Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Main Lowcarb Lobby (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/)
-   -   It is Saturday, I'm home and more difficult to keep out of fridge (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/801988-saturday-im-home-more-difficult-keep-out-fridge.html)

Gladiator 04-13-2013 04:30 AM

It is Saturday, I'm home and more difficult to keep out of fridge

HI

Just the notice, it might be helpful for others that if you have more temptation today, you are not alone.

tc
Gladiator

Biochic 04-13-2013 04:52 AM

Stay strong. I hate when the fridge starts calling my name:annoyed:

raindroproses 04-13-2013 06:04 AM

Awww, I know how that is... mine strikes at really odd, random times though usually. And of course my roommate is NOT LC-ing it, so there's lots of junk food laying around that I have to fight off when I'm home :annoyed:

Stay strong, and KUTGW... you can make it! :hugs:

Mistizoom 04-13-2013 07:49 AM

Weekends are tough for me too. I tend to get "snacky" and have more head hunger on weekends. Don't think as much about eating when I am at work during the week, unless I am actually hungry. Doing ok this morning so far, but I've had to talk myself out of eating a couple of things already!

Gladiator 04-13-2013 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raindroproses (Post 16370433)
Awww, I know how that is... mine strikes at really odd, random times though usually. And of course my roommate is NOT LC-ing it, so there's lots of junk food laying around that I have to fight off when I'm home :annoyed:

Stay strong, and KUTGW... you can make it! :hugs:

Thanks.
to be with a lots of junks is not good, I will keep it up

Gladiator 04-13-2013 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mistizoom (Post 16370582)
Weekends are tough for me too. I tend to get "snacky" and have more head hunger on weekends. Don't think as much about eating when I am at work during the week, unless I am actually hungry. Doing ok this morning so far, but I've had to talk myself out of eating a couple of things already!

Thanks you and others you are helpful for me.

I should plan activities for my weekends.

Gladiator 04-13-2013 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Biochic (Post 16370344)
Stay strong. I hate when the fridge starts calling my name:annoyed:

Thanks
I shouted back to it, No:)
Have a nice weekend

bacon bit 04-13-2013 08:05 AM

This is why I can't be home! In public I feel like everyone will be watching me if I eat carbs so I'm accountable. At home, I hear someone calling and I go to the kitchen and it's the carbs. I have to stay out of that room. Sometimes that means going on the opposite end of the house.

Blue Skies 04-13-2013 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bacon bit (Post 16370615)
This is why I can't be home! In public I feel like everyone will be watching me if I eat carbs so I'm accountable. At home, I hear someone calling and I go to the kitchen and it's the carbs. I have to stay out of that room. Sometimes that means going on the opposite end of the house.

Something what helps me with crave attacks is my growing list of low carb treats. I find that often I'm really just craving something that tastes good to me, and feels snacky.

Here's some of my faves: Cream/dark cherry sodas, Trader Joe's stuffed mushrooms (I bake three and add more cheese), a square or two of my fave dark chocolate/almond bar, cheese crisps with sour cream and salsa, celery with any one of my fave dips or peanut butter---and I'm making my first batch of fat bombs this weekend. Always looking for low carb snack treats and adding to my list.

For me, it's best to give the crave something on the plan, the sooner the better.
If I don't, it doesn't pass, it just builds. Once I've had something that really tastes good to me, and it doesn't have to be a lot, I'm done.

Gladiator 04-13-2013 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bacon bit (Post 16370615)

The best for me is that you are here.:)

Pami 04-13-2013 08:57 AM

Find something to do that will keep you immobilized for a while-
in a room that doesn't have food readily available.
And remember the difference between hunger and appetite.

Gladiator 04-13-2013 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pami (Post 16370682)
Find something to do that will keep you immobilized for a while-
in a room that doesn't have food readily available.
And remember the difference between hunger and appetite.

thanks,Pami
you have an interesting avatar

bacon bit 04-13-2013 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blue Skies (Post 16370674)
Something what helps me with crave attacks is my growing list of low carb treats. I find that often I'm really just craving something that tastes good to me, and feels snacky.

Here's some of my faves: Cream/dark cherry sodas, Trader Joe's stuffed mushrooms (I bake three and add more cheese), a square or two of my fave dark chocolate/almond bar, cheese crisps with sour cream and salsa, celery with any one of my fave dips or peanut butter---and I'm making my first batch of fat bombs this weekend. Always looking for low carb snack treats and adding to my list.

For me, it's best to give the crave something on the plan, the sooner the better.
If I don't, it doesn't pass, it just builds. Once I've had something that really tastes good to me, and it doesn't have to be a lot, I'm done.

I usually do fine just eating something like pork rinds, but what I've learned is that I have to store them not in the kitchen, otherwise when I return them, I think I'm still hungry. It doesn't really happen that often. And I always do all my food prep on Sundays so that I have go-to snacks available and my meals are all ready to go as well. The good part is that the only carbs I really have in the house are the occasional kid carb treats and their higher carb "kid" foods like macaroni and cheese or fruit snacks. They mostly eat what I do. Sometimes a fruit snack never sounded so...loud. :)

Blue Skies 04-13-2013 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bacon bit (Post 16370709)
I usually do fine just eating something like pork rinds, but what I've learned is that I have to store them not in the kitchen, otherwise when I return them, I think I'm still hungry. It doesn't really happen that often. And I always do all my food prep on Sundays so that I have go-to snacks available and my meals are all ready to go as well. The good part is that the only carbs I really have in the house are the occasional kid carb treats and their higher carb "kid" foods like macaroni and cheese or fruit snacks. They mostly eat what I do. Sometimes a fruit snack never sounded so...loud. :)

Wow, I am so impressed with you guys who do all your food prep on Sundays.
I'd like to grow into doing more ahead. My husband has always been the cook in the family, me not so much. So I have recently done more cooking than in like, forever. Can't say I love the cooking, but I like the results. So am trying to learn how to schedule making more ahead of time and find what works for me.

On the snacks issue, we're having some friends over for dinner tonight, and I wanted to make some low carb appetizers. When I went to the appetizer recipes on this site I was thrilled to see so many things I can make for treats for just little old me any old day---great source of ideas for low carb treats to keep on hand.