LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-13-2013, 05:24 AM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: anoirrud
Stats: 240/215/140
WOE: LC (minus fruits)
Start Date: 04/08/2013
Did anyone fall off the banwagon yesterday

I just want you to know you arent alone... I feel so guilty and I totally wasted money that could have gone to something good.... lol Well I am here to tell you that you arent alone... Unless I am the only one... then I am alone.... lol Well on to a better day today yay!! Hoping to drop at least 2 lbs by monday... who is with me!!
anoirrud is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-13-2013, 06:15 AM   #2
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: princessmommy
Stats: 207/176/140-145
WOE: Low Carb!
Start Date: May 21 Yet Again!
I did Last friday after my sons out of town soccer game! My Parents went with us and I wanted to stop somewhere to eat where I knew i'd be able to eat on plan, but my Dad had other plans Lol! We ended up at a Catfish place and while I did Ok with the main meal I didn't do Ok with the appetizers they give you before! Dang those stupid little yummy hushpuppies! I paid for eatting those all this week!
princessmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 07:02 AM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Kateee
Stats: 220/162.2/155 (5'9")
WOE: Atkins Phase 3-4
Start Date: April 2011
Me too, I'm with you

Some days it can't be helped There is a good thread on LCF's, that someone wrote about sustainability in our diets.

We spent all afternoon, the other day, spring cleaning the yard, getting the gardens ready, and raking leaves and burning them. I stayed with my menu up to dinner time 6pm. Then it was too easy to open a can of soup and eat two slices of pizza. It was a chilly spring day, and I wanted hot soup & bread! The sodium is a killer for weight gain, and I too have a 2# weight gain.

April is my two year ATkins Anniversary, and I'm very happy with my weight loss so far.
Kateee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 12:50 PM   #4
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: dariasen
Stats: 241/228/150-140
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: 3/14/13
I did!
Not hard but just letting myself slack a bit. I played hookie from work with my husband so my schedule was off, we ate out (I had a healthy entree but did enjoy some cheese fries), I had so chocolate at home and a little popcorn at a movie held at my son's school.
Nothing I'm going to guilt myself for...but enough to make me recommit this morning.
dariasen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 01:24 PM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kiwistars
Stats: 205/192.5/150 (6 foot tall)
WOE: atkins 1972
Start Date: 1st march
um.I can not even believe how much I went off.Went to a friends place for a coffee.They have a new spa pool so decided to stay for a spa.
They had pizza but are supportive friends so shouted me some chicken tenders so I could stay on plan and got out some grated cheese for my garnishso far ,so good.

Then I had a wine,then another wine,then I stopped checking who was filling my wine,then some pizza topping,then a slice...had a great spa(I think)
I vaguely remember staggering the 10 houses home but man was I ill.Sick 10 times that night and the next morning.
The weird bit?Lunchtime the next day I was so far in ketosis it was nearly black on the ketostix and whoosh,lost the stall that has been bugging me.
Colour me confused.
kiwistars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 01:57 PM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: jazills
Stats: 241.8/241.8/145 - 5'2"
WOE: VLC/NK
Start Date: July, 7 2014
This sort of makes me wonder of "cheat" days are good for being stuck in a rut? Or am I wrong?
jazills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 02:06 PM   #7
Senior LCF Member

I would in NO way recommend doing anything that makes you feel like I did.I had to start on water and stay off plan until lunch as the thought of fat made me sick.I LOVE fat!!

I think I had fun though?
Old 04-13-2013, 02:07 PM   #8
Senior LCF Member

All better now.Lovely fried eggs dripping melted butter.Yum
Old 04-13-2013, 02:10 PM   #9
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: jazills
Stats: 241.8/241.8/145 - 5'2"
WOE: VLC/NK
Start Date: July, 7 2014
OH dear lord! Sounds delicious!
jazills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 06:39 PM   #10
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: cfine
Stats: 276/217/199
WOE: NK
Start Date: April 2012
I don't go off plan much, but we went out with a bunch of family last night. I haven't been to this restaurant in years, and they have the best queso and chips and baked potatoes. I ended up eating both and then we decided to get ice cream on top of that. I had a stomach ache all day today.

For me, a meal like this makes me realize that I don't want to go back to that WOE, ever! It's nice to have something different on occasion though. I'm not sorry I ate what I did, but glad to be back on plan today.

Dieting is hard;being fat is hard; choose your hard.
cfine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 07:59 AM   #11
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Spod
Stats: 240/189/160
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: February 13 2013
I think cheat days do help jumpstart me if the cheat is very small.
I had a Cadbury creme egg yesterday and today the guilt is killing me. I know it's really not such a big deal. I'm still only at like 80 carbs for the day which is fine on SB but I was bad. I was just stuck for a week + after Easter and only lost 1.5 this past week, so I probably shouldn't have gone off plan. No way I'm losing 8 pounds by may 1st. Oh well, onward!!
Spod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 08:49 AM   #12
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Blue Skies
Stats: 224/176/165 - 5'11"
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Feb, 2013
I look at it as a cheat to myself if I DON'T enjoy the occasional treat, so I don't call them cheats. I call them part of my Low carb plan, which I hope will be long term. It does not seem reasonable or natural to me that one would cut out every carb treat forever, unless those foods are not appealing to you.

The caveat is when a treat leads to more treats, and then more treats, till you find yourself totally off the wagon and promising yourself you'll start again "tomorrow." Tomorrow sometimes doesn't come for months or years.

For me, I allow myself the treat, usually in the form of a dinner out, or at someone else's home whose gone to the trouble to make something delish. And I enjoy every bit of it. I shoot for no more than one night a week off the plan, and that's worked for me so far. After all, 6 days doesn't seem too long to wait, gives me something to look forward to and I think, actually strengthens my resolve to stay on plan between treat nights.

After treat night, right back on the plan with no guilt, no beating myself up, no compulsive trips to the scale to get upset with what is water weight---you cannot gain 2 or 3 lbs of fat in one meal.

This is not a diet for me, it's a lifestyle that I'm working on.
Blue Skies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 04:31 AM   #13
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: dariasen
Stats: 241/228/150-140
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: 3/14/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Skies View Post
I look at it as a cheat to myself if I DON'T enjoy the occasional treat, so I don't call them cheats. I call them part of my Low carb plan, which I hope will be long term. It does not seem reasonable or natural to me that one would cut out every carb treat forever, unless those foods are not appealing to you.

The caveat is when a treat leads to more treats, and then more treats, till you find yourself totally off the wagon and promising yourself you'll start again "tomorrow." Tomorrow sometimes doesn't come for months or years.

For me, I allow myself the treat, usually in the form of a dinner out, or at someone else's home whose gone to the trouble to make something delish. And I enjoy every bit of it. I shoot for no more than one night a week off the plan, and that's worked for me so far. After all, 6 days doesn't seem too long to wait, gives me something to look forward to and I think, actually strengthens my resolve to stay on plan between treat nights.

After treat night, right back on the plan with no guilt, no beating myself up, no compulsive trips to the scale to get upset with what is water weight---you cannot gain 2 or 3 lbs of fat in one meal.

This is not a diet for me, it's a lifestyle that I'm working on.

I'm the same way. If I say I'm cheating I feel guilty and will normally end up binging due to the self-inflicted guilt.
I try to look at it as the occasional indulgence. Every Sat. night I indulge in 2 of my favorite chocolates...if I told myself I was "cheating" I'd eat the whole box as quickly as possible and feel horrible afterward...indulging in those 2 pieces helps me savor every bite and enjoy. My mental semantics goes a long way for me.
dariasen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 06:19 AM   #14
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Knittering
Stats: (250) 236/172/150 5'8
WOE: LC
Start Date: Restart: 2/18/13
A bit off plan. :| I find it very, very hard to stay on plan while staying at my MiL's house (carb central, meals served every few hours), which I have to do about every other weekend during the late spring-early fall. I'm going to have to figure out a way to make this work because that's a lot of weekends!
Knittering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 07:35 PM   #15
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Deosil
Stats: 290/221/138 & 5'6"
WOE: Induction (Paleo), JUDDD & IF w/BPC!
Start Date: Jan 11 2013
My first post here and the reason I joined up today instead of lurking was that I have had a bit of a bad run cheating and think I need more of a support system.

I started Atkins and have been in Induction since January 11th and have not cheated once until 4 days ago. I made a LC deep dish pizza that used cream cheese and mozza for the crust. I loaded it with bacon, pepperoni, olives, mushrooms and green peppers and then proceeded to eat the whole thing in two days! Then, the next day I made another pizza using Cleochatra's mozza/cheddar crust. I put the same topping on it and ate all the same day (yesterday) AND felt so bad about it I had a gin and sprite. lol

Today I am trying to put things back together and had a big salad with some bacon and oil and vinegar on it but I think I expected to see more results then I have been seeing lately so therefore the "binge" albeit LC. I am down around 40lbs so far with fairly strict induction and 20 mins cardio a day. I do tend to go "cheese happy" sometimes and really need to watch my cheese intake.

Reading everyone's stories here really does help btw.
Deosil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 05:28 AM   #16
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: cfine
Stats: 276/217/199
WOE: NK
Start Date: April 2012
Welcome Deosil. Wow, 40lbs since January?? That is fabulous. It sounds like your "cheat" wasn't all that bad. If you are going to eat more food than you should, it's best to do it with cheese
cfine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 12:38 PM   #17
Senior LCF Member

If you made the drink with diet mixer that wouldn't be a 'cheat' that would have been a Tuesday
Old 04-17-2013, 03:33 PM   #18
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Deosil
Stats: 290/221/138 & 5'6"
WOE: Induction (Paleo), JUDDD & IF w/BPC!
Start Date: Jan 11 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwistars View Post
If you made the drink with diet mixer that wouldn't be a 'cheat' that would have been a Tuesday
I actually DID use Sprite Zero! lol However, it made me feel kind of physically (not just bad because I cheated!) crappy. That Sprite Zero tasted SO SWEET!

@cfine: Thank you so much for the Welcome!
Deosil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 07:24 PM   #19
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tymom
Stats: Big/ not so big/ small
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: August (this time around)
Not yesterday but today. ugh.
tymom is offline   Reply With Quote