Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Main Lowcarb Lobby
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-14-2013, 08:23 PM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Bobbin
WOE: High fat, moderate protein, low carb
Do you think your body has become more sensitive to carbs?

I mean, it seems the longer I go with out processed carby foods, the worse the reaction when/if I do have something. I literally gained 24 lbs over 8 days on my vacation. It was gone within 8 days of being home. That just blows my mind. I just feel like the longer I go without, the more ill-equipped my body becomes at dealing with them. And that's just the stuff I can see. What about inflamation, I wonder if it can go into sort of a hyper active state of destruction after days of eating non-whole foods?

Sponsored Links
Old 04-14-2013, 08:47 PM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: onedimsim
Stats: 261/144/139 - 5'7"
WOE: RxHCG
Start Date: 01/24/2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbin View Post
I mean, it seems the longer I go with out processed carby foods, the worse the reaction when/if I do have something. I literally gained 24 lbs over 8 days on my vacation. It was gone within 8 days of being home. That just blows my mind. I just feel like the longer I go without, the more ill-equipped my body becomes at dealing with them. And that's just the stuff I can see. What about inflamation, I wonder if it can go into sort of a hyper active state of destruction after days of eating non-whole foods?
I mainly haunt the HCG forum, but they talk abt the "Potato Hack" to reduce carb sensitivity from years of low carbing - quite interesting!
onedimsim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 08:49 PM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: rubidoux
Stats: 214/130/130 (5'2")
WOE: HF/MP/LC
Start Date: restart 9/2012
I do feel like I'm more sensitive to carbs, or maybe it is more insensitive to insulin. But I'm not sure what to make of that... like how it should effect my choices. I think I'm banking on it being true that I would at some point go back to a baseline, rather than be stuck at this more sensitive level.

For me, I see the problem pretty starkly in terms of how much insulin I need to dose. I feel like I have to use nearly double the amount for a really carby splurge. And I've seen other type I's say consistent stuff about what happens after you're ketoadapted. (These are people who eat HF/MP/LC, as I do. I actually don't think this happened when I did straight atkins.)

24 pounds in 8 days is pretty darned impressive! lol I'm happy it came back off easily for you.

high fat, moderate protein, very low carb
once a day feeding
rubidoux is offline   Reply With Quote