Old 04-14-2013, 04:28 PM   #31
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Blue Skies
Stats: 224/178/165 - 5'11"
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Feb, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainemom View Post
Hey, Blue Skies: the smoothies I make are make are a bit higher carb, but very satisfying, and I make a big blender full, enough for a huge one for myself and my 16 yo son. Have to say I'm kinda lax on measuring, but for my favorite one I use: 1 or 2 scoops of vanilla protein powder (whatever brand you like - count the carbs based on your brand); plain, full fat Greek Yogurt (the only kind I can find in my fav. grocery store is Greek Gods brand, which I love - but not by itself!); about a cup of unsweetened vanilla almond milk (or more); about a cup of froz strawberries OR a couple tbsp of unsw. cocoa powder (I prefer strawberries); EZ Sweetz to taste; Cappella French Vanilla Flavor Drops to taste; about 1/4 to 1/2 cup cream for richness, a couple tbsps of melted coconut oil, a shake of salt and some cubes of ice. Pour in your liquid BEFORE your prot. powder so it doesn't glop together at the bottom. Start your blender and pour in your melted coconut oil after it's blended - seems to work better that way. Add more of anything for texture/sweetness. I've thought about adding an egg or two for extra protein/nutrition, but haven't yet. I've also tried it w/ a small bit of banana, coconut milk (YUM) and a bit of pineapple juice with the Capella Pina Colada drops, and that's pretty good, too, but a bit carbier. Still MUCH better than those smoothies you buy elsewhere!
Thanks much, mainemom, I really appreciate you going to the trouble of writing this all out. It gives me a good idea where to start, as I've never been a smoothie person, and didn't know where to begin to use all these new ingredients I'm meeting.
Blue Skies is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links