Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Main Lowcarb Lobby (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/)
-   -   I'm seriously grateful for DANDR (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/801946-im-seriously-grateful-dandr.html)

Trillex 04-11-2013 11:02 PM

I'm seriously grateful for DANDR

I know that not everyone in the forum is an Atkins dieter but I would just like to take a moment to say how grateful I, personally, am for the absolute freakin' genius of the late Dr Atkins! Thursday was my 11th month anniversary of following Dr Atkins New Diet Revolution (2002) and, without even addressing the pounds I've lost or the health improvements I've made, I would like to note how genuinely remarkable it is that I have been able to stick with a diet for 11 months.

I'm not a "dieter." I'm not proud of it but I am an incredibly spoiled brat. My parents spoiled me. I have two big brothers who spoil me. My friends spoil me. Even my students spoil me. I'm accustomed to getting my way. And I have a very difficult time denying myself things I want. Despite my shortcomings of character, though, this diet has been flexible enough and comprehensive enough to allow even a ridiculous princess like me to follow a diet for 11 months without feeling bitter, angry, or deprived. That is just AMAZING to me! I honestly feel that weightloss or whatever is secondary to the fact that this is a program that I could actually stick with for almost a year without totally flipping my wig.

I'm sure that 90% of that is just matching the right program with the right person. But still... God bless Dr Atkins!

Just sayin'.

Rebecca1979 04-11-2013 11:19 PM

I love this post and I couldn't agree more!

Punkin 04-12-2013 03:30 AM

Yes. I love the book too. I bought it even though I am so close to goal. It basically taught me how to maintain my weight, which before I was absolutely clueless. I know how to lose weight, I just had no clue how to keep it there. I, and other people in my family are classic yoyo dieters. Atkins, the genius, gives a protocol for weight maintenance for people who have issue with carbs and that is just as important as having a weight loss plan.

upnort3 04-12-2013 04:14 AM

I love this post! It's so true. I have battled weight all of my life. But this WOE just seems to fit. Do I have days that I slip? Yes. But I know now that I feel much better, that my clothes fit better, and that with this WOE I don't feel deprived, hungry, or feel like I am missing out on something. We getto eat such good food! :jumpjoy:

cfine 04-12-2013 05:18 AM

Thanks for posting!

clackley 04-12-2013 05:26 AM

I agree. He was miles ahead of his time! Think of how different the health of the Western world could have been if he had been given the acceptance that was his due...

at_last 04-12-2013 05:26 AM

Exactly how I feel! Great post!

BecBelle 04-12-2013 05:18 PM

I would not be here without Dr.Atkins.I am not following the Atkins plan now, but his book was the first place that I found hope that I wasn't doomed forever by my body.

My Mom has been low carbing for 4 to 5 years has been diagnosed with diabetes. Without the breakthrough she had with this WOE she would have become a brittle diabetic. I am in the process of heading this off at the pass.

MtherGoos 04-12-2013 05:54 PM

I also agree!! Love, love, love Dr Atkins!!

Trillex, I want to thank you too, because you're a constant source of support, inspiration, and really really great information and advice!

Arctic_Mama 04-13-2013 01:18 AM

Absolutely. Atkins has been a huge blessing to me for health AND weight. It's pretty much the perfect plan, short of having no food or weight issues ;). But since I do, I'm so blessed to have come across DANDR.