Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Main Lowcarb Lobby
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2013, 05:20 PM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: sedwardsx99
15 lbs or less??

Hi I am a 21 5' 6" year old female Physician Assistant student who started weighing 144, my boyfriend has his masters in clinical exercise physiology and has promoted the low carb life style to me on many occasions. A month ago I started low carb and LOVED it but only thought of it as a temporary fix... and got really tired. This time around I was focused and determined to lose weight and feel good. Its been 13 days since i started low carb by low carb I mean 20 carbs or less, I REALLY aim for this but I'm a college senior who likes to drink so I've drinked a couple of nights vodka tonics of course. I have not weighed myself only because my scale is not here but I FEEL GREAT! my tight clothes are loose! and I have confidene and Ive never felt better! Is there anyone else on here who is only losing 15 or less? I read these all the time and I'm happy t finally have a voice in it.
sedwardsx99 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-12-2013, 05:26 PM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: raindroproses
Stats: 5'6" - 203/151/150 - Size 14/6/4
WOE: NK (less than 20 total carbs daily)
Start Date: January 25th 2013
I'm at the 15 pounds or less stage now too pretty much, so you're definitely not alone I'm doing under 20 total carbs per day as well oddly enough... though I'm not sure if your 20 carbs are net or total. I follow NK, so I don't deduct fiber.

My 150 goal isn't necessarily my end goal, but I think I'll probably settle with somewhere between 140-150 once I start toning and adding a bit of muscle in place of this body fat I've still got to get rid of. I used to think I'd lose an additional 20 from my first goal and stick around 130 but with a larger framed body I don't think that's really feasible if I want to have any muscle mass at all... I'd probably be bones with some skin hanging off of it at that point

Welcome to the forums!
raindroproses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 05:27 PM   #3
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Strawberry
Hi!! Great to have you join us!!

I'm also fighting to lose just 5-10 lbs and really tone up. Its not easy to lose those last few lbs! I have to really watch portion sizes (I do that because I would go insane if I had to count calories for every single thing)
Strawberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 06:17 PM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Girlieschmoo
Stats: 142/124/121
WOE: Maria Emmerich and "No S"
I have less than 5 til goal. Waaaay harder at this point...feels like I will never get there . I agree with you Strawberry...have to be super focused on portion control and calories (I do count them but am sick of it).

Sounds like all is going well and you are being successful!
Girlieschmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 06:19 PM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: canadiangirl
Stats: 162/125/125
WOE: Low Carb/ ReducedCalorie
Start Date: June 12, 2012
I am at the 10-15 pound mark myself! Have been for months but I have made working out/running my new goal so even though the scale is not going down I am losing inches and toning big time. I have my weight goal set at 125 but that just might not be in the cards....I made it to 134 but then started working out and have gone up to 139! I am starying to cut calories but it is hard when I am working out.
canadiangirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 06:37 PM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Punkin
Stats: 160/95/100
WOE: NK or LC
I'm somewhere around 3 to 5lbs from goal. I have some really stubborn fat deposits which are what I am working on losing right now. The rules seem definitely different when you get closer to goal. Welcome to the forum.
Punkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 06:51 PM   #7
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: sedwardsx99
Hi all! thanks for all the responses I am a yoyo dieter, by that I don't really gain much maybe tops 148 and low 138. I love the gym, I work out 5 times a week on average, however as mentioned above I'm in Physician Assistant school and its stressful and long hours. Therefore, the gym and I aren't always together. Needless to say this week I think I'm going to get back into the gym I can usually do 40 min+ of cardio, so hopefully that will boost my weight loss. I constantly diet then stop, this time I REALLY want to lose those pounds for good, my goal weight is 130.. so hopefully i get there So happy I found this forum
sedwardsx99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 08:40 PM   #8
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: reddarin
Stats: 6' 47y/o 265/193/170
WOE: NK
Start Date: Aug 13, 2011
I don't drink myself and I am not a big fan of it if you are trying to lose weight but google for zero carb alcohol and you can have some drinks guilt free, or almost guilt free, on the carb side of things.
reddarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 06:10 AM   #9
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: MaryMary
Stats: Then 376 / Now 157
WOE: Vegan ETL GS NMW!
Start Date: Jan 2001
I have just a few moew pounds to go but take it day by day and keep doing what I have done for the last 12 years. Reaching some magical number at this point is not going to change my life. What changes is my attidtude toward the number. It is not me. I am much more than that. I feel great and if I lose more...super...and if not...no sweat. I am not changing my foods anymore. I get some exercise, have a job I love, lost all my weight while starting and going through menopause with no excuses. Turned 65 this year and am celebrating with a face and neck lift! No alcohol for this gal! Who needs it to numb the feelings of what life is all about! I get to see my grandkids in a couple months and lookin forward to it. I have a life today!

MaryMary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 01:30 PM   #10
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: shipshemom
Stats: 131/110 (5'0)
WOE: VLC/Maintenance
Start Date: Jan., 2011
My weight loss goal was 20 lbs. It took me about 6 mos. It seemed very slow at times, but the weight steadily came off. I have stayed within 5 lbs of that goal for almost 2 yrs now. I have to stay around 20g carbs/day to maintain it. I have been a yoyo dieter all my life too. LC has been the only thing that has worked for me.
shipshemom is offline   Reply With Quote