LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2013, 03:37 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: xo ashley
Stats: 155*140* 125
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 02/01/2009... Quit in 2011. Back 3/31/13
Atkins "tagalong" for the weekend!

If anyone remembers... I said my boyfriend was not overly happy about me wanting to lose weight. Well, that being said... on Friday he told me he'd try it with me this weekend and see how he felt.

That day, we went out to lunch and we both had hamburgers (no bun) w/ bacon and a side salad (lettuce, 2 slices cucumber, ranch - in lieu of fries), and for dinner I made him my special mashed potato casserole- only substituted cauliflower (mashed cauli, cheddar cheese, sour cream, salt n pepper - baked at 350 for 45 mins), and he grilled baby back ribs w/ a dry rub that had no carbs/sugar.

The next morning, we went to the gym, came home and I made us breakfast - scrambled cheesey eggs and 3 slices bacon (no nitrates/sugar/carbs), we went shootin'. Then for dinner, I used Linda Sue's recipe for Cheeseburger Pie. Last minute idea- soooo amazing.

Needless to say, he's a fan. He had a bit of a headache today but plans on following it with me! I went from 143.5 to 138.5 since last Sunday, so I think he's motivated! Just wanted to share my minor happiness from the weekend! It's nice to have someone else in real life support you versus hate on you because it's not what Glamour or Fitness magazine recommend.

Irony being... most of the recipes/articles in Oxygen magazine push a low-carb diet but coin it as "Eating Clean". And I'd kill for a body like some of those figure competitors (bikini - not bodybuilder!)

Anyway... rambling over :-) Happy Sunday Eve everyone!
xo ashley is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-07-2013, 06:43 PM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mistizoom
Stats: 300/200/190 initial goal
WOE: low carb
Start Date: November 2012
That's great! It is much easier to eat this way when your SO is on board. My DH and I are both eating LC, so it makes things easier. I just have to make appropriate sides for my son at home.
Mistizoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 06:48 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kiwistars
Stats: 205/192.5/150 (6 foot tall)
WOE: atkins 1972
Start Date: 1st march
It is always easier with support.My DH did it with me last time so he knows the deal even though he is doing gym/I.F. these days.
He freely admits he just wanted bread and apples too much.It is great because when it is his turn to cook he will make me something or put me some meat aside to make mine out of.
kiwistars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 07:00 PM   #4
CTH
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: CTH
Stats: 267/212/190
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: February 2013
My DW has always been naturally thin & trim.... Her family is just that way... (You know those type, eat whatever they want whenever they want and not gain a pound).

She has never once commented about my weight either way. She just wants me to be happy and healthy.

She eats right along with me... Whatever I'm having.... But she'll throw some some mashed potatoes, chips, or bread...
CTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 05:44 AM   #5
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: princessmommy
Stats: 207/176/140-145
WOE: Low Carb!
Start Date: May 21 Yet Again!
Yay! Way to go on the loss And Yay for your boyfriend joining in! I'm so blessed that my DH is So supportive of my LC and checks labels for me he doesn't LC But I have been cooking lower carb foods for him and the kids and so far he's happy!
princessmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 06:59 AM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Just Russ
Stats: Restart 7.2.14 * 249#
WOE: Atkins 72, controlled portions
Start Date: Original start 2000, 252/168
We've carried our who makes which meals into retirement... I'm on my own for breakfasts & lunches... (shop, prepare, eat, cleanup). DW does dinners (shop, prepare, eat together, cleanup). (We air dry dishes & I put them away during the day when I'm able.)
She does make dinner what I need to stay on plan. It would be impossible without her support. She generally eats the same or adapts the items to her wants. But she's not LC herself.
I was my own worst enemy... shopping was my down fall. Various treat items would LEAP off the shelves into my cart. They seldom survived to reach home. I typically shop the same stores & know where my needed items are. I go straight there with tunnel vision, get what's on my list only.
I'm not losing fast but with minimal activity, there's no room for sloppiness.

"NO, I CAN'T EAT JUST ONE!" "Lead me not into carb temptation!"

Multiple Sclerosis Dx 2001 *a lot of meds* now SP * Able to stand & shuffle a few steps with support: does not = meaningful exercise. Harder to do by just WOE... but gotta stay ON it.
Just Russ is offline   Reply With Quote