LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-13-2013, 11:52 AM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Demonica
Stats: 210/164.9/150
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: February 2010
I'm stuck! What am I doing wrong?

I'm not one who likes to actually ASK for help, but I'm really frustrated right now My weight is refusing to budge. I have more or less gone to Atkins 72' induction. I know I am in ketosis, I do the JUDDD every other day (BP coffee is my main staple on those days). I read alot of the advice from you all when other people ask for advice. So...please critique my menu!

Breakfast on regular days is 3 slices of bacon, 3 eggs scrambled in 1 tbsp of CO and the bacon grease, coffee with CO and HWC (3 cups with 1 tsp of each in each cup)

Lunch is usually steak with butter or salmon with 1 tbsp Frisch's tartar sauce (it has no sugar in it), 1 cup of lettuce with 2 tbsp of shredded cheese, 1 tbsp EVOO and 1 tbsp of ACV, topped with a hard boiled egg.

Dinner is usually a couple hard boiled eggs with 1 tbsp mayo and some mustard all smushed together to make an egg salad type thing, 1 cup of lettuce with 2 tbsp shredded cheese, EVOO and ACV topped with 1 tsp bacon bits.

When I snack, it's either on hard boiled eggs with mayo, tuna with mayo or pork rinds. I drink alot of hot tea without sweetener. I don't drink soda. I have cut out my salad dressings (I love ranch and blue cheese). I keep my splenda servings to 3 or less a day. Maybe my fat intake is too low and protein too high? Open to suggestions!!
~~~
Do not reward yourself with food, you're not a dog
~~~
Your great granny's granny had a term for healthy food...she called it food
Demonica is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-13-2013, 12:01 PM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: nolcjunk
Stats: Whole foods lc, 110, 5'6
WOE: Atkins - it's a diet
What are your calories like? You are near goal and that tends to be a problem. How long have you eaten like this?
nolcjunk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 12:05 PM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

For awhile now. I do try to keep an eye on calories (on "down days" I've been sticking to a little less than 500 with no problems) On regular days, I try to keep them less than 2000. Some days it's alot less than that, closer to between 1500 and 1600.
Old 04-13-2013, 12:17 PM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Have you been doing JUDD for long? Because your calories would be around 1250 average and that should lead to weight loss. Have you tried going back to induction levels/foods? You are also eating dairy at every meal/snack, and that can cause a stall.
Old 04-13-2013, 12:24 PM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Been doing JUDDD for over a year. I thought I had gone back to induction foods, maybe I missed something. I am trying to stick to the induction list in the original DADR book. It may sound like I eat alot of cheese, but only eat the 3- 4 ounces a day he recommends. I only eat 1 tbsp of mayo at a time. I can cut back even more on cheese if that would help, or at least not eat it so often.
Old 04-13-2013, 12:34 PM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

Is lettuce the only vegetable that you eat? He recommends a wider mix, even on induction. I would try to get some more in and limit/cut out dairy for a week or two if you can and see if that helps .

What do you eat on down days?
Old 04-13-2013, 12:46 PM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

On down days, I usually drink a BP coffee for breakfast, 3 regular cups of coffee with 1 tsp HWC in each throughout the day, plenty of water and hot tea. I eat closer to evening and its usually 1/4 C tuna with 1/2 tbsp mayo and a hard boiled egg with 1/2 tbsp mayo and a little mustard all mixed together, but not both "snacks" at the same time. That little bit keeps me satisfied till morning.

The lettuce is the only thing I eat veggie wise right now. I am dying because I am desperatly missing broccoli, green peppers, and mushrooms, but according to DADR 1972, those were for the next level, which I am ready to go up to eithr tomorrow or Monday. I was hesitant about going up to the next "level" because I haven't really lost anything. (although I am back down to my "current" avatar weight.)
Old 04-13-2013, 01:03 PM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lisamt
Stats: 200/187/130
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: December 2012
1500 to 1600 calories on UD's seems low. Even if you are petite, the JUDDD calculator recommends a minimum of 1720 calorie UD's for someone at your current weight; more if you are taller.
lisamt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 01:06 PM   #9
Major LCF Poster!

Have you ever tried the later DANDR? The one with more vegetables and a bigger variety, where they advise get 12-15 of the 20 from vegetables. I just can't imagine sticking to only lettuce, and limiting all the other veg. that must be hard.

I think you need patience most of all, getting to goal requires some extra effort and is the reason why many never get there. Stick to it and it will pay off. You've already lost 50 pounds, which is a huge accomplishment, so you just need more time.

Last edited by nolcjunk; 04-13-2013 at 01:09 PM..
Old 04-13-2013, 01:11 PM   #10
Major LCF Poster!

I originally started out with the original DANDR. That's the version I lost the majority of my weight on. (I lost the rest of it on a carbed out version of JUDDD, but didn't like feeling bloated all the time, so went to a LC version of JUDDD) Then I made the mistake of trying the NANY (New Atkins for a New You) I followed that book for a little while, but nothing happened. I mean NOTHING, except gassiness and stomachaches from hell. Too many veggies that did not agree with me at ALL! So I decided to try the 1972 version. So far my favorite version is 2002.
Old 04-13-2013, 02:49 PM   #11
Senior LCF member

Gallery: Leo41
Stats: 340 then/145 now
WOE: Low carb/calorie cycling
Perhaps I missed it, but how long have you been 'stuck' with no loss at all?

I notice that you've done a lot of 'tweaking' from plan to plan, and perhaps you just need to settle down for a while.

I lost my last 100 lbs on JUDDD, very low carb (lower calories on UDs than the calculator), and although I steadily lost a pound a week, at one point, the scale would show NO loss for 3 weeks, and then the final week of the month, it would go down the 4 lbs, so my loss for the month was the same as the previous month, but I 'appeared' to stall for 3 weeks. This happened twice.

So perhaps you just need to stick with what's worked for you for a little longer.
Leo41 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 03:50 PM   #12
Chatty Cathy

Gallery: clackley
Stats: 228.5/168/125
WOE: N.K.=vlc/hf/moderate protein & organic/pastured
Start Date: Restart Oct 18 2009
It is really impossible to know what (if anything) is wrong with your menu without the actual amounts of your macro nutrients. Anyway you could weigh and measure and then track over a few days.
clackley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 01:46 PM   #13
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mommie22boys
Stats: 211/199/135 5'5.5"
WOE: Paleo/ JUDDD
Start Date: Originally 6/7/07, Now 4/1/13
When was the last time you checked your UD calories with the calculator? Maybe they need adjusting. And then, and here's the hard part, hitting those numbers very closely every UD. No more trying to just keep it under 2000, but sometimes being 300-400 short of that. Besides, it seems like shooting for almost 2000 is too much. I am 40 pounds heavier than you, and that's my UD #...unless you are much shorter than my 65 1/2 inches.

Another thing to look at is your DD calories. Dr. J. says 500 for the first two weeks, then transition to your 20-20% number on DDs. Once you recalculate your UD # (assuming it comes in under 2000), your DD # is gonna be below 500. Being close(r) to goal, you're probably going to have to really respect and hit those numbers pretty closely.

That said, I think your menus look pretty good. KUTGW!

You know the laws of dieting. All gains are water weight. All losses are of fat! --SoHappy
Mommie22boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 02:40 PM   #14
Established

Gallery: mom23kids
Stats: Maintenance
WOE: JUDDD for WL/5:2 IF for maintenance
Fellow Juddd bud here and I also stalled towards the end. Called goal early and just took a maintenance breather for a few weeks. Then back at it and my last few pounds fell off in just a few days-my body just needed to rest. Maybe try your Juddd maintenance numbers for 2-3 weeks and then go back to weight loss mode and see if that helps
mom23kids is offline   Reply With Quote