Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Main Lowcarb Lobby (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/)
-   -   In October, I was PO'D...today I'm calling 6 months... (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/802167-october-i-pod-today-im-calling-6-months.html)

Melle's_Sweetheart 04-15-2013 06:13 AM

In October, I was PO'D...today I'm calling 6 months...

Back in October, I returned here after a long absence at 355 lbs, as angry as heck and hoping to get some support for being back on the wagon.

At the time, my thread was great--people supported me and with that encouragement, I soldiered on EVERY DAY and blogged my progress. My thread was moved to the blog section and I stopped sharing on this part of the forum.

Today I'm calling the six month mark at day 182. I thought I'd come back to the main lobby to say hi and remind everyone that I'm still here and I have blogged every single day in six months. When I weighed in last (Thursday) I was 309 lbs. I've lost 46 lbs!

Perhaps I haven't done as well as others, but this is working for me and I intend to keep my promise to blog every day for a year. At the 365 day mark, I'm hoping to have lost close to 100 lbs.

Thanks to everyone here who supported and continues to support me. It sounds really hokey, but I REALLY could not have done it without you!

:hugs:

nolcjunk 04-15-2013 06:17 AM

Congratulations! It's ok if it's slower than some other people, you are still almost 50 pounds lighter than 6 months ago, and that is huge.

I can't wait to hear about your accomplishments at your one year mark.

Jbinme 04-15-2013 06:23 AM

:jumpjoy::jumpjoy::jumpjoy:
You are doing great!

lanita 04-15-2013 06:25 AM

:clap:

princessmommy 04-15-2013 06:28 AM

That's Awesome! I'll admit I have never checked the blogs but i'll check yours out. Kutgw! And don't worry if your loss is slower You will get there! I have to tell myself that a Lot!

lterry913 04-15-2013 06:42 AM

OMG...so glad you posted...happy 6 month anniversary. You seem to be doing well so kutgw. Post Whenever you feel the need or want so we can encourage you or get encouragement from you.

Mistizoom 04-15-2013 06:42 AM

Congrats, you are doing great! I really didn't even know there was a blog section! :o I will definitely check it out!

Rhubarb 04-15-2013 07:57 AM

I check your blog fairly frequently and always enjoy it. You have a wonderful feisty spirit that I know I can turn to when I need a boost.

46 pounds in 6 months is amazing and I doubt you will have any problem making your 100 pound goal. Congratulations!

marieze 04-15-2013 08:00 AM

:sing: rock and Roll!!!!!!

Gretalyn 04-15-2013 08:48 AM

Hi! :hiya:

I remember your original post, but I have to confess that I didn't realize that you'd been moved to the blog section . . . or, um, that we even have a blog section. :o But I'm so glad to hear that you've been hanging in there and that you're having such great success. Congratulations! :high5:

h82bl8 04-15-2013 08:55 AM

AWESOME!!

gotsomeold 04-15-2013 08:57 AM

abby! 04-15-2013 09:40 AM

:jumpjoy::jumpjoy: so happy for you! I know you're going to see this all the way through! Congratulations!

natural_born_texan 04-15-2013 10:14 AM

Great job!!

Mina Vendetta 04-15-2013 11:43 AM

I've been checking your blog pretty regularly, and have been really encouraged by your progress! Keep up the fight!

rubidoux 04-15-2013 11:57 AM

That's amazing! I'm rooting for you! :)

Janknitz 04-15-2013 01:20 PM

You're doing great and 45 lbs in 6 months is AWESOME!!! It took me a year to lose that much and 22 months in I've lost just 60 lbs.

Personally, I think slower is better for so many reasons. It has solidified this as a WAY OF LIFE, not a diet. I won't be so tempted to give up my healthy eating approach, knowing how hard I've worked for EVERY ounce I lost. If it happened quickly, I surely would not appreciate it as much as I do now. I'm eating now the way I intend to eat the REST of my life, no big plans about "when I get to goal I'm going to . . . ". The reality is that I may never get to goal, but I am enjoying where I am too much to give up. I know this is sustainable for the rest of my life. I don't feel deprived, I feel energized and grateful.

If you ever need a boost, go to the pet food store and look for a 50lb sack of dog food. That's just 5 lbs more than you've lost so far. Imagine carrying that around, all day, every day. That's what you used to do. It really helps me put it into perspective when I think about that--I used to carry THAT around in my body every day??? OMG. Or, as someone once said here on the forum, I've lost a toddler (at that time), by this time an elementary school kid!

pocahontas 04-15-2013 08:16 PM

:jumpjoy:

Jakelilydad 04-15-2013 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Janknitz (Post 16374652)
If you ever need a boost, go to the pet food store and look for a 50lb sack of dog food. That's just 5 lbs more than you've lost so far. Imagine carrying that around, all day, every day. That's what you used to do. It really helps me put it into perspective when I think about that--I used to carry THAT around in my body every day??? OMG. Or, as someone once said here on the forum, I've lost a toddler (at that time), by this time an elementary school kid!

I know somebody who bought a can of Crisco every time she lost 3 pounds (or however many pounds in a can of Crisco)...She said that the physical representation of what she used to carry around was a huge motivator when she was tempted to cheat.

jazills 04-15-2013 10:42 PM

Inspirational :D

baileygirl3 04-16-2013 03:54 AM

You are doing a great job, thanks for sharing!!! I am another slow loser. Plus, right now my body is stuck at 140. No matter what I do it just will not budge. I feel the slower I lose though, the more likely I am to keep it off and adjust

Melle's_Sweetheart 04-16-2013 05:54 AM

Thank you to everyone who posted on this thread to give me encouragement!

I hate to call myself a slow loser, but I guess I am. As long as I'm still losing, I'm happy with that! I'd rather lose slowly than not lose at all!

THe 50lb dog food idea is a great one! I'm going to do that! LOL

I would like to invite everyone to visit my blog on the blog board---it's called "PO'D and Back with a Vengeance" and there is also a link in my signature.

Onward and forward and a :birthday: to me!

DairyQueen 04-16-2013 11:32 AM

FANTASTIQUE!!!!!

Biochic 04-16-2013 01:04 PM

Hi Millie!
You inspired me to start my own journal on this forum. I remember thinking " I'll never see day 100" but thanks to you I too have soldiered on. So happy for your success. Keep it up:jumpjoy:

London 04-16-2013 03:22 PM

Melle's_Sweetheart 04-17-2013 05:20 AM

Biochic:

Quote:

I remember thinking " I'll never see day 100" but thanks to you I too have soldiered on.
Wow...that's probably one of the greatest things I've ever heard. I like knowing that my resolve has helped someone else!

Good for you!

Keep on blogging! It REALLY helps, doesn't it?

giJ 04-17-2013 05:57 AM

Great job! You should be very proud of yourself!