LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2013, 01:30 PM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Darkginger
Stats: 197/147/147
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: August 2004 (properly)
A very 'out there' suggestion - vaping your cravings :D

I recently switched from smoking to vaping (which is basically using e-cigs, only it's more complicated than that - I don't use something that looks like a cigarette, I use a battery with an atomiser on top into which you pour flavoured juice which contains nicotine - hence feeding the addiction whilst breaking the habit).

Anyway - the way I'm using this vaping thing is to gradually reduce my nicotine levels down (have gone down from 20mg to 11 mg in the first month, will gradually reduce nicotine content until it's nil). The 'juices' come in hundreds of flavours - everything from bacon to cherry bakewell tart - and each and every one of them is calorie and carb free

So - I was thinking, given that all these flavours are available with 0 nicotine content, why not vape your craving? I spend a lot of each day vaping a chocolate donut flavoured juice, also a vanilla custard one, and today I got apple pie I have cappuccino, caramel, a sweet lemon...you can get lemon meringue pie, rhubarb crumble...all sorts

This is of obvious benefit to smokers, but could possibly be helpful to non smokers who just want the taste of these things - the juices are made up of vegetable glycerine (VG) and propylene glycol (PG), flavouring, and nicotine (if you want nicotine, it's not compulsory) of varying strengths.

I know it's a bit of an odd suggestion, but for me it's totally wonderful to be able to taste all the forbidden foods without eating them Also, as a (now) ex smoker - wow, switching to vaping has improved my health - in just 5 weeks - unbelievably. I even ran a bit today...lol! So, if you do smoke, please look into this - and if you don't - well, vaping has to be better than eating this stuff, no?
WC Fields
Darkginger is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-10-2013, 01:58 PM   #2
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Istillhatepeas
Stats: 5'9 295/267/1st goal 250
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: Restart 2/18/13
Hmm, interesting. My Mom just started vaping a couple of months ago and she is now on the lowest nicotine level. SO proud and happy for her! I'm just wondering if being able to taste the flavors would make me want the real thing! I'd be interested to know if anyone has tried this.

And good for you on quitting smoking! That's a great accomplishment!
Istillhatepeas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 02:06 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tinamanni
Stats: 250/192/150
WOE: 80% fat
OMG!!!! I bought my husband the joyetech ego system for Christmas! he hasn't smoked since! He sounds so much better and healthier. I think everyone should do this. He always has various flavors of vapes and they make me hungry just smelling them.

Side note - it looks like states are trying to start taxing them. We will stock up if that ever happens
tinamanni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 02:11 PM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LauraAnn
Stats: 271/189/150
WOE: WLS - NoS
Start Date: 02/01/08
I've heard such good things about vaping to quit. I've even heard that most folks don't even gain weight and they credit the sweet vapes for this. How's the weight, dark?
LauraAnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 02:18 PM   #5
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: heidihoopi
Stats: Hi-290/268/Current-255/175
WOE: LC-ish, LoCal
Start Date: Restart 10/20/14
Never heard of this, seems worth a try for a weight loss tool, you'd think they would have tested it for weight loss though, no? Cuz it would open a huge new market for them.

What is it called, where does one get them, cost?

Thanks!

Last edited by heidihoopi; 04-10-2013 at 02:20 PM..
heidihoopi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 02:25 PM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tinamanni
Stats: 250/192/150
WOE: 80% fat
His system cost $125ish plus various maintenance parts and vapes. Vapes range in prices - not sure if you can find them without nicotine?
tinamanni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 02:52 PM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: rubidoux
Stats: 214/130/130 (5'2")
WOE: HF/MP/LC
Start Date: restart 9/2012
I wish they had this back when I quit smoking 15ish years ago. I think that was the most unpleasant and painful experience I've ever had. Does it really take the pain out of quitting or just the edge off? I used the gum for ten days and I think it was helpful but it sure didn't make it feel easy.
rubidoux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 03:25 PM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lisamt
Stats: 200/187/130
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: December 2012
I've been a vaper for nearly 2 years, and love the variety of flavors. I found a blackberry/blueberry mix that smells almost like the real thing.

Congrats on quitting regular cigs and lowering your nicotine level! I'm still using 18 mg juice but can go longer without using the e-cig. When I first started, I carried it everywhere.
lisamt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 03:32 PM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lisamt
Stats: 200/187/130
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: December 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by heidihoopi View Post
Never heard of this, seems worth a try for a weight loss tool, you'd think they would have tested it for weight loss though, no? Cuz it would open a huge new market for them.

What is it called, where does one get them, cost?

Thanks!
If you do a google search for e-cigarette forum, the ECF has an excellent guide for beginners along with reviews of vendors and products.

I would caution anyone interested to stay away from the e-cigs sold in mall kiosks and ones that offer a free trial. They tend to be overpriced and not good quality.
lisamt is offline   Reply With Quote