Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Main Lowcarb Lobby
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2013, 11:33 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member
 
babycakez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 821
Gallery: babycakez
Stats: 267/186/160
WOE: Low Carbin' it! RESTART#3: JAN.31.2013
Start Date: 11/02/11
DH's weight won't budge..

I've been back on the low carb wagon for 2.5 months and have gone down 24 pounds so far. DH decided he wanted to try low carb again with me as of 2 weeks ago. Tomorrow will complete 2 weeks and so far he has only lost 1 pound total. We have been eating the same foods except he drinks his water and I don't. (obviously not a bad thing for him lol) Neither of us eats breakfast and we don't typically eat till after 3pm. It has never affected my weight loss, not sure if it's affecting him or not. I myself have gone down 4 pounds since he started 2 weeks ago so I am not understanding why he is not losing like I thought he would. He is 5'9 and 203 pounds. Last year he did it with me and lost 10-15 pounds without a problem. His sister just started yesterday and has already lost 4 pounds so he is feeling very discouraged right now. I told him it's just water weight but then we are wondering why he hasn't lost any water weight himself. I tried to go buy some Keto strip tonight but it looks like they were sold out so I will have to try again tomorrow. I am just so confused. Any advice?
__________________
L I S A;babycakez
Pre-Pregnancy Weight:198
5 months pp (O2.24.14)
Currently Breastfeeding
Current Weight: 258





babycakez is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-09-2013, 12:02 AM   #2
Senior LCF Member
 
babycakez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 821
Gallery: babycakez
Stats: 267/186/160
WOE: Low Carbin' it! RESTART#3: JAN.31.2013
Start Date: 11/02/11
I am starting to wondering if his thyroid could be to blame. I just looked up symptoms of hypothyroidism and he has all the signs... weight gain, lack of energy, anxiety, depression, lack of sleep, dry skin, hair loss, sweating, lymph node type feeling in his neck, tingling and shaky hands as of lately, feeling sick and run down every morning, etc... I guess it wouldn't hurt to get a TSH test done to be sure.

Last edited by babycakez; 04-09-2013 at 12:08 AM..
babycakez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 02:42 AM   #3
Senior LCF member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 9,564
Gallery: Leo41
Stats: 340 then/145 now
WOE: Low carb/calorie cycling
The TSH stands for Thyroid Stimulating Hormone and is a measure of the amount of hormone that the pituitary releases to get the thyroid to do its job.
It's important in diagnosing thyroid problems because if the lab value is HIGH, it's an indication that the pituitary is working too hard, and the thyroid has become sluggish for some reason.

I've been hypothyroid for many years, and every physician I know runs a TSH. It's critical for initial diagnosis and for continued treatment. Naturally, my doctors also check T4 and T3 levels, but for initial diagnosis, many physicians rely on the TSH because often the T4 and T3 will be in range, but the high TSH will indicate the problem.

The reason so many people have difficulty getting the initial diagnosis of thyroid disease is because 1) the symptoms are vague and can be due to many causes; 2) many people continue to have 'normal' labs well after they experience symptoms.

I went undiagnosed for over 5 years because of both of those issues. My primary doctor attributed all my symptoms to 'normal aging.' After I self-referred to an endo, she told me about the second issue. It actually has a name "sub-clinical hypothyroidism'--and refers to normal-seeming lab values in a patient with often severe symptoms of hypo.
Leo41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 03:32 AM   #4
Major LCF Poster!
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 2,822
Gallery: nolcjunk
Stats: Whole foods lc, 110, 5'6
WOE: Atkins - it's a diet
Do you think he is sticking to the diet 100 %? I have known some couples that go on diets together because the wife/girlfriend wants to and the guys pretty much just eat whatever they want outside of the house. Even if they are not outright cheating and doing it on purpose, they just eat foods that really don't fit on their plan but they somehow think they are sticking to the diet.
nolcjunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 03:47 AM   #5
Major LCF Poster!
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 2,822
Gallery: nolcjunk
Stats: Whole foods lc, 110, 5'6
WOE: Atkins - it's a diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by babycakez View Post
I am starting to wondering if his thyroid could be to blame. I just looked up symptoms of hypothyroidism and he has all the signs... weight gain, lack of energy, anxiety, depression, lack of sleep, dry skin, hair loss, sweating, lymph node type feeling in his neck, tingling and shaky hands as of lately, feeling sick and run down every morning, etc... I guess it wouldn't hurt to get a TSH test done to be sure.
Definitely get the TSH test but don't be surprised if it comes back normal. A lot of those symptoms are just regular life/poor diet/getting older/stressed from work/not enough time for sleep symptoms.

I am hypothyroid and it was like a truck sitting on my chest at all times. It isn't just anxiety and a lack of energy, it's a total inability to function. And, weight gain is usually not that much and doesn't even improve much with supplementation unless you are very strict with diet.
nolcjunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 04:30 AM   #6
Major LCF Poster!
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 2,583
Gallery: Mistizoom
Stats: 300/200/190 initial goal
WOE: low carb
Start Date: November 2012
My DH didn't lose when he tried Atkins 72 about a year ago, in November he was diagnosed with diabetes and hypothyroid, so it certainly is possible. His first doctor wasn't very good about the hypothyroid, he dismissed some of DH's concerns as hypothyroid is typically seen in many more women than men. He's seeing a better doctor now (found out about her from a thyroid support internet site) who is working with to slowly increase the medication (Armour). There's a lot of good info in the Thyroid subforum under Health Support Groups. It is very important to know what tests to ask for and how to interpret them. Many doctors are not very knowledgeable on this subject.
Mistizoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 05:13 AM   #7
Blabbermouth!!!
 
reddarin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,460
Gallery: reddarin
Stats: 6' 47y/o 265/193/170
WOE: NK
Start Date: Aug 13, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by babycakez View Post
Neither of us eats breakfast and we don't typically eat till after 3pm. ... He is 5'9 and 203 pounds.
No calories from the time he goes to bed till 3pm the next afternoon?
reddarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 05:21 AM   #8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
princessmommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: NW Arkansas
Posts: 4,228
Gallery: princessmommy
Stats: 207/176/140-145
WOE: Low Carb!
Start Date: May 21 Yet Again!
I'd definetly have him get his thyroid checked, And i'd have them do the Full thyroid panel and Not just the TSH. Sometimes the TSH won't give you the full scope of what's going on. So ya'll don't eat Breakfast Or lunch? I'd try eatting something small to see if that helps any
princessmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 08:32 AM   #9
.
 
ravenrose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: California
Posts: 9,673
Gallery: ravenrose
Stats: lost 130 lb so far, and miles to go before I sleep
WOE: low carb controlled calorie
Start Date: June, 2009
whispering so he doesn't hear: that sounds awful. are you sure in your heart he is not cheating when you are not together? in my experience, men who follow the plan relying on their wives to be the experts often don't really understand the NO TOLERANCE part of it, where just a few bites of something are REALLY IMPORTANT. I do not want to start a fight, but you need to know this before you waste a lot of time trying to tweak other things. good luck!
ravenrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 06:23 PM   #10
Senior LCF Member
 
babycakez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 821
Gallery: babycakez
Stats: 267/186/160
WOE: Low Carbin' it! RESTART#3: JAN.31.2013
Start Date: 11/02/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo41 View Post
The TSH stands for Thyroid Stimulating Hormone and is a measure of the amount of hormone that the pituitary releases to get the thyroid to do its job.
It's important in diagnosing thyroid problems because if the lab value is HIGH, it's an indication that the pituitary is working too hard, and the thyroid has become sluggish for some reason.

I've been hypothyroid for many years, and every physician I know runs a TSH. It's critical for initial diagnosis and for continued treatment. Naturally, my doctors also check T4 and T3 levels, but for initial diagnosis, many physicians rely on the TSH because often the T4 and T3 will be in range, but the high TSH will indicate the problem.

The reason so many people have difficulty getting the initial diagnosis of thyroid disease is because 1) the symptoms are vague and can be due to many causes; 2) many people continue to have 'normal' labs well after they experience symptoms.

I went undiagnosed for over 5 years because of both of those issues. My primary doctor attributed all my symptoms to 'normal aging.' After I self-referred to an endo, she told me about the second issue. It actually has a name "sub-clinical hypothyroidism'--and refers to normal-seeming lab values in a patient with often severe symptoms of hypo.
Thank you for sharing your story. I really had no idea about hypothyroidism up until now and have been wondering why he always complains about not feeling well everyday. He really needs to get checked out by a doctor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolcjunk View Post
Do you think he is sticking to the diet 100 %? I have known some couples that go on diets together because the wife/girlfriend wants to and the guys pretty much just eat whatever they want outside of the house. Even if they are not outright cheating and doing it on purpose, they just eat foods that really don't fit on their plan but they somehow think they are sticking to the diet.
Yes, he is 100% on the diet.. he is a stay at home dad watching our son while I'm at work so he's not out sneaking food somewhere else. He is an honest person and the fact that he is getting so fed up and threatening to quit really makes me believe he's being 100% faithful on the diet and just really upset that it isn't working for him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolcjunk View Post
Definitely get the TSH test but don't be surprised if it comes back normal. A lot of those symptoms are just regular life/poor diet/getting older/stressed from work/not enough time for sleep symptoms.

I am hypothyroid and it was like a truck sitting on my chest at all times. It isn't just anxiety and a lack of energy, it's a total inability to function. And, weight gain is usually not that much and doesn't even improve much with supplementation unless you are very strict with diet.
I did some researched last night and saw so many stories of people who have been wrongfully diagnosed because of their TSH test coming back normal even though they had all the symptoms. I will definitely ask to have all the T3 & T4 tests done as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistizoom View Post
My DH didn't lose when he tried Atkins 72 about a year ago, in November he was diagnosed with diabetes and hypothyroid, so it certainly is possible. His first doctor wasn't very good about the hypothyroid, he dismissed some of DH's concerns as hypothyroid is typically seen in many more women than men. He's seeing a better doctor now (found out about her from a thyroid support internet site) who is working with to slowly increase the medication (Armour). There's a lot of good info in the Thyroid subforum under Health Support Groups. It is very important to know what tests to ask for and how to interpret them. Many doctors are not very knowledgeable on this subject.
Our dr's here suck and I'm pretty sure they are going to waste our time. Everytime we go there they just send us home with pain meds and tell us everything is in our heads. If only they knew.. I am hoping that he just isnt eating enough calories or something because I know it must be hard dealing with hypothyroidism for the rest of your life... but if that is what's bothering him then it's better to find out sooner or later.. if the doctor will cooperate of course.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddarin View Post
No calories from the time he goes to bed till 3pm the next afternoon?
We have a wacky sleeping cycle. He doesn't go to bed till around 4-5am and gets up around noonish so he is only up for a few hours before we eat a late lunch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessmommy View Post
I'd definetly have him get his thyroid checked, And i'd have them do the Full thyroid panel and Not just the TSH. Sometimes the TSH won't give you the full scope of what's going on. So ya'll don't eat Breakfast Or lunch? I'd try eatting something small to see if that helps any
Thanks, I will make sure of that. We eat a late lunch because I don't cook before I go to work since both him and DS are still asleep and stay asleep till noon. I'm in process of writting a list of snacks to have on hand so he can munch on things while I'm at work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenrose View Post
whispering so he doesn't hear: that sounds awful. are you sure in your heart he is not cheating when you are not together? in my experience, men who follow the plan relying on their wives to be the experts often don't really understand the NO TOLERANCE part of it, where just a few bites of something are REALLY IMPORTANT. I do not want to start a fight, but you need to know this before you waste a lot of time trying to tweak other things. good luck!
No, I don't believe he is sneaking anything behind my back. He is an honest and dedicated type of person and I can see that he is truely upset at the fact that he is not losing very much weight. He never gives up on anything so the fact that he is about to quit this is telling me that he is giving it 100% and he's not getting anything out of it. Im talking him into staying on it while I tweek things.
babycakez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 06:48 PM   #11
Blabbermouth!!!
 
reddarin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,460
Gallery: reddarin
Stats: 6' 47y/o 265/193/170
WOE: NK
Start Date: Aug 13, 2011
How many calories would you say he is eating daily?
reddarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 09:29 PM   #12
CTH
Senior LCF Member
 
CTH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: AZ
Posts: 139
Gallery: CTH
Stats: 267/212/190
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: February 2013
If you're going to have blood work done get his testosterone checked. I was surprised after my regular blood test showed no problems. But I was tired, lethargic, foggy, and not losing weight. My testosterone level came back at 211 and the minimum number should be 400. I started getting shots and it has made a big difference in my overall well- being.
CTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 02:47 AM   #13
Senior LCF Member
 
babycakez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 821
Gallery: babycakez
Stats: 267/186/160
WOE: Low Carbin' it! RESTART#3: JAN.31.2013
Start Date: 11/02/11
So DH weighed in at 200 this morning so that's a 3.9 pound loss in exactly 2 weeks. He wants to get down to around 180 again (20lbs). Do you think a 4 pound loss is good for his current weight, height and goal weight. I know they say the last 10lbs are the hardest but when you only have 20-25 lbs to loose I would think it would be a lot slower in the beginning unlike someone like me who was over 100 pounds overweight that could loose 14lbs in the same time frame. We found ketone strips at Walmart tonight and both of us tested and got the same results.. super purple (large, 80g) so we are definitely in ketosis. also started recording calories in ************ and DH consumed 1641 calories today with the app allowing him 1830. Is that good? I myself consumed 1409 calories with an allowance of 1910. Should I be eating more?
babycakez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 06:28 AM   #14
Major LCF Poster!
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 2,583
Gallery: Mistizoom
Stats: 300/200/190 initial goal
WOE: low carb
Start Date: November 2012
Your DH's calories seem a little low for a man of his size. Yours sound ok to me, if you're losing. The purple (large) on the ketone sticks could indicate you are dehydrated. Are you both drinking enough water?
Mistizoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 06:51 AM   #15
Major LCF Poster!
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: WA
Posts: 1,110
Gallery: Sharss
Stats: 5'6 1/2" 72yr 136/130/125/120
WOE: L-G Index Diet/HCG Drops
Start Date: Restarting 12/29/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTH View Post
If you're going to have blood work done get his testosterone checked. I was surprised after my regular blood test showed no problems. But I was tired, lethargic, foggy, and not losing weight. My testosterone level came back at 211 and the minimum number should be 400. I started getting shots and it has made a big difference in my overall well- being.
Pay attention to this gentleman. Same thing happened to a gent in the Thread I belong to. I think he had a prescription instead though, but not sure.
Sharss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 08:18 AM   #16
Blabbermouth!!!
 
reddarin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,460
Gallery: reddarin
Stats: 6' 47y/o 265/193/170
WOE: NK
Start Date: Aug 13, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by babycakez View Post
DH consumed 1641 calories today with the app allowing him 1830. Is that good?.
Too low.

I'm 6' and 196 pounds and I am eating about 2300 calories to lose weight. And I am super duper extra shockingly sedentary.

Assuming he doesn't have hypothyroidism or some other health condition, have him try to eat 1900 to 2000 calories. Really he should probably be eating close to my calorie level but even bumping up to 1900ish should get the scale moving down. Also, start supplementing with organic coconut oil - it is good for his skin and has a ton of other health benefits. Start slow with it, maybe a teaspoon a day and work his way up to 4 tablespoons. Supplement with magnesium. Start slow, like 1/4 RDA and work up to 2xRDA. For him RDA is 400mg and slightly less for you.

Have him try to stay between 80g and 120g of protein a day. Protein is about 7g to an ounce of meat as a rule of thumb so about 10 to 15 oz of meat plus whatever protein he gets from veggie sources. For example, according to my logger 2 eggs and 4 medium slices of cooked bacon is about 25g of protein. If he eats 25g to 30g of protein per meal he'd be about right. If he starts losing after bumping calories up he can try bumping protein up 20 to 30 grams if he likes.

Keep total carbs under 50g. Eat lots of mono and sat fats. Avoid PUFA oils (corn, soy, etc).

Here is a screenshot of my calories and macros for the last week or so. Columns are:

Date - Calories - Fat grams - Protein grams - Total Carb grams - %s - Next morning's weigh-in
Attached Images
File Type: png OneWkExample.png (17.0 KB, 12 views)

Last edited by reddarin; 04-10-2013 at 08:20 AM.. Reason: typo
reddarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 10:49 AM   #17
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 3,578
Gallery: Strawberry
Is there a necessary reason for the odd sleeping times?

There are a lot of studies showing that people who dont sleep during typical night time hours (eg people who work the night shift) have a lot more difficulty with weight gain, high blood pressure, etc. I would probably try to change that if its under your control (not job required)
Strawberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 12:02 AM   #18
Senior LCF Member
 
babycakez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 821
Gallery: babycakez
Stats: 267/186/160
WOE: Low Carbin' it! RESTART#3: JAN.31.2013
Start Date: 11/02/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistizoom View Post
Your DH's calories seem a little low for a man of his size. Yours sound ok to me, if you're losing. The purple (large) on the ketone sticks could indicate you are dehydrated. Are you both drinking enough water?
Thanks, I have been upping his calories now to make sure he's eating closer to 2,000. I've dropped 4 pounds this week myself so I think I'm ok where I'm at but have to feed him more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharss View Post
Pay attention to this gentleman. Same thing happened to a gent in the Thread I belong to. I think he had a prescription instead though, but not sure.
Thank you, I will let him know!

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddarin View Post
Too low.

I'm 6' and 196 pounds and I am eating about 2300 calories to lose weight. And I am super duper extra shockingly sedentary.

Assuming he doesn't have hypothyroidism or some other health condition, have him try to eat 1900 to 2000 calories. Really he should probably be eating close to my calorie level but even bumping up to 1900ish should get the scale moving down. Also, start supplementing with organic coconut oil - it is good for his skin and has a ton of other health benefits. Start slow with it, maybe a teaspoon a day and work his way up to 4 tablespoons. Supplement with magnesium. Start slow, like 1/4 RDA and work up to 2xRDA. For him RDA is 400mg and slightly less for you.

Have him try to stay between 80g and 120g of protein a day. Protein is about 7g to an ounce of meat as a rule of thumb so about 10 to 15 oz of meat plus whatever protein he gets from veggie sources. For example, according to my logger 2 eggs and 4 medium slices of cooked bacon is about 25g of protein. If he eats 25g to 30g of protein per meal he'd be about right. If he starts losing after bumping calories up he can try bumping protein up 20 to 30 grams if he likes.

Keep total carbs under 50g. Eat lots of mono and sat fats. Avoid PUFA oils (corn, soy, etc).

Here is a screenshot of my calories and macros for the last week or so. Columns are:

Date - Calories - Fat grams - Protein grams - Total Carb grams - %s - Next morning's weigh-in
Thank you so much all the advice. I will definitely be upping his calories and protein now. I have 2 jars of coconut oil so I will start using that as well. Still need to get some magnesium though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
Is there a necessary reason for the odd sleeping times?

There are a lot of studies showing that people who dont sleep during typical night time hours (eg people who work the night shift) have a lot more difficulty with weight gain, high blood pressure, etc. I would probably try to change that if its under your control (not job required)
He has trouble falling asleep at night so when he does it's usually really late. He has an overactive mind and can't stop thinking about things. He gets plenty of rest it's just at odd hours. We have tried to correct it and it will work for a short time but once he is forced to stay up then it's back to old ways. We also have a toddler who still wakes up at least once per night and used to be up 5+ times a night when he was younger so we are just accustomed to being up during the night now.
babycakez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 12:03 AM   #19
Senior LCF Member
 
babycakez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 821
Gallery: babycakez
Stats: 267/186/160
WOE: Low Carbin' it! RESTART#3: JAN.31.2013
Start Date: 11/02/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTH View Post
If you're going to have blood work done get his testosterone checked. I was surprised after my regular blood test showed no problems. But I was tired, lethargic, foggy, and not losing weight. My testosterone level came back at 211 and the minimum number should be 400. I started getting shots and it has made a big difference in my overall well- being.
Thanks, I will definitely let him know and see about getting more test ran to check for this as well.
babycakez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 10:46 AM   #20
Senior LCF Member
 
LCdave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Oviedo, Florida
Posts: 257
Gallery: LCdave
Stats: 400/195/195
WOE: VLC
Start Date: Jan. 2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by babycakez View Post
I've been back on the low carb wagon for 2.5 months and have gone down 24 pounds so far. DH decided he wanted to try low carb again with me as of 2 weeks ago. Tomorrow will complete 2 weeks and so far he has only lost 1 pound total. We have been eating the same foods except he drinks his water and I don't. (obviously not a bad thing for him lol) Neither of us eats breakfast and we don't typically eat till after 3pm. It has never affected my weight loss, not sure if it's affecting him or not. I myself have gone down 4 pounds since he started 2 weeks ago so I am not understanding why he is not losing like I thought he would. He is 5'9 and 203 pounds. Last year he did it with me and lost 10-15 pounds without a problem. His sister just started yesterday and has already lost 4 pounds so he is feeling very discouraged right now. I told him it's just water weight but then we are wondering why he hasn't lost any water weight himself. I tried to go buy some Keto strip tonight but it looks like they were sold out so I will have to try again tomorrow. I am just so confused. Any advice?

can you give a sample diet for him and does he exercise?
LCdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 03:00 PM   #21
Major LCF Poster!
 
rubidoux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: san diego
Posts: 1,466
Gallery: rubidoux
Stats: 214/130/130 (5'2")
WOE: HF/MP/LC
Start Date: restart 9/2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
Is there a necessary reason for the odd sleeping times?

There are a lot of studies showing that people who dont sleep during typical night time hours (eg people who work the night shift) have a lot more difficulty with weight gain, high blood pressure, etc. I would probably try to change that if its under your control (not job required)
I wonder if those people have trouble bc they're not adhering to their natural rhythms. I tend toward staying up all night and sleeping all day and when I was 23 I was hypnotized and went home that night and fell asleep at 11pm. It was only a couple of months later that I realized that I had all of the symptoms of type I diabetes. Type I often surfaces not long after a traumatic and stressful event, like a car accident or something along those lines. I have always wondered if my traumatic event was messing up my natural sleep schedule.

OP, it's possible that he's just very metabolically resistant and will be a slow loser. Four pounds in two weeks isn't terrible, though I do hope it's not all water. Anyway, my body is very resistant to losing and I have lost a little better on HF/MP/LC.
__________________
jayne, type I diabetic and mama to two sweet boys (9/03 and 2/09)

high fat, moderate protein, very low carb
once a day feeding
rubidoux is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:09 AM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.