these boards.

Cheers,
Carly
Been there/still there/doing that! Good to know I'm not alone - power in numbers sister!
Old 03-17-2014, 06:41 PM   #945

Gallery: Maryposa
Stats: 355/181.0/169
WOE: VSG + NK
Start Date: 1997; Recommit May 2007 @355; VSG March 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Virgy92835 View Post
I came back because I do believe this is the best WOE for me, I had WLS back in 2011 and lost 140 pounds, got down to 200 and then it started creeping back up....I wont let this take control of me again, I love having others to be able to talk to and helps me feel commited and focused! Look forward to meeting New friends on this journey, I also have my fiancé who will be doing this WOE with me and helps to keeps us commited to our goals. Now can anyone tell me what is a (Fat Bomb)?
Welcome! I had VSG WLS March 17th, 2010 (it's my 4 yr surgiversary today!) and I totally get it... I fight regain like crazy. Also, I have to stay low carb. My regular doctor (not my surgeon) saw me creep up a "mere" 8lb in a few months and gave me a stern lecture. Once someone has been SMO, it's very hard not to go back. "You must be vigilant. Very vigilant" he repeated it like a broken record. Might sound a bit harsh, but he is SO RIGHT.

PS there are a bunch of us WLS veterans who post in the WLS board, you might find good support there. Hope to see you posting!

PSS a fat bomb is a very high fat bite-sized treat to stave off cravings and hunger. If you do a search here, you will find lots of recipes and further information.

10 sizes lost, 1 or 2 to go!
See my weight loss progress on youtube!
my youtube channel for my post-op weight loss surgery (VSG) journey
Maryposa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 10:16 AM   #946
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Sandra2
Stats: 247.2/240.7/185
WOE: Low carb
Hi I have been on this site for a long time but never really took the leap of faith. I am here today because I want to totally commit myself and I really need the support and advice from the many of you that have had such wonderful success. I am starting induction today any advice????????????????????????????
Sandra2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 01:19 PM   #947
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: painted_klown
Stats: 312/298/200
WOE: General Low Carb
Start Date: May 07, 2008 - Re-induced 01-01-14
Hello all. Been gone a long time. I am back and determined!

Hello everyone,

I am not actually "new" here, but I signed up a long time ago and wasn't super active on the site. Over time, my "diet" has come and gone, but I am back now, with a new determination to not let myself down yet again.

For a bit about myself: I am 36 years old and live in Iowa. I have a 3 year old son, that I love with all my heart! I am no longer with is mother, but I do pay my child support and have the usual "dad deal" (as I like to call it) and get him every other weekend, every other holiday, etc..

Last summer I was LC'ing and did quite well. After that, I am not sure what happened, but I essentially went completely off plan for the rest of the year.

For my new years resolution, I decided it was time to do this once again. I got back on plan and have been losing once again. For a while I didn't have a scale, but I finally bought one and was at 312 lbs.

I have now lost a total of 14 lbs and am down to 298 lbs since Jan 1, 2014. Not a lot of loss to be sure, but it seemingly took forever for me to finally break under 300 lbs. It finally happened last Saturday, and my enthusiasm to lose weight has been restored. So, I decided I would get active on here gain to keep up my momentum and inspiration.

Thanks for reading,

-Dave
Old 03-19-2014, 01:42 PM   #948

Gallery: Maryposa
Stats: 355/181.0/169
WOE: VSG + NK
Start Date: 1997; Recommit May 2007 @355; VSG March 2010
newbies

Sandra, if you have specific diet questions or even somewhat general, you might want to ask on the Main Lobby as you are more likely to get responses there vs. here (this is an introduction thread and a lot of members who have been here a long time don't check it).
Maryposa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 03:42 PM   #949
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Martyn
Hi everyone

Hello everyone, my name is Martyn and I live on the east Essex coast in UK.
I have been on the induction phase for a while now and in the first few weeks I lost around 16lb but then stalled. Over two months later I remain at the exact same weight every single disappointing day. So, I have now come out of hiding and will no longer lurk because I need help and answers. It's thanks to all the encouraging threads and success stories here that I haven't given up hope... yet!
Martyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 02:07 AM   #950
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Mimosa23
Stats: 227.2/185.5/160
WOE: Keto
Hi to all the recent Newbies!

Hope to see lots of you on the boards here at LCF! Don't hesitate to ask us any and all questions, we're a nice bunch and I look forward to get to know you all!

xxx Chloe.
Mimosa23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 10:46 AM   #951
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: ILiveInFlipFlops
Stats: 208/200/150
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: 3/28/14
Hello everyone

I'm ILiveInFlipFlops (although right now I seem to be living in snow boots!), and I'm so glad to be here. I've been reading through the success stories and Before/During/After thread, and you all are so inspiring. Just visiting here and reading for awhile reenergizes me to face the coming months.

My WOE is LCHF, but not as strict as many eat. I aim for 20-30 carbs per day, but if I'm under 50, I'm happy, and that seems to be working pretty well. An average loss of two pounds per week is comfortable for me. I'm sure I'll plateau at some point, and I'll have to reevaluate and tweak, but for now this is is working, and I'm finding it sustainable.

I weighed in at 208 when I started taking the low-carb lifestyle seriously again just under four weeks ago. My next weigh-in point will be Sunday, but as of today I'm down 8 pounds, which is the most I've intentionally lost in...well...ever! My goal is 150, so I have a lot more ground to cover, but I'm happy to have found such a supportive community of people helping one another out.

Thanks!

ILIFF
ILiveInFlipFlops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 10:48 AM   #952
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: sunshine2113
Newbie here!

Hi! I'm Lindsay, from Florida. I'm 30, and am getting ready to start a low-carb lifestyle. I'm equal parts excited and terrified, as I am a HUGE fan of carbs and know this is going to be a challenge for me. But my goal is to lose 50 lbs (to start with), and just be healthier and have more energy overall, as I'm a mother of 2. Just wanted to introduce myself!
sunshine2113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 10:52 AM   #953
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILiveInFlipFlops View Post
Hello everyone

I'm ILiveInFlipFlops (although right now I seem to be living in snow boots!), and I'm so glad to be here. I've been reading through the success stories and Before/During/After thread, and you all are so inspiring. Just visiting here and reading for awhile reenergizes me to face the coming months.

My WOE is LCHF, but not as strict as many eat. I aim for 20-30 carbs per day, but if I'm under 50, I'm happy, and that seems to be working pretty well. An average loss of two pounds per week is comfortable for me. I'm sure I'll plateau at some point, and I'll have to reevaluate and tweak, but for now this is is working, and I'm finding it sustainable.

I weighed in at 208 when I started taking the low-carb lifestyle seriously again just under four weeks ago. My next weigh-in point will be Sunday, but as of today I'm down 8 pounds, which is the most I've intentionally lost in...well...ever! My goal is 150, so I have a lot more ground to cover, but I'm happy to have found such a supportive community of people helping one another out.

Thanks!

ILIFF
Welcome ILIFF - I'm new to this lifestyle as well, doing LC/Atkins right now. We have the same stats in common. I'm 210 and wanting to get down to 150 as well. I'm only on day 4 of induction and have lost 6lbs - I know it's mostly water weight, but hey.. weight is weight! I'm sticking to the Atkins induction (15-20 net carbs) until I get down to 180ish. Mostly I'm drinking a TON of water which is a major lifestyle change for me. I am used to drinking 2-3 large Vanilla Dr. Peppers from sonic a day and hated water, so I am very proud to say i've been completely soda free for 4 days Keep updating and keep going, sounds like you're in a healthy lifestyle change mindset!
Old 03-20-2014, 11:09 AM   #954
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by justme_sara View Post
Welcome ILIFF - I'm new to this lifestyle as well, doing LC/Atkins right now. We have the same stats in common. I'm 210 and wanting to get down to 150 as well. I'm only on day 4 of induction and have lost 6lbs - I know it's mostly water weight, but hey.. weight is weight! I'm sticking to the Atkins induction (15-20 net carbs) until I get down to 180ish. Mostly I'm drinking a TON of water which is a major lifestyle change for me. I am used to drinking 2-3 large Vanilla Dr. Peppers from sonic a day and hated water, so I am very proud to say i've been completely soda free for 4 days Keep updating and keep going, sounds like you're in a healthy lifestyle change mindset!
Thank you Sara! I will admit that I've done South Beach induction in the past, and that's what's helping me be successful now. That was my first official, real break with carbs, and it was like trying to kick a drug habit--tears, depression, anger, bargaining, grief, etc. It was horrible, and it really showed me how big a problem I had. Unfortunately I didn't stick to it (and gained more afterward even!), but going through it that first time has made the successive times easier, and this time will be the time that sticks!!!!

Great job on the soda! I had a terrible Coca-Cola habit--not even diet Coke Soda is so terrible for you on so many levels! And every pound counts. I think if you're drinking more water than you have been, your loss is probably not as much water weight as you think.

It's a new lifestyle, that is for sure. Sometimes I catch myself thinking, "When I can eat cake again..." or "I can't wait until I can sit down with a package of Oreos," and I have to actively remember that I can't live that lifestyle any longer. This is my life now.

Keep up the good work, and thank you for the warm welcome!
Old 03-20-2014, 11:20 AM   #955
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshine2113 View Post
Hi! I'm Lindsay, from Florida. I'm 30, and am getting ready to start a low-carb lifestyle. I'm equal parts excited and terrified, as I am a HUGE fan of carbs and know this is going to be a challenge for me. But my goal is to lose 50 lbs (to start with), and just be healthier and have more energy overall, as I'm a mother of 2. Just wanted to introduce myself!
Welcome from another newbie! I'm right there with you and have kids as well. They can make it more complicated, but I'm glad to be sharing my journey with them. I can already see my oldest making different/better choices, and it's only been a month.

You can do it!
Old 03-20-2014, 12:29 PM   #956
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Fayes3
Stats: 227/208/135
Hi to Everyone,

I recently started low-carb 2 weeks ago! I am so surprised that I am really never Hungry or crave my beloved potato chips! I am trying to eat several small meals(snacks) daily. I recently weigh-in and have lost 4 lbs to my surprise! I am an office manager for a large dental office and sit a lot at the computer all day. I know if I would be more active, I think I would loose faster! I have a birthday coming soon and I don't want to screw up! Hopefully daily posting will keep me on the right track!
Fayes3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 12:46 PM   #957
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fayes3 View Post
Hi to Everyone,

I recently started low-carb 2 weeks ago! I am so surprised that I am really never Hungry or crave my beloved potato chips! I am trying to eat several small meals(snacks) daily. I recently weigh-in and have lost 4 lbs to my surprise! I am an office manager for a large dental office and sit a lot at the computer all day. I know if I would be more active, I think I would loose faster! I have a birthday coming soon and I don't want to screw up! Hopefully daily posting will keep me on the right track!
Welcome Fayes! I am new to the lifestyle also - congrats on the weight lost so far!! I am only 4 days in, but was afraid that I would be craving things and I'm not. Scared me at first, thought I was doing something wrong. After days 1&2 I haven't been very hungry either -

One thing you can do while sitting at your desk, switch out your office chair for a large exercise ball - seriously!- you can start with just a few minutes a day and work up to a few hours. You wouldn't believe how much it helps with posture/back ache/and toning. Plus, it makes you get up when you need to turn to get something instead of just staying seated ALL day. You will be sore the first few days (tummy & legs) but it is worth it!

Good luck - YOU CAN DO IT!
Old 03-24-2014, 03:53 AM   #958
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Just Jo
Stats: 265/120/130 BMI=20.6
WOE: Atkins '72 & IF: Daily kcals <1400 & <12 carbs
Start Date: Repeat Offender: May '13 = 265 & 5 July '13 = 250
Just wanted to say to all the new (and back to the returning) people!!

And to wish you much success in your LC WOE journey!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
“Success is not Final. Failure is not Fatal.
It’s the Courage to Continue that Counts.” Winston Churchill

“This WOE is not a diet,
It’s my salvation, my key to being
Healthy, happy and thinner!”
Just Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 08:17 AM   #959
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: lhutch47

Hi! My name is Lisa and I'm a getting started on this low carb journey. I've heard good things about it and I feel like it's a way of eating that I can stick with. I hope to get some ideas and encouragement from others. Thanks and I'm to be here.
lhutch47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 08:49 AM   #960
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: MichelleB.
Stats: 280/190/175
Start Date: nov 2012
Hi guys. I'm Michelle, 37, mommy of 3 gorgeous boys. I have been overweight forever and have done every diet from WW to Stillman. I have had great success doing low carb in the past so I'm trying it again. Over the last year I have put on some weight. I discovered my husband's infidelity last march and we are divorcing. The stress and anxiety are killing me...and making me fat. Anyways, that's me.
MichelleB. is offline   Reply With Quote