Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Main Lowcarb Lobby (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/)
-   -   McDonalds Premium McWrap (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/801702-mcdonalds-premium-mcwrap.html)

TheSouthernPrincess 04-10-2013 02:24 PM

McDonalds Premium McWrap

So at the MickeyD's in Denver, CO (not sure if everywhere) you can get the new Premium McWrap for only $1 with a beverage purchase . If you take off the tortilla, its only 8g carbs (6g net carbs), and they are super tasty and filling! I tried the chicken and ranch one, the sweet chili one is higher in carbs (10g total, 9g net), and the chicken bacon one is less carbs (6g total, 5g net). Anyway, just wanted to share in case anyone needed a quick lunch. I believe this deal is until the 14th, but I can't remember. Happy LCing!

cfine 04-10-2013 06:44 PM

Oh man, I might try the chicken and ranch one with an unsweetened tea. $2 total for a meal is not bad ;)

Mommie22boys 04-10-2013 06:47 PM

The sign today at our local (Rochester area) McD's says that it's free with a medium or large beverage purchase through the 13th. Free is good. :)

Chocolate Rose 04-10-2013 07:20 PM

Hmmmm, I've seen these advertised on tv. I may give them a try this weekend. The McDonald's website has the ingredient and nutritional info for all three. They all have a bit of sugar in them and that makes me nervous. But, I still may give them a try.

Ntombi 04-10-2013 09:34 PM

Not me. The bunless McDouble is just over a dollar, and has nothing but beef. A much better option for me.

I don't do their chicken, too many non-chicken ingredients.

Blue Skies 04-10-2013 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ntombi (Post 16366322)
Not me. The bunless McDouble is just over a dollar, and has nothing but beef. A much better option for me.

I don't do their chicken, too many non-chicken ingredients.

Hmmmmm. "nothing but beef." But what kind of beef, raised how and with what the heck added to it to make it affordable and go further?

Hey, I LOVE an occasional BIG MAC and other naughty no no's from McDonald's.
But I guess I just think that with or without the bun, one is better off driving past rather than driving through. I'd take my chances at a local diner with a burger without a bun, before I'd trust McDonalds

I do agree, I never eat their chicken, because it doesn't taste like chicken to me, and I hate to think what's going on there. Which is why I also hate to think what's going on with their "beef."

Ntombi 04-10-2013 11:48 PM

Well, I'm not claiming it's good beef, but there isn't anything but beef, unlike their chicken and fish offerings.

My point is that if you're going to eat McDonald's and stay on plan, I think the burgers are a better option. I don't recommend for or against fast food. It's a fact of life for some people, so making better choices within that framework is important.

Blue Skies 04-11-2013 08:14 AM

It's a fact of life for some people, so making better choices within that framework is important.[/QUOTE]

I agree. It's funny, but when I begin to eat better I lose my interest in drive throughs, just doesn't sound good to me. But I've certainly eaten my share of the stuff.

Love cheese burgers though and think I'll try making my own lettuce wrap.

raindroproses 04-11-2013 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blue Skies (Post 16366328)
Hmmmmm. "nothing but beef." But what kind of beef, raised how and with what the heck added to it to make it affordable and go further?

Hey, I LOVE an occasional BIG MAC and other naughty no no's from McDonald's.
But I guess I just think that with or without the bun, one is better off driving past rather than driving through. I'd take my chances at a local diner with a burger without a bun, before I'd trust McDonalds

I do agree, I never eat their chicken, because it doesn't taste like chicken to me, and I hate to think what's going on there. Which is why I also hate to think what's going on with their "beef."

Actually, if you look at their website's nutritional content and their list of ingredients on the beef patties it now says "100% beef" and NO fillers/extenders/anything like that. I'm pretty sure if there was something else in it they'd have to tell you or they'd be in for a HUGE lawsuit... so since they changed their menu up, it seems to me like there's no difference between ordering a burger at McDonalds and cooking up an equal sized patty yourself really. Other than the price and convenience cost, that is.

Dottie 04-11-2013 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheSouthernPrincess (Post 16365649)
So at the MickeyD's in Denver, CO (not sure if everywhere) you can get the new Premium McWrap for only $1 with a beverage purchase . If you take off the tortilla, its only 8g carbs (6g net carbs), and they are super tasty and filling! I tried the chicken and ranch one, the sweet chili one is higher in carbs (10g total, 9g net), and the chicken bacon one is less carbs (6g total, 5g net). Anyway, just wanted to share in case anyone needed a quick lunch. I believe this deal is until the 14th, but I can't remember. Happy LCing!

I picked up the grilled one a few days ago and it was packed with lettuce and tomato, but only 1 strip of bacon and 3 chunks of chicken. I don't know what they're saying the stats are, but I'm going to guess it was maybe 2oz of chicken total, not much at all.
On the other hand, the lettuce and tomato was very fresh and not wilted.

Blue Skies 04-11-2013 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raindroproses (Post 16366999)
Actually, if you look at their website's nutritional content and their list of ingredients on the beef patties it now says "100% beef" and NO fillers/extenders/anything like that. I'm pretty sure if there was something else in it they'd have to tell you or they'd be in for a HUGE lawsuit... so since they changed their menu up, it seems to me like there's no difference between ordering a burger at McDonalds and cooking up an equal sized patty yourself really. Other than the price and convenience cost, that is.

Good to know. Still, there is a difference for me, because we buy grass fed cows from a local farmer, so I've gotten spoiled knowing exactly where my meat comes from and how it was raised treated. My husband found him after learning too much about the "mass beef" culture. Frankly, sometimes I wish he hadn't shared all that info with me :eek:

astribling 04-12-2013 11:28 AM

I tried one of the ranch wraps today. Unfortunately our McDs did not have the $1 special going on, and the regular price was $3.99! It was ok, but definitely NOT worth $3.99. I doubt I will be ordering it again.

Dottie 04-12-2013 12:51 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I checked the site, without the tortilla info below.
I am a little surprised, maybe I was shorted on the chicken because there was nowhere near 5-6oz of chicken breast on mine. (at 210 cals, it would be around that much chicken).

astribling 04-12-2013 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dottie (Post 16369542)
I checked the site, without the tortilla info below.
I am a little surprised, maybe I was shorted on the chicken because there was nowhere near 5-6oz of chicken breast on mine. (at 210 cals, it would be around that much chicken).

If you play with their little customizer and take away everything but the chicken, there is only 90 calories left. So 90 calories of chicken is what, maybe 3 oz, if that! Kind of a rip off, if you ask me!

Dottie 04-12-2013 02:03 PM

:doh:
Thank you, I was reading that completely wrong :p

drjlocarb 04-12-2013 02:15 PM

I was under the impression the wraps were 1/2 of the sandwich fixings in a wrap. Are the premium wraps different than the snack wraps?

mainemom 04-13-2013 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ntombi (Post 16366368)
Well, I'm not claiming it's good beef, but there isn't anything but beef, unlike their chicken and fish offerings.

My point is that if you're going to eat McDonald's and stay on plan, I think the burgers are a better option. I don't recommend for or against fast food. It's a fact of life for some people, so making better choices within that framework is important.

Good post, Ntombi. While of course there are better choices than fast food, making LC a lifestyle means making the best choices that fit at the time, in that particular situation, every day.

tymom 04-13-2013 09:32 AM

Hi- clarification: Premium McWrap: this is an entirely NEW product and uses a whole portion of the chicken breast (same chicken as on the crispy or grilled sandwiches). Plus lettuce, cukes, tomato, etc depending on which of the three versions you choose.

This is not the same thing as the much smaller Snack Wrap which is completely different and uses a half portion of the chicken,