Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Main Lowcarb Lobby (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/)
-   -   No desire (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/802019-no-desire.html)

jazills 04-13-2013 02:02 PM

No desire

Today my project was to make cupcakes for my niece's 5th birthday party. I did, the ones with the fudge middles --high carb crazy! It's cute for a kids party though!

While I was making them, I didn't lick the bowl, beaters, or my fingers. As they were baking it even smelled terrible to me. My dad (the high carb person in my household) said what? They smell delicious and ate one to test my work out. I could smell how sugary, carby, and just disgusting they were.

I used to have a HUGE desire for sweets and couldn't get enough sugar stuff. NOW I don't have an desire for anything like that.

All I can say is...EW! Anyone else feel this way?

Patience 04-13-2013 02:20 PM

Sounds amazing!
I would be worried to try the one, but it's great that you managed that detachment. Not sure I am at a point where I can detach from a chocolate cupcake if I were in the process of baking them.

Rhubarb 04-13-2013 02:24 PM

I do a lot of baking for social occasions and sometimes I have that reaction ... and sometimes I don't. I don't know what makes the difference. Right now I have an apple pie in the oven and it's killing me.

clackley 04-13-2013 04:14 PM

Firstly, .... Awesome that you have come to that realization!

And for me, I still enjoy the smell of some high carb foods but it is now more like the smell of perfume or flowers...... I don't want to eat that.

princessmommy 04-13-2013 05:04 PM

I'm like Cathy! My Mom is an Incredible baker! I mean Betty crocker is Nothing compared to my Mama! Lol But now that she makes her homemade bread I love the smell But don't really have that desire to eat it. Now I Do still want to Swim in her Homemade caramel turtle cheesecake But I still resist Lol!!

moonmirror 04-13-2013 05:08 PM

I think she said her dad tried one, not her?

Some people could probably try one safely...not me, unfortunately! I wish I didn't like desserts... :(

DiamondDeb 04-13-2013 05:12 PM

I'm not really grossed out by sugary desserts but I have no desire to eat them anymore.

It doesn't bother me at all to be around people eating those things either.

It is a good feeling to be content with healthy foods.

jazills 04-13-2013 05:13 PM

Yea it was my dad. Definitely not me i couldnt stomach it to even try..it literally made me feel kinda sick to the stomach while they were baking. Maybe because i think about how hard ive worked up to this point and i cant let temptation get in my way.

CTH 04-13-2013 08:50 PM

Yes, I've been lucky to have no cravings either. Doritos were my downfall.

Today I made some no carb ice cream because it looked kind of fun and I wanted to see if I could do it. It tasted good but I only had one bite and my kids ate the rest.

I've also noticed I stop eating when I'm full whereas before I would always finish my plate, my wife's plate, etc... And I really only have the desire to eat when I'm actually hungry instead of when something just looks or smells good.

Patience 04-14-2013 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jazills (Post 16371417)
Yea it was my dad. Definitely not me i couldnt stomach it to even try..it literally made me feel kinda sick to the stomach while they were baking. Maybe because i think about how hard ive worked up to this point and i cant let temptation get in my way.

Ok, so much for speed reading . . . :)