Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Main Lowcarb Lobby (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/)
-   -   Flackers Flaxseed crackers! (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/801592-flackers-flaxseed-crackers.html)

dipgal 04-08-2013 04:48 PM

Flackers Flaxseed crackers!

For those who are looking for a simple snack or a cracker, try Flackers by Doctor in the Kitchen! Only one net carb per serving, made with organic ingredients and raw and Gluten Free too!.. I got my first two boxes at Whole Foods (2 hours away from me), and searched the internet to see where I can get them online. Lo and Behold, Netrition carries them!! They are pricey, but sometimes you just need a cracker! Just spreading the word!

GAVIV 04-08-2013 04:55 PM

I love these! Use them with chicken/tuna salad or a little peanut butter on the cinnamon raisin ones. One of my faves from netrition.

Mistizoom 04-08-2013 06:20 PM

Sold, I just added a package of the savory flavor to my netrition cart.

ravenrose 04-08-2013 06:52 PM

it's EXTREMELY easy to make these with flax meal, water, and a little salt. they are great made partially of almond meal too. I normally use about half and half... you just mix with water till it's barely wet enough to spread across the bottom of a silicon loaf pan, microwave for a little bit just till the center firms up, pop it out and cut while still warm. I forget the timing since it's been a long time since I did this, but they are nice enough to serve to company. the good part is you only make what you need. then you don't have the temptation of a box sitting around. that is just the sort of thing that might disappear way too fast at my house! *blush*

Avy 04-08-2013 08:34 PM

I had 2 boxes of savory ones, didn't really like them, they are "ok" with peanut butter, kinda gross flavoured eating alone. I ended up eating them during loading phase for this round of hCG, since they are high fat and I wanted to get rid of them. I think I'll just go with Ravenrose's homemade crackers if I really want something like that again.

Mistizoom 04-08-2013 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Avy (Post 16362374)
I had 2 boxes of savory ones, didn't really like them, they are "ok" with peanut butter, kinda gross flavoured eating alone. I ended up eating them during loading phase for this round of hCG, since they are high fat and I wanted to get rid of them. I think I'll just go with Ravenrose's homemade crackers if I really want something like that again.

Hmmm...rethinking. Dipgal, what flavor(s) did you try?

marieze 04-08-2013 10:26 PM

Mine went straight in the trash:sick:

dipgal 04-09-2013 04:59 AM

I only tried savory ..everyone has different taste preferences. Good to know I can make them...but I probably wouldn't bother.

ouizoid 04-09-2013 05:02 AM

Love them. And if you eat a few carbs, the cinnamon current ones are wonderful with almond butter.

Patience 04-09-2013 06:31 AM

Foods Alive also makes a raw sprouted organic flax cracker, plain and lots of flavored. They are ok. I by far prefer the plain flavor. They are expensive, but good to have in a pinch. I checked the ingredients and now make my own. I simply mix 1 cup of flax with about 1 cup of water and let it soak for a hour or more. I add liquid aminos to make up some of the water. If the mix is too watery, I sometimes thicken a bit with ground flax. Estimates are rough, because brown and the lighter colored flax are a bit different, and I am often just mixing the two. Definitely use parchment paper on cookie sheets. If they are still sticky, flip over the parchment paper a bake for a bit on the other side until breakable. You can bake a very low temp or use a dehydrator to keep them "alive" but I usually just bake at higher temp, because it is faster.

I mix in a two cup glass measuring cup, so that is all the needs to be washed, as the parchment paper keeps the measuring cup clean.

I am defintely going to try the microwave version with almond flour that Ravenrose posted!

Lokarbiebarbie 04-09-2013 06:34 AM

This was possibly the first thing ever that's flaxseed lowcarb that I did not like. I tried to like them. But I just gagged. I make my own crackers...maybe that's why.

Mistizoom 04-18-2013 05:12 PM

Just got my Netrition order and I did get the savory Flackers. I did not like them at all. They made DH gag. They are already in the trash. :(

readyfredy 04-23-2013 11:20 AM

I tried two flavors. They were both awful.

cfine 04-23-2013 11:42 AM

I didn't like them. I need to try my own.

PaminKY 04-23-2013 02:21 PM

I've tried two flavors of them and I don't like them either.

I've made these many times and I love them, great with sliced cheese:

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...-crackers.html

Chuck41 04-25-2013 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaminKY (Post 16389640)
I've tried two flavors of them and I don't like them either.

I've made these many times and I love them, great with sliced cheese:

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...-crackers.html

Sounds interesting. DW has been trying to get me to eat more flax. If I show her this recipe maybe she will make them and I won't have to. :)
Today is her :birthday: Forgot a card so I'll give her a recipe for her birthday! Then perhaps take her to Bass Pro Shop.

Chuck41 04-26-2013 07:45 PM

Tried making some flax crackers today. They are certainly different. I am afraid I could get addicted to them with only a little effort. I put a bit of parmesan cheese, some spices and a bit of garlic in them. The result got a bit overdone around the edges but actually tastes pretty good. I wonder how many of these things you can safely eat?