LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-14-2013, 05:58 PM   #481
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Mom2AandE
Stats: 237/177/140
WOE: Low Carb-due to PCOS
Start Date: May 25, 2013
Hi!

I am Jennifer and I am a wife and mother. My kids are 15 and 12 and I am a stay at home mom.

We live near Seattle and love to travel and go on cruises.

I was diagnosed with PCOS (Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome) about 20 years ago. I just recently started seeing a doctor who specializes in PCOS and she has me on an extreme low carb eating plan right now. I started the end of May at 239 pounds and high blood pressure/cholesterol etc. I eat 30 grams of carbs a day and a min. of 60 grams of protein a day. I have no calorie or fat limitations. As of this morning I am down 15 pounds with just changes in my diet. My bloat and most of my swelling are gone.

I found this site by searching for some low carb recipes so I look forward to expanding my choices.
Mom2AandE is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-15-2013, 01:01 AM   #482
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Mecca123
Stats: 249.2
Start Date: 2011
Hi my name mark suffered with my weight half my life piled on the weight after motor crash 27 years ago i was 12 stone before accident 2 years I tipped the scales at 28 stone I needed knee replacement but because of my weight they refused so I went go the gastric bypass route which I don't regret 6 months after gastric bypass I had my knee replacement and waiting to have another one done my weight caused so much damage to my body neck problems knees shoulder I'm 17.5 stone today I've put a little weight on since they took me off diabetic meds .so that's why I'm looking for low carb diets I was eating to many carbs any suggestions would be great if anybody else been in my shoes thanks

Last edited by Mecca123; 07-15-2013 at 01:02 AM..
Mecca123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 06:44 AM   #483
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: wweaver
New....again

Good morning,

I tried Atkins 15 years ago and as you can see I'm back. I tried WW and the weight just was a total slow go. I thought about the success I had on low carb and here I am. I have lost 10 lbs already and looking to lose 20 lbs more. I need continued support given that most of my friends do the low fat thing.
wweaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 08:49 AM   #484
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: heather_30lbs
Stats: 177 / 177 / 145
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 07/15/2013
newbie...saying hey!

hi all, i'm heather. i was on atkins back in 2003 - 2005, before i became pregnant with my son. all i can say is i've never felt better than i did back then, and never have been able to stay at my desired weight, like i did when i was consistently low carb.

so...i'm back now...i've had a few attempts over the last few years, but my commitment wasn't there. i'm joining this forum to stay motivated and to be reminded how well it works.

yesterday was day 1 for me on induction. i weighed in at 177 lbs. i would love to be 150 lbs, but 145 is even better. over the past two years, i've gone from a size 10 to a size 14 eating like crap, not exercising, etc. i'll be 39 soon, and know my metabolism is only getting slower with age.

i'm looking forward to this change and pray i can continue to be motivated as i am reminded of the endless rewards low carb eating has.

since it's only day 2 i'm beginning to feel light headed when i stand up after being seated, and i'm just feeling a bit 'woozy' in general. but, i know that passes, and when it does, it only gets better.

if anyone here wants to be a 'buddy' - maybe pair up and hold each other accountable, i'd totally be up for that kinda thing.

thanks in advance for reading. here's hoping to the loss of some poundage!
heather_30lbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 09:26 AM   #485
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: finallylosing
Stats: 206/135/I think I've reached it!
WOE: Bernstein
Start Date: May 2012
Hi. I found out in May 2012 that I was a type 2 diabetic and have been following Dr. Bernstein's diet ever since. Well, as close as I think I can! I have lost 63 lbs but more importantly have stabilized my blood sugars without any meds. I feel better than I have in many years. I found this Site looking for low carb recipes and have been lurking for a while. I still need to lose about another 30 lbs and have been following the nutritional ketosis thread and am having slow but steady success.
There is so much information on this site and it is so nice to be able to get so many ideas from everyone!
finallylosing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 09:30 AM   #486
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: CookieCrazy
Stats: 251/247/175
WOE: CADD / RM = lunch
Start Date: May 2014
Carbohydrate Addicts Diet ---Need Support Friends

Hey everyone!!! I just re-started CAD (Carbohydrate Addicts Diet, which is a book by Dr.Heller "seen on Oprah") I did it a year ago and dropped 12 lbs in a month , but had to stop due to a health problem (unrelated).

I really liked CAD so i started back on 7/14 and I could really use some friends so we can encourage eachother and share experiences!!!
CookieCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 06:45 AM   #487
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Crazy Cat
Stats: That's me on the left! 194.5/190/150. 54 & 5'5"
WOE: Lower carb-cutting back on wheat & refined sugar
Start Date: Restarting LC 7/17/13
Hi Everyone!
I'm not really a new member, but I've been off low carb for about a year and a half. I just had my yearly physical and my triglycerides and blood sugar are creeping back up. Sigh.
I'm going to be honest, I don't really like LC. I'm not a big meat eater & I hate to cook. I'm never going to be one of those people raving about how much they love the food on this woe, it's all easy peasy, cooking is so simple, etc. But I'm going to give it my best shot.
My mother was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes in her 40's, had stents put in her carotid arteries at 53, and had her first heart attack at 55. I'm 54 now so it's time to get serious.
Old 07-17-2013, 09:11 AM   #488
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: hubcapdude
Stats: 197/175.2/170
WOE: Low carb/high fat
Start Date: January 27, 2013
New Member with Questions/Concerns

Greetings from South Jersey

I started a low-carb high fat diet about a week before this year's Super Bowl game. As of now I have lost 22.2 pounds and I feel pretty good physically. My doctor has taken me off of Lipitor which I had been on for around 6 years. (5mg a day). While most of my blood test numbers are good, my LDL is currently at 220. It was 222 two months ago so there is little change. This has my doctor concerned.

Depending on what I read on the internet regarding my LDL, it may normal for LDL cholesterol to rise during this phase of my diet, which brings me to my reason for joining this forum.

I am looking for members who have experienced this rise in LDL. I don't know if I should be concerned at this point. Will it go down over time? I asked my doctor if I could get the LDL tested for particle size but he explained that it was an expensive test and insurance companies don't usually cover that. He doesn't want to treat me with meds, but he wants me to start introducing more carbs into my diet and to get away from the high fat foods.

My other numbers are: HDL - 59, Triglycerides - 103, Total - 280
hubcapdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 02:50 PM   #489
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: KJack
Stats: 321/299/145
Start Date: 05/28/2013
Greetings all - I have just joined - found this group after looking for recipes - several I have tried and they were great! Back in May I decided it was time to get back to a low carb lifestyle. Back in 2001 I started Atkins and had great success. Then I met my then future husband, had a baby and began our life together.

During my pregnancy I quit the Adkins program, but tried to watch my carbs. I did well during the pregnancy - only gaining 29 lbs, but while breastfeeding, did not watch my carbs at all...mistake #1! Over the past several years I have gradually gained to the highest I have ever weighed.

Over the Memorial day holiday I decided I was determined to get back to a healthy weight and my husband said he was "in"! So the day after Memorial day we started our new journey of low carb. The entire family is on-board and we are all really doing well...well, after we got through the induction period.

SO, 7 weeks in and I have dropped 22 lbs and my husband has lost 16 - he doesn't have nearly as much as I need to lose - so proud and pleased that we are doing this together!

I look forward to getting to know you all and take this great journey together!
KJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 06:04 PM   #490
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: TracyF0504
Hi all,

My name is Tracy. I'm 45 years old. While I've been on the heavy side most of my life, I've never quite been as heavy as I am now.

I've been 210-220 for the past three years. Before that my highest weight was 185-190 or so. My goal weight is 170 --a weight I reached 4 years ago (until I went whole hog - almost literally).

I've tried pretty much everything and the weight won't come off now - so trying low carb.

I'm seeking motivation and inspiration from other members, and, who knows -- maybe someday I can help others, too.

Glad to be here.
TracyF0504 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 05:51 AM   #491
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: JillyBean
Stats: 155.8/150.8/120
WOE: Atkins/Protein Power
Start Date: 7/29/13
Getting my feet wet here...

Hi to everyone who reads this. I have a long history with weight issues and diets and I believe I have hyperinsulinism (brought on by my own actions), so I have begun reading the Atkins and Protein Power books again and am willing to start anew. One thing I will admit (because it -LC-ing- did not work before), I did not give it the dedication it deserves to make it work.

This time around I am getting my ducks in a row before starting. So, I am reading and learning all I can. I have chosen a block of three weeks where not too much (that I am aware of without my crystal ball to tell me for sure) is going to happen to derail me. My start date will be the 29th of July (after a camping trip that I know would be a difficult time to stay on Induction). Even though Induction is 2 weeks, I want that extra week to get into OWL without distractions also.

I am expecting withdrawal and cravings. I am expecting to be cranky and useless for a few days. I am hoping for some support from those who have gone before me. I don't seem to be able to get any from those around me at home or within my circle of friends. Lots of people still believe Low-Carb is unhealthy. I hope I can prove that, in my case at least, they are wrong.

I will continue reading (and asking questions if I have any) until my D-Day of the 29th! All feedback appreciated.
JillyBean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 11:23 AM   #492
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: arveale
Stats: 170/170/135
WOE: Paleo/Atkins
Start Date: June 19, 2013
Recommitting

Hi everyone! I am starting over as of tomorrow. I have been on Atkins twice now, and each time I lost a good amount of weight but never quite reached my goal. I think that's because I looked at it as a diet, and not a way of life. Now after reading Wheat Belly, The Primal Blueprint and lots of other low carb books, I realize I need to commit to this WOE for life.

I have gained about 20 lbs. over the past year and a half, so it's time to get going before I make it back to my all time high.

Good luck to all of you. We can do this!
arveale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 05:04 PM   #493
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Anglophile67
Stats: 207/167-only weighing once a month for sanity/145
WOE: Under 20 carbs/day
Start Date: January 2013
Hello from Indiana

Hi, I just registered today after several months of lurking, lol. I am a married mother of 3, and I am tired of being the fat one in every picture. I have PCOS with severe insulin resistance. After years of dabbling in low carb and then giving up because I missed Doritos, or ice cream or whatever excuse I talked myself into, I committed to an under 20 carbs a day way of eating in January. I feel better than I ever have in my life. On the special occasions when I have allowed myself a "treat" day, I wake up feeling lethargic and blah. I love looking for new ways to turn my favorite foods into a low carb version. I have found that the more "ammunition" I have in my fridge and pantry, the less likely I am to talk myself into a treat.

I am looking forward to both offering and receiving support here. Strength in numbers!
Anglophile67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 01:53 PM   #494
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lilbeetle
Stats: 165/127/125(5'4)
WOE: Primal with intermittant M&E
Start Date: March 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anglophile67 View Post
On the special occasions when I have allowed myself a "treat" day, I wake up feeling lethargic and blah.

More and more, I find myself able to resist 'treats' by thinking how crummy I will feel later. How much of a treat is it to have aching knuckles for 24 hours just because I thought it'd be nice to have that piece of carbage.

lilbeetle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 06:38 AM   #495
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Spidermom
I'm back

I'm back! I was successful at doing Atkins 10 years ago and I am starting over Monday. I have gained back everything I had worked so hard to lose. This time I have a partner to help keep me accountable. My sister will be joining me in our weight lose adventure! Any words of advice will be greatly appreciated!
Spidermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 08:16 AM   #496
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: newcrew42
Stats: 137/129/125
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: July 2013
Hi! My name is Patricia. I feel like my issues with sugar and starchy carbs have been around my entire life. In junior high, I would pass out in the lunch line due to hypoglycemia. So, I had to start monitoring my sugar intake then. I felt like I had out grown this by the time I graduated college, but I have found I just generally feel better and am healthier if I stay about from sugar and starch.

I recently had a check-up in my doctor's office. My BP was 150/110 and has been around these marks lately as I have not been eating low carb. They were doing a free quick screen, so I did that and my triglycerides were over 600, and my HDL and LDL reported as errors probably because they were too high. I was not surprised because when I am not eating low carb, these are my typical numbers, but I must say they have crept up over the years.

So, July 5, I started low-carbing mostly to correct my numbers. I have a home blood pressure cuff, so I took my BP yesterday I registered 119/69! I am so happy! I have a doctor's appointment next week and I hope to register around that number at the appointment.

I would like to drop a few pounds in order to fit back into some of my pants. But I really need to get my health under control.
newcrew42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 03:40 PM   #497
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Jakesgirl05
Hi! It's my first day here I am from San Diego , Ca and have two boys. I am not sure how this all works, but I will be learning! I have struggled for a long time and have come to a point where I realize that I have to make permanent changes in my life and life style in order to live my best life possible. I do t want to sit on the shore, fully clothed under an umbrella hiding while I watch my boys swim in the ocean, I want to be out there in a bikini with them darn it! For crying out loud we live near the beach! Tired of watching life, I want to LIVE it! My biggest issue is being at home with the kids. No one to watch them so I have to do DVD work outs and they always have tons of exercises that bulk me up!!! I need help finding work outs that burn serious fat WITHOUT the bulk! I danced and then was a gym addict for years so I bulk up fast and I hate it! I would like to down size my muscle mass actually. I have the type of body that builds muscle quick and I would like to just lose the fat on top through healthy eating and fat burning exercise. I definitely need help!! I look forward to making friends and being a support!
Jakesgirl05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 07:16 PM   #498
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Buffy49
Stats: 284/278/160
Start Date: July 17, 2013
Buffy wants a cracker

Hello all!

I live in the New York suburbs and started a diet to lose weight 4 days ago. I used to be very healthy and a runner. I gained a lot of weight a few years ago and have struggled to lose it ever since. I had an ACL cadaver replacement before I gained all of this weight. Due to my weight, i have arthritis in both of my knees at the age of 29. This time around WILL be different, I am extremely determined and have festered up tremendous will power to start a program at a nearby small fitness center. I have been taking spin, Zumba, and various cardio classes. I try to attend 2 classes a day and have been very sore from spin class.

The owner of the fitness center has me on the following diet and will monitor my progress and food journal weekly:

No carbs
No dairy
No beans
No alcohol
No salmon
No corn, carrots, peas, white potatoes, sweet potatoes
No pork
No nuts

I should eat a lot of vegetables, white meats, egg whites, seafood, apples, oranges, grapefruit, berries, balsamic vinegar on salads.

For breakfast every morning I have a natural protein shake that she gave me.

I lost 6lbs by day 3 and am very happy my carb withdrawal symptoms are slowing down.

Does my diet have a name? I am just blindly following her suggestions, but am not sure if this is a common diet.

Thank you for welcoming me!
Buffy49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 02:06 PM   #499

Gallery: Maryposa
Stats: 355/181.0/169
WOE: VSG + NK
Start Date: 1997; Recommit May 2007 @355; VSG March 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy49 View Post
The owner of the fitness center has me on the following diet and will monitor my progress and food journal weekly:

No carbs
No dairy
No beans
No alcohol
No salmon
No corn, carrots, peas, white potatoes, sweet potatoes
No pork
No nuts

I should eat a lot of vegetables, white meats, egg whites, seafood, apples, oranges, grapefruit, berries, balsamic vinegar on salads.

For breakfast every morning I have a natural protein shake that she gave me.

I lost 6lbs by day 3 and am very happy my carb withdrawal symptoms are slowing down.

Does my diet have a name? I am just blindly following her suggestions, but am not sure if this is a common diet.

Thank you for welcoming me!
I don't think there is a name for that specific plan, but I think "low fat, moderate carb" best describes it. By no carbs I assume she means no starches since you are actually consuming a fair number of carbs by eating a lot of veggies and fruits. Actually, compared to the standard American diet, this diet is low carb, so I suppose you could call it "low fat, low carb". But this is most definitely a very low fat diet. Most low carb plans allow for nuts, salmon, oils on salad, etc.
Maryposa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 03:29 PM   #500
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Buffy49
Stats: 284/278/160
Start Date: July 17, 2013
Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maryposa View Post
I don't think there is a name for that specific plan, but I think "low fat, moderate carb" best describes it. By no carbs I assume she means no starches since you are actually consuming a fair number of carbs by eating a lot of veggies and fruits. Actually, compared to the standard American diet, this diet is low carb, so I suppose you could call it "low fat, low carb". But this is most definitely a very low fat diet. Most low carb plans allow for nuts, salmon, oils on salad, etc.

Yes, I agree with you now too! Thank you very much.
Buffy49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 01:58 AM   #501
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Lee524
Stats: 300.6/247/199
WOE: 7/4/13 Atkins. 11/18/13 JUDDD
Good Morning all,

My name is Lee, 49 years old, doing Atkins/ low carb again for 2 reasons... 1) I know it works and works well 2) I'm sick of being FAT... trying to be as honest with myself as possible, Lol
Lee524 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 04:00 AM   #502
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Jossy
Stats: 250/244/150
WOE: Low Sugar/Lower Carb - My way!
Start Date: July 22 2013
Hi everyone. I'm Jocelyn. Mid 20's gal trying to adjust to the working life I did 4 years of university, took some time off to just work and then 2 years ago went back to college to get a recreation diploma which landed me my current job in a long term care home. I am now just trying to make my way through this world and lose weight while doing it! I am a notorious binge eater and yo yo dieter and desperately trying to break these bad habits while I'm still young. If you notice my menus very simple it's because I also try to cook on a budget ...ha Thanks for being so supportive everyone!
Jossy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 06:06 AM   #503
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sammi
Stats: 261/225/140
Hi Everyone,

I lost almost 100 pounds on Atkins about 10 years ago in 8 months. I know this way of eating works. I did not keep up on it, so I am back again. I have been reading these posts for awhile and decided its time to join. These posts really do help. I have been eating low carb and walking 3 miles a day. I do the Leslie Sansone tapes. They worked before, so I know it wii work again.
Sammi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 01:38 PM   #504
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Biggy Fat
Hello World. The name is Biggy Fat, a name I used on an internet marketing forum I frequented back in the day. Just joined this forum after lurking a lot. I turned 30 about two months ago and now want to be in better shape in my 30s than my 20s.

After doing some research, I decided that doing a meat and eggs low carb diet is what I'd like to do. Notice I said do, not try. I am a huge meat lover, and I can tolerate eggs now.
Biggy Fat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 03:28 PM   #505
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: angelfish220
Stats: 205/200.6/175
WOE: LC/17DD inspired
Start Date: 8/1/2013
Hello, my name is D. I'm a 20 year old student, and I'm sick of not being comfortable in my own skin. I'm in college studying for a double major in Music Education and Vocal Performance. I really want to a performer (Opera or Recital, Strauss is my favorite) and I'm going to need to make myself marketable in the future.

My first goal is 195 by the end of August, my first big goal is 175 by Feb 20, my 21st birthday.
angelfish220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 11:40 PM   #506
Administrator

Gallery: cheri
Stats: 150 + pounds lost - 4' 11"
Welcome to the site to everyone just starting or starting again!!! Make sure you check in daily as that really does help keep you motivated and helps you stick to whatever plan you choose! LCF is definitely a site that is a great source of information and support!! I know you will enjoy your time here.

If you ever need any admin help, (questions about site rules, how to navigate the site, avatar help) feel free to contact one of the admins/moderators.. You can click on the contact us button on the bottom of every page and send us an email!

Take care!!!

cheri

I used to live to eat... now I eat to live!
Don't be a victim of Dieters remorse.. Don't cheat.. stay on plan!
cheri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 05:38 AM   #507
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: CarbConsciousRDH
Stats: 159/154/140
Start Date: July 25, 2013
Hi everyone!

I just wanted to introduce myself as a new member to this site. I joined about a week ago. My name is Valerie and I am a 25 year old dental hygienist who just recently graduated from dental hygiene school in Florida.

I have been called "curvy" all my life, but that is not why I am not adopting the low carb lifestyle for life. I decided to go low carb because after reading some of Atkins' books, I feel like this is the lifestyle for me. Although I am not extremely overweight, I do not feel good with the way I look. I have a hard time walking up a flight of stairs and I get winded very easily when playing sports or exercising. I know it's because of the extra weight I have on my 5'4 frame.

I am following the Atkins program and I am entering my second week of induction. I lost exactly 5 lbs. the first week of induction and feel great.

About 3 years ago, I joined Medi Weight Loss because I was 176 lbs., the highest I have ever been. Within two months I was down to 151 lbs. and I felt amazing. Once I lost the weight I quickly went back to my old ways. I was eating fast food, drinking sodas, and making bad food choices. I gained back some of the weight and was in the 160's for a while. I guess I never learned anything from Medi, but I feel like Atkins is truly a lifestyle change, not a temporary solution to a permanent problem.

I am excited with my progress. For anyone who thinks they can't do Atkins, they can! I love soda, bread, and sweet iced coffees and I gave it all up to be a healthier version of myself.

Good luck to everyone. And I just would like to say, I love this site. I am glad I found it. It is loaded with great information and advice.

Valerie
CarbConsciousRDH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 11:24 AM   #508
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: dinnerland
Stats: 172.5/172.5/146
WOE: Why We Got Fat and What to do about it, Taube
Start Date: 8/2/13

Hi all: I am glad I found this forum as I am a new convert to what seems like an amazing solution to weight difficulties I've had over the years.

I will tell more of my story but want to look around more first!
dinnerland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 10:29 AM   #509
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: BulldogMom
Stats: 231/ 185.8 / 135
WOE: modified Atkins
Start Date: April 2013
I'm Nikki and new to posting here but I've been lurking for about a month now. I started Atkins back in March when I found out that I would need a hysterectomy due to possibly having cancer. I have two young daughters and this was a scary time for me. It was worse knowing that I had brought this condition on myself because of being overweight and causing my estrogen levels to be high. So I immediately cut out sugar and processed foods since sugar converts to fat, fat cells can increase your estrogen levels and the higher estrogen levels led to my hyperplasia. The oncologist told me that after surgery and a complete pathology report was done, 40% of women with my condition find out they already have cancer. But when I had the surgery and got the pathology reports back in June, thankfully all I had was the hyperplasia. I truly believe the Atkins diet halted this condition from getting worse. Surgery was still the way to go for me but thankfully I didn't need chemo or radiation. During this time I also added in walking and eventually jogging as a stress reliever. Since April, I've only missed 3 days of being on the treadmill and I think its made a huge difference on this round of low carbing. The longest I could go was just a week before giving in to old habits. I wasn't super strict with carb cutting during recovery but I'm still happy to be down 27 lbs. I slacked off in July due to too much celebrating and only lost 2 lbs. So when I woke up August 1st feeling like a busted can of biscuits, I thought it was time to get serious. I've already lost almost 3 lbs this month so things are off to a good start. I look forward to getting to know everyone.
BulldogMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 04:41 PM   #510
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Brooksie
Newbie from Texas

Hi! I'm new to the forum and taking a second try at the low carb diet. I did Adkins about 8 years ago and lost 30 lbs. I have about 40-50 to loose this time around. I've been on weight watchers with limited success and even tried removed by moderator http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ma...hone-apps.htmlearlier this year. Even though I lost 12 lbs, I was hungry ALL THE TIME!

Tortilla chips, crackers and bread are my usual cravings. I gave South Beach a test drive last week and lost 3 lbs. I'm definitely looking forward to hearing what works for other people and how I can sustain a low carb lifestyle. I come from an overweight family and a history of diabetes. I'm 33 so it's time to make some changes before I begin to have health problems!!
Brooksie is offline   Reply With Quote