Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-24-2013, 02:56 PM   #361
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: heathern
Stats: 300/227/180
WOE: mod carb
Hello

Just joined and I am hoping to get motivated after LC for the past 5 years to control my D2. I am slipping into carb creep and my weight is also creeping.

You sure look like a friendly group
heathern is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-25-2013, 07:41 PM   #362
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: In~It~To~Win~It!
Hi Everyone :-)

My name is Celly. I've finally got my mind and body in tune to get back on my protein way of life. I'm glad to have found this site and to see it so active. I hope to inspire and be inspired by others here. Happy losing to us all!
In~It~To~Win~It! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 02:38 PM   #363
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: orcamom
WOE: Great Taste No Pain Food Combining
Hi everyone,
I follow the Great Taste No Pain eating program, otherwise known as food combining, or the alkaline diet, and it has worked wonders for not only my weight, but my health. Used to have lots of digestive issues, but not now thanks to this way of eating. Lost about 40 pounds over time, and wasn't even trying to!
orcamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 09:47 AM   #364
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: BlancheDevereaux
Stats: 187/187/135
Start Date: May 2013
Hi,
I've tried low carb in the past and its made me feel great. Fast forward, I now have a TON of food allergies and want to get back to clean eating and would like to follow a low(er?) carb plan so I can ditch my carb cravings! I'm just not sure what plan to follow?

Oh, and you can call me "Blanche" lol
BlancheDevereaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 09:55 AM   #365
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Laurie14559
Stats: 252/222/165
WOE: carbs<20 g/day
Start Date: 3/28/13
Hi from newbie

Hi ...I started my own version of low carbing and had really good results the first month- lost 20 lbs. The second month I only lost 7 lbs then I gained 2 lbs back over four days. I am trying to figure out what I am doing differently.
My calories average about 1200 but I dont really track them- I use an online tracker track everything I eat and monitor my carbs and fat this way. I eat a lot of fat- seeds, blue cheese dressing on my salad everyday. I eat chicken almost exclusively as my protein along with eggs and some dairy. Due to physical limitations the only exercise I can do is water walking which I do 3-4 times a week for 45 min, but I dont replace any of the calories I use up. I notice I have been eating more at nite lately- is this the problem? Also the sunflower seeds are salty and I am wondering if my sodium is too high...I have been reading this forum from the get go and am finally registering. I love love love the the low carb pizza recipe. And I take a slice of the paleo bread and super dry it out and pulverize if to use as bread crumbs and make a wonderful eggplant rollatini. Your recipe section is fantastic. Also I ordered a sampler box of the 2 carbs Ross chocolates and they are yummy!! Thanks for this great site
Laurie14559 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 12:04 PM   #366
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Anha
Stats: 186/186/150
WOE: Atkins my way.
Hi, new here

Hi there

Am new here though I have been lurking around for a while. Have been low carbing on and off since 2009, was on it right up till December last year, came off it because I was trying to conceive, five months latter I have not conceived but am almost three stones heavier which has a negative impact on trying to conceive too... aaaaarrrrggh. So I thought it was high time I join and get some help.
Anha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 03:45 PM   #367
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: JenMartini
Stats: 180/178/140
WOE: Carb Cutting!
Start Date: 5/20/13
Wedding weight loss

Hello all! I have been checking the forums for tips and advice all during my first week, and its been so helpful. I'm looking to lose some weight before my wedding day in about 5 months. My maid of honor and I are low-carbing it together, which makes sticking to the plan much easier!
JenMartini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 09:03 AM   #368
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Phillip
Stats: 218/198/185
WOE: No diet plan. Minimizing Carbs only
Start Date: April 2013
Hi all, I started the LC diet in April after reading an article that debunks almost everything we have been taught about losing weight. I researched information on LC diets and purchased Dana Carpender's "How I Gave Up My Low-Fat Diet and Lost 40 Pounds". I am 5' 10" tall and weighed 218 lbs. when I started in April. My weight is now 198 lbs. I have not been below 205 in decades and my goal is 185 lbs.. I found this forum on Google and believe it will help me reach my goal. Thanks for being here.
Phillip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 09:24 AM   #369
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Hoosiergirl
Stats: 194/150/150
WOE: HCG
Start Date: March 2013
Hi everyone!

I joined in March and have never introduced myself because I didn't think I would ever post anything. Now that I have posted a few times, I realize that I probably will be around for a while!
I began my first round of HCG on March 1 and am currently 18 days into my second round. This forum has been extremely helpful to me! Even though this MAY be the last round of HCG that I need to do, I will definitely keep coming back here for recipe ideas, info on food products, etc. Thanks, everyone, for the excellent information!
Hoosiergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 05:16 PM   #370
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: MindyP
Stats: 177.2/149.6/130
Start Date: October 2011
Life time struggle!

Hi, been over weight my whole life! Been a constant struggle for me! Lose weight regain try a different diet (1200 cal 20% fat) lose weight gain it back! Late last summer looked at some pics of myself & shied away from camera! (Not hard to when u volunteer to take the pics) or would stand behind someone (which very hard to do being only 5'1") October started on low carb diet lost 27 lbs in 4 months! Been stalled since! Nope not even inches! Just looking for ideas & support!
MindyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 06:02 PM   #371
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Roset
Hello, I just discovered this LC forum today while desprately searching for motivation to get back on a LC diet. Two years ago I dropped 30lbs while on the SB Diet and I have gained it all back. I had so much energy while on SB and looked forward to exercising. Now I'm dealing with bad premenopausal symptoms; hot flashes, low energy and it seems that all I want to eat are carbs. I hope to find support on this site and I enjoy trying new recipes that will keep me motivated to lose the weight I gained back.
Roset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 06:18 PM   #372
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Taywatty
Stats: 262/248/150
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: February 2006/July 2006
Hello all,

I have been struggling with weight and weight loss plans for the past 12 years. I started Atkins back in 2006, fell off, and went off in pursuits of other plans... thinking I would find an easier, less restrictive diet plan to follow. Hah! I'm back and I'm trying hard to lose weight to avoid diabetes and get my numbers down. I'm boderline diabetic and this is scary because this runs in my family. I just pray I can stick to the plan....I always fall off.
Taywatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 09:45 PM   #373
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: 4North1Side2
Hi all!

I'm no stranger to low carb diets and 3 years ago I was in the best shape of my life because of the Keto diet. I'm saying I was cut up like a fine princess diamond but now my body is straight meh... I just completed my first day of keto today and feel better than ever for the first time in a long time.
4North1Side2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 01:15 PM   #374
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: KariLCHF
Stats: 214/210/150
WOE: LCHF - Low Carb High Fat
Start Date: May 25th 2013
Hello everyone!

After years of living on mostly carbs - not the good kind - and steadily going from chubby to fat to obese to morbidly obese, I've finally realised that that kind of lifestyle is wreaking havoc on my body and weight. (Despite everyone else around me seemingly being able to gorge on carbs and maintain their weight...!)

Proteins, good fats and veggie carbs are the way to go for my body. With the occasional fruit thrown in. I'm not going to be all hardcore and refuse to never again eat fx bananas, candy or potatoes. All in moderation~

Cutting down on sugar, white bread, pasta, etc., really makes my body feel so much better. And much less bloated!! I can have gained up to 2-3 pounds in the morning if I've indulged in a heavy load of fx pasta the night before. It's crazy! So I simply have to curb my carb addiction.

It's great to be here and to read all the inspiring stories. There's so much information on low carbing on this forum, it's just what I need.
KariLCHF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 03:05 PM   #375
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: fathaze
Hi all! Just joined this evening - 3 days in to the Atkins diet.

I hope to hear a lot of success stories. I normally do a low calorie diet, which is completely unsustainable, and I am looking for something that I can manage. So far, I really like this diet. However, I have not lost anything and I am a little doubtful that I will. Seems almost too good to be true.

I don't overeat, I'm probably doing around 1600 calories a day. But I have been told that the one Atkins bar that I allow myself will certainly hold me back even though I count the total carbs and follow everything else to the letter. I think everyone will agree with this? Do all those losing weight on low carbs go without bars?

Good luck everyone! x
fathaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 08:26 AM   #376
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SouthernBelle
Stats: 296/154/149
Start Date: May 29, 2013
Hi! I am new to the forum and just started intentionally low carbing yesterday. I am here for support by recommendation of an online buddy and to research since I realize I got off to a half-cocked start lol, but at least my heart is in it.

For now, I'm going with Atkins because I'm more familiar with it as I was on it many moons ago (when I could swear it was much less complicated) and I have a reasonably new book gathering dust. I am open to other plans as well though.

I hope I began induction yesterday with 22 carbs/8 net carbs but I'll have a better idea how to get/stay on track by the end of the day so thanks in advance for the wealth of information on this site.
SouthernBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 10:45 AM   #377
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Sailor Girl
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: 28-May-2013
Hello!
My name is Carrie. My username is kind of a long story I don't sail but I recently lost my father who was a submarine sailor in the US Navy. Shortly after I got my puppy, a beautiful, sweet, loving goldendoodle who I named Sailor after my pops. So in that respect, I'm a Sailor Girl.

Anyway. I am 36 yrs old. Mother of 2. and newly married. I am ridiculously happy. I love my live. I have a great job. Just purchased a gorgeous home and I live in the heaven on earth that is Michigan's Upper Peninsula.
And I think that all of the above are reasons that are keeping me fat! lol
Its so hard to change when you are super happy.
But I am so tired of always being the biggest girl in the room. Every single one of my friends are super skinny and gorgeous. I don't EVER measure myself against them. Its just not who I am. I am sure that they are jealous of me for some good reasons too. But I am seriously tired of not feeling comfortable and happy in my skin.
I want to change that. Low Carb has always worked well for me in the past. its just not the easiest thing to stick to.
But here I go again.

Very happy to have found this group.
I am so looking forward to jumping in!

Oh - question.... does this board have a mobile site or an app plug in, like TapaTalk??
I will be on mostly on my phone or iPad and the apps make it much easier.

Thanks!
Sailor Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 11:44 AM   #378
Administrator

Gallery: cheri
Stats: 150 + pounds lost - 4' 11"
Welcome to the site Sailor Girl!! I hope you find this helpful to stay on the plan you are on.. I was going to ask you.. Do you have a photo of your goldendoodle? I ask because I have a Standard Poodle (I used to have 2 but my sweet Romeo died 2 months ago ) I am thinking of getting another one in a year or so.. or I may decide to breed my standard I have already with a lab or golden retriever. I haven't seen a goldendoodle though so thought I would see if you have some pictures. If not that is okay.. Again.. I hope you end up loving this site like I and so many others here do!!

Take care!

cheri

I used to live to eat... now I eat to live!
Don't be a victim of Dieters remorse.. Don't cheat.. stay on plan!
cheri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 12:33 PM   #379
Junior LCF Member

Old 05-30-2013, 12:39 PM   #380
Junior LCF Member

There he is!!
This was taken about 2 months ago.
He is 10 months old now and BIG!! 85lbs! I dont know how much bigger he is going to get. He is the best dog ever. So sweet and smart. I just love him to pieces.
He is an F2 Goldendoodle. Meaning, both of his parents are doodles. So he doesnt have very strong traits of either the Poodle or the Golden Retriever. But hes kinda his own breed. He does have the beautiful Golden tail and I see poodle in his eyes.
He loves to cuddle and mommy is his favorite person on earth.
He will be getting his summer haircut very soon. But I will miss the shaggy puppy!
Old 05-30-2013, 04:09 PM   #381
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: txsgrl77
Stats: 161 start/145 current/ 125 goal
WOE: Atkins Induction phase
Start Date: 5-30-2013
Hi y'all!! I'm a happily married mom of 2 rowdy teens and an 8 month old beautiful baby boy! I've tried everything from the raw food diet to ww and have had little success post pregnancy. I'm hoping this woe will help me to lose! I lost about 35 right after the baby was born so, I'm starting out at 161 and would love to get to about 120-125.

I hope, I hope, I hope
txsgrl77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 06:36 PM   #382
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Muzz
Stats: 501/432/190
WOE: Low-Carbs High-Fat Mob-Pro
HI all just joined site, been do low carb high fat for 3 months .. looking for people who are on the same path ..
Muzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 06:54 PM   #383
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Muzz
Stats: 501/432/190
WOE: Low-Carbs High-Fat Mob-Pro
So my name is Murray and I'm from New Zealand. Am married with two boys and like Sailor girl have a pretty good life. My battle has always been my weight something that I struggled with my entire life. Three months ago I was lucky enough to come across as video by Gary Taubles (why we get fit) on youtube. It has changed my life. I'm treating this journey like I'm an alcoholic except my drug of choice has been refined carbs. My body just can't handle, so I gave them up. Since doing so I cannot believe the amount of energy that I have my general feeling of well-being and mood has been amazing and I feel like I just Woken up out of a very dark place
Muzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 02:46 PM   #384
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lilbeetle
Stats: 165/127/125(5'4)
WOE: Primal with intermittant M&E
Welcome fellow Kiwi I posted to you on the NK thread, but just in case heres a 'coo-ee' here

There was another kiwilady here, but she hasnt posted in a while.
lilbeetle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 05:16 PM   #385
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: gigihein
Stats: 214/202/145
WOE: Atkins New You
Start Date: 04/08/2013
Hi, I started the New Atkin's in April before I read what I was doing but after a few weeks connected with chat in Atkins and found this site now. I think reading other's success stories and hearing what works and doesn't is great support.
I am 55 and a single mother of a 16 year old daughter and 19 year old son. I am a social worker and am often driving all day so it has been challenging since I am not much of a planner. So this has helped me plan more which could never hurt. I have gone up and down a bit but overall have lost 12 lb. I have found the days I am driving all day rushed and can't eat I gained and if I ate an atkins bar or drank a shake my loss was minimal but better than going all day without food.
I really look forward to getting to know people here and sharing recipes. I found the tzaziki sauce here that was low carb and became a member.
Best wishes to the journey to health and vitality!
gigi
gigihein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 05:18 PM   #386
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: gigihein
Stats: 214/202/145
WOE: Atkins New You
Start Date: 04/08/2013
Sailor Girl,
I love goldens for their sweetness and poodles for their smarts, so think this is a great breed. I am up to my ears in cats now, but would love to have a lab or poodle or goldenpoodle one day down the road.
gigi
gigihein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 10:39 AM   #387
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Kath17
Stats: 415/261.4/240
Start Date: May 12, 2013
Re-creating Me

Hi, I started Atkins 3 weeks ago. It's felt like a sink or swim time in my life for a while where my health and weight have restricted my life so severely that I often think I will not live much longer. It saddens me to say that, that I have let myself get to this point. I was afraid to get on the scale and finally did two days ago. I am at 398.8lbs. I was horrified, knowing full well that I had reached over 400lbs. That's not me; but it is who I've become. I work and come home; there's nothing else becasue I am too embarrassed to be seen by people and to be honest have a hard time just walking around any distance.

It's not all doom and gloom, I am feeling so good back on Atkins. I've done atkins several times before; the longert for 8 months, but never had been higher than 340lbs, which I thought I couldn't top. I am overwhelmed by the amount I need to lose, but know that as I lose I will be able to do more again and that's what I want more than anything. I absolutely have more energy, am sleeping better, and can't wait until more things improve (like less pain and not being so out of breathe all the time!).

I took my first step back to exercising today, 10 minutes on exercise bike, that felt ok and was glad I could do it!

I look forward to reading and following the board and getting to know everyone; message boards been a helpful thing in the past.

Kathy
Kath17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 09:04 AM   #388
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: PeanutAddict
Stats: 260/160/140
WOE: not sure yet
Hi friends

I'm 43, mom to 23 & 21 year old boys plus 2 year old twin boys. About 8 years ago I lost over 100 pounds. I've been low carb or relatively low carb most of the time. Doesn't mean I didn't go through periods of potato chip addiction though! Still, I was able to keep all of the weight off for all of those years. Getting pregnant with the twins was a HUGE surprise. But I lost all of the pregnancy weight within about 4 months of giving birth to them.

When the boys were around 9 months old I started creeping upwards. Just a bit at a time you know? Now I'm 15 pounds over my usual weight and am miserable! I am so scared of going back to where I was 8 years ago!

I'm not sure what plan I will use. I suppose I'm most familiar with Atkins. I didn't really follow a specific plan before. The difference is that I have far, far less time to devote to food planning and food prep. Plus I'm older and suspect my metabolism is starting to slow a bit. Ugh.

Jenny
PeanutAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 10:55 AM   #389
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Melinda81
Start Date: June 3, 2013
Time for a positive change!!!

Hello everyone
First off - I am excited about what lies ahead for me.

I had success with LC diet a few years ago only to go back to eating carbs again and gain quite a bit of weight in the last few years. In that time I hurt my back and needed back surgery as well so all the more reason for me to shed these pounds. My hubby and I also are trying to start a family. Hoping this will help!

I hope to find support and friendship here and I will certainly offer the same

Good Luck to all

Melinda
Melinda81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 02:12 PM   #390
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: oystergirl
Stats: 230/213/170
Start Date: May 2013
Hi!

Hi everyone,

I decided to cut carbs 10 days ago because I thought it would support my effort to give up sugar. So far, its been working great! The last time I tried to cut sugar (about 3 years ago) I did not limit carbs and totally struggled with cravings. It was a truly miserable experience and I quit a month in. This time, I'm pleased (and, frankly, shocked) to say that cravings have been no issue. I'm also really tickled to see that I'm actually losing weight (mostly water at this point, I'm sure). I'm not really doing any set plan, but I have consulted the Atkins website and have made an effort to stick to an "induction" limit of 20 carbs/day. Right now, I'm more interested in simply kicking the sugar habit than following any WOE to the letter.

Anyway, I thought I'd join the boards and be social.
Thanks for all the great info!
oystergirl is offline   Reply With Quote