Old 02-06-2013, 04:52 PM   #31
JWR
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: JWR
Stats: 210/186/175
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: March 2009
Hello

I am brand new to the forum but have looked at recipes on here for years.
I have been on a low carb lifestyle for almost 4 years and I love it.
I feel great all day long with little to no cravings for carb rich foods. I have found the more you eat starchy foods, the more you want starchy foods. My weight has been stable for the most part and that is the way I would like to keep it.
Thanks for everything,
Justin
JWR is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-06-2013, 05:50 PM   #32
Chatty Cathy

Gallery: clackley
Stats: 228.5/168/125
WOE: N.K.=vlc/hf/moderate protein & organic/pastured
Start Date: Restart Oct 18 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecloude1 View Post
clackley....Thanks for the suggestion! I will have to download that on my IPad and read it
Great! I woulld love to hear what you think of it when you are done reading it.
clackley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 06:03 PM   #33
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mamabat
Stats: 226/161/135
Start Date: January 8 2013
Hello all!

I started Jan. 8 - I've been reading here the whole time, but, this is my first post.
This board has been very helpful, and I'm looking forward to sticking around and getting great tips on this journey.

Since the 8th I've went from barely eating any meat at all, to this. But, I had one of those light bulb moments where something just clicked and I knew that I needed to make a radical change, and really re-think the way I was eating and what I was putting into my body. I am/WAS a total carb/sugar (OMG BAKED GOODS!) junkie, and it had to stop.

So here I am. I'm entering my 5th week, 17lbs down, and feeling really good.
mamabat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 06:29 PM   #34
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: jeannine
any one have good ideas on how to lose the weight on the atkins diet have been trying but no luck. Jeannine
jeannine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 07:32 PM   #35
Administrator

Gallery: Dottie

If you start a new topic outside this thread, you'll have better luck getting responses to your questions, since this isn't really a Q&A thread
Dottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 10:59 PM   #36
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Dee-L
Stats: 172/110/115
WOE: Atkins 2002
Start Date: June 5, 2012
Hello everyone! I've been following Atkins 2002 since June 5, 2012. When I started, I was 172 lbs and a size 16 (at 5'4"). My starting measurements were 40-37-43. In 4 months, I lost 60 lbs. now I am a size 00 and measuring at 31-23-31. I have successfully maintained this loss for 4 months (so far). I'm looking forward to meeting others who follow this way of eating (or similar).
Dee-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 10:07 AM   #37
Administrator

Gallery: Dottie
New members

LCF is a large site and it can be daunting to know where to post!
So to help facilitate you getting your questions answered, please do check all the boards
Here are just a few:

Main Lowcarb Lobby - Low Carb Friends is for general diet related questions.
The Weight Loss Plans - Low Carb Friends section has a bunch of individual boards for specific plans as well as an "other plans" section for ones not covered. Because there are always new plans (and some re-kindled older ones coming back in style) the other plans board is a great read
Low Carb Challenges! - Low Carb Friends where you can find a group of other members with your same goals
Lowcarb Recipe Help & Suggestions - Low Carb Friends LCF has a huge, member driven recipes section
Medical questions? Health Support Groups - Low Carb Friends (but please, do not ask for or give medical advice as no one here can diagnose or treat you)
Want to talk about things other than diets? Check out the off-topic forums: http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/off-topic/
Weight Loss Journals - Low Carb Friends For personal journals (but keep in mind they are viewable by everyone, they are not private).
Just starting out? NEWBIE WEBPAGE....come take a look!

Now the technical stuff:
Terms of Service - Policy Modification
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ma...available.html
Low Carb Friends - Announcements in Forum : Main Lowcarb Lobby
And of course you may contact the site at any time: LowCarbFriends.com Contact Form

Also please be sure to check out the sponsor for all your supplements and low-carb product needs (and a whole bunch of other stuff!) http://www.netrition.com/low_carb_products_page.html
and have fun!

http://www.onlineconversion.com/ <-- cooking and other conversions

Need to contact LCF?
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/contact.html

Everyone has an opinion. Take what you need and leave the rest.

2014 resolution: stop being my own worst enemy and critic!
Dottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 01:35 PM   #38
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: MrsDickson
WOE: Unknown Right now
Aiming to get back on track!

Hi! I'm Crystal, I'm new to LCF. I actually found this page through the KMD book.

Technically I started Keto yesterday (2/7) but I believe I'm doing something wrong or I'm going too low on something. So I'm here for suggestions to figure that out as well as motivation to keep me going. This is my first time dieting, so it's new to me.

I'm a stay at home mom wife. My oldest is 3 1/2 and my youngest turns 1 tomorrow. I'm hoping to get my weight back on track and start living a healthy lifestyle
MrsDickson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 08:41 PM   #39
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Jeffs
Stats: 250 / 225 / 200
Start Date: Dec 2012

Just got diagnose with type 2 diabetes and am going to go the low carb diet for control. Reading a lot and trying some new recipes.
Jeffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 11:47 PM   #40
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: brandyelocini
WOE: Keto
Start Date: August 2012
Hi, I'm Brandy. I just started low carbing in August of last year but haven't been able to stay motivated. I have been able to keep off about ten pounds but gained it back through the holidays. I started again after the new year and started at 145, and now I'm at 141. My goal weight is 120 (I'm only 5'0 tall). I technically started extreme low carbing again a few days ago and am coming up on my third day of Ketosis.

I tend to not have any sort of appetite when I'm in Ketosis, and seriously want to puke every time I think of food so I just end up splurging on fast food or candy and keep going. I really want to stick with my diet this time, but I definitely need variety! I'm so sick of hotdogs, bacon and eggs...and chicken. There's only so many things you can do to switch it up!

Also, I do data entry so my job isn't physically demanding at all. I usually don't have time to work out besides basic weight exercises, and I also hate working out when I'm low carbing cause I usually don't feel very well!
brandyelocini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 07:07 AM   #41
Junior LCF Member

Hello...I am Sheri. I just started Medi Weightloss.....

I started the plan on Friday (4 days ago). I started at 182 lbs, and as of this am I am down, about 6 1/2 lbs, so I only have 43 1/2 lbs. to go...Yea!!! Has anyone else tried this plan? I would love to hear.....

Thanks,
Sheri
Wannabthinagain68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 08:26 AM   #42
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Rachel
Stats: 207/207/130
Start Date: Restart Sept 22, 2013
Hello Everyone

Introducing myself Rachel, 41 mother of 9 married for 25 almost 26 years. I lurked around the site for a few months before I joined. Really motivated me to gather my thoughts. After speaking to family dr and discussing that I am type 2 diabetic wanted to know if this would be a good idea. Doc gave his blessing he said with 30 pound loss he belives that I will be able to control blood sugar without any meds. Looking foward to that. Got six month extension before we start meds. have to have ALC in May and he said as long as it goes down he is willing to let me try. So I am on a mission of better health for me. I welcome all advice. That is the only way we learn.

Look foward to hearing from all of you.

Rachel
Rachel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 08:33 AM   #43
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wannabthinagain68 View Post
I started the plan on Friday (4 days ago). I started at 182 lbs, and as of this am I am down, about 6 1/2 lbs, so I only have 43 1/2 lbs. to go...Yea!!! Has anyone else tried this plan? I would love to hear.....

Thanks,
Sheri
Hello Sheri
I started on Feb 1, I a down 9 pounds. I am really excited and starting to feel confident in making this a realy success. Slow and steady seems to be the way to go. I would love to jouney with you . Just hit me up.

Rachel
Old 02-11-2013, 08:39 AM   #44
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: princessmommy
Stats: 207/184/145
WOE: Low Carb!
Start Date: May 21 Yet Again!
welcome Rachel!!!
princessmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 12:17 PM   #45
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Raleighwood
Hi everyone. I have a question about the stats I see listed in most everyone's information below their user names and avatars. I assume they are the starting/midpoint/end of something but can't figure out what. Are they weights that someone has already reached or are they weights/goals that each person has figured out they will meet along the way to their end goal?
Raleighwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 01:40 PM   #46
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raleighwood View Post
Hi everyone. I have a question about the stats I see listed in most everyone's information below their user names and avatars. I assume they are the starting/midpoint/end of something but can't figure out what. Are they weights that someone has already reached or are they weights/goals that each person has figured out they will meet along the way to their end goal?
Hello Raleighwood

Yes they are stats startring weight, current weight, and goal weight.

Rachel
Old 02-11-2013, 11:15 PM   #47
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: domin8trx
Stats: Too much/still too much/???
WOE: Atkins/LC
Hi everyone - I joined a while ago but have not had the nerve to introduce myself and really get involved. I love reading through the forums but am a novice at posting to threads and replying and well all of that stuff as well as LC lifestyle.

I'm really struggling right now and felt like this might be the best option in getting support and talking to like-minded and helpful individuals.

Looking forward to learning, sharing, and helping!
domin8trx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 06:08 AM   #48
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by domin8trx View Post
Hi everyone - I joined a while ago but have not had the nerve to introduce myself and really get involved. I love reading through the forums but am a novice at posting to threads and replying and well all of that stuff as well as LC lifestyle.

I'm really struggling right now and felt like this might be the best option in getting support and talking to like-minded and helpful individuals.

Looking forward to learning, sharing, and helping!
domin8trx

I am glad that you have introduced yourself. These post will encourage you at best to make the LC change work for you. I am sorry you are struggling, I am not sure if there is anything I can do, just ask if I can't help someone in this form can and will assist you.

Rachel

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ey-begins.html
Old 02-12-2013, 04:29 PM   #49
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: jessicaeprice
WOE: Metabolism Miracle
Start Date: February 2013
Hello Everyone,

1 week and 2 days into the metabolism miracle diet plan. My sister-in-law is a dietician and recommended this diet plan. She plans on doing it too but I recently moved out of state and am looking for support and ideas.
2012 was the worst year of my life.
I gave birth to my son December 2011.
In January of 2012 I had emergency surgery to remove my burst appendix.
In February of 2012 I lost my son unexpectedly to SIDS.
In June of 2012 I had my gallbladder removed.
I'm the heaviest I've ever been.
I'm trying to find happiness again and losing weight and becoming healthy is a step closer.
jessicaeprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 07:25 AM   #50
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessicaeprice View Post
Hello Everyone,

1 week and 2 days into the metabolism miracle diet plan. My sister-in-law is a dietician and recommended this diet plan. She plans on doing it too but I recently moved out of state and am looking for support and ideas.
2012 was the worst year of my life.
I gave birth to my son December 2011.
In January of 2012 I had emergency surgery to remove my burst appendix.
In February of 2012 I lost my son unexpectedly to SIDS.
In June of 2012 I had my gallbladder removed.
I'm the heaviest I've ever been.
I'm trying to find happiness again and losing weight and becoming healthy is a step closer.
Hello Jessicaeprice

Wow you have defiently had a whirl wind of sad episodes this past year. I am so sorry for your loss I know that there is no feeling like that ever. I pray that your heart is filled with happiness soon. I am here if you need support. One day at a time and slow and steady to finish this race. Life has a way of really knocking us down, and that is okay just dont stay down you have to stay in the fight. I look foward to sharing with my journey with you.

Rachel

HOW BAD DO YOU WANT IT

206/196.6/140

Old 02-13-2013, 08:38 AM   #51
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: shayd2000
Stats: 150
Hi everyone just joined today Im looking to start LC do to acid reflux issues I have been having. Someone told me to try lots of carbs and blane food but so far it has just made me worse. So I have read a few stories on here how LC helped them with there acid. The medications the doctor has put me on give me such bad side effects but Im sticking to them till me esophugas heals up. Then Im hoping LC will help so I would love to here from you guys if LC has helped your acid reflux.

Shannon
shayd2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 09:52 AM   #52
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Iheart
Stats: 190
WOE: Atkins/JUDDD
Start Date: Feb 14 2013
Hi I'm new. Im going to start a LCD/JUDDD tomorrow with green coffee extract and raspberry ketones. why not?

Starting at 190 lbs. I'll keep eveyone posted.
Iheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 03:06 PM   #53
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel View Post
Hello Jessicaeprice

Wow you have defiently had a whirl wind of sad episodes this past year. I am so sorry for your loss I know that there is no feeling like that ever. I pray that your heart is filled with happiness soon. I am here if you need support. One day at a time and slow and steady to finish this race. Life has a way of really knocking us down, and that is okay just dont stay down you have to stay in the fight. I look foward to sharing with my journey with you.

Rachel

HOW BAD DO YOU WANT IT

206/196.6/140

Rachel,

Thanks for the kind words and support.
Old 02-13-2013, 07:18 PM   #54
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: caloparr
Stats: 165
WOE: None
Start Date: February 2011
Hello!

Just heard about your group from Jenny Ruhl of Blood Sugar 101. Need to keep my carbs low at each meal so that my sugar level stays close to normal. Jenny recommended your site for low carb recipes. I'm kind of a lazy cooker but when I feel creative at times I come up with some interesting concoctions. I like trying out new vegetables and spices. Thanks for being here. I'm looking forward to it!
caloparr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 07:45 PM   #55
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by caloparr View Post
Just heard about your group from Jenny Ruhl of Blood Sugar 101. Need to keep my carbs low at each meal so that my sugar level stays close to normal. Jenny recommended your site for low carb recipes. I'm kind of a lazy cooker but when I feel creative at times I come up with some interesting concoctions. I like trying out new vegetables and spices. Thanks for being here. I'm looking forward to it!
Caloparr,

I recently found a new favorite substitute for mashed potatoes that I love.

Loaded Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes
- head of cauliflower
- bacon (I use turkey)
- sour cream (I use lite)
- cheese (I use low fat cheddar)

Chop and boil cauliflower until tender.
Drain cauliflower and transfer to blender/food processor and purée.
Add butter and salt.
Top with sour cream, bacon, and cheese.

By using a food processor the texture is closer to actual loaded mashed potatoes.

Good luck
Old 02-14-2013, 05:46 AM   #56
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: 1sweettea1
Stats: 267/156/130
WOE: ATKINS 72
Start Date: January 2013 after roux en y surgery Jan 2012
Hi all and Happy Valentine's Day!

I'm Louise but go by Sweetie (since birth back in the Stone Age) and am so glad to have found this site!

Looking forward to learning all I can about accepting the realities of this new lifestyle. I know that every day can't be perfectly balanced and disciplined but I am old enough to realize that good intentions won't do you any favors, either. This is a fight for a better life and making healthier choices is a fact that I no longer can play around with. No excuses, just go, fight win!
1sweettea1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 11:17 AM   #57
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Grammy1
Start Date: Feb 1st 2013
Atkins

Hi ,I started the lowcarb diet on Feb 1st 2013 and down 14 lbs . Just found this site and so happy to see others doing the same thing , we can all use the support of each other . I did this diet 15 yrs ago and lost 50 lbs . I was thrilled with my new weight ! I didn't gain any weight back for years untill 2008 when I became disabled due to a car accident . I ended up regaining 35 lbs and was at a loss on how to lose the weight when I have limited mobility . I had completely forgotten about the Atkins diet till trying everything else out there and failing miserably . I was about to give up and try to accept myself the way I was when I remembered how I lost the weight before so decided to re try the atkins way. Being in my 50's , I was skeptical it would work again but now know it does I use my treadmill 30 min a day now , it also helps my disability . I have my weight loss goal of 40 lbs . wish me luck .
Grammy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 01:36 PM   #58
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Lowcarbmommy
Stats: 196/189/155
WOE: Gluten free, low carb, sugar free
Introduction

Hi! I am 32 years old (almost 33!) and have a wonderful husband and 3 year old. Couldn't figure out what was wrong after the birth of our son and my PC recommended trying south beach. Lost weight initially and felt great until added whole grains back into diet. Took almost 2 years to realize that gluten was the main source of just about all problems (foggy brain, joint pain, migraines uncontrollable with medication, mood swings...to name a few). Have been gluten free for over a year and started low carb April 2012. Lost 25 pounds with gluten free and low carb and jumped off the low carb wagon at Thanksgiving...and just climbed back on! Have been a long time reader of these forums and have all 3 low Carbing Among Friends cookbooks! Excited about being a part of this community!
Lowcarbmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 06:32 AM   #59
Senior LCF Member

Lowcarbmommy, Grammy1, Sweetie, caloparr, Iheart, shayd2000. I pray that is fourm helps you gain the knowledge you need to be successful.

Rachel

Old 02-15-2013, 07:46 AM   #60
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: chumskie

Hi, so nice to have support and answers! Thanks
chumskie is offline   Reply With Quote