Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Main Lowcarb Lobby (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/)
-   -   I feel like I ate way to much protein today (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/801472-i-feel-like-i-ate-way-much-protein-today.html)

Tracy0821 04-06-2013 10:01 PM

I feel like I ate way to much protein today

whoa I think I ate way to much protein but my calories were 1273 for the day. Also carb count was 16. UGH

raindroproses 04-06-2013 10:11 PM

For your goal weight of 220 pounds, the formula I normally use has you between 100-150g of protein a day ideally... I'm not sure how much of it you ate, but 1273 doesn't sound like a lot of calories at all! LC generally isn't low cal, and I believe someone mentioned 1200 is the bare minimum for women's metabolisms not to be slowed by too few calories. This really is the sort of situation where eating more calories than usual is actually better. I know I won't see a loss at ALL unless I eat at least 1500 calories each day. But a majority of mine are fat, and I watch my protein to be sure I don't go over my limit. Also, 16 carbs isn't bad :)

I think the only lower cal LC plans I'm aware of are JUDDD (on down days) and Stillman's I believe.

Tracy0821 04-07-2013 03:51 AM

I tried to eat more but really couldnt eat any more. When I logged my food in for the day is when I realized how low the calories were and protein was at 152. Usually my calories are 1500-1800. For some reason inwas so full feeling I just couldnt fit any more in. Todays a new day though

cfine 04-07-2013 04:34 AM

One word..fat! It's not hard to eat several hundred calories of fat even if you are not hungry. My calories were low yesterday so I made myself a big mug of coffee last night and put coconut oil and hwc in it. Problem solved.

avid 04-07-2013 04:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tracy0821 (Post 16358984)
whoa I think I ate way to much protein but my calories were 1273 for the day. Also carb count was 16. UGH

why the "ugh"? Your calorie and carb count were not just 'good' they were outstanding.
It always troubles me when I see a post where someone who has done well can't see it, but rather sort of puts themselves down.
To me it's nothing more than an extention of the low self esteem so many overweight people suffer with.
You had a good day yesterday.
Feel good about yourself.
And just think....you get to do it all over again today! :jumpjoy:

Tracy0821 04-07-2013 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by avid (Post 16359090)
why the "ugh"? Your calorie and carb count were not just 'good' they were outstanding.
It always troubles me when I see a post where someone who has done well can't see it, but rather sort of puts themselves down.
To me it's nothing more than an extention of the low self esteem so many overweight people suffer with.

Thanks for this response. I dropped 3 pounds today so thats great. Its nice coming here and getting positive reenforcement. thanks:D

susume 04-07-2013 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by avid (Post 16359090)

What a kind post this is. Thank you, and she was happy today too!

reddarin 04-07-2013 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raindroproses (Post 16358987)
For your goal weight of 220 pounds,

Correction, if I may... 220 is not the reference weight so you can't use it to calculate appropriate protein with the NK formula. It is a mini goal: "220 for cruise trip mini goal".

:)

Knittering 04-07-2013 12:23 PM

Your calories, carbs, and protein all look excellent to me. :) If anything, I think your calories are a bit low. Keep up the good work!

juliekaboolie 04-07-2013 12:41 PM

I think one day of 1200 cals is no big, but probably not everyday. Also, that level of protein for a day isn't a big deal, either, imo. I think it's what your avg is over time. Sounds like you're doing great! Nice job on the 3lb weight loss, too! :)