Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Main Lowcarb Lobby (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/)
-   -   I am back and a lot has changed! I have ?? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/801646-i-am-back-lot-has-changed-i-have.html)

cmiller130 04-09-2013 03:52 PM

I am back and a lot has changed! I have ??

I know you all probably tired of answering the same old things, but I haven't been here a while and have seen some new things you all are posting. Bullet Proof Coffee. Can you help a sister out? LOL :dunno:

cmiller130 04-09-2013 04:26 PM

Thanks for looking. Found it. Made it. LOVE it!!!

clackley 04-09-2013 04:45 PM

:clap: and :welcome: back!

lterry913 04-09-2013 05:06 PM

Welcome back and I love me some bullet proof coffee too...there are a few versions of the coffee people drink...some use butter, some coconut oil,some heavy cream with one of the previous. I drink my version with coconut oil and hwc.

snowdancer79 04-09-2013 05:26 PM

I've always been a breakfast girl, but I've been bulletproof coffeeing it for several months. Now I suffice with a hardboiled egg at 9:30 if I have a cup at 6 am. It's a wonder!

cmiller130 04-09-2013 05:36 PM

I'm not usually a breakfast person. I have to be up for a while and drink my coffee. I usually drink it black. Always have. Now I will just add either coconut oil or butter. Maybe both!!! LOL

Knittering 04-09-2013 05:51 PM

Hey, welcome back! :)

I agree, a lot has changed and I've only been away about a year. Remember back when everything was all about protein, protein power, Protein Is The Answer, protein this and that? Now it's all fat. Fat bombs, fatty coffee AKA bulletproof, fat fat fat fat fat. NK is everywhere (but sadly, too strict for me!)

LoveThoseLeopards 04-09-2013 07:12 PM

No way!!! You put butter/oil in coffee????? Sounds totally yucky. I'm going to do a search to read more about it. Maybe I'm missing something here. Doesn't it taste "oily"?

lisamt 04-09-2013 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoveThoseLeopards (Post 16364223)
No way!!! You put butter/oil in coffee????? Sounds totally yucky. I'm going to do a search to read more about it. Maybe I'm missing something here. Doesn't it taste "oily"?

If you blend the butter & oil with the coffee, it turns creamy and gets a nice foam on top.

cmiller130 04-10-2013 10:29 AM

Thanks for your input. I have been browsing this board for hours and find that there are so many different things everyone is posting that my head is spinning. I pulled out my journal (and blew the dust off) from my low carb days and find how obsessed I was. I had written down every single morsel that went in my mouth, every oz. of water I drank, what supplements I had for the day and even how many times I went to the bathroom that day (if you know what I mean). There was a sections with measurements, weight, etc. That is what I have to do again! That way I don't try and justify cheats. I leave my book on the table so that I know I have to write it down.

I do have to tell you this board helps me. However, I can't read the posts about food that is being eaten by other people. It makes me hungry.

Melle's_Sweetheart 04-10-2013 11:14 AM

Hi Cmiller...

I totally agree about reading the "food" posts--I get hungry.

Once, a few years back, everyone was posting about Paula Deen's Gooey Butter Cake and I was so curious about the deliciousness that everyone was discussing, I MADE the cake and ate it! It was scrumptuous but it made me a one woman wrecking crew and I gained 60 lbs that I'm only now successfully losing.

I keep away from food posts....thankfully, all these coconut oil coffees and bark don't appeal to me....:dunno:

lterry913 04-10-2013 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoveThoseLeopards (Post 16364223)

I put mine in bullet type blender and whiz it up ....with a litlle hwc it turns out like a latte...yum.

mainemom 04-13-2013 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lterry913 (Post 16365660)
I put mine in bullet type blender and whiz it up ....with a litlle hwc it turns out like a latte...yum.

You put everything - including the coffee -- in? Is it still hot, or do you use to make iced coffee?

tymom 04-13-2013 09:28 AM

you can put it into the blender... but i bought an inexpensive coffee foamer on amazon that is a lot easier and a lot less messy to use.

Patience 04-13-2013 11:45 AM

mainemom, I have a similar question abut hot and cold.
Is the process the same or different?
I like to switch to iced coffee in the warmer weather . . . .

jazills 04-13-2013 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Knittering (Post 16364109)
Hey, welcome back! :)

I agree, a lot has changed and I've only been away about a year. Remember back when everything was all about protein, protein power, Protein Is The Answer, protein this and that? Now it's all fat. Fat bombs, fatty coffee AKA bulletproof, fat fat fat fat fat. NK is everywhere (but sadly, too strict for me!)

You know, now that you mention this. You and you're right! i've been away for 2 years and remember eating LOTS of protein the first time around...meat and eggs like there was so tomorrow! NOW I'm on the NK bandwagon...crazy stuff! I like the NK better than lots of protein though. I really feel better.

I didn't mean to threadjack...but on the note of bulletproof coffee. I'm not a coffee drinker but I wanted to respond to this note. Sorry guys HUGS!

GardenGirl639 04-14-2013 12:07 AM

What's NK?

kiwistars 04-14-2013 12:11 AM

nutritional ketosis.Staying in ketosis 24/7 by low carb/med protein/ high fat.testing ketones regularly (often by blood prick)

I am gobsmacked how much Atkins has changed.Calorie counting?lots of veges?gallons of water?Not having that stuff was what attracted me in the first place :)

jazills 04-14-2013 12:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kiwistars (Post 16371802)
nutritional ketosis.Staying in ketosis 24/7 by low carb/med protein/ high fat.testing ketones regularly (often by blood prick)

I am gobsmacked how much Atkins has changed.Calorie counting?lots of veges?gallons of water?Not having that stuff was what attracted me in the first place :)

lol I guess we just have to do what has always worked for us you know? Cheese attracted me to this WOE..honestly!

kiwistars 04-14-2013 12:35 AM

mmm...cheese :)

lilbeetle 04-14-2013 12:56 AM

I have to admit I was surprised at the calorie counting. And the restrict protein advice. I thought it was simply a case of not eating the 5 evils (potatos, rice, pasta, bread, wheat flour) and the weight would fall off.

Mind you, I have discovered some VERY yummy meals. Almost every night is like going out to a new resturant :)

jazills 04-14-2013 01:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lilbeetle (Post 16371819)
Mind you, I have discovered some VERY yummy meals. Almost every night is like going out to a new resturant :)

My house too!! Awesome right?! We have started calling it the Restaurant O' Zills (My last name)

lilbeetle 04-14-2013 01:04 AM

Very awesome. I hit a streak of lazy a few nights ago and went out for dinner with the family. Average food, long wait and they gave me the wrong drink. Everything I've cooked since has been all the yummier in comparison :)

jazills 04-14-2013 01:12 AM

Everything is so much better at home!! I couldn't live without a stove.

GardenGirl639 04-14-2013 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kiwistars (Post 16371802)

Thank you!

lterry913 04-15-2013 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mainemom (Post 16370710)
You put everything - including the coffee -- in? Is it still hot, or do you use to make iced coffee?

I put it in hot...just don't fill past fill line because it will need room to foam up...but an iced version could be good now that you mention it...you'd have to blend good(like a shake) as the butter and coconut oil would just harden up if poured over ice.