Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Main Lowcarb Lobby
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-01-2013, 03:43 PM   #451
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Beara
Thanks for the suggestion of the group challenges. I am headed there to check them out right now!
Beara is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-01-2013, 09:23 PM   #452
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: missmarple
Stats: (272)257/238/150
WOE: Protein Power
Start Date: July 2, 2013
just joined

after 2 months of low fat, counting calories, I went from 272 to 256 but then stopped losing. I want to try low carb eating as i have heard it works for some people. so in the morning (its late night right now) I will begin. will start by going to the store to buy good food. I am so tired of being overweight, its affecting my health, I cant walk anywhere, my feet hurt.
I have just got to get some more weight off cause i cant take much more of this.
missmarple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 09:51 PM   #453
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Debbydivas
Stats: Beginning weightwas 379/343/200
WOE: moderate carbs
Start Date: July 1, 2013
Hi There Everyone!
This is my first time on this site, but not my first time on low carb. I did Atkins about 9 years ago and lost 85 lbs in 5 months. I just started Atkins (modified) today and I just want to stick with it until I reach my goals. I pray that the support will help me...I feel I need it.
Debbydivas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 10:12 PM   #454
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Nance1
Hello,

Started my own little low carb plan on 12/29 = had a bit of a cheat weekend the first weekend after that but other than that have been pretty good.

I started at 212.6 and the lowest I have seen has been 164.6 and am currently about 3 lbs up from that. My weight loss had slowed down so that I had to be very good + do about 1-2 hours of exercise/day.

Work got busy and I have not been able to go to the gym, and frankly needed a break anyway. I didn't think I should gain weight because of a drop in exercise, and feeling very discouraged. Also because I was in a program at work and she took several measurements and had blood drawn.

1n 4 months, I had lost 3.8% body fat, and then two weeks later I had gained back 1.2% of that body fat???? I don't understand.

Have not had bread or sugar in almost 6 months and my blood glucose is 99 -1 point higher and I would be impaired. Last time I had fasting glucose from doctor it was normal.

All this stuff happens and I am still not eating bread or sugar - or any sort of starchy veggies, or grain.

Makes me feel like ordering a pizza.
Nance1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 12:37 PM   #455
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Skinnyvibe
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: May 2013
Wanted to say hello to all

Hi there, My Name is Marjorie, i've been doing low carb now for 8 weeks (just starting my 8th week) i'm down 20.5 pounds, I love this program, i've been a lerk to this site now for 7 weeks. I'm learning the lingo and I find a lot of good recipes. Being on low carb you have to really be creative, you'll are a bunch of creative people. I'm looking for a recipe for low carb barbque sauce for the 4th, I know i'll find it on here. Have a good day.
Skinnyvibe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 12:38 PM   #456
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Skinnyvibe
Start Date: May 2013
should have said lerker
Skinnyvibe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 12:40 PM   #457
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Jannybunny
Stats: 175/110/115 restart 187/146/130
Start Date: 1/4/2008 restarted for the last time 1/3/2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinnyvibe View Post
Hi there, My Name is Marjorie, i've been doing low carb now for 8 weeks (just starting my 8th week) i'm down 20.5 pounds, I love this program, i've been a lerk to this site now for 7 weeks. I'm learning the lingo and I find a lot of good recipes. Being on low carb you have to really be creative, you'll are a bunch of creative people. I'm looking for a recipe for low carb barbque sauce for the 4th, I know i'll find it on here. Have a good day.

I'll bet if you check the recipe forum you will find BBQ sauce recipes
Jannybunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 08:28 PM   #458
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Bajankd
Stats: 198/161/150
Start Date: January 2013

Hi Everyone

Just wanted to introduce myself. I started to take full control of my weight from January 2013 and so far I have lost over 30lbs. I got tired of feeling uncomfortable and also all the yo-yoing so I committed to undertake a total body transformation journey and it feels GREAT!!!! I am now so full of energy
Since the start of my weight loss path, I have referred to this site which houses a wealth of information along with a Great , great support system which is very encouraging. This makes to journey so much easier.

Glad to have joined and also to be part of the LOW CARB FAMILY
Bajankd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 04:24 PM   #459
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Sharbysyd
WOE: Just Starting - no plan yet
Start Date: March 2013
Hello, I'm Sharon, 51 years young. I struggled with weight issues since I was in my 20s. My weight was around 180 for several years when I stayed away from sugar desserts but then I discovered "Normal Eating" and went back to sugar, and my weight eventually went up and up.

When I hit 240 several months ago I became terrified and gave up desserts with white sugar again. Then I decided to try gluten free for health reasons. I noticed that I was able to eat as much as I wanted and not gain any weight. My weight even dropped a little bit over a few weeks.

I then learned about low carb from my slender brother who had started it for health reasons. He sent me Gary Taubes' "Why We Get Fat..." and I read it and was hooked. Finally everything made sense. I then started to cut carbs and my weight continued to slowly drop.

I haven't officially started induction, but I keep my carbs as low as I can. I just got back from a 10-day vacation and didn't gain any weight (isn't that something?) and I think I'm ready to start induction soon.

I've been coming to this board for a few months now and have discovered some incredible recipes like Linda's Low Carb Pizza and Pumpkin Pancakes which my husband and I both love. I also like Kent's Enchilada Chicken Paillard and Leighdear's Buffalo Chicken Dip Goes Main Course and Oopsie Rolls. I'm not sure if I discovered them all here or in other places. I also found a flat bread which is supposed to go along with a steak umm recipe but I use that one for sandwiches and for dipping in olive oil.

I hope to discover many more awesome recipes that help me stick to this way of eating for life. I've tried so many different ways of eating and so many diet plans over the years and I know it's so important to have familiar foods to eat.

Anyhow, I thought it was about time I introduced myself. I hope to learn lots and share this journey with others.

Sharon
Sharbysyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 06:47 PM   #460
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: cypenrod
Hi, Ya'll!

Hi everyone! I'm new to the site and am looking forward to lots of new ideas. I had GB surgery in 2007 (I insisted, DR. said would not work due to my weight being due to medical issues related to various endocrine system, metabolic syndrome, and hyperinsulemia) and 170 lbs later have not really had to watch what I eat very much but DH has gained 70 lbs on depression meds and just got the pre diabetic and bad balance ldl and hdl speech so we're headed to the VERY strict low carb low or no sugar diet. Looking forward to sharing with everyone!! Cyndy
cypenrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 07:56 PM   #461
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Gut-One
Stats: 220/184/105
Start Date: Restart Feb 2013
Relative newbie intro

Hi everyone, while my profile says I've been here since 4/11, I haven't actually been on. My story is one that some can identify with. Husband eats lousy, inducing me to eat lousy and I balloon up to 235. Start Atkins and lose about 80. Emotional upset and I go back up to 200+. Restart Atkins and lose around 40 and can't keep it up due to hubby. He doesn't want a wife that has a life based on anything else other than him. Finally I see through the lies, a little too late. I have to declare bankruptcy, he opts out but still keeps trying to manipulate and lie to me so I move out. And it's great! I moved Feb 15 this year and I'm down from 220 to 184. I can finally eat the way I need to eat to have a life. He is still whining, lying and trying to manipulate into coming back into my life. Sorry Charlie! Not happening!
I bid on a new job at work and now must go for training in OK. No problem. I don't have to wait on hubby hand and foot. I'm living in what I consider to be heaven on earth and enjoying every minute! I'm living in the western end of the Pocono Mtns with several state parks in my backyard. I've gone hiking in Hickory Run State Park several times and saw my first rattlesnake. Today I went for a 15mi bike ride in Lehigh Gorge State Park. While I did think at one time I tried to do too much now I have no regrets. I put a post in the....Recipe help topic?? area about eating on the trail. If anyone has any ideas I'd really appreciate it. Happy Independence Day!! I'm enjoying mine!!
Gut-One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 11:11 PM   #462

Gallery: Maryposa
Stats: 355/181.0/169
WOE: VSG + NK
Start Date: 1997; Recommit May 2007 @355; VSG March 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by cypenrod View Post
Hi everyone! I'm new to the site and am looking forward to lots of new ideas. I had GB surgery in 2007 (I insisted, DR. said would not work due to my weight being due to medical issues related to various endocrine system, metabolic syndrome, and hyperinsulemia) and 170 lbs later have not really had to watch what I eat very much but DH has gained 70 lbs on depression meds and just got the pre diabetic and bad balance ldl and hdl speech so we're headed to the VERY strict low carb low or no sugar diet. Looking forward to sharing with everyone!! Cyndy
Hi Cyndy, I hope you will consider joining us on the Weight Loss Surgery threads as well as other areas of the site. I had a VSG in 2010. There's quite a few WLS patients here on LCF. LCF is a great place to be!

Weight Loss Surgery - Low Carb Friends
Maryposa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 12:28 AM   #463
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Grateful_Love
Stats: 272/235/170 (5'1'')
Start Date: Restart May 2014
Hi everyone. It's very late here in Pennsylvania. I've been a lurker for a long time and did a variation of Atkins in 2010 and lost close to 40 pounds. Then I worked as a case manager for children with mental illness, and the stress lead me to food. I managed to gain 50 pounds in 8 months and kept it with me for two years. Like I said, I've been a lurker..coming here for tips, info, and recipes. In March I decided to try low-carb again, and I'm working strictly with Atkins Induction. I've managed to lose close to 30 pounds from 268 to 242. I'm hoping to one day hit somewhere in the 130-150 range, but right now I'll take each pound as it's individual success story. Weight loss has slowed and I'm not sure what to do to jump start it to get past the stall. I'm barreling through it, but it's certainly not very motivating! Just wanted to say hello! I'm new to everything that a "forum" entails, so bear with me as I learn!

(Like how to upload a photo--I just can't seem to get it right!)
Grateful_Love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 12:31 AM   #464
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lilbeetle
Stats: 165/127/125(5'4)
WOE: Primal with intermittant M&E
Start Date: March 2013
'Take each pound as a success story's

That is so great! Welcome
lilbeetle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 01:28 AM   #465
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Grateful_Love
Stats: 272/235/170 (5'1'')
Start Date: Restart May 2014
Thank you lilbeetle. I'm trying to stay positive and motivated. It's almost like I think I can will the stall away.

I read somewhere on here (because I'm like a lost dog trying to figure it out) that too much protein can turn into glucose and can cause a stall..how does that not happen with a M/E fast? Or is it honestly just that person-specific that it may work for you, but not for me?

All I ate today was chicken--and I peed on my ketostick and it was LIGHTER than yesterday. Maybe I truly do need to up my fats. Any good fat bomb recipes?
Grateful_Love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 01:43 AM   #466

Gallery: Maryposa
Stats: 355/181.0/169
WOE: VSG + NK
Start Date: 1997; Recommit May 2007 @355; VSG March 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grateful_Love View Post
Any good fat bomb recipes?
Grateful_Love maybe try searching or asking in the Lowcarb Recipe Help & Suggestions - Low Carb Friends ?
Maryposa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 08:23 AM   #467
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: cypenrod
Thanks .....definitely will!!!
cypenrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 03:31 PM   #468
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: wndrwmn67
Stats: 272/249/??? Under 200, please!
WOE: The Belly Fat Cure
Start Date: Restart: July 8, 2013
Not exactly new, but back again!

Hello everyone! I have been a member of this site for several years, but haven't made an appearance for quite some time. Wanting to get back into the swing of things and start getting this weight off.

My Dad passed away in September and it has been stressful for all of us. My children and I moved in with my Mom who has been battling depression since he died and it hasn't been easy. I know I need to find a better way to deal with the stress other than eating.

I remember how encouraging everyone here is and I thought it might just be what I need to get myself going again and motivated.

My Dr. put me on Phentermine and I lost about 30 lbs. only to gain every ounce of it back when I went off of it. Ive been diagnosed with type 2 Diabetes and have it well under control with medication, but at 46 years of age, I probably take more meds than most 80 year olds.

It time to get serious and take control of my health. I look forward to being a part of this community again.

Thank you.
Old 07-07-2013, 05:43 AM   #469
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jonescarb
Stats: 152.8/148.8/130
WOE: CAD/CALP
Start Date: April 2009(Low Carb)-CAD Sep 16 2014
Hi! I have lurked these boards for many years, but never posted. I lost about 100 pounds several years ago and have struggled to maintain. Well, actually I maintained most of it, but 10-20 pounds just keep bouncing around it seems (due to my own self-sabatoge with sweets!). I never really followed a book previously so i had no idea how to maintain. Now, I've actually read the Atkins book and I'm giving it another go to get these pounds back down and learn to actually maintain by the book.

Looking forward to being a part of the boards!
TJ
jonescarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 09:52 PM   #470
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: teeingoff17
Stats: 235/184.4/170
WOE: Starting JUDDD 9/30/13 after 3 months Atkins
Start Date: 6-24-13
Hey all,

Joined a couple days ago, started Atkins exactly 14 days ago and am loving it. I am 23, living the dream, and working my way to a better life. Have yoyoed up and down in weight, from 190s four years ago, to 250 less than 5 months later, back down to the low 200s, and up to 235, and so on and so on, to where I started this summer at 235, got down to 230 after 4 weeks of working out, and then found Atkins. I'm now down to 218.8 lbs, and glad to keep going!

I love to cook my own meals, and I love to experience new LC foods at restaurants. I am a Veterinary Medical student, 2 years into the DVM program and 2 years left. I am focusing my studies on swine production medicine, with emphasis for myself on research and the business side of production, with an eventual goal of becoming a professional services veterinarian for a pharmaceutical company. I love to play golf, watch all sports on TV, and am looking to get back into running (I was training for a marathon 4 years ago at my fittest, 7-9 miles a day at 7:30 pace, and had a slight knee injury that led me to my current situation) and finish a marathon in the next 2 years.

Thanks for everyone's help on this website, I have learned so much and love all the contributions from everyone!
teeingoff17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 10:22 PM   #471
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Natalia
Stats: 190/174/125
WOE: VLC
Start Date: June 2013
Hi everyone, I just joined but have been lurking for about 3 weeks. I am used to a smaller community but they do not embrace low carb so they are not the right home for me.

I am 36, married with 2 children, age 10 and 5. I have severe crohns and put on most of my weight with steroid treatment for my disease. I love to eat and am most definitely a carb addict. Something like a piece of cheesecake in the fridge would literally keep me up at night until I ate it.

I am on a modified Atkinsesque plan, probably technically closest to Protein Power as I do consume almonds and cheese. Average about 20-25 net carbs a day. I am also gluten free and try to avoid frankenfood. I am a slow loser, but since I will be on plan forever, that doesn't really matter. I am 5'2 and 183 lbs. I would love to get into the 130's, but my first goal is under 170.

I'm excited to become part of the community!
Natalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 02:10 AM   #472
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: mdog73
Stats: 235/191/194 male 6' 2"
WOE: Atkins - heavy on the meats
Start Date: April 9, 2013
Hi,
I just joined the site but I've visited the site a few times over the years. I did a low carb diet in 2004 and lost close to 30 pounds, kept it off for many months and then slowly gained it back over many years. I can maintain as long as there are no sweets around. I have since tried low carb diets again a few times the last several years but I was not faithful and would fall off after 5, 10 or 15 pounds of loss. I was around 235 this time and my final goal is to get ideally to below 195. I have being doing low carb since April 9th and have lost about 25 pounds, still have 15 to go. I have 4 mini goals along the way and I've already met 2 of them. My next is getting below 200 pounds, that will be a nice triumph for me mentally. I'm pretty sure I can do it unless something catastrophic knocks me off. I like reading the success stories of others. It lets you know you are not alone in your goals and desires.

I know there are many improvements I can make to my regimen like not eating so late, or so close to bed time and eating regular meals. Hopefully I'll learn how others do it here and apply that to me.

I hope to also start working out and running regularly, currently I do about 1 day a week, hope to get that to 3 or 4 times a week by the time I reach my goal. The tricky part is staying at a weight and not going up or to far down. That is where I have trouble.

See you guys around the forums.
mdog73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 05:36 PM   #473
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Denwarre
Stats: 227/219/170
Hi all - thank you for being here - still!

I was a daily visitor to (LCF) LowCarbFriends back in 2002/2003 when I first started Atkins. This site was a blessing to find real people eating LC (low Carb) and sharing their trials and tribulations just made it an easier path to follow. When I hit a hurdle, someone else had too, and a whole thread of people had great ideas I could try. In 2003the LC WOE (way of eating) was kind of taboo, and few people understood how or why it works. The people on LCF were crucial for support and answers when I had so few people to turn to. I was close to 250 lbs and very depressed about my weight. I can’t recall who to thank for giving me the Atkins book but it instantly helped me see, I was literally a sugar and carb addict. I could not control how much I ate and the more sugar and carbs I ate, the more my body wanted.

Then I found I could really stick to Atkins. The rewards of losing weight (not just for a few days, but for weeks and even months) was enough to stop consuming all the bread, pasta, chips, chocolate, and ice cream (crap.) I found good food replacements that worked for me! Celery and ranch replaced my need for salty/crunchy chips. Almonds replaced the jelly beans and the M&Ms I ate by the handfuls. Pita bread was my new pizza crust. The first LC recipe I tried was from a LCF post for Cheese Cake, and it was awesome!

I felt really good even when I was giving up lots of foods. Amazing how much better you feel when your blood sugar isn’t spiking and dropping repeatedly every day. Atkins or other LC plans are not easy – it does take willpower to limit and even cut out foods that won’t fit in the plan. But having the help and support on LCF is sure to help me toward weight loss goals, healthy eating, and improving my life!

I never got close to my goal weight but I did shed about 50 lbs and dropped under the 200 mark for the first time in 10 years. I stayed on Atkins WOE almost 2 years, then tried all kinds of exercise plans to replace my restrictive diet, but a few injuries later I was off diet and exercise and put most of the weight back on. I was almost at 230 lbs last month and I said THAT'S ENOUGH!

Now I'm back! I am a mid-40’s Mom with a toddler, a career, and a business (making chocolates.) I stress eat! My daughter needed to gain weight the last few years, so of course, I have too. I started induction July 1st and once I felt a little bored with my food choices, I ran right back here to LCF to get new menu ideas, check product reviews, and find support! Thank you LCF for still being here! I can’t wait to learn what’s new and share the journey.
Denwarre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 09:56 AM   #474
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Cathy46176
Stats: 230/230/150
I looking forward to a new me!

Hi everyone! My name is Cathy, I'm 47 yrs young and live in Indiana. I have a great husband and two kids (17 and 22). My kids are old enough now that I need to think about taking care of me. I know a low carb way of life would be good for me. So I look forward to getting help from everyone, I know I can't do it alone.
Cathy46176 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 10:51 AM   #475
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Illie9
Stats: 148
Here I am!

I refuse to stay this size. After baby number 2 I am at 155. I just keep binging....on everything...I am going back to work next week, hopeful to gain some self respect for myself, and start saving to lose some of this extra skin. Pray for me ladies and gents. This is soooo hard, and I need support!
Illie9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 09:20 AM   #476
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: TuzBug
Stats: 230/218/140
WOE: Atkins 72
Aomiel's baby sister

Hi everyone,
I'm Aomiel's baby sister (9 years younger)...48 years old. I've recently been diagnosed with diabetes and insulin resistance with my BG having a normal of around 124. My dad's (Aomiel's step dad) family has very serious medical issues regarding diabetes, heart disease, high blood pressure, etc. They believe many of these may be related to Thompson's disease (muscles firing even when at rest so the body has muscle mass without even trying).

Due to this muscle mass, my normal lean body weight is 145 pounds despite the fact that I am only 5' tall. It took me and my doctors almost 6 months to convince the Navy that I wasn't overweight and that to weigh 115, I'd actually have to lose muscle mass.

Up until the last 7 years or so, I kept pretty active playing golf (walking the course) a few times a week, playing in a mixed gender softball league and tennis and racquetball. Then 7 years ago I had an injury that sidelined me for over a year and have never been quite in shape enough to keep up the sports, so the weight has piled on.

I've been pretty impressed with my big sister's weight loss, so I figured I'd give it a try. I started on 7/1 and am doing good so far, but I think only because I eat all my meals with her and she does the cooking and planning.

I look forward to getting to know you all, although I don't have a computer so I only have access when I come over Sis's house.
TuzBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 09:11 PM   #477
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Lillypetals
Stats: 167/157.8/? Size 14 L 5'3"
WOE: Noob: Just staying under 20 carbs
Start Date: 07/08/2013
Hi everyone.

I am totally new. I have a friend who was going back to low-carb because she was beginning to put on a bit of the weight she lost, but she has maintained a size 10-12 from a size 22 for the three years I've known her so I decided to tag along.

I've been trying very hard to not look at the scale all week. I am scared I won't lose anything, or worse, gain. My main daily goal has been to stay under 20 carbs, and I've picked up a few recipe tips (Linda's Low Carb), and I finally hit the gym yesterday.

I am looking for tips, maybe some friends and a supportive atmosphere.
I am 33, a bit geeky with a quirky sense of humor, and unhappy that I've put on over 20 pounds in the last 6 months, brought out my spare pair of "fat pants", and now end up with pink rings and a button imprint on my belly from those pants. I've been picking up larger sized clothes at used-clothing shops, and I don't want to do that anymore. :/

Thanks for listening!
Lillypetals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 01:19 AM   #478
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: 35down
Stats: 209/156/135
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: April 1, 2013
Hello everyone! Have decided it is time to come out from the lurking shadows I have so enjoyed reading of the low carb adventures of you all.

I have lost 50 pounds before on a low carb diet, but then went back to eating boxes of cheeze its and bags of chips-not ever eating because I was hungry really. Then found that being overweight and clothes not fitting was "coloring" everything in my life again.

So have a new attitude and find I am thinking of this as a whole new way of eating not just a diet. I have plateaued at 192, 182, and am bouncing up and down a pound or two here at 174. Husband has low carbed dieted before, too, but this is the first time we both have tried it at the same time. He is doing "good" also.

We aren't counting carbs. Just eating protein, green salads with chunky blue cheese dressing, non-starchy vegetables, butter, coconut oil, and olive oil.

A bit about me--I have a nice husband of over 40 years, kids and five grandsons 10, 7, 4, 4, and almost 2. Being grandma is the best!

Well better see if I can post this. This is the second one I have typed out. I am not sure what part of Low Carb Friends cyber space the first one went to but lost it somewhere.

Wishing you all the best on your journey.
35down is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 11:34 AM   #479
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Catareta
My name is Jo - am a T1 Diabetic struggling with insulin resistance.. have stayed same weight for a while but looking for recipes/info etc on reducing carbs...
Catareta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 02:41 PM   #480
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: IndieKim
Stats: 202/163.8/130
WOE: Atkins-ish Low Carb
Start Date: 05/20??/2013
Hey all!

I've been a member here for many years, and have had til now pretty limited success on low carb WOEs, but fell off the wagon so many times. I'm happy and proud to say I'm back at it, and thus far have lost between 27 and 30 lbs since Mid May. I had reached my alltime high of 202lbs (on a medium 5'4 1/2" frame, ack!) and that was it. I'd never hit 200 before, not even when pregnant! So I hit it, hit it hard and while right now I'm in a bit of a stall...keep gaining and re-losing a pesky 3lbs for some dumb reason...I'm pushing through.

I seriously need to update my stats though, it's been SO long since I've been here!

May 20 2013 - 202 lbs - Waist: 38.5 - Hips: 45 - Thighs: 28

Sept 1 2013 - 167.2 lbs - Waist: 32.25 - Hips: 39.75 - Thighs: 24
IndieKim is offline   Reply With Quote