Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Main Lowcarb Lobby
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2013, 07:20 AM   #31
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: raindroproses
Stats: 5'6" - 203/151/150 - Size 14/6/4
WOE: NK (less than 20 total carbs daily)
Start Date: January 25th 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistizoom View Post
I guess I need to try Old Navy! I haven't really gone shopping since October, before I lost any weight, though I have tried on a few things at Walmart and Target. I'm the same size at those stores, so no vanity sizing there.
Oh geez, DEFINITELY shop at Old Navy! It always makes me feel so good about myself Their jeans fit pretty similarly to my other favorite brand though, and their khakis and things like that tend to run a little smaller than some other stores... but their shirts? I tell you, the XS tank tops I wear are like a M anywhere else. And I've been wearing those same XS tops since I was around 190 pounds. They've just mysteriously gotten bigger as I've shrunk

I don't know if we're allowed to link our own pictures up to this thread, but if you want an idea of what an XS Old Navy tank looks like on a 156 pound hourglass... this is their XS:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...ps5358a338.jpg
raindroproses is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-18-2013, 07:25 AM   #32
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: nolcjunk
Stats: Whole foods lc, 110, 5'6
WOE: Atkins - it's a diet
There's also nothing to prevent people from lying on that site, esp since many show their faces. I mean women lie about their weight/sizes al the time in real life. I had a friend that used to always say that she was a size 6. She looked way too big to be a size 6 but I never gave it much thought. Fast forward to her brithday, when the super pricey jeans that she was coveting went on sale and I got them for her right away because it was the last pair in the store in that size. She never wore them and finally confessed that they wouldn't go past her thighs. This is someone who would say that she was a size 6 in that brand.

So take whatever you see with a grain of salt.
nolcjunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 08:54 AM   #33
giJ
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: giJ
Stats: Size 18W+/8
WOE: My own - low carb, high fat, calorie controlled
Start Date: You mean this time? 9 Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by raindroproses View Post

I don't know if we're allowed to link our own pictures up to this thread, but if you want an idea of what an XS Old Navy tank looks like on a 156 pound hourglass... this is their XS:

Holy crap, girl, you look A.Ma.Zing!
giJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 09:04 AM   #34
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mistizoom
Stats: 300/200/190 initial goal
WOE: low carb
Start Date: November 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by nolcjunk View Post
There's also nothing to prevent people from lying on that site, esp since many show their faces. I mean women lie about their weight/sizes al the time in real life. I had a friend that used to always say that she was a size 6. She looked way too big to be a size 6 but I never gave it much thought. Fast forward to her brithday, when the super pricey jeans that she was coveting went on sale and I got them for her right away because it was the last pair in the store in that size. She never wore them and finally confessed that they wouldn't go past her thighs. This is someone who would say that she was a size 6 in that brand.

So take whatever you see with a grain of salt.
I just found someone on that site who weighs 108 lbs. and listed her pants size as 26! I think maybe she meant 26 inches, not women's size 26! Very strange to see her picture in with the rest of those size 26+!
Mistizoom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 09:04 AM   #35
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by giJ View Post
Holy crap, girl, you look A.Ma.Zing!
Awww, thank you! You're too sweet
Old 04-18-2013, 09:06 AM   #36
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I just found someone on that site who weighs 108 lbs. and listed her pants size as 26! I think maybe she meant 26 inches, not women's size 26! Very strange to see her picture in with the rest of those size 26+!
That's probably what it was! I know we're all kind of confused a bit by the US's women's sizes... even those of us FROM the US
Old 04-18-2013, 09:10 AM   #37
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: nolcjunk
Stats: Whole foods lc, 110, 5'6
WOE: Atkins - it's a diet
Quote:
that's a definite mistake. She must have meant a 26 inch waist in jeans.
nolcjunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 09:46 AM   #38
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: baileygirl3
Stats: 177/135/135
WOE: Low Carb
I have a bittersweet relationship with that site. It encourages me to see people at my goal weight, but it kinda discourages me when I see women my size that are in smaller clothes than me blah! oh well, I have to remember, I have given birth to 3 kids and been preggers 4 times though one miscarriage. Everyone is different.
baileygirl3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 10:01 AM   #39
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mistizoom
Stats: 300/200/190 initial goal
WOE: low carb
Start Date: November 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by baileygirl3 View Post
I have a bittersweet relationship with that site. It encourages me to see people at my goal weight, but it kinda discourages me when I see women my size that are in smaller clothes than me blah! oh well, I have to remember, I have given birth to 3 kids and been preggers 4 times though one miscarriage. Everyone is different.
I think we've determined that they are all lying about clothing size.
Mistizoom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 12:05 PM   #40
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Spod
Stats: 240/189/160
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: February 13 2013
I agree about ON having vanity sizing. I am easily in a 14 jeans there as well as size 12 express jeans, but can't fit back into my size 16 lucky jeans or size 14 loft jeans. Crazy, right? Thanks for posting this! I think I'm def smaller than many for my weight since I've been working out so much, but it's exciting to see how much better I'm going to look in even 10 pounds. I'm 5.5 pounds from my half way goal and am so excited I can barely stand it!! I will bookmark this for motivation for sure.
On a side note, I've been taking weekly pictures of my shoulders down to my knees to watch myself shrink and it's been do much fun to see where I'm losing it as I go along. My butt looks completely different than it did at 240. If you have a camera with a timer, I highly recommend recording your journey!

Starting Weight: 240
Goal #1: 213 - met 3/26
Goal #2: 200 - met 5/4
Half way there - rejoined onederland 6/3!
Goal #3: 190 - met 7/2
Goal #4: 180
Goal #5: 170
Goal #6: 160
Spod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 07:39 PM   #41
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: peretroika
Stats: 5'2 140lbs
WOE: Atkins
I love this chart! Some of these girls look so fit and amazing at 5'2 and 140- goes to show the scale isn't the whole story. Cool find!

About the sizing- I actually work in the fashion industry, and all sizes at all companies are different because they use different fit models with different heights, weights, etc, to fit their clothes. If one store tends to have larger customers, they will fit a size small on a girl with a 27 inch waist, where a juniors store might fit on a girl with a 25 inch waist, etc. Never go by dress sizes, they are basically meaningless. Look online at stores clothing charts and try everything on!

That said, I love shopping at Madewell because wooo! Suddenly I'm a size 6!

Last edited by peretroika; 04-18-2013 at 07:40 PM..
peretroika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 07:43 PM   #42
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: peretroika
Stats: 5'2 140lbs
Quote:
Oh geez, DEFINITELY shop at Old Navy! It always makes me feel so good about myself Their jeans fit pretty similarly to my other favorite brand though, and their khakis and things like that tend to run a little smaller than some other stores... but their shirts? I tell you, the XS tank tops I wear are like a M anywhere else. And I've been wearing those same XS tops since I was around 190 pounds. They've just mysteriously gotten bigger as I've shrunk

Lookin good lady!
peretroika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 05:16 AM   #43
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Aleina
Stats: 224/ 172.9 31 Jan /150
WOE: Epi Paleo
Start Date: 15 Nov 2012 various WOES
Quote:
Originally Posted by peretroika View Post
Lookin good lady!
I second that !
Aleina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 05:20 AM   #44
A&F
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: A&F
Stats: 185/138.4/120
Start Date: 7/12/11
Thank you for posting!
A&F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 05:21 AM   #45
A&F
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

Wow! You look FANTASTIC! Great job!
Old 04-19-2013, 06:40 AM   #46
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Babydoll
WOE: LC
Start Date: April 2, 2013
I posted a couple photos there too....I didn't show my face, though...

I didn't lie about my size....I'm sure hoping most people don't....I like to look at the pictures for inspiration and a realistic image of myself....and my goal weight...

(Kind of off topic, but has anyone seen the Dove video for real women? With the forensic artist? It's truly touching....I think all women should see it!)
Babydoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 01:37 AM   #47
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Melodye
Stats: 209/199/160
WOE: WW
Start Date: January 2, 2014
I really enjoyed going to the website and looking at others my size and others my goal size. Gives me motivation. Thanks for the info.
Melodye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 06:35 AM   #48
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AddysMommy
Stats: 188.5/185/145 (5'9")
Start Date: april 2012, restart feb 2014
Awesome site!!
AddysMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 02:50 PM   #49
A&F
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spod View Post
I agree about ON having vanity sizing. I am easily in a 14 jeans there as well as size 12 express jeans, but can't fit back into my size 16 lucky jeans or size 14 loft jeans. Crazy, right? Thanks for posting this! I think I'm def smaller than many for my weight since I've been working out so much, but it's exciting to see how much better I'm going to look in even 10 pounds. I'm 5.5 pounds from my half way goal and am so excited I can barely stand it!! I will bookmark this for motivation for sure.
On a side note, I've been taking weekly pictures of my shoulders down to my knees to watch myself shrink and it's been do much fun to see where I'm losing it as I go along. My butt looks completely different than it did at 240. If you have a camera with a timer, I highly recommend recording your journey!
I agree. The pants I'm fitting back into are supposedly the same size as the ones that are now too big.

That is a fantastic suggestion for everyone to take photos. Wish I had done this from the beginning, but I will definitely be doing so from here on out.
Old 04-21-2013, 04:46 PM   #50

Gallery: Maryposa
Stats: 355/181.0/169
WOE: VSG + NK
Start Date: 1997; Recommit May 2007 @355; VSG March 2010
There is also this one, which is not only women, in case the guys want to check something like this out too...

Photographic Height/Weight Chart - Body Size Gallery

To the OP.... As a rule of thumb, if the site you want to post does NOT: 1. sell anything 2. advertise heavily 3. have active forums or 4. compete with netrition, our sponsor, in any way then you are allowed to link to it...

Even sites that sell things are now allowed to be mentioned but not linked to, so long as they are not direct competition for netrition (for example you can mention that you bought something on amazon, ebay, etc).

If you are ever unsure if a site is allowed (mentioned OR linked to) you can contact a moderator or admin and ask us

10 sizes lost, 1 or 2 to go!
See my weight loss progress on youtube!
my youtube channel for my post-op weight loss surgery (VSG) journey
Maryposa is offline   Reply With Quote