Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2014, 09:09 PM   #811
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: vamiller55
Stats: 215/198
WOE: Atkins/moderate carbs
Start Date: December 2013
Hi, I have done low carb in the past, but fell away from it. I am back now though. I started with Atkins for 2 week induction, lost 9 lbs. Now I have modified it a bit, still doing between 20 to 30 carbs, I allow "cheat days". I'm saw a modified low carb booklet, in which it goes by carb units. 15, 30, 45. per meal. I use that for my cheat days, that way I won't feel like I've blown it. Plus I read online about carb cycling, they say that a higher carb day, actually helps reset your metabolism to keep it from slowing down. So far so good I have lost 17 lbs. so far. My goal is 140, but for now I am setting mini goals of 10 lbs. a clip.
vamiller55 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-12-2014, 11:20 AM   #812
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Super_J
Stats: 457/401/200
WOE: Ketosis
Start Date: 11/22/2013
New member saying hello

Hi everyone my name is J, I started the low carb lifestyle the week before thanksgiving. Made it through the holidays with my friends and family telling me I am crazy and this is unhealthy. Wouldn't have made it with out reading a lot of your posts and decided to join. So thank you all for being so positive in posts and trying to help everyone.

I am on just a plain low carb keto diet it's not atkins or anything like that just knew I needed to make a lifestyle change and after 3 months of research learned that this one was hopefully going to help me lose weight and help with other health issues caused by the 1000's of carbs I ate daily.
Super_J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 11:32 AM   #813
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: stylishtoo
Stats: start/178.6/ current 175.2/goal 145
WOE: medi weightloss
Start Date: january 2014
Hello everyone My name is Ivy and I started medi weightloss on January 9th I tried atkins but couldn't get it going so I am kickstarting this year low carb I am so glad I found this site
by the way
Great job Vamiller55
Awesome job super J
stylishtoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 04:44 PM   #814
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: yvetj79
Stats: 168.5/159.5/125
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Dec 29, 2013
how quick weight loss?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jen5245 View Post
My name is Jen and I live in Annapolis MD. until the last 5 years I never really had much of a weight issue, but now my weight is steadily creeping up and I always feel bloated. As a result of that i am now on the SBD, so far i haven't seen any weightloss I am on day 4. How quickly did you guys see a difference?
I lost 7 lbs in 2 weeks.
yvetj79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 06:41 PM   #815
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: emily1
Stats: 206.8/159.8/130
Start Date: November 2012
Hello Everyone

My name is Emily. This is my first post on here although I have been reading this message board for years. In October 2012, my weight had crept up to 206.8 pounds, I was LC'ing it from November 1st 2012- November 2013 and kind of gave up in mid november of 2013 but now have been back on the low carb wagon for a couple of weeks now. I had lost 40 pounds over a course of about a year, gained about 12 pounds back then lost about 7 so far again so I am about 5 pounds higher than my lowest weight which was 166.8. This year I hope to lose another 35 pounds and be at a healthy weight. I am finally accepting the fact that low carb is a lifestyle that I will have to adhere to for the rest of my life. Good job to all of you who made a decision to take control and embark on this journey!
emily1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 09:28 PM   #816
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: yvetj79
Stats: 168.5/159.5/125
Start Date: Dec 29, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by emily1 View Post
My name is Emily. This is my first post on here although I have been reading this message board for years. In October 2012, my weight had crept up to 206.8 pounds, I was LC'ing it from November 1st 2012- November 2013 and kind of gave up in mid november of 2013 but now have been back on the low carb wagon for a couple of weeks now. I had lost 40 pounds over a course of about a year, gained about 12 pounds back then lost about 7 so far again so I am about 5 pounds higher than my lowest weight which was 166.8. This year I hope to lose another 35 pounds and be at a healthy weight. I am finally accepting the fact that low carb is a lifestyle that I will have to adhere to for the rest of my life. Good job to all of you who made a decision to take control and embark on this journey!
Welcome! I once lost 70 lbs on Atkins. I have been doing low carb strictly for two weeks. Have lost 7 lbs. You can do it!
yvetj79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 10:19 AM   #817
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Dshaughnessy
Stats: 260/201/170
WOE: Low carbs
Start Date: 1/22/2011
Low carb part II

Iin 1/20/2011, I was 260ish. I was 39 and didn't want to be overweight and in my 40's. 12/16/2011, I was 160lbs and quite happy. I exceeded my goal, which kept changing almost weekly, thanks to low carb diet... Now fast forward to 1/13/2014, I managed to recover some of my lost weight.. I just tipped the scales at 203. I passed a number that I swore to my self that I would never pass again. During my time in 2011, I lived on these boards and others on the internet. I took inspiration from everyone's success. I have kept up with the low carb diet, however now it's a candy bar here... Some ice cream there... I found that some of my friends and family didn't like the added confidence I gained as I lost weight.. So I am not getting as much support this time around as I look to shed this weight that has kept back on my waist. So I am turning to these forms for some added support as I embark on this journey once again.

Cheers!
Dshaughnessy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 01:21 PM   #818
Administrator

Gallery: Dottie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dottie View Post
Please read:

If you've been here before and cannot remember your account name or password, please do not create a new account.
Contact the site and let us know what your email or account name was, and we can help you reactivate it.
Members may only have one account, so if you create a new one, you may "kick out" to us as a problem and find your account locked until we see it and deal with it.
If you've already created a new account, please let us know ASAP so we can either merge or disable one of them to prevent possible account locks later on.
LowCarbFriends.com Contact Form
Dottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 01:26 PM   #819
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Madmarsha
Stats: way too much/166/135
WOE: moderate carbs
Start Date: October 2013
I already have a few posts and have been signed up for about a month now BUT I guess I'll officially introduce myself.

I decided to take off my ticker; but so far, I've lost 30 pounds. I'm back to low carb but I'm really focusing on just making sure to eliminate sugar and grains as a "label".

Love how busy this board is and hopping around to find my "niche" so I've been popping my head in and out of different boards and threads.

Hi everybody!
Madmarsha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 05:22 AM   #820
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Emita
Stats: 115/105/95
WOE: 25-30 net
Start Date: June 2013
Greetings! I discoverd LCF through Netrition, now my favorite shopping site!

I've been low-carbing for about 8 months now, after a couple of years of ups and downs related to OCD and comorbid eating disorders. After losing, gaining, losing, and then working at a bakery for 6 months (!!!) I realized how badly sugar, cravings, and baked goods were effecting me emotionally and physiologically.

I read up on diet plans first, and caught on to the atkins approach. After browsing their new website, I was pleased with the idea of rules, control, and a healthy whole foods approach to eating.

I've always loved red meat and fatty foods, so I gave atkins a whirl, and it has been working like a charm. Replacing all my sugar cravings with fat cravings made me happy and satisfied. I began at OWL after trying out induction menus for about a week, since I had only about 10 lbs to lose from my bakery disasters! I'm now enjoying low carb breads and recipes at 20-40 net carbs per day. I love my sweet potatos and winter squashes as a treat, plus sugar-free chocolate. Mmm.

Low-carbing has become a satisfying and consistent way of life for me, and I have not experienced any of the guilt, calorie counting, or muscle loss that accompanied obsessive low-fat and restrictive diets of yesteryear.

In fact, I love to work out and do resistance training in the form of weight lifting and TRX twice a week in conjunction with plenty of walking and indoor cycling!

Pleased to meet everyone here! I'm excited to share recipes, ideas, and learn some more about low-carb baking ahead of my birthday in march - I'm nervous about making a cake!!
Emita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 08:56 AM   #821
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Aimee
Stats: 5' 7'' 238/202/150
WOE: 1972 Atkins
Start Date: 01/11/2014
Hey everyone! I'm Aimee. 41 yrs old from Florida. I've always saved this website and read it for motivation while I followed low carb but never joined. I'm glad I did. I have about 30 lbs to lose and I am feeling very overwhelmed but motivated. I believe in Atkins because I have lost it before and kept it off ... last gain was due to heavy drinking that I no longer do. (Completed 90 days of rehab last year) So today, I start a new goal, and I'm ready for this challenge! Feel free to say hi. I love making new friends! Anything is possible if you believe in yourself!

Last edited by Aimee; 01-14-2014 at 09:00 AM..
Aimee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 09:21 AM   #822
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: starcas
Hi. Have been a member for years and followed on and off during that time. But now at 59, my first week loss was only 2 pounds. I never went over 20 carbs and counted everything including sweetener. I have always lost more the first week than this. Is it my age? Anyone out there in my age category that can relate?

Thanks,
Carol
starcas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 09:43 AM   #823
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: starcas
Hi dawndown. I will be 60 in September and also need to loose 40 pounds. Maybe we can keep each other motivated! I do not want to show up at 60 with this extra weight. LOL

Carol
starcas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 09:03 AM   #824
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emita View Post
Greetings! I discoverd LCF through Netrition, now my favorite shopping site!

I've been low-carbing for about 8 months now, after a couple of years of ups and downs related to OCD and comorbid eating disorders. After losing, gaining, losing, and then working at a bakery for 6 months (!!!) I realized how badly sugar, cravings, and baked goods were effecting me emotionally and physiologically.

I read up on diet plans first, and caught on to the atkins approach. After browsing their new website, I was pleased with the idea of rules, control, and a healthy whole foods approach to eating.

I've always loved red meat and fatty foods, so I gave atkins a whirl, and it has been working like a charm. Replacing all my sugar cravings with fat cravings made me happy and satisfied. I began at OWL after trying out induction menus for about a week, since I had only about 10 lbs to lose from my bakery disasters! I'm now enjoying low carb breads and recipes at 20-40 net carbs per day. I love my sweet potatos and winter squashes as a treat, plus sugar-free chocolate. Mmm.

Low-carbing has become a satisfying and consistent way of life for me, and I have not experienced any of the guilt, calorie counting, or muscle loss that accompanied obsessive low-fat and restrictive diets of yesteryear.

In fact, I love to work out and do resistance training in the form of weight lifting and TRX twice a week in conjunction with plenty of walking and indoor cycling!

Pleased to meet everyone here! I'm excited to share recipes, ideas, and learn some more about low-carb baking ahead of my birthday in march - I'm nervous about making a cake!!
Hi, Emita. You're very pretty. Sounds like you're doing great!
Old 01-15-2014, 09:05 AM   #825
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by starcas View Post
Hi. Have been a member for years and followed on and off during that time. But now at 59, my first week loss was only 2 pounds. I never went over 20 carbs and counted everything including sweetener. I have always lost more the first week than this. Is it my age? Anyone out there in my age category that can relate
2 pounds is the right direction! I'm 50 and was worried I wouldn't be able to lose but I'm fine with the progress I'm making and being realistic. Yes, I wanted to lose 40 pounds and all my belly fat in 1 month but that's not really possible, is it?
Old 01-15-2014, 05:36 PM   #826
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: miniapplecocoa
Stats: 240.8
WOE: atkins
Start Date: 1/12/14
Had enough carbism this time.

Hello all,
Not new to Lcf or lc woe but...I'm back at it again. I lost 100 lbs in 2003-2004 low carbing. I followed the plan carefully for myself and as a personal tribute to Dr Atkins. I had lost weight in the past using low carb eatting but never did get to goal. So I knew it worked.

This time around after trying several other alternatives like "mostly raw veganism", painfully low fat vegitarianism, nuritarianism, medifastism, and 'make it up as you goism', I am almost at my highest weight ever and 10 years older.

Now, I don't even care about how I look or how much I weigh going forward, I just don't want "metabolic syndrom" to be my way of life.

Prediabetic, high blood presure, high bad cholesterol and a pill for every ailment. And constantly feeling the physical pain of being morbidly obese.

I always loved this board even before that "Face" thingy but I don't post often. I just wanted to check in cause it just doesn't feel right to be a "lurker."
miniapplecocoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 01:08 AM   #827
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Sherrie
Stats: 286/279.6/278.6/276.4/276
Start Date: January 6, 2014
Feeling hopefully and inspired!

Hello, I'm Sherrie, 59, and I've done low carb back in 2004-2005. I lost about 85 lbs. Through the years I kept about 35 or 40 pounds off. When I started helping care for my sweet mom, who had Alzheimer's, I gained about 20 pounds. When she died 1 1/2 years ago, I gained the rest back. I've been on depression meds for about 5 years or so. My new doctor changed my medication and finally I have gotten to a better place. Feeling hopefull, I started reading up on food/sugar addiction and the chemical changes that happen in the brain when one eats a high carb diet. I also read a book, Sweet Surrender, where the author voiced exactly how I was feeling. I wanted to go back on lc but just couldn't get there. The author's eating program was extremely controlled. In fact I didn't actually finish the book but I did get a huge emotional boost. This person went through a 12 step program. I decided to join this group for encouragement and guidance because lc is so practical and actually pretty easy to follow. Findings say we lose twice the weight when we do it with a friend/s. I started induction on 1/6 and have lost 7 pounds! My cravings have been very minimal. So I know I'm in a place to be encouraged and hopefully be an encourager to others along the way. This may be a long intro but I guess I am in the mood to share my excitement!
Sherrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 03:02 PM   #828
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Kiwilaws
Stats: 245/238/150
Start Date: January 2014
Glad for the support and knowledge here! I'm pretty sure I've tried every diet there is. I've basically had the most success when I starve myself, which of course, does not last. So, I'm trying this and hoping that all the alternate food options are going to help me into making this my woe for life. I started on 1/6, and off to a decent start. Let the journey begin!

(btw.. I'm amazed at how old this thread is!)
Kiwilaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 05:27 PM   #829
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Sherrie
Stats: 286/279.6/278.6/276.4/276
Start Date: January 6, 2014
We started on the same day so we can help ewch other. You and I can both do it. I see alot of encouragers here.
Sherrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 09:31 AM   #830
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: stacy h
Stats: 314.2
Start Date: 1/17/2014
new to low carbing

hello everyone my name is stacy, im new to all this. I really need the support. I am 29yrs old with 4 kids and I have reached my highest weight ever in my life. A big 311lbs. its killing me inside especially only being 29. I really need the help. this is too much for me to handle. im a busy mom and I struggle with finding a carb friendly grab n go snack. someone please help!
#a desperate mom
stacy h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 10:40 AM   #831
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: NanaMary
Stats: 167/146/135
WOE: Low Carb High Fat
Start Date: January 2014
Hello All!

Hello Everyone! I'm so glad I found a place to find tips, recipes, and inspiration! I began this low carb, high fat woe on January 2nd. I've been struggling with low carb-having no success-when I realized I wasn't eating enough fat. I'm already down eight pounds and so far no cravings or other troubles, feel great and hopeful for the first time in a looooong time. I am 49 years old, mother of four grown children and Nana to one amazing little girl. My primary employment is babysitting my granddaughter, but I also bake (yes, I'm a baker!) part time to supplement my income. Since beginning this woe I seriously haven't even been tempted to taste my goodies, I recruit someone else to do that for me now. I will be adding regular exercise to my life this coming Monday...love this site!
NanaMary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 03:17 PM   #832
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ElizabethLC
Stats: 218.5/157/150s
Start Date: July 2008
Welcome to all new folks! Very happy to have you on board - the more the merrier!

I recommend finding the challenge board and joining a challenge - it is a good way to get to know people.
ElizabethLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 08:26 PM   #833
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: mrs B
Stats: 174/164/140
WOE: low carb/sugar, high protein
Start Date: december 2013
Hello! I stumbled across this site while looking up some new recipes. I must say I am quite impressed with the posts/support, so I made an account to join I am a mum of two, happily married and a touch chunky lol. At the moment I am 164.2 from a start of 174.8. I plan to get back to 140. I am stoked to have lost 10 since the first week of december. Thanks for having me
mrs B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 11:22 PM   #834
Administrator

Gallery: cheri
Stats: 150 + pounds lost - 4' 11"
Welcome to the site everyone!!! This is a super great site for information and support! Take a look around. Join a challenge.. Start a Journal! Get involved!! It will really help keep you accountable and keep you on the right path. If you need any admin help feel free to contact one of us admins/moderators or you can also contact the site by clicking on the contact us button on the bottom of every page!!

Good luck and welcome to the site!!

cheri
cheri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 12:28 PM   #835
Junior LCF Member

Location: Charleston, SC for last 2 years (in Hawaii previously for 37 years)
Gallery: Southerngirl
Stats: 248/212/165
Start Date: 01/01/2014
Hi everyone,
I joined this site a few weeks ago, but I don't think I introduced myself. I have been on Atkins off and on since 1972. In 2008 I lost 100 pounds on Atkins and kept it off until 2011. I gradually started eating grains and sugars again and gained back 70 pounds! Partly due to stress and surgery (hysterectomy). I started Induction on January 2nd and I've lost 11 pounds so far!
Good luck to all of you in reaching your goals!
Southerngirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 03:22 PM   #836
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Movin4ward
Stats: 270+/234/159
Start Date: Jan. 2013
Hi, just joined the forum and have been doing Atkins off and on for a year. Have tried several great recipes from the LC forums over the last few months and decided to finally join. I go CarbCrazy especially during certain cycles of the moon....like a Werewolf only running after fast-food instead of fresh-meat I thought it was time I reached out for some help to stay on the low-carb path consistently. ~CarbWolf
Movin4ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 03:39 PM   #837
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Lusitano
Hello everyone, I've just joined this forum and I'm from Portugal.
Lusitano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 03:57 PM   #838
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Movin4ward View Post
Hi, just joined the forum and have been doing Atkins off and on for a year. Have tried several great recipes from the LC forums over the last few months and decided to finally join. I go CarbCrazy especially during certain cycles of the moon....like a Werewolf only running after fast-food instead of fresh-meat I thought it was time I reached out for some help to stay on the low-carb path consistently. ~CarbWolf
Keep reaching for the fresh meat, Wolf. Nobody needs meat holders (buns and bread).
Old 01-21-2014, 05:34 AM   #839
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: TowerOrchard
Stats: 222/193/155
WOE: Primal/Paleo
Start Date: January 7, 2014
I'm going to introduce myself here as a way to stay accountable! I ate primal/paleo for 7 months in 2012 and lost 58 pounds, looked better and felt great! We took a family vacation and I gave myself permission to eat whatever I wanted - well, I got back on the carb carousel then and never got off Started on January 7 to get back to good health and feeling good about myself again! Friends are welcome!
TowerOrchard is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 03:38 AM   #840
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: jen5245
WOE: SBD
Start Date: January 5th
Quote:
Originally Posted by yvetj79 View Post
I lost 7 lbs in 2 weeks.
That's great! My weightloss is finally catching up a bit (3 lbs and countinfa friend of mine told me that the more weight you have to loose, the quicker it comes off in the beginning. I am looking to go down about 7 lbs, but most of all I just wanted to stop feeling bloated and that has definitely happened.
jen5245 is offline   Reply With Quote