LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2013, 12:35 PM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: jazills
Stats: 241.8/241.8/145 - 5'2"
WOE: VLC/NK
Start Date: July, 7 2014
Friday workouts...

What are you guys doing as far as workout is concerned today??

I just got back from a 2.5 miles rollerblading session. This is my first day back to exercise in SIX (6!) months...proud of myself for being motivated to go!
jazills is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-05-2013, 01:29 PM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: RDBhan
Stats: (198) 190/155 5'10"
WOE: Protein Power; Maintenance since 8/11
Start Date: June 2002, refocus 1/2011
Hi,

Hip Hop Abs fat burning cardio tonight. Not particularly challenging, but sufficient for now.
RDBhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 01:32 PM   #3
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Lil'g
Stats: 186/186/130
Start Date: 04/01/13
Friday is my favorite gym night, not crowded at all. Will walk for a while, then lots of machines and floor stuff.

@Jana 2.5 miles rollerblading-you go girl!
Lil'g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 02:40 PM   #4
CTH
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: CTH
Stats: 267/212/190
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: February 2013
Today's 60 minute cardio interval workout will have 25 heart rate zone changes in zones 2,3, and 4. My trainer emails me a new routine every day. I wear a heart rate monitor then upload the data to a website afterwards and I'm given a graph of my heartrate, calories burned, heart rate zone times, and compliance to the plan. It's alot of fun because you have to constantly be watching the clock and your heart rate. Each zone is only 2-4 minutes long so it makes the time go by really fast.

This forum won't let me post attachments. I'll try and set up a photobucket account and imbed photos some day of the graphs...
CTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 06:10 PM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: avid
Stats: 180/134/131...
WOE: Lotsa veggies and LC
Took another day off. Had 3 good days in a row at the gym.
One recovery day wasn't quite enough.
Looking forward to an "all around" day tomorrow.
avid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 07:03 PM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Knittering
Stats: (250) 236/172/150 5'8
WOE: LC
Start Date: Restart: 2/18/13
I did one hour of Callanetics.
Knittering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 11:01 PM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: CTIgrad
Stats: Hi:317.5 Current:255.8
WOE: Paleo
Start Date: 12/26/2012
Rest day here, hammies and quads are killing me from Wednesday torture. Did chest/shoulder/tri yesterday, and those haven't kicked in. Yet......
CTIgrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 06:43 AM   #8
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTIgrad View Post
Rest day here, hammies and quads are killing me from Wednesday torture. Did chest/shoulder/tri yesterday, and those haven't kicked in. Yet......
those rest days are really important.
I love the gym but I learned the hard way, that it's better to take a day or two off than deal with an injury.
Old 04-06-2013, 01:56 PM   #9
CTH
Senior LCF Member

6 weeks of working out before Atikins yielded muscle pain but no cramps. 3 weeks of the same exercise on Atkins has yielded foot and leg cramps.

One in my calf actually happened while I was sleeping YOWWCHH!!!

My trainer recommended magnesium/calcium supplements. I also started drinking PowerAde Zero and taking potassium. Last night before bed I took an Epsom Salt bath, popped some Advil and made it through the night without any cramps.....

Weekends are "rest & recover" for me concerning exercise but I have alot of chores to do! Will make my 10,000 steps without even going to the gym for sure...
Old 04-07-2013, 10:49 AM   #10
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTH View Post
6 weeks of working out before Atikins yielded muscle pain but no cramps. 3 weeks of the same exercise on Atkins has yielded foot and leg cramps.

One in my calf actually happened while I was sleeping YOWWCHH!!!

My trainer recommended magnesium/calcium supplements. I also started drinking PowerAde Zero and taking potassium. Last night before bed I took an Epsom Salt bath, popped some Advil and made it through the night without any cramps.....

Weekends are "rest & recover" for me concerning exercise but I have alot of chores to do! Will make my 10,000 steps without even going to the gym for sure...
There's a pretty well described diuretic effect from LC dieting which wastes potassium. Add that to some heavy duty intervals and you are probably low on the potassium. In Protein Power, Dr. Eades recommends a potassium supplement daily, so I think you're probably on the right track there.
Old 04-07-2013, 12:26 PM   #11
CTH
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDBhan View Post
There's a pretty well described diuretic effect from LC dieting which wastes potassium. Add that to some heavy duty intervals and you are probably low on the potassium. In Protein Power, Dr. Eades recommends a potassium supplement daily, so I think you're probably on the right track there.
Yes, I'm a little worried about taking potassium pills for some reason though.... I don't know if that worry is actually founded on science or heresay but a friend who is an RN said you have to be careful because of how it affects the heart...
Old 04-07-2013, 06:46 PM   #12
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Yes, I'm a little worried about taking potassium pills for some reason though.... I don't know if that worry is actually founded on science or heresay but a friend who is an RN said you have to be careful because of how it affects the heart...
There are alot of foods popular with LC'ers that contain good amounts of potassium.
Salmon, and other oily fish, green leafy veggies such as spinach are both good sources.
Most of us (I think) take a daily multi vitamin and those usually contain some potassium.
Hope your feeling better soon.
Old 04-09-2013, 09:07 AM   #13
CTH
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by avid View Post
There are alot of foods popular with LC'ers that contain good amounts of potassium.
Salmon, and other oily fish, green leafy veggies such as spinach are both good sources.
Most of us (I think) take a daily multi vitamin and those usually contain some potassium.
Hope your feeling better soon.
Yes! For some reason the past week I kind of skipped the greens. Not good for the digestive system. I also used to take 2 TBSP of cold-milled flax every morning on my cereal but since cereal is out I've had a hard time thinking of how to incorporate it. I mixed it with my scrambled eggs for a while but it was a bit much So, I'm back on the greens both for digestive reasons and the vitamins / minerals!

Also, consciously making sure I get at least 4 liters of water per day. No cramps again since the last bout but sometimes I can feel that I'm right on the edge of one coming on..... I don't know what that muscle is from your inner thigh to your knee but I had that one sieze up on me and HOLY MOLY..... the pain made me nauseous!

Last edited by CTH; 04-09-2013 at 09:09 AM..
Old 04-19-2013, 01:06 PM   #14
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Sorry I've been away for a while so I didn't see this. You can't take enough potassium to harm your heart if you have healthy kidneys. Really only intravenous potassium can cause heart rhythm changes, which is what your nurse friend is alluding to. And the amount of potassium in OTC supplements is nowhere near what is prescribed. You can take it without worry assuming you don't have kidney issues.

Anyway, hope you're all better.
Old 04-19-2013, 03:15 PM   #15
Major LCF Poster!

this reminds me.....what happened to the workout threads????
Well since today is Friday I'll just keep this one going.
i have being staying away from the gym or the past 10 days or so.
I had some deep pain in my shoulder that needed alot of tlc. Luckily it's gotten better
without having to see a doctor, but I'm bringing it back slowly and doing stretch band type exercises that are more rehab oriented than workout.
Today though I did push it a little using some weights. Feels ok but I iced it down and will do only lower body work tomorrow.
I hate injuries.
be safe out there y'all.
Old 04-19-2013, 05:48 PM   #16
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: xo ashley
Stats: 155*140* 125
Start Date: 02/01/2009... Quit in 2011. Back 3/31/13
90 minutes incline walking... had the day off today and woke up at 6am, UGH. checked my FB and saw all the news updated. Got myself to the gym for the start of the Today Show and got wayyyy involved in watching the news. Didn't want to miss a minute.
xo ashley is offline   Reply With Quote