Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Main Lowcarb Lobby (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/)
-   -   Question for moms losing the baby weight (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/801556-question-moms-losing-baby-weight.html)

Spod 04-08-2013 07:18 AM

Question for moms losing the baby weight

Hi ladies! I am losing like a champ in my back, legs, butt, arms and natural waist but my post baby belly (2 inches above navel down to my c section scar) is slow going. Did you find your belly fat was the last to go? I'm back in prep pregnancy jeans (sz 14) but I can't wear 3/4 of my fitted tops yet. I'm hoping the next 10 I lose will make a dent in my unsightly tummy. What was your experience? Thanks!

Knittering 04-08-2013 07:38 AM

Pregnancy changed the shape of my body and even after I lost all the baby weight from baby #1, I wound up buying a lot of new things because my old things never fit the same again.

This time around my belly is shrinking much faster, and I suspect that due to Callanetics. :)

Spod 04-08-2013 09:48 AM

Thanks for your thoughts! I'm afraid my body shape has changed as well. I'm exercising quite a bit so hopefully it'll catch up with the rest of my body. I have so many cute summer tops I want to wear!!

snowdancer79 04-09-2013 04:50 AM

When I used to weigh 167, my belly was way flatter than it is now. I've had 3 kids, and I still have a big mommy pouch. It's really annoying and I think I'm going to have to get down to 155 at least before it starts to go away.

Strawberry 04-09-2013 02:33 PM

I dont know how far post-partum you are.... but it takes several months for your body to return to normal (even with regard to things like the size of the uterus which grows to the size of a small watermelon, but returns to the size of a golf ball). Breast feeding and hormonal changes that accompany that also will play a role in how your body holds on to fat.

Spod 04-09-2013 05:12 PM

My son is 11 months old and I stopped breastfeeding at 6 months old. I really wish my stomach was still pp shrinking, but I fear that ship has sailed. I suppose thre is hope if I keep on track and lose and exercise. Otherwise, I'm going under the knife after baby #2! JK...I think.

peretroika 04-09-2013 07:48 PM

After a year (what?) my body is only now starting looking more of its own shape, and less like a mound of dough shaped like a person. I still have the belly and flab on my thighs and hips though. But, it's coming off ok with LC, so give it time! :)

LJB 04-10-2013 01:56 PM

The poochie c-section belly of mine is slowly going down due to diet and exercise.

suzanneyea 04-10-2013 05:17 PM

It took several months for my belly to not lool floppy after my last c section. If I lean forward, it is a big old mess, lol. Thus, I stand very straight!

Nancypie11 04-11-2013 08:50 AM

Well, newish mom here, lol! My son is 17 months and after over a year of trying to lose my baby weight I was diagnosed insulin resistant, so low carb diet... That didn't do much for my belly either till I cut out artificial sweeteners. My tummy flat now even thought I still have a small flap of skin hanging. My skin is not elastic at all so that will take year to get rid of if ever. Maybe try cutting sweeteners. The ones that made me bloat were acesulfame potassium, and malitol.

Spod 04-11-2013 10:31 AM

Thanks for the top regarding sweeteners! I never thought of that being an issue.
Something amazing happened today. You may have read my recent post about being stalled at 210 for the past week and a half. Well I take my son to infant swim class every week and have been wearing my maternity bathing suit because its one piece and not hellacious looking. Anyway, it's been much looser the past few weeks, but this morning it was literally falling off me. I thought I'd be screwed as no suit would now fit me, but to my surprise, my size 14 tanking fits again! I can't believe it. I think my body is busy shrinking though I'm not shedding pounds right now. My stomach is starting to come down finally. But I have a looong way to go yet.

Nancypie11 04-11-2013 09:41 PM

That's really great congratulations! What better way to see a difference but in a bathing suit! Lol lucky!