LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2013, 10:43 AM   #31
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: PeeVee
Stats: 280 now 205
WOE: Juddd
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbinme View Post
Nobody has mentioned Carl's jr low carb burger?

Gonna get a plain quarter pounder since daughters favorite is McDonalds. This gives me lots of ideas for the future.
I really like those, 9gr as is not sure how much without the ketchup and pickles, that's how I usually get them.

I also like the jimmy johns gargantuan unwich, I think it's about 6 gr without the tomato, their website lets you configure the sammich how you want and shows the nutritional info.
PeeVee is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-11-2013, 01:52 PM   #32
Gadget Gal

Gallery: Charski
Stats: 174 (WW)/145/150 goal 5'5"
WOE: ATKINS, or a slight variation thereof
Start Date: May 2003
Carl's Jr. Southwest turkey burger, or Jalapeno turkey burger, or the new grilled cod, they'll do any of them low-carb style with the lettuce wrap.

I used to get the Six Dollar Burgers but they put a seasoning on those that repeats on me all afternoon - the regular burgers don't do that.
Charski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 06:36 PM   #33
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: CTIgrad
Stats: Hi:317.5 Current:255.8
WOE: Paleo
Start Date: 12/26/2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTIgrad View Post
Carl's Jr six dollar burger hands down.

I don't think I could survive a five guys with out the fries. Ugh. I might do that tomorrow. I've been craving a greedy burger.
I must recant my position.

Went to Five Guys today for a late lunch. Meant to order a bacon cheeseburger, but ended up with just a regular bacon burger with all the fixings. Very delicious. Cheese is a definite must for next time though.
CTIgrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 07:14 PM   #34
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mommie22boys
Stats: 211/199/135 5'5.5"
WOE: Paleo/ JUDDD
Start Date: Originally 6/7/07, Now 4/1/13
Quote:
Carl's Jr six dollar burger hands down.

I don't think I could survive a five guys with out the fries. Ugh. I might do that tomorrow. I've been craving a greedy burger.
Meh. Their fries don't do it for me anyway. No big temptation there. It's all about the burger.
Mommie22boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 07:36 PM   #35
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Blue Skies
Stats: 224/174/165 - 5'11"
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Feb, 2013
Quote:
I must recant my position.

Went to Five Guys today for a late lunch. Meant to order a bacon cheeseburger, but ended up with just a regular bacon burger with all the fixings. Very delicious. Cheese is a definite must for next time though.
you're not the only one who finds the need to recant today.

So on another thread on fast food burgers, I stated that I didn't crave them at this point, which was true, and that I worried about the quality of the beef, also true, and that I thought it was probably better "to drive by than drive through."

Then, wouldn't you know, life decides to humble me and my big fat opinions. Tonight I picked my son up from his job, and he begged me to drive through at Hardees on our way home. Hardees is/was, my fave burger place.

So we do it, and I decide, what the heck, and order my FAVE burger there which is the burger on Sour Dough bread, w/out the bread. I shout that into the orderarama box, NO BREAD. I'm doubtful they'll get it, so I shout it out again. NO BREAD.

At which point voice in box says back to me, Low carb, wrapped in lettuce! Anything else? Wow, I think. None of this is advertised on their menu board.

So I get my fave burger in lettuce, AND wrapped in the way ONLY Hardees does, with a wax paper holder that makes it so much easier to eat, with bun/bread or not, but particularly with a lettuce wrap.

It was freaking delicious. And I was surprised at how little I missed the bread. 8 grams of carbs and dinner was had.

I just found out they have a low carb breakfast bowl too. Looked it up on their site and oh YUM, all done for you, just drive through. I guess LC eating requires you reset your knowledge on everything, including drive through fast food.
Blue Skies is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 09:47 PM   #36
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Ntombi
Stats: Restart: 360/284.4/190
WOE: Atkins for weight loss, NK for maintenance.
Start Date: Restarted: 1-3-13 Original: 8-23-02
Most fast food places will wrap a burger in lettuce, even if it's not advertised. I don't ask for that, as I'm allergic to lettuce, but if I ask for the burger without a bun (usually I don't bother, I'll just toss the bun myself), they ask me if I want it wrapped in lettuce.
Ntombi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 10:15 PM   #37
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Blue Skies
Stats: 224/174/165 - 5'11"
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Feb, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ntombi View Post
Most fast food places will wrap a burger in lettuce, even if it's not advertised. I don't ask for that, as I'm allergic to lettuce, but if I ask for the burger without a bun (usually I don't bother, I'll just toss the bun myself), they ask me if I want it wrapped in lettuce.
And isn't it just a huge indication of the present and faulty health meme when it comes to weight loss, that it ISN'T advertised?!? I think how prevalent Low Fat advertising is---good God, a simple perusal of labels in grocery store aisles will tell you Low fat advertising is EVERYWHERE. I wonder how many folks like me, have no idea how available a lettuce wrap burger is IF you ask.

And LOL, the problem I've had when ordering cheeseburgers from more upscale places at work, and then taking off the bun myself, is that when you take off the bun, you lose half the cheese to the bun.
Blue Skies is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 10:30 PM   #38
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: CTIgrad
Stats: Hi:317.5 Current:255.8
WOE: Paleo
Start Date: 12/26/2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Skies View Post
you're not the only one who finds the need to recant today.

So on another thread on fast food burgers, I stated that I didn't crave them at this point, which was true, and that I worried about the quality of the beef, also true, and that I thought it was probably better "to drive by than drive through."

Then, wouldn't you know, life decides to humble me and my big fat opinions. Tonight I picked my son up from his job, and he begged me to drive through at Hardees on our way home. Hardees is/was, my fave burger place.

So we do it, and I decide, what the heck, and order my FAVE burger there which is the burger on Sour Dough bread, w/out the bread. I shout that into the orderarama box, NO BREAD. I'm doubtful they'll get it, so I shout it out again. NO BREAD.

At which point voice in box says back to me, Low carb, wrapped in lettuce! Anything else? Wow, I think. None of this is advertised on their menu board.

So I get my fave burger in lettuce, AND wrapped in the way ONLY Hardees does, with a wax paper holder that makes it so much easier to eat, with bun/bread or not, but particularly with a lettuce wrap.

It was freaking delicious. And I was surprised at how little I missed the bread. 8 grams of carbs and dinner was had.

I just found out they have a low carb breakfast bowl too. Looked it up on their site and oh YUM, all done for you, just drive through. I guess LC eating requires you reset your knowledge on everything, including drive through fast food.
I think the low carb six dollar burger is like a #14 or something. It's hidden in a corner of the menu with a black background. Easy to miss.

Sad I know the number right? Lol
CTIgrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 10:40 PM   #39
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Ntombi
Stats: Restart: 360/284.4/190
WOE: Atkins for weight loss, NK for maintenance.
Start Date: Restarted: 1-3-13 Original: 8-23-02
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Skies View Post
And isn't it just a huge indication of the present and faulty health meme when it comes to weight loss, that it ISN'T advertised?!? I think how prevalent Low Fat advertising is---good God, a simple perusal of labels in grocery store aisles will tell you Low fat advertising is EVERYWHERE. I wonder how many folks like me, have no idea how available a lettuce wrap burger is IF you ask.

And LOL, the problem I've had when ordering cheeseburgers from more upscale places at work, and then taking off the bun myself, is that when you take off the bun, you lose half the cheese to the bun.
If I'm sitting down to eat it, I'll order without the bun, but usually if I'm going to eat fast food, it's on the run, so I just use the bun as a holder and eat the middle as I'm driving.
Ntombi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 05:22 AM   #40
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: peretroika
Stats: 5'2 140lbs
WOE: Atkins
I don't think I've ever seen a Hardees and I wish NY would get an In And Out!! I went to Shake Shack and they were very good about leaving out the bun and wrapping in lettuce.

Totally off topic, but Jbinme has anyone ever told you you look a lot like Maggie Lawson, aka Jules on Pysch? It's a compliment, I promise:
https://www.google.com/search?q=magg...Mo7i4APHhICYDw
peretroika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 03:14 PM   #41
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jbinme
WOE: JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by peretroika View Post
I don't think I've ever seen a Hardees and I wish NY would get an In And Out!! I went to Shake Shack and they were very good about leaving out the bun and wrapping in lettuce.

Totally off topic, but Jbinme has anyone ever told you you look a lot like Maggie Lawson, aka Jules on Pysch? It's a compliment, I promise:
https://www.google.com/search?q=magg...Mo7i4APHhICYDw
Nope. No one has told me that but thank you!

We don't have Hardee's here either but we have Carl's jr and I here it's close to the same.
Jbinme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 04:55 PM   #42
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JMacB
Stats: 275/185/160
WOE: Modified Atkins/general low carb
Start Date: Feb 2012
I went to Sonic today and asked for my burger with no bun. The girl who delivered my food asked if I as low-carb, and said that she lost 40 pounds eating low-carb and she's trying to get Sonic to publish their low-carb options!
JMacB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 06:02 PM   #43
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: suzanneyea
Stats: 156/124/120
WOE: Vlc
They usually ask me if they are for my dog, lol.
suzanneyea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 06:52 PM   #44
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: raindroproses
Stats: 5'6" - 203/151/150 - Size 14/6/4
WOE: NK (less than 20 total carbs daily)
Start Date: January 25th 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by peretroika View Post
I wish the East Coast would get In and Out too! Glad to hear Shake Shack is really good with wrapping their burgers in lettuce though... SO was wanting to take me to a Shake Shack the next time I was in town visiting, but sometimes places are a real bummer when they don't know how to handle a LC burger I'm not sure how easy of a time I'll have going to a place called Shake Shack and not being able to get a shake though... those were my FAVORITE when I went to Steak and Shake. Although I hear Steak and Shake's shakes are actually better
raindroproses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 09:09 AM   #45
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tymom
Stats: Big/ not so big/ small
Start Date: August (this time around)
McDonald's Angus deluxe with bacon, order with out the bun. By the way, my fave McD breakfast is scrambled eggs topped with cheese, a sausage patty and salsa. yummYY
tymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 09:10 AM   #46

The angus burgers have fillers, thus have carbs.
Old 04-13-2013, 10:29 AM   #47
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tymom
Stats: Big/ not so big/ small
Start Date: August (this time around)
No fillers in the Angus! 100% beef. I am a McD staffer... There is seasoning however on the Angus that has a small bit of carbs in it.
tymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 11:07 AM   #48

The seasoning has a pretty long list of chemicals.
Old 04-13-2013, 10:29 PM   #49
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Strawberry
Has anyone tried Burger Kings new turkey burger?
Strawberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 10:51 PM   #50
Fat Burning Machine Extraordinaire!

Gallery: DiamondDeb
Stats: 125+ lbs lost
Wow, I feel like I'm missing out! I have never had a bunless burger out. I generally do without a meal until I get home.

I should make a list and try them all out!
DiamondDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 01:20 AM   #51
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: jazills
Stats: 241.8/241.8/145 - 5'2"
WOE: VLC/NK
Start Date: July, 7 2014
Maybe this isn't fast food, but it is eating out and you can have it on the go!

My folks and I like to go to this restaurant called "Grecian" it's a greek restaurant but they also have a "country cooking" buffet and a menu. When we go (once a week) I always order the "colossal burger" with no bun. That's 2 8oz patties with cheese. I can only eat one of the patties and save the other for another time. I also get a fried egg on top...so delish! We are going to go there tomorrow actually! I'm looking forward to my bunless burger!
Old 05-03-2013, 08:15 PM   #52
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: meeha
Stats: 258/258/when it feels right
WOE: My Way
Start Date: 1/09/2014
Had the baconator from Wendy's for the first time today for lunch, it is now 10:14 PM EST and I am not hungry. That was my last meal and it was delish!
meeha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 07:01 PM   #53
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Ocean
Stats: 240/144/ Below 145 5'1.5"
WOE: General Low Carb
Start Date: June 2010
I practically live on fast food burgers. I will ask for no bun at Wendys and Five Guys becasue they usually put the cheese next to the bread and it sticks to it. At McDonalds, the cheese is usually next to the meat, so I just throw the bun away. I usually get my burgers with no ketchup and add my own lower carb ketchup at home. If I am out somewhere, I just use the higher carb ketchup. My favorites are:

McDonalds: Double Cheeseburgers, Onion Cheddar Burgers, Quarter Pounders, or Mushroom and Swiss Snack Wraps. I usually order different combinations of two of these each time.

Five Guys: Cheeseburger with ketchup (from home), mayo, pickles, grilled onions, and lettuce. I was pleasantly surprised when they offered me two different low carb options for serving my burger. I could get it wrapped in lettuce or in a nice carry out container.

Wendys: I get a 1/2 pound Double Cheeseburger and have them add bacon to it. They kind of annoy me here because they try to push the Baconator on me since it has bacon. However the Baconator doesn't have lettuce, pickles, or onion. A burger isn't a burger without them in my opinion.
Old 05-04-2013, 08:09 PM   #54
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: PeeVee
Stats: 280 now 205
WOE: Juddd
I tried a 5 guys wrap last week, I thought the Carl's Jr tasted a lot better personally.
PeeVee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 10:02 PM   #55
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: llisarray
Stats: 232/185/175 and then we will see
Start Date: April 2013 restart
BK is my only choice
llisarray is offline   Reply With Quote