Hi, so nice to have support and answers! Thanks
chumskie is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-15-2013, 07:58 AM   #62
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: jessicaeprice
WOE: Metabolism Miracle
Start Date: February 2013
Having trouble finding an active Metabolism Miracle forum.
Any advice?
I would start one but honestly don't feel like I know enough to start a group lol.
jessicaeprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 08:00 AM   #63
Administrator

Gallery: Dottie
WOE: 1400 cals/70g carbs/85% Primal
Hello Jessica
The current thread is a little slow, but if you keep posting in it, that's the best way to get it active again
Metabolism Miracle Support
Dottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 03:34 PM   #64
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JMBM
Stats: 204/157/135
WOE: IF/BBD
Start Date: 02/15/2013
Where to start?

Hello, just registered. Lost weight in 2011 from 204 to 150 counting calories and working my butt off "literally" as a dog groomer. No longer grooming and have put back on 10 lbs. I actually want to get down to 135 and considered continuing to watch calorie intake, but to watch carbs as well. Have no idea of how many carbs I need to eat daily to help achieve my goal. I've heard you subtract fiber count from total carb count to get your "net" carb count and net carbs are what you're suppose to be calculating? Not sure? Anyway, tried Adkins and was just to strict, so I thought if I continue counting calories and watch the carbs I can hopefully have success. Anyone else tried this approach? Thanks!
JMBM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 03:40 PM   #65
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dottie View Post
Hello Jessica
The current thread is a little slow, but if you keep posting in it, that's the best way to get it active again
Metabolism Miracle Support
Thanks Dottie.

So far it's the only plan I've got lol.

Someone told me about a forum called Playground which was more active, but you had to be invited to join. Have you ever heard of it?
Old 02-15-2013, 03:48 PM   #66
Administrator

Gallery: Dottie
WOE: 1400 cals/70g carbs/85% Primal
The playground is an off topic area, only accessible after you've been a member for 60 days and have 60 or more posts
The Lounge is also an off topic area that you can access right away
Dottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 07:28 AM   #67
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: grendelsnitch
Stats: 262/dare I hope/God knows
WOE: Eternal Induction Reduction
Start Date: January 2013
Morning!

I'm low carbing because I think it is the healthiest way to eat. I would love to lose weight but that doesn't seem to happen unless I remain below 20 carbs a day. Eating that amount of carbs has become my goal rather than a particular number on the scale. It seems saner that way.

My husband, who has dementia, has recently been diagnosed with diabetes which I am managing by reducing his carb intake as well. I am finding it easier to meet my goals now that I don't have to deal with the high carb sweets he loves. Of course he is dropping pounds very effectively.

Our life together is simple and sweeter than Swerve most of the time. If I could reach onederland I would be ecstatic. We'll see. I'm look forward to being part of this group and thank you in advance for your good will and support.

Grendelnsnitch
grendelsnitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 08:43 AM   #68
Junior LCF Member

Grendelnsnitch,

Low carbing is so much easier when you have great recipes to follow.
The low carb recipe section has a ton of recipes for healthy alternatives.
But of course double check the net carbs to maintain your own personal carb counting goal.
Old 02-16-2013, 02:51 PM   #69
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: grendelsnitch
Stats: 262/dare I hope/God knows
WOE: Eternal Induction Reduction
recipes

I have been sitting here with (low carb) sugar plums dancing in my head as I have pursued the Fantastic Flour thread. What great ideas!

I've been finding all kinds of great recipes for good food. Thanks to all!

Grendel
grendelsnitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 06:40 AM   #70
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: FH1976
Stats: 297/297/195
WOE: Atkins
Hey everyone! Just registered after a long time lurking around the boards. I am returning to Atkins after a LONG hiatus. I lost almost 70 lbs back in '05 doing a very strict form of what was presented in the '02 book. I have since put it all back on plus some extra. I have tried other approaches the past few years, but my metabolism, which has always been sluggish, seems to have slowed to a crawl. I have found I simply cannot lose anymore if I even come near carbs. I am hoping doing a very strict Induction will kickstart me and get me going again. I remember feeling great and it being very easy to be disciplined once I got into ketosis and started losing. Here's to hoping that happens again.

Anyway, thanks for the great information you are all sharing on these boards, it helps a lot!
FH1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 04:19 PM   #71
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: breadisdead
Hi all. I'm a 27 year old girl with celiac disease and I'm interested in low carb, not for weight loss but just for general health (I'm already too skinny). I've had some addictions in the past, like to caffeine, soda, bread... Carbs are way more addictive than anything else I've ever tried to stop eating.
breadisdead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 07:58 PM   #72
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Wargmom
Stats: 200/190/130
New to Forum and badly needing support

Hi all!
I'm new to the low carb forums, though not new to low carb dieting. It is the only kind of dieting my busy life seems to allow and still keeps me able to function. I have lost ten pounds on Atkins over the past two weeks, and yet I am very discouraged about the amount of weight I still have to lose. I'm over the honeymoon phase now and feeling more than a bit depressed about how much more I have to go. I'm concerned about sweet tooth cravings and popcorn cravings, which are certainly less intense than they used to be but there nonetheless. Can anyone let me know how you deal with this, plus any "low" moments of dieting? I would really appreciate it. My username is because I am a mom to three mastiff type dogs that look like wargs from middle earth but are super sweet. Cheers to all!
Wargmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 04:46 AM   #73
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: cheryl70
Stats: 212/212/165
Start Date: 2/18/2013
Good morning, I am starting Atkins induction today and I am very excited and nervous. I started this in the past a few times, but rarely made it through the first week. The ONLY way I've lost weight in the past is by starving and I did that about 3 years ago, got down to my goal weight. Now of course I have gained all and then some. I was quite shocked to find my BMI at 32 today! I feel that low carb could possibly help me with other general health problems as well; fatigue, depression, brain fog, complete lack of motivation, headaches, back pain, allergies, cystic ovaries. Just to name a few, LOL. Hope I can do this!!
cheryl70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 06:17 AM   #74
Chatty Cathy

Gallery: clackley
Stats: 228.5/168/125
WOE: N.K.=vlc/hf/moderate protein & organic/pastured
Start Date: Restart Oct 18 2009
Welcome Cheryl and all others. It is one day at a time and sometimes one minute at a time. Make a plan and have a 'well stocked' kitchen. Don't hesitate to eat on plan foods while adjusting to your new way of eating. And most of all use your support systems - this site has been invaluable for me. Read and post as much and as often as you can!!
clackley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 10:11 AM   #75
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: anditexas
I am NEW here !

Hi there !
I sarted on Atkins induction on Jan 7.
Today is Feb 18.
So it has been roughly six weeks.
I have lost 26 pounds.
I am staying on induction.
TOMORROW IS MY BIRTHDAY !!!
anditexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 02:52 PM   #76
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: cheryl70
Stats: 212/212/165
Start Date: 2/18/2013
AWESOME! And an early happy birthday to you!
cheryl70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 11:49 AM   #77
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Cyrus
Well, I figured I'd join up since I've started doing atkins after reading the book a few months ago. This is the only place where bacon and eggs are diet foods.
Cyrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 02:57 AM   #78
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: blackcat99
Stats: 186/166/111
Start Date: 11/02/13
Hi

Just started Atkins last Monday after trying to unsuccessfully lose weight with WeightWatchers.. I have PCOS so hopefully this is the way forward.......

Cheers
Tracy
blackcat99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 05:21 AM   #79
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lori_:)
Stats: 221/186/160
WOE: Low Carb-My way
New & Good Morning!

Hello Everyone,

A little about me. 53 years old, happily married and dealing with a life long struggle with my weight.

My newest attempt at losing has been the Dukan plan, which is basically low carb, but also low fat. I have been tweaking it a bit but having good results. I began on Jan 5 and am down 17 lbs to date. I have about 45 to go and felt I needed to venture more towards low carb as a life long plan.

I have been doing a boot camp class 4-5 times a week since the beginning of December. It is a very tough, but gratifying workout. Since my workouts are pretty intense, I try to keep my carbs to less than 100 gr. which I find quite easy. I allow myself that many on boot camp days to fuel my muscles a bit. Maybe that wouldn't be necessary, but so far, so good.

I look forward to getting to know some of you!

Lori
Lori_:) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 08:25 AM   #80
Senior LCF Member

Stats: 341/301.6/150
WOE: Atkins-ish
Start Date: Hcg 1/5/13, LC 2/10/13
Hi Everyone!
I just joined a week or so ago, and have been lurking around. I just started Atkins on February 11. I'm so determined to do this! Hubby and I are trying to concieve our first child, but I have Insulin Resistance so it doesn't help matters. My goal is to get to where my IR is controlled w/o medication and in return get prego . I'm looking forward to all the support here and reading all the success stories!!
TheSouthernPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 08:36 PM   #81
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Suzee
Stats: 214/214/165
WOE: Atkins 30-40 carbs per day
Start Date: Restart January 2014
Good evening. I joined here a little while ago, and then I ended up back and forth to my Mom's in another state. She has the beginnings of dementia and has lost weight and is quite weak. Other things have gone on, and the stress level was up there..still is a bit. I was doing very well on low-carb, and then for the past couple of weeks, I have just not been paying attention. I really need to get a boost going. Any suggestions for a 2 or 3 day kick start? I'm supposed to be 100 - 110 carbs per day. Thank you. I'm going to look aorund a bit, again.
Suzee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 12:13 PM   #82
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: DrewsMom77
Stats: 245/235/160
WOE: SugarBusters
Start Date: Restart: 2/20/13
Hello Everyone! :)

Well I'm not really sure how I found this place, but I'm REALLY happy that I did!

About 11 years ago I woke up one morning and decided I was going to do Sugar Busters - and I did. I did fantastic and stayed OP for a solid 8 months and lost about 45 pounds. I felt GREAT! That's the problem... I felt great. So I figured I was done... and I started eating junk again. Hellllooooooo 45 pounds plus all the friends you made while you were gone!

I'm currently at my highest weight EVER. Yes, ever. Disgusting. I'm so discouraged and disappointed in myself. I feel HORRIBLE. I'm exhausted, sinus junk, reflux, bathroom issues, short of breath, moody, nothing fits. HORRIBLE. I'm miserable in my own skin. I KNOW how to change it - but every time I wake up and say I'm going to get back on the wagon, I've sabotaged myself within 48 hours!

I'm going to be 39 next month and this isn't getting any easier! I want to be in ONEderland by my 40th birthday SO BAD. Well, I say "SO BAD" but apparently I don't want it bad enough to DO something about it! UGH! I have a back injury that has caused the doctor to take me out of the gym for good, which brought on about 25 pounds in the last 6 months and that has done nothing but make me more discouraged and feel worse!

I lost my 13 year old son 2 years ago this month, so a lot of the weight gain lately was emotional eating and lack of desire to really give a crap. I've come to the conclusion that if I'm going to have to be on Earth, there is no need to make myself MORE miserable than I already am without him by being miserable in my skin/body also!

I REALLY need some motivation - some help - some encouragement - some ANYTHING! I know LC works for me, it's done it before. I just can't seem to find a way to make myself DO IT! I hope to find some new friends and encouragement here...

Health Background:
PCOS
Type 2 Diabetes
Thyroid Disorder
Fibromyalgia
Pitting Edema in both legs

~Beth~
*DrewsMom77*
DrewsMom77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 08:57 AM   #83
Rod
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Rod
Stats: 5'10" 48yo 190/165/155
WOE: LCHF/IF
Hello

Thankfully my weight loss fight has been minor as I gain weight when I eat poorly and lose it when I eat better. At 5'10" with a small frame I hit 205 lbs in the late 1980s and over the years averaged 190 lbs. A couple of years ago an acquaintance's off-hand comment about my excess weight inspired (but first embarrassed) me to lose a few pounds. My approach was eclectic and inconsistent which included low carb (sporadic), paleo, less sugar, veganism (short-lived), small portions, lots of running, bodyweight exercise and gymnastics, but ultimately I lost 20+ lbs. (pant size dropped from 36 to 30!) Right now I weight ~168 lbs. and would like to drop a final 10 lbs.

But low carb is more than just about weight loss. It's about health and longevity. At nearly 49, I'm in the best shape of my life and want to apply the insights of Volek and Phinney (and Tim Noakes) to continue my journey.

Nutritional ketosis (NK) (or at least low carb/high fat (LCHF)) is a new approach for me, so I would like to tap into the collective wisdom and experience of this forum as I learn and share my own journey.
Rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 11:07 AM   #84
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Seldc
Hi LCF,

When I retired, I started walking and going to the gym. I started eating the low carb way by following the Atkins plan and lost 40 pounds but this past year, I have not exercised nor followed low carb eating and have gained weight. I was delighted to see this site and have been motivated to get started again!!
Seldc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 12:02 PM   #85
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: dlp1014
Stats: 186/180.8/150
WOE: Somersize
Start Date: February 19, 2013
Back to Somersizing

Happy Friday to Everyone

My name is Debbie. Discovered this website when I went online to see what was going on in the world of low carb. I've been away from it for about 5 years and my body definitely shows it

I'm not familiar with the Atkins diet so I don't know how it varies from Suzanne Somers version of low carb. I really enjoyed her plan and had great success years ago. I definitely never went hungry.

I'm hoping to shed about 25 pounds and keep it off once and for all this time! My husband and I are going to an all inclusive resort in May so that's really given me some motivation to get bathing suit ready

I've already discovered a couple of recipes I want to try and I enjoy reading about everyones journey.

I am curious if there are any others out there that have any comments on Somersizing vs. Atkins? I have a few questions regarding the combination of fruits with regular food, SS says it's a no, no and that fruit should be eaten on an empty stomach. Also, what is the real scoop on cottage cheese, somethings I read say it's okay to eat, others say NO.

Enough for now, hope everyone is having an AWESOME Friday!!!
dlp1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 09:53 PM   #86
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Shannie
Hey all! I just registered but I've been "lurking" the threads here and there for a couple months. In 2010-2011the I lost 50lb living a low carb lifestyle and I had kept it off until recently because I just had a baby! I zeroing in on numbers id hoped id never see on the scales again but I'm ready to jump back on the wagon!
Shannie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 10:32 AM   #87
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: ak_laura
WOE: Moderate Carbs
Start Date: 02/23/2013
Hello and Here We Go Again

Hello all. I'm a beader, a woodcarver, a storyteller and a business professional. I'd rather bead, carve and tell stories though!

I'm here because I want to live a well lifestyle and have movement back in my life. I'm frustrated and ashamed of my weight - I'm a very large woman and I've been able to loose 10 pounds on my own but it is a struggle.

I was going to join WW this morning because I'm so frustrated but the thought of getting on a scale in front of all those people and sitting on those small folding chairs turned my stomach I'm stared at enough on my own thank you very much, I don't need to invite it into my life voluntarily! I'm healthy for the most part though, all my numbers that count are low, but my weight is a problem and it is starting to affect my health.

So here I am, I like my life, but I can't stand my extreme overweight any more. I'm on a modified low-carb right now but working towards getting rid of the flour and sugar, who are no longer my friends, that's a BIG 10-4!
ak_laura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 11:13 AM   #88
Administrator

Gallery: cheri
Stats: 150 + pounds lost - 4' 11"
Hi Laura!

I am sure that this site will fit your needs! What ever plan you are on, we support you!!! Take a look at a lot of the success stories as they are real motivation! If you have any questions feel free to ask.. You can also search for your questions because it may have a whole thread to itself where there will be invaluable information!

Take care!!

cheri
cheri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 11:15 AM   #89
Administrator

Gallery: cheri
Stats: 150 + pounds lost - 4' 11"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shannie View Post
Hey all! I just registered but I've been "lurking" the threads here and there for a couple months. In 2010-2011the I lost 50lb living a low carb lifestyle and I had kept it off until recently because I just had a baby! I zeroing in on numbers id hoped id never see on the scales again but I'm ready to jump back on the wagon!
Shannie... Congrats on your new baby!! What did you have? I am sure you will find this site helpful to you and you will be able to get that baby weight off in no time!!
cheri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 07:28 PM   #90
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: haferchamp
Start Date: 12/15/12
Hi from a newbie! I was tested with an A1c number of 6.1 in December, thus starts my new life as a low carb eater. My doctor actually said low carb is the way to go so i guess i'm lucky to have found her. I've been reading everything I can get my hands on in order to educate myself. Also went and bought a meter and have been testing, testing, and more testing. I think i'm doing okay but won't know for sure until my next Dr's appointment in April. I told her i wanted to see how strictly low carbing will work for me before I start on Metformin. This site has been very helpful with all kinds of info and tips to eating low carb. Thanks everyone!

Karen
haferchamp is offline   Reply With Quote