Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Main Lowcarb Lobby (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/)
-   -   My 9th Atkins Anniversary (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/802161-my-9th-atkins-anniversary.html)

SkeeterN 04-15-2013 04:16 AM

My 9th Atkins Anniversary
 
Today is a very special day for me. It is my 9th year of doing Atkins. So you could call this my Atkins Anniversary. I made a website recently with my story, plus so far just a few of my favorite recipes. I have to say that I am healthier today than I was 9 years ago. My diet consisted of so many sweets. My husband and I would get a dozen long john donuts and seriously polish off the entire dozen in a day. So many burgers and pizza and yet people seem to say that Atkins is unhealthy. I am so confused why people seem to think avoiding sugar, flour, rice, potatoes etc is unhealthy? I remember one evening thinking goodness I am tired of all this processed junk we eat. Got the Dr. Atkins book and read it. I never looked back.

Here is a link to my story and recipes. I am not selling anything so I believe this is safe to share.

Anitas Low Carb Recipes

Luckyone2934 04-15-2013 05:52 AM

Congrats Skeeter! Happy Atkinsversary! :high5:

A&F 04-15-2013 05:53 AM

Congrats! Thank you for sharing!

clackley 04-15-2013 06:04 AM

:birthday: :birthday::birthday::birthday::birthday:Congratula tions and many more!!

Jbinme 04-15-2013 06:28 AM

:jumpjoy: congrats!

princessmommy 04-15-2013 06:29 AM

Happy Happy Atkinsversary!!

CrzyCatLady 04-15-2013 06:34 AM

Congrats! Keep up the great work!

JerseyGyrl 04-15-2013 06:34 AM

Happy Atkinsversary!!:jumpjoy:
My 9th anniversary was last week.

SkeeterN 04-15-2013 06:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JerseyGyrl (Post 16373750)
Happy Atkinsversary!!:jumpjoy:
My 9th anniversary was last week.

That is so cool! It is a wonderful way of life

lterry913 04-15-2013 06:38 AM

I'm so glad you posted ... I love to hear that people do actually change for life...so many think it can't be done...and here you are as living proof.

SkeeterN 04-15-2013 06:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lterry913 (Post 16373755)
I'm so glad you posted ... I love to hear that people do actually change for life...so many think it can't be done...and here you are as living proof.

I will say that I have NOT cheated in these 9 years. Which to me is quite an accomplishment. Can't say I haven't over eaten legal things though :o

Mistizoom 04-15-2013 06:40 AM

Congrats! Way to go! You now need to update your sig! :)

natural_born_texan 04-15-2013 06:41 AM

Congrats on your milestone, and thanks for sharing your link!

SkeeterN 04-15-2013 06:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mistizoom (Post 16373759)
Congrats! Way to go! You now need to update your sig! :)

Your right I didn't notice that

Thanks

Bluepetals 04-15-2013 12:12 PM

Happy Anniversary!! :jumpjoy::clap: Wow, 9 years!! It really CAN be done. What an inspiration and thanks for posting your website. I can't wait to try some of your recipes.

jabbok 04-15-2013 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkeeterN (Post 16373535)
Today is a very special day for me. It is my 9th year of doing Atkins. So you could call this my Atkins Anniversary. I made a website recently with my story, plus so far just a few of my favorite recipes. I have to say that I am healthier today than I was 9 years ago. My diet consisted of so many sweets. My husband and I would get a dozen long john donuts and seriously polish off the entire dozen in a day. So many burgers and pizza and yet people seem to say that Atkins is unhealthy. I am so confused why people seem to think avoiding sugar, flour, rice, potatoes etc is unhealthy? I remember one evening thinking goodness I am tired of all this processed junk we eat. Got the Dr. Atkins book and read it. I never looked back.

Here is a link to my story and recipes. I am not selling anything so I believe this is safe to share.

Anitas Low Carb Recipes

:jumpjoy::jumpjoy: wtg Anita it's been awhile since I have seen you post, it's nice to see you again.

How is your little grandson Joey doing? I miss the pictures that you use to post of him.

London 04-15-2013 03:21 PM

Congrats!:jumpjoy::jumpjoy::jumpjoy::birthday::birthday:

cfine 04-15-2013 03:58 PM

Wow! Congrats!

SkeeterN 04-15-2013 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jabbok (Post 16375219)
:jumpjoy::jumpjoy: wtg Anita it's been awhile since I have seen you post, it's nice to see you again.

How is your little grandson Joey doing? I miss the pictures that you use to post of him.

He is 4 as of Saturday. Big and beautiful and wonderful. Can you tell I am in love with him!

Trillex 04-15-2013 10:53 PM

Congratulations! That is SO fantastic! You've taken "success story" to a whole new level. Keep going!

jazills 04-16-2013 12:01 AM

Oh wow...I celebrated a month a few weeks back. NINE years...amazing! Can't wait until I can say that!

Proof this is a lifestyle not a diet! KUTGW!! :hugs::):jumpjoy:

Might I add this is very inspirational for us newbs that want to see the long term effects of this woe! You're a pioneer! Thank you!

snowdancer79 04-16-2013 05:13 AM

That's absolutely amazing Anita! I remember you being such a positive role model on this site for me when I first starting seriously low-carbing. Congratulations on 9 years!!

SkeeterN 04-16-2013 05:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snowdancer79 (Post 16375981)
That's absolutely amazing Anita! I remember you being such a positive role model on this site for me when I first starting seriously low-carbing. Congratulations on 9 years!!

If you went to my link I provided. I had a purging disorder that for years I thought was bulimia. Never fit the text book definition of bulimia so therefore, I deceived myself saying I didn't have a problem. It seems unreal that I have gone 9 years without making myself puke just to keep from gaining weight. What a gift Atkins has been to my life and health. Eating that junk isn't worth it for me. I think one of the reasons I have never strayed and went back to my old way of eating is, I fear falling back into my old ways.

My son-in-law teases me all the time when there is something very carby in front of him. He will say, "You can't eat this!" I tell him, actually yes I could but I chose not too eat that. My Mother has said so many times over the 9 years....."You do not know what your missing" The last time she said that, I spoke up and said, Yes I do... Mom and I am not missing gaining weight, the guilt then puking. Saying that do you want me to go back to making myself vomit? She said she was sorry. I hated to say that to her as she is so precious to me but goodness why try and sabotage someone. I told her yesterday that it was my 9th year of doing Atkins. She told me I am an inspiration.:love:

jabbok 04-16-2013 07:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkeeterN (Post 16375454)
He is 4 as of Saturday. Big and beautiful and wonderful. Can you tell I am in love with him!

Wow 4 already they sure grow up fast, how is your daughter doing?


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:10 PM.