LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-22-2013, 07:34 PM   #721
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: syrasong
Stats: 268/265/168
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: November 2013
Hi everyone!

My name is Syra, and today is my third day on induction.

I wasn't able to get all of the induction foods I needed, but I'm doing pretty much ok.

I did have a rough night last night, I ate two pieces of pizza and a 1" strip of danish. I got back on plan today though.

Today I had 14.8g of carbs, 113.7g of protein, 117.1g of fat and 1,584 calories.

I'm trying hard to drink my water, I'm a coffee lover, but I'm trying to be more aware of needing to drink water.

I wanted to say hello in the community after lurking for a few days.

My weight loss goal is 100lbs in one year. So far I am down 3lbs but we'll see when a full week has passed. I think I'll have a much better idea then of a weekly loss, but I'd like to see 4 lbs this week since I do know that the first week or so is mostly water loss. After that I'm aiming for 2lbs a week.

The other thing I want to do is start to be more active. I have arthritis and can't walk a lot, and I'm hoping that the weight loss will help my joints too.

Nice to meet all of you!
syrasong is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-22-2013, 10:22 PM   #722
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: KaisMama
Stats: 219/206/healthy
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 01/01/14
Hey everyone.

My name is Cole. I'm a 29 year old female who has spent the better part of 10 years being overweight and then obese.

I am 5'5" and 219 lbs. which I've hovered around for the past 5 years. I asked my son to give up playing video games for 30 days and in turn I'm giving up sugar. If you knew me, you would know how incredibly hard that's going to be.

I have a history of insulin resistance, a great deal of my fat is concentrated in my abdomen. I went on Atkins before and consistenly lost 3-5 pounds a week. My ketosticks were always very dark and I would go into ketosis and stay into ketosis almost immediately (if there's a term for that somebody let me know what it is) my body doesnt like carbs, and once I eliminate them I drop weight quickly.

I will be 30 next summer and I want to spend my birthday in a happy, healthy body. I don't care to be skinny, unless that's what my body chooses, but I just want to be able to run, jump and play.

I guess I never saw low carb as a sustainable way of life, but I don't really have a choice but to make it work. Sugar is slowly killing me :/

I'm glad to meet you all and will be posting with all my questions.

Thanks and God Bless.

Cole
KaisMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 03:43 AM   #723
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: LoCarbNewbie
Stats: 136/126/119
WOE: Low carb ~50-70g/day
Start Date: 26th October 2013
Hi all,
Congrats to Cole for getting back into low carb - here's to making it a way of life from here on out right? Keep going!!
This is my first time on a forum of any kind never mind low carb. I'm 5 weeks into low carb and somewhere around the 'ongoing weight loss' phase of Atkins. I've lost 9 or 10lbs so far. Boyfriend is also on this new 'way of eating' and has lost lots too. We both feel great, lots more energy so once we hit out targets we gotta find a way of keeping it our WOE. I have to say this week has been really tough. Struggling with serious fatigue and not working out very well at the gym either. From reading the candida thread it seems I may be in the "die off" phase so I'm trying to power through. Either that or I'm eating too much cheese and making it worse, I don't know!!
LoCarbNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 08:53 AM   #724
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: HiTekRedNeck
Stats: 550/505/250
WOE: LC Paleo
Start Date: 11/29/2013
And again.

Im D.

This is my second time around. I got a handle on this once before, with help from a lot of people right here, when I was in my early 30s dropping from 490 down to around 350 (which for me, at 6'7" with a Clydesdale frame was pretty fit). Then I got married, had a kid, went to grad school while working full time, and then started a business while working full time.... I am winding that all down because my health will simply no longer allow it.

Now Im 45, at 505, down from 550, and needing to reinvent this process. I am now diabetic, have considerably less muscle mass than I used to, really bad lower back/hips, knees/ankles, feet, and I have probably aged 20 years in the last 10 from stress and working 80 hours a week.

The good news is that Im down to about 60 hours a week. The bad news is that since I have some debt to pay off, that isn't going to go down appreciably for at least a year, and I no longer want to wait. I don't think I can put this off much longer without having some serious consequences.

I could use some advice from some of you who have done this with busy lives in your 40s, without access to a gymn, or a real kitchen... or a car, LOL, how you made it happen.

The plan right now is to focus on one pot, crockpot meals, canned veg and avocados. Stay super low carb, fill the crockpot at bedtime and empty it in the morning for breakfast/lunch/dinner.

Exercise... well, I already walk 2-3 miles a day, and the pain is off the rails. I have tried body weight calisthenics and the joints just cant handle it. At this point my plan is to focus on what I put in my face for a month or two, so I can get the body weight down 50+ lbs, and gradually reintroduce squats, pushups, etc.

I would like to get back to where I can carry myself, hike, camp, do jujutsu, and work physically all day again. I suspect that at 45, that is around 250, and I'll probably have to lean out a bit more once as I age to keep active...

I could use someone to keep me honest. If you have something in common (age, size, busy life, broke as hell, etc.) please hit me up. Let's keep each other going.

I could really use some ideas on how to do very simple paleo oriented crockpot cooking. By simple I mean one pot, eat it all day, have it be nutritionally balanced, and filling, and low carb. I think it can be done. I just have to figure out how. I have only 30 min a day to cook sometimes and I have to make that count.

I could really use some ideas on how to rebuild some muscle mass without a gymn membership, and with really bad joints. None of the things I used to able to do work now. I have to relearn everything.

That's it. I hope to report good progress over the next year or two. The alternative would suck.

Last edited by HiTekRedNeck; 11-29-2013 at 08:55 AM..
HiTekRedNeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 07:59 PM   #725
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: dreams skinny
Stats: 263/???/125
WOE: Atkins72 (20 or less)
Start Date: Restart Oct . 2013/restart April 1, 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCarbNewbie View Post
Hi all,
Congrats to Cole for getting back into low carb - here's to making it a way of life from here on out right? Keep going!!
This is my first time on a forum of any kind never mind low carb. I'm 5 weeks into low carb and somewhere around the 'ongoing weight loss' phase of Atkins. I've lost 9 or 10lbs so far. Boyfriend is also on this new 'way of eating' and has lost lots too. We both feel great, lots more energy so once we hit out targets we gotta find a way of keeping it our WOE. I have to say this week has been really tough. Struggling with serious fatigue and not working out very well at the gym either. From reading the candida thread it seems I may be in the "die off" phase so I'm trying to power through. Either that or I'm eating too much cheese and making it worse, I don't know!!
Yes that wonderful cheese, that I love so much , will mess some things up !
dreams skinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 09:47 AM   #726
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: gofigr
Stats: 233/197/160
WOE: <20 carb
Start Date: Summer 2013
Hello all you brave and friendly folks!
I'm Gofigr (Harry) and I live in rural north central MN. I'm 61, twice married (2K) and now live a low stress life style in a man cave with my brother. I like fishing, sausage making, smoking meats, shooting sports and doing nothing (I consider it an activity).
I have been a cook by trade most of my life and my curious and independent nature leads me to research alot of low carb recipes. This site comes up alot in my research,
so I joined.

I find regimented diet plans allow me to lose weight but don't change my habits, but I love meats and veg so I just started cutting carbs. This worked for 15 lbs...then the wall, and even a bit of gain (egad). I added more water, dragged out the recumbent, went to <20 carbs and am losing again. Currently 233/217/160 at 5'4" with the confidence that I can meke this work for the long term.
gofigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 05:48 PM   #727
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: liannatx
WOE: low carb
Start Date: Dec2
I am starting today! I have low carbed in the past with good success, but for whatever reason slipped out of it. I am starting induction in the morning! I have a sausage, egg, cheese casserole in the oven for my breakfasts and have my lunches for the week planned. I am PCOS and Insulin Resistant and KNOW that low carb works well for me, and that I gain/maintain easily on a higher carb WOE.

I look forward to the support and meal ideas that I hope come with joining here!
liannatx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 08:09 PM   #728
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: mmnix
Stats: 202/196/152
WOE: LCHF/IF
Start Date: November 2013
I'm new, be nice.

I am exactly the same as liannatx above- PCOS, know that carbs are not my friend, have steadily been putting on weight for years. Was at my heaviest EVER two weeks ago- including when I was nine months pregnant with my third child... very bad. I am a little ashamed of myself.

Years ago I lost 15kg (sorry the imperial conversion is not natural for me yet!) just by giving up bread. So I thought I would investigate this WOE. I keep coming across the posts on these boards- so much good advice and so many ideas. So I have sucked it up, and registered. I hope that it will give me the motivation I need to persist.

Wish me luck!
mmnix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 09:35 PM   #729
Administrator

Gallery: cheri
Stats: 150 + pounds lost - 4' 11"
Welcome and good luck all you newbies!! I am sure that you will find this site is really great for information and support! Jump in and ask questions.. and if you feel a weak moment coming on be sure to come and start posting!!

cheri
cheri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 10:20 AM   #730
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Outlander1974
Stats: 275.4/270/165
WOE: Atkins Inducton and EFLW
Start Date: 12/1/2013
Finally Ready to Lose!

Hi! I've been a lurker here for several years, but I'm really ready to get going on this program for the final time! I don't want to be fat and 40! So I've got 7 months to give this program everything that I have!

A couple of things that I'm doing differently:
  • Bought a Check freezer to I can cook extra
  • Chop up lettuce on a weekly basis so I have a salad ready at every meal
  • Bought a Fryer so I can learn how to fry foods appropriately

I'm a single person, no kids, but I work in an extremely stressful industry, and have had a really difficult time sticking to any diet. I've stocked up at both Sam's and Costco, so I feel that I'm really ready to start this for the final time.

The most signficant thing I've learned through my many previous attempts is:

Fail to Plan, Plan to Fail

I have to have multiple food options around the house at all times, or else I'll just go eat out and cheat on my WOL.

I'm also struggling with the lack of potatos with my steaks, but will hopefully get a cauliflower recipe that I can live with soon.

I'm going to start posting pictures of my meals in the journal section tomorrow, so check me out there.

Thanks so much for all the information people post here - its been a lifesaver!
Outlander1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 05:06 PM   #731
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: phonelady61
Start Date: august 2013
Hi all Im cathy aka phonelady61. I live in the midwest but will be moving in 4 months to the south and Im going to love it ...I own two chis or should I say they own me . I started this journey at 209 I have now lost 26 lbs and Im keeping on until im at my ideal weight and i did all this being vegetarian ...
phonelady61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 07:59 PM   #732
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Loseitgirl!
Returning to Low Carb

Hi Everyone!!

I have tried Atkins twice before with good results. Boredom with the diet and periods of weakness prompted me to stop. Most of the time I felt great and most importantly was able to control my diet. Looking forward to meeting new low carb friends.
Loseitgirl! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 08:49 AM   #733
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: LowCarbNoob
Stats: 270/257/130
WOE: Atkins Induction
Start Date: December 2013
Hi there! My name is Katy and I'm super new to this. I'm just beginning my low carb diet, I'm sticking with Atkins for right now. I'm kinda nervous nothing is gonna happen! Low carb seems too good to be true!
LowCarbNoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 05:03 PM   #734
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: CuriousCat
Stats: 215/149/145-135 range or lower
WOE: LCHF under 20gms total carbs
Start Date: 11/21/13
Hi, I'm new to low carb eating, only 2wks in but feeling good.

I have been a type 2 diabetic for several years but had little or no problem keeping my glucose levels under control with diet only until this past year. I actually went from July to November not checking my blood sugar because I was busy (trip to Alaska) then a very busy period, then I was just wrung out and sick as a dog for a couple months and not thinking.

Well I pulled out my meter when I realized how long it had been since I'd checked and really expected it to read where it always does but got a shock. 517. Suddenly the being sick made sense and here I was with no insurance. Instant web search and diet change commenced.

I have had totally normal blood sugars for the past several days, not diabetic normal, non diabetic normal. I had to quit one of my blood pressure meds because my blood pressures were so low. Tons of energy. Clearer thinking. I am SOLD.
CuriousCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 04:30 AM   #735
Junior LCF Member

Stats: 140kg
WOE: LCHF (in general)
Start Date: Feb 2013
Hi, I'm Rainbow.

I'm female, 26 yo, and weigh 140kg (308lb).

I have sinus tachycardia, a premature heartbeat, a bad back, a gluten intolerance with a host of unpleasant side effects, and over 70kg (150b+) to lose to get to a healthy weight. (Ironically, I have a perfectly healthy blood pressure and I'm not even pre-diabetic.)

LCHF and gluten free has so far been the only diet that has ever made any difference in my weight. I'm about to make it LCHF, gluten free, and low to no dairy as well, because I suspect the dairy is aggravating the gluten intolerance.

It's a struggle, but every time I fall off the wagon, I get back on, and I get a little better each time.
TheRainbowAlicorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 08:18 PM   #736
Junior LCF Member

Stats: 280/280/160
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: Dec 8th 2013
Introduction

Hey!
CaribbeanLowCarber here. How are we all doing? I'm from the Islands, Cayman Islands to be exact.

Anyway im a returning low carber. I did a lean version back in the 90's and lost a bunch of weight. Now i'm diabetic and trying to get everything back in order. I started again on Sunday December 8th..I doing the Atkins induction/ketogenic version this time. Increased my fats. Feeling great and not having any cravings whatsoever.

A big basket came to the office yesterday (an xmas gift from a client). I is filled with a bunch of sweet stuff. I never even had an interest or felt a crave. This I am really happy about.

Anyway just making my self known here. Feel free to hit me up.

Let loose some weight!!
CaribbeanLowCarber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 01:08 PM   #737
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: itsmejessica
Start Date: restart DEC 2013
My name is Jessica, I joined last dec. by April I had jumped back to carbs. I am trying it again. I know one thing that help me fail last time , I was to quick to try to add carbs at first it was small things like lc tortillas or carbquick . that led me to want real carbs not blaming the products, I should know my body and I don't think I can do any "carbs because it sends me down a spiral. My alcohol intake was/is a problem but Im working on that too. So just wanted to say hi.
itsmejessica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 01:52 PM   #738
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Rivergirl
Stats: 188/186/154
WOE: New to NK
Start Date: Jan 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiTekRedNeck View Post

I could use someone to keep me honest. If you have something in common (age, size, busy life, broke as hell, etc.) please hit me up. Let's keep each other going.

I could really use some ideas on how to do very simple paleo oriented crockpot cooking. By simple I mean one pot, eat it all day, have it be nutritionally balanced, and filling, and low carb. I think it can be done. I just have to figure out how. I have only 30 min a day to cook sometimes and I have to make that count.
Hello D, and everyone.

My name is B (that's what most people call me, anyway) and I live in Wales in the UK. I'm a 5'8" female, married to a man who can eat exactly what he wants with no effect on his lithe frame whilst I gain weight by looking at food. I'm 44, we're trying (okay, a little late) to start a family and although I conceived successfully in August I miscarried at 9 weeks. I'm 190lbs and on the top end of the "overweight" BMI index for my height.

I lost 56lb five years ago with WW but gradually the weight crept back on despite being reasonably active. I have that 56lbs to lose again now to get back to "fighting" weight. I've been doing "The Harcombe Diet" (based in South Wales, Uk, Zoe Harcombe's diet is based on three premises; don't eat processed foods, don't mix fats and carbs in the same meal, and don't eat foods that cause your food cravings through one of 3 medical conditions (candida, hypoglycaemia and food intolerance)). This diet works for me, apart from the fact that I think I'm carb sensitive, so I want to try cutting down carbs. I'm really interested in combining low-carb with Paleo and eating seasonal foods. Back to basics.

I walk a lot (we have some small mountains in the region and a small Jack Russell Terrier that just doesn't stop, so these things combined get me out a bit). I do Kettlebells exercises but have tendonitis in my knee so need to let that heal.

D, your story struck a chord with me for some reason. I have a few things in common with you. Age, a desire to lose weight, pain when exercising, a love of the outdoors, and newness to low-carbing. I don't have diabetes but I do volunteer with a charity called Medical Detection Dogs, and what we do is train dogs to alert their Type I human partners to the onset of change in blood sugar. I have a full time job too and I work more hours than I should, although I'm trying to cut that down. I have a couple of one-pot recipes I can share with you from the Harcombe Diet if that would help and I'm trying a new theory of cooking in batches and freezing portions.

Let's face it, this latter isn't rocket science but it's new to me (with the added complication that the only green thing my husband will eat is pistachio ice-cream so we often have to have two variations of the same meal). I've just cooked a batch of carb & low-carb cottage pie. My OH's was topped with mashed potato and mine with mashed cauliflower, both with cheddar cheese topping. Sublime, and two days' meals banked.

I'd love to be one of those to help "keep you honest" if you'll do the same for me. I'm struggling with getting my mindset right, with all the mince pies and chocolates and mulled wine (just a half-cup) on offer in the office and at home (because I can't force everyone else to eat like me!).

Here's hoping, and planning...

Last edited by Rivergirl; 12-18-2013 at 02:03 PM.. Reason: Missing quote
Rivergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 08:22 PM   #739
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: paranorma
Start Date: DEC 25,2013
hi everyone im paranorma I really enjoy lurking at this site. decided to give it another shot
paranorma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 04:27 PM   #740
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: tannngl
WOE: Low Carb <60, gluten free
Start Date: Low carb 1996/ Gluten free Nov, 2013
Hi from PA

I am a retired RN. When I retired 15 years ago, I quit smoking, and started through menopause. ..and gained 50 pounds.

I started Atkins soon after I hit the extra 50 and read Atkins' book. As an RN who had worked in cardiology, I had my doubts about this diet but what the doc said made so much sense. Heart attacks were almost unheard of before the 1900's. And that was when simple sugar became so plentiful and cheap.

So, I started the diet, both my husband and I. I lost the 50 but he had trouble staying on it.

Over the years since, I have been on it and off of it. I recently cared for my mom for 5 years and she died this past September. I had gained weight again but have gotten back on LC and gluten free. In the last few months I have lost 20 pounds. Got a little way to go, not far, maybe 10 pounds but my goals are much more than weight loss.

With the health care worries for my husband and I, we want to be as healthy as possible so we don't need to rely on doctors and hospitals very much.

I read a book recently: Grain Brain by David Perlmutter, MD.
He touts LC but absolutely insists that the gluten we eat today is Frankengluten (my word-not his), not what our ancestors ate long ago. It's over processed and poisonous to us.

So, he has convinced me to avoid gluten and have gluten sensitivities blood work done which we will do in January.

All I can say is it looks like fat is where it's at.

Anxious to read these threads and join you.
tannngl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 11:57 AM   #741
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: rosyfuture
Stats: 165/163/130
WOE: LCHF
Hello from BC Canada

Hi everyone, my name is Sheri.

I have done this WOE a few times before, always with good success. I have started again as of Dec. 8. Lost a few pounds, but I think I started tweaking too soon lol and am already plateauing. I am still motivated though, so I will continue on!
rosyfuture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 05:17 PM   #742
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: charitysmom1029
Stats: 40 yrs. old-166/154/110-5'2"-HIGHEST WEIGHT 226
WOE: calorie restricted ketogenic -0 carbs
Start Date: 1/8/2014
I am so glad that this subject is here. I wish I knew how to post a new thread altogether but I don't yet. I truly believe in the low carb lifestyle due to the fat that it has helped me lose 87 pounds in the last 3 years. I have gained back 30 of it due to not low carbing and not working out. I have also done juicing and have to admit that I never felt better in my life! I have decided to adopt the vegan woe once again because I have had success in the past with it. Here is my issue. PROTEIN! My other issue is I hate to cook. If I didn't have a husband (who is a typical American diet eater). I would have nothing in my kitchen but a fridge in order to store my veggies. I am not partial to fruit either. Food has always been a huge inconvenience to me. Meaning I just want to fill the void (hunger). It is easy to eat junk just because it comes in a box or a can. However, now I want to change things. I have never been a breakfast eater and usually don't consider food until around 3 p.m every day. I have fasted for days on end and usually will fast at least 2-3 days a week just because of the inconvenience of the kitchen. I guess what I'm getting at here is.....considering I am fasting a lot of the time anyway, can I et an adequate amount of protein from just raw veggies and nothing else? If not can I compensate with a vegan protein powder and a multi-vitamin? My dream would be too eat only raw veggies, drink some protein a couple of times a day and take a vitamin supplement in tablet or liquid form. I have searched endlessly on the internet for people who just eat raw veggies and can find nothing. I have had many people say wow really? Don't you like food? The truth is it has never really impressed me much. If there is someone who can relate to me here please let me know. Also, if anyone could tell me how to post a new thread that would also be helpful. Thank you
charitysmom1029 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 08:32 AM   #743
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: LowGabby21
First Time Low Carb

Hi, I am a 21 year old who is over 450 pounds heading on to 500 pounds. I am looking to customize my diet and low carb is a good place to start. I am on a long journey to lose 300 pounds and become the new fit and healthy me and i welcome and ask for all your support and advice.
LowGabby21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 11:01 AM   #744
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Rivergirl
Stats: 188/186/154
WOE: New to NK
Start Date: Jan 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by charitysmom1029 View Post
My dream would be too eat only raw veggies, drink some protein a couple of times a day and take a vitamin supplement in tablet or liquid form. I have searched endlessly on the internet for people who just eat raw veggies and can find nothing.
Charity's mom if you google "raw food diet" you might find some helpful resources. I did raw food diet for a while but I like meat - and not raw - too much! Good luck.
Rivergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 08:33 PM   #745
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Frogtalk
WOE: Very Low Carb
Start Date: May 16, 2012
Hi! I am brand new here (only found out about the site today) and hoping that some of my questions about low carb foods can be answered. I am on a Very Low Carb diet (>10% of my caloric intake is carbs), and so far have lost about 35 lbs and 13 inches.

Looking forward to getting to know you
Frogtalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 11:49 AM   #746
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: irenej44
Hello

Hi,

I am Irene and have decided to try low carb dieting again. I did low carb about 10 yrs ago and had lost 25 lbs. I of course gained most of it back when I went off the diet. I have tried other diets like low calorie and weight watchers. Would lose a little then get burnt out on them. I seem to have best results with low carb so here I go again with it. I also joined Curves so hopefully I will have great success. I plan on starting this tomorrow Sat 12-28-13.

WISH ME LUCK!
irenej44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 12:23 AM   #747
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kjwalsh
Stats: 205/150/140
WOE: low carb
Start Date: January 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by irenej44 View Post

WISH ME LUCK!
Good Luck Irene & all the "Newbies" !!! Here's to 2014 and a great New Year

kjwalsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 08:51 AM   #748
Administrator

Gallery: Dottie

This is a large site, so take some time to look around
Main Lowcarb Lobby - Low Carb Friends
For general dieting questions
Weight Loss Plans - Low Carb Friends
For a variety of different plans - check for a sub-forum for the plan you're on
LCF has a HUGE recipe forum, member driven by some wonderfully creative cooks
Lowcarb Recipe Help & Suggestions - Low Carb Friends
Question about supplements?
Vitamins and Supplements - Low Carb Friends
Need a little non-diet fun?
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lounge/
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/game-room/
Not quite sure where or what? Join a Challenge with like-minded members
Low Carb Challenges! - Low Carb Friends
Want to document your journey?
Weight Loss Journals - Low Carb Friends
And many more
Any time you have a question, please don't hesitate to contact the site:
LowCarbFriends.com Contact Form

Oh and please, do take a moment and read the "announcements" and other "stickies" pertaining to site rules

http://www.onlineconversion.com/ <-- cooking and other conversions

Need to contact LCF?
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/contact.html

Everyone has an opinion. Take what you need and leave the rest.

2014 resolution: stop being my own worst enemy and critic!
Dottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 08:50 AM   #749
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: LoKeck
Stats: 178/155
WOE: moderate carbs
Hello everybody

all my friends call me Lo, i'm 25 and happily married. In 2013, a little before my 25th birthday i've learned i have a brain tumor, and things got really bad. After a month or two, i was finally able to see a endocrinologist that put me on track of my disease but also raised a couple of other concerns, diabetes and thyroid (both of them are hereditary, thanks to my grandparents ). that's when he recommended me to start a low carb diet. I've been eating healthier since then, but now i feel like i should go ahead and be even more serious about it.
LoKeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 01:25 PM   #750
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: irenej44
THANK YOU! I have told my best friend about this and we are going to do this diet together. She is in Ca. and I am in Mo. We be each others support systems, which I think will help us both out.

Last edited by irenej44; 12-29-2013 at 01:29 PM..
irenej44 is offline   Reply With Quote