Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Main Lowcarb Lobby
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2013, 12:25 PM   #751
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: irenej44
THANK YOU! I have told my best friend about this and we are going to do this diet together. She is in Ca. and I am in Mo. We be each others support systems, which I think will help us both out.

Last edited by irenej44; 12-29-2013 at 12:29 PM..
irenej44 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-29-2013, 12:35 PM   #752
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Kimberlylhn
Stats: 196/184/146
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 12/29/13

I signed up last night and started Atkins today. 10 years ago I had gastric bypass. Over the last 6 years I have been gradually gaining my weight back. I originally lost 105 lbs and have since gained 65lbs back. In a way Atkins is how I am suppose to be eating. Protein, Protein, Protein! Honestly my motivation is low so I am praying I can stick to this.
Kim
Kimberlylhn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 12:48 PM   #753
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: arte
Hi everybody
My name is Arte,i am 43 and i live in Greece.
I've been lurking for a while but finally decided to join looking for tips and a support.
I tried Atkins about 2 years ago and lost 10 kilos but then i started eating carbs again and gained it back.
I've been doing low carb on and off ever since and finally decided to get going again.
So i started Atkins 3 days ago and I am hoping to lose a total of 10 kgr.
I'm currently 1.65 high and i weigh 79 kgr.

Anyway just wanted to introduce myself
Thanks for letting me post here.
Arte xx
arte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 12:54 PM   #754
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: cristress
Stats: 123.6/121.6/110.
WOE: Dukan
Start Date: Dec.2013
I am new here, and new to the low carb way of dieting! I hope to get some helpful tips and suggestions on variety. I also am interested in workouts that work best on low carb diets. The site has a ton of information I have read about already!!
cristress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 04:29 PM   #755
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: JessieKay
Stats: 65lb to go!
Start Date: November 2013
Hey it's me

My name is Jessie. I'm in my mid-30s, overweight, diabetic, and hypertensive. I've done LC/Atkins a couple of other times in my life but have just decided to make it a rest-of-my-life deal. Last time I was at my doc for a check up (mostly to ask about some right abdominal/back pain even though I had my GB out 4 years ago) and since I can't seem to get my a1c lower, he was going to change my Meds next time if it didn't go down. This is the best way I can figure to lower it. After a liver panel, he said my triglycerides we're through the roof and since I have been doing LC, the pain is gone unless I eat something really fatty.

I've been writting down everything and privately blogging my meals/nutritional stats (inspired by Genaw!). I joined LCF mostly for recipes and food inspirations.
JessieKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 12:28 PM   #756
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Ranger's Mom
Stats: <a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/
I Am READY!

I just finished reading Tory Johnson's book, The Shift, and I'm ready to start low-carbing, too! I've cleaned out my pantry and fridge, I'm stocking up on low-carb foods, and even dusted off the treadmill!

Here I go!

Ranger's Mom
Ranger's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 01:46 PM   #757
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: JayZee
LC Lifestyler and evangelist

Hi Everyone,

Found the site be searching for recipes - love all of the info and support I've seen so far!

I discovered low-carb about 10 years ago and have been living happily without flour and corn syrup since. I was over 220# when I made the change and live comfortably at 185 and I preach against the misinformation provided to us by the "food establishment" to anyone who will listen.

I finally convinced my wife (a bread/pasta addict) to have a go at it and after 3 weeks she is doing amazingly well thanks mostly to recipes I've found here. Hopefully I have something to add once in a while!
JayZee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 10:17 PM   #758
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Sarilas
Stats: 288/283/150
Start Date: 28 December 2013
Making the changes that need to be made.

Hey, all! I've been here before, years ago, and have continued (on and off) to check in from afar. I've been a successful low-carber for a whopping two months when my now teenagers were just youngin's (twenty pound loss each month), and then came a new marriage, and two new babies and, and, and... you know how it goes.

I started dipping my toes back in the low-carb arena a month-ish ago, unofficially, by starting to re-read my favorite Dr. Atkins New Diet Revolution book from 2002 and researching new advances online. Ketogenic is a new term to me, as is LC-HF. I don't know any of the new authors of low-carb research so I'm looking forward to seeing what's gone on in this wonderful world in the last decade or so!
Sarilas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 07:08 AM   #759
Junior LCF Member

Stats: 216/207/135
Start Date: January 1, 2013

Hi!
I am a newbie (Well, not a newbie to dieting, but new to this website and the type of dieting I am doing). I am doing the Atkins diet, but I am not doing 3 large meals a day. I am instead doing the 5 small portions a day. I have dieted before, and fell off the wagon too many times. So! I am climbing back on again, and I am going to keep on trying!
My mother is doing the same type of diet, and she recommend this website to me. It looks like a good support group, which I would love to have. I do not exactly have a lot of willpower (Lol).

That's all I have for now!
Queen of the Nile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 10:36 AM   #760
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: RoxyRoller
Stats: 315/253/200
Start Date: December 30, 2013
Hello all. Lurked the LCF board for a while, decided to join. Using an app on my phone to track calories/carbs. Dusted off my exercise bike (and treadmill, and free weights, and hubby's recumbent bike....) I'm a pro at yo-yo weight loss and have probably lost and regained 500 pounds over the last 20 years (not good for one's health, no, not good at all). I've read the books, tried various meds (yep, I was a Fen Phenner way back when - wow, it was great being a size 9 - for about 3 minutes! ha!) I'm approaching this as a lifestyle change. I know two people who have lost a significant amount of weight and have kept it off for more than 5 years, they tell me it's all in the way one looks at food...ok. I've worked with four people who have undergone gastric bypass - not my cup of tea, but if it works for some people - more power to you. I see a great deal of compassion and genuinely nice people here and look forward to posting, reading, and sharing. Happy New Year everyone!

Last edited by RoxyRoller; 12-31-2013 at 10:37 AM..
RoxyRoller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 07:04 AM   #761
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Layla91
Stats: 5'2" : [130/118/105]
Start Date: 1/2014
Can't out exercise a bad diet!

Hi everyone, crazy as it may be, I have struggled for years with these last 10 pounds. I originally was around 175 dropped as low as 103, being 5'2.5" inches. I felt best when I was 105-7 lbs and running although I was not happy running 4 miles a day and strength training in fear of gaining fat. I have eaten generally healthy but not VLC as my running friends all had me convinced 60% carb but I ALWAYS craved the fat more than anything. Now, I've been doing <100, around 60G carbs a day, mostly from veggies and some cheese. However, since I've been home on break, I know my calories have been way up and I'm eating more out of boredom. I realize i can't out exercise a bad diet and although i love running, I'm always sore and burned out from it.

Hoping to meet others that exercise less and lose more by just restricting carbs and eating realistic portions. Part of the problem is eating after dinner…I always like eating until I go to bed. Also, my eyes are way bigger than my head in terms of portion sizes. I used to eat lower fat but complex veggies with huge portions..as in whole Spaghetti squashes, whole heads of cauliflower, etc. I was always bloated and embarrassed to go anywhere after eating because i looked pregnant. I would love to hear others' experiences and support.
Layla91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 10:44 AM   #762
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: jamdfour
Stats: 186/181/130
WOE: high protein/low carb
Start Date: restart December 2013

Hi I am jamdfour I spent last week reading many different posts all over this site, from which I gleaned many helpful tips and ideas. I lost 50 pounds almost 5 years ago of which most has crept back on. I have hesitated all week on joining more of a I can do anything person and I can get it done on my own however..... it doesn't seem to be working for me this time around. I just cant seem to stick with it to many temptations excuses and life. So feeling with myself and lack of will power I decided to join. I am more of a reader than a poster but did want to express a very big thank you to all of you who are writing and providing encouragement , recipes and support.
jamdfour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 02:02 PM   #763
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Tatjana
WOE: LCHF
Getting back on track!

Hi, I am Tatjana. I have been doing Low carb for a some time and I joined her to get back on track after a way to long and sweet christmas.
I do need some inspiration and motivation and from what I have seen this seems to be the right plasce to be.
Tatjana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 04:17 PM   #764
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: annan
Hello!
I'm Anna I'm 19 and 5'6 and 145 lbs. I would like to achieve my goal weight of around 130-125. I decided to low carb about two weeks ago and I feel great! I have been keeping my carb intake under 20g some days and under 15 others (probably even lower than that because I do not factor net carbs). I am planning on increasing my water intake tomorrow because I usually only drink around three glasses a day. I am very excited to have found this forum and am excited to continue on my low carb journey!
annan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 07:20 AM   #765
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Sjanette
WOE: Low Carb/Keto, minimum on gluten and sugarfree
Start Date: August 2013
Hi to you all!! I'm Sjanette, 37 years and live in The Netherlands. I've started with my lc/keto, gluten- and sugarfree diet in August 2013 I think. At first it was for lowering my bodyfat, but then I noticed some BIG changes in my health! No more depressions!!! wahoo!! Much more energy, don't mind that I'm alive!
So that's why I'm staying on this diet! I feel alive again!
Sjanette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 09:58 AM   #766
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: BubblyRen
Stats: 253/210/feeling healthy!, 5'5", 26
WOE: Generic LC
Start Date: 12/31/13
Hi! I'm new (very new)! My name's Lauren, I'm 26 and live in South Carolina. I just started eating low carb last Tuesday. I have just been feeling very "blah" and unhealthy and decided it was time to make a change! Even though it hasn't been very long I am already feeling better-- more energy, less groggy and unmotivated. Still it's a little hard to not feel discouraged when I have such a long way to go. I have never succesfully dieted in my entire life, so I'm hoping a supportive community like this will make all the difference.
BubblyRen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 01:44 PM   #767
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: bws_57
Stats: 199/192/182
WOE: Atkins/Protein Power
Start Date: 1/3/2014
Starting again

I just joined the site and started Atkins Induction today. I have used Protein Power in the past and have been successful at it, but slipped off over a year ago and have regained most of what I have lost. I know I can be successful at this, but wanted to join a forum so I can remind myself to keep at it. The last time I dieted I started at 206 and reached my goal of 180 after 12 months. My downfall started when me and my wife went to Paris for our 25th wedding anniversary. We knew we would fall off during our trip, but never really got back on after we returned from the fabulous trip. We kind of became addicted to baguettes. We didn't eat them all the time but since we have an excellent french bakery close to our condo in Portland, we would have "French" night once a week. The chacuterie was ok (patte, salami, cheese), but the baguettes were the killer.

I am relatively active, since I bike to work a couple of times a week, walk 18 holes of golf at least 2 times a week, and walk our dogs every day. I am very good at following the diet, with one problem. We spend 3 days a week in Portland, OR and if you are familiar with Portland it is a foodie mecca. Many fantastic places to eat, with many in walking distance of our condo. And we enjoy eating out. But we are putting that off for a while to get started back on the plan. I think that after a month or 2 we will be able to go out and enjoy some of the excellent restaurants if we watch what we order closely and monitor our weight. I plan on starting a journal and will log that once we get started. Since there are many excellent small plate restaurants we can focus on meat and vegetable small plates and salads. Plus do all we can to avoid mexican resturaunts!
bws_57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 05:07 PM   #768

Gallery: Maryposa
Stats: 355/181.0/169
WOE: VSG + NK
Start Date: 1997; Recommit May 2007 @355; VSG March 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimberlylhn View Post
I signed up last night and started Atkins today. 10 years ago I had gastric bypass. Over the last 6 years I have been gradually gaining my weight back. I originally lost 105 lbs and have since gained 65lbs back. In a way Atkins is how I am suppose to be eating. Protein, Protein, Protein! Honestly my motivation is low so I am praying I can stick to this.
Kim
We have a WLS board here, We'd love to have you join us... some of us are years out from surgery, some are fighting regain, some are newly out of surgery.... it's not just all WLSers who are new and excited.... I myself am almost 4 years out and trying to lose a bit of regain.

Here's the January thread
https://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/w...ry-2014-a.html
Maryposa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 10:16 PM   #769
Junior LCF Member

Stats: 190
Start Date: 1/1/14
Still swinging.....

Hello everyone,
This is my first time posting and joining a support site. I used to weigh 250. My brother and I did the Atkins diet together and were successful for a year. I lost down to 155. However my brother opted to have gastric bypass, leaving me to low carb alone. Sadly, I now weigh 190. I have struggled to stay on a Low cab diet, never making it more than five days in a row without totally going into carb rampages and binges like nobody's business. So now I decided to try to gain some support buddies and show my brother I still have what it takes to successfully lose weight without surgery! The Atkins diet is the only diet I have succeeded on in breaking my food addiction, and being able to make it through the days without being so carb loaded I'd take candy from a baby. So with that I say "hello, my name is Amber and I am a carbohydrate addict."
#nolongeraddicted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 10:27 PM   #770
Junior LCF Member

I have been wanting to read that book!! I saw her on an interview and she gave some tips that we're really helpful just in those few minuets she was on. Thanks for reminding me! Holidays totally distracted me from getting it.

The shift by Tory Johnson

Last edited by #nolongeraddicted; 01-03-2014 at 10:36 PM..
Old 01-04-2014, 09:51 AM   #771
Pat
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Pat
Hi. I started Atkins 3 weeks ago. I lost 4 lbs first week then stalled. Can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. I'm new to this board. Not sure how to navigate and get help. THANKS!! Pat.
Pat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 10:20 AM   #772
Junior LCF Member

Pat, sounds like you were on the right track at the start. I have found that if I keep a food diary I can discover what I am eating thats a hidden carb culprit. Everyone is individual and some of us cannot eat what others can get away with. You must be getting some extra carbs somewhere. Don't lose heart. Stuck with the plan, I know it works.
Old 01-04-2014, 10:28 AM   #773
Pat
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Pat
Thank you for responding. Yesterday I ate scrambled eggs with hamburger meat in it. For lunch I had a salad with blue cheese dressing. Last night I had a hamburger with asparagus. I drink coffee with heavy cream and splenda. And I drank lots of water. I had low carb cheesecake that I made with splendid
. This is a typical day. Sometimes I have cheese or a different low carb veg like broccoli. Does anything seem not good for the diet? I appreciate all the feedback. Thanks!
Pat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 11:47 AM   #774

Gallery: Maryposa
Stats: 355/181.0/169
WOE: VSG + NK
Start Date: 1997; Recommit May 2007 @355; VSG March 2010
Pat you might want to post your diet questions on the main lobby as a new thread. You'll probably get lots more responses that way. Let me know if you need help.
Maryposa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 03:26 PM   #775
Junior LCF Member

Pat, heavy cream and splenda stalled me. Well.... I used a ton of it in my coffee. But it was a problem so I cut them both out. Then I was good again. Also while I am in induction I cut out "sweets". They always made me crave more and I would end up going over.
Old 01-04-2014, 03:47 PM   #776
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: TheWindCriesMary
Stats: 230/218/160
WOE: Low carb vegetarian
Start Date: January 1, 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger's Mom View Post
I just finished reading Tory Johnson's book, The Shift, and I'm ready to start low-carbing, too! I've cleaned out my pantry and fridge, I'm stocking up on low-carb foods, and even dusted off the treadmill!

Here I go!

Ranger's Mom
I just recently read "The Shift" too. I liked how she didn't really talk about her diet plan too much but more focused on the mental part of dieting. I think that's what is the most difficult part for most of us!
TheWindCriesMary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 06:58 PM   #777
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: steelelori
Stats: 187.8/183.8/135
WOE: Modified Atkins/Lower carb
Start Date: 1/3/2014
Back again...

Hello all,
Just wanted to say hi and that I'm back again... I now weigh the heaviest I have in my life except for immediatly postpartum. Had quite a few ups and downs over the last 4 years and just realized how much weight I had gained after having to buy larger scrubs for work plus I no longer liked how I looked in photographs. So here's to a new year and a new me. Good bye fat hello steak.
steelelori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 05:36 AM   #778
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Kimbersh47
Stats: 5'5" 330/231/149
WOE: Atkins '72
Start Date: January 2, 2014
Hi! I did Atkins years ago and was quite successful with it but life happened and I let it interfere with my WOE. I am glad I found this board so that I can get some support while on this journey.
Kimbersh47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 08:56 AM   #779
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: jen1492
Stats: 170/170/140
WOE: low carb and gluten free
Start Date: January 2014

Hey everyone I am one of the newest members here. I have tried all low fat, low calorie, kill yourself exercise programs and have only gained more and more weight. I have tried low carb several times but have only lasted 2 weeks at the most. I find the theory of low fat/low calorie shouts in my head and I go back to trying that to lose the weight that way. Of course it didn't work and now I am desperate to lose the weight. I am on the verge of being pre-diabetic and have pre-hypertension. I also suffer from acid reflux, IBS, headaches, joint pain, and other ailments. I am only 44 years old and at 5'5" weigh in at 170lbs. I am here looking for support and a program that actually works....

Any support would be greatly appreciated!!!
jen1492 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 05:38 PM   #780
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Fujette
Hi from Green Bay Wisconsin

Hi. I'm Shellie. I've lurked from time to time on Low Carb Friends, but decided that at this time I could use a little support.
I have had a weight problem my whole life since puberty (I'm now in my mid-40's). I lost about 30 pounds doing Atkins around 15 years ago. Since then I've been diagnosed with Celiac Disease (around 9 years ago) and most recently Diabetes. I was able to lose 25 pounds (Atkins) in 3 months (September - November 2013) and got my blood sugar under control, so I am not on any meds for the Diabetes.
I gave myself somewhat of a break over the holidays and now am going to get back at it full force.
I find that I only lose weight doing the Induction phase of Atkins. Are there others with this same issue? Once I go above 20-25 grams of carbs there is no weight loss.

Thanks!!
Fujette is offline   Reply With Quote