Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Main Lowcarb Lobby
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-13-2013, 04:30 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Gladiator
It is Saturday, I'm home and more difficult to keep out of fridge

HI

Just the notice, it might be helpful for others that if you have more temptation today, you are not alone.

tc
Gladiator
Gladiator is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-13-2013, 04:52 AM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Biochic
Stats: 192/141/?? 5'2"
WOE: Atkinesque
Start Date: 12/28/12
Stay strong. I hate when the fridge starts calling my name
Biochic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 06:04 AM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: raindroproses
Stats: 5'6" - 203/151/150 - Size 14/6/4
WOE: NK (less than 20 total carbs daily)
Start Date: January 25th 2013
Awww, I know how that is... mine strikes at really odd, random times though usually. And of course my roommate is NOT LC-ing it, so there's lots of junk food laying around that I have to fight off when I'm home

Stay strong, and KUTGW... you can make it!
raindroproses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 07:49 AM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mistizoom
Stats: 300/200/190 initial goal
WOE: low carb
Start Date: November 2012
Weekends are tough for me too. I tend to get "snacky" and have more head hunger on weekends. Don't think as much about eating when I am at work during the week, unless I am actually hungry. Doing ok this morning so far, but I've had to talk myself out of eating a couple of things already!
Mistizoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 07:53 AM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by raindroproses View Post
Awww, I know how that is... mine strikes at really odd, random times though usually. And of course my roommate is NOT LC-ing it, so there's lots of junk food laying around that I have to fight off when I'm home

Stay strong, and KUTGW... you can make it!
Thanks.
to be with a lots of junks is not good, I will keep it up

Last edited by Gladiator; 04-13-2013 at 07:59 AM..
Old 04-13-2013, 07:56 AM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistizoom View Post
Weekends are tough for me too. I tend to get "snacky" and have more head hunger on weekends. Don't think as much about eating when I am at work during the week, unless I am actually hungry. Doing ok this morning so far, but I've had to talk myself out of eating a couple of things already!
Thanks you and others you are helpful for me.

I should plan activities for my weekends.
Old 04-13-2013, 07:58 AM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biochic View Post
Stay strong. I hate when the fridge starts calling my name
Thanks
I shouted back to it, No
Have a nice weekend
Old 04-13-2013, 08:05 AM   #8
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: bacon bit
Stats: 201/137.2/135 5'2"/33 yrs
WOE: Moving up the Induction ladder
Start Date: May 2011
This is why I can't be home! In public I feel like everyone will be watching me if I eat carbs so I'm accountable. At home, I hear someone calling and I go to the kitchen and it's the carbs. I have to stay out of that room. Sometimes that means going on the opposite end of the house.
bacon bit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 08:50 AM   #9
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Blue Skies
Stats: 224/175/165 - 5'11"
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Feb, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by bacon bit View Post
This is why I can't be home! In public I feel like everyone will be watching me if I eat carbs so I'm accountable. At home, I hear someone calling and I go to the kitchen and it's the carbs. I have to stay out of that room. Sometimes that means going on the opposite end of the house.
Something what helps me with crave attacks is my growing list of low carb treats. I find that often I'm really just craving something that tastes good to me, and feels snacky.

Here's some of my faves: Cream/dark cherry sodas, Trader Joe's stuffed mushrooms (I bake three and add more cheese), a square or two of my fave dark chocolate/almond bar, cheese crisps with sour cream and salsa, celery with any one of my fave dips or peanut butter---and I'm making my first batch of fat bombs this weekend. Always looking for low carb snack treats and adding to my list.

For me, it's best to give the crave something on the plan, the sooner the better.
If I don't, it doesn't pass, it just builds. Once I've had something that really tastes good to me, and it doesn't have to be a lot, I'm done.
Blue Skies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 08:54 AM   #10
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

The best for me is that you are here.
Old 04-13-2013, 08:57 AM   #11
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Pami
WOE: LC JUDDD
Find something to do that will keep you immobilized for a while-
in a room that doesn't have food readily available.
And remember the difference between hunger and appetite.
Pami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 09:09 AM   #12
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pami View Post
Find something to do that will keep you immobilized for a while-
in a room that doesn't have food readily available.
And remember the difference between hunger and appetite.

thanks,Pami
you have an interesting avatar
Old 04-13-2013, 09:09 AM   #13
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: bacon bit
Stats: 201/137.2/135 5'2"/33 yrs
WOE: Moving up the Induction ladder
Start Date: May 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Skies View Post
Something what helps me with crave attacks is my growing list of low carb treats. I find that often I'm really just craving something that tastes good to me, and feels snacky.

Here's some of my faves: Cream/dark cherry sodas, Trader Joe's stuffed mushrooms (I bake three and add more cheese), a square or two of my fave dark chocolate/almond bar, cheese crisps with sour cream and salsa, celery with any one of my fave dips or peanut butter---and I'm making my first batch of fat bombs this weekend. Always looking for low carb snack treats and adding to my list.

For me, it's best to give the crave something on the plan, the sooner the better.
If I don't, it doesn't pass, it just builds. Once I've had something that really tastes good to me, and it doesn't have to be a lot, I'm done.
I usually do fine just eating something like pork rinds, but what I've learned is that I have to store them not in the kitchen, otherwise when I return them, I think I'm still hungry. It doesn't really happen that often. And I always do all my food prep on Sundays so that I have go-to snacks available and my meals are all ready to go as well. The good part is that the only carbs I really have in the house are the occasional kid carb treats and their higher carb "kid" foods like macaroni and cheese or fruit snacks. They mostly eat what I do. Sometimes a fruit snack never sounded so...loud.

Read me
And also...
bacon bit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 10:50 AM   #14
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Blue Skies
Stats: 224/175/165 - 5'11"
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Feb, 2013
Quote:
I usually do fine just eating something like pork rinds, but what I've learned is that I have to store them not in the kitchen, otherwise when I return them, I think I'm still hungry. It doesn't really happen that often. And I always do all my food prep on Sundays so that I have go-to snacks available and my meals are all ready to go as well. The good part is that the only carbs I really have in the house are the occasional kid carb treats and their higher carb "kid" foods like macaroni and cheese or fruit snacks. They mostly eat what I do. Sometimes a fruit snack never sounded so...loud.
Wow, I am so impressed with you guys who do all your food prep on Sundays.
I'd like to grow into doing more ahead. My husband has always been the cook in the family, me not so much. So I have recently done more cooking than in like, forever. Can't say I love the cooking, but I like the results. So am trying to learn how to schedule making more ahead of time and find what works for me.

On the snacks issue, we're having some friends over for dinner tonight, and I wanted to make some low carb appetizers. When I went to the appetizer recipes on this site I was thrilled to see so many things I can make for treats for just little old me any old day---great source of ideas for low carb treats to keep on hand.
Blue Skies is offline   Reply With Quote