Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Main Lowcarb Lobby (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/)
-   -   Dragging my sorry butt back on plan... (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/801342-dragging-my-sorry-butt-back-plan.html)

shopgirl 04-04-2013 11:10 AM

Dragging my sorry butt back on plan...

I know I don't post all that often lately, but am putting this out there in search of some sort of accountability with others. I was doing so well on Low Carb, and had lost 30 pounds, but lately I have been having little cheats here and there far too often. And for the past 2 weeks, it hasn't been pretty. :o

I am back on plan as of this morning and my first goal is to get into the 220's. :)

AsmallerME 04-04-2013 11:12 AM

Good job, Shopgirl!! Nipping it in the bud fast is the best medicine. I keep reminding myself that it's normal to mess up. The key is getting back on track and digging in. You'll be in those 20s again soon!!

shopgirl 04-04-2013 11:24 AM

Thanks Amber! I really do appreciate the words of encouragement. :hugs:

The good thing is that I am stocked up on low carb foods and just got an order in from Netrtion, so it should be easy to stay on track.

TheSouthernPrincess 04-04-2013 11:30 AM

You can do it!!!

Knittering 04-04-2013 11:31 AM

Welcome back! :)

cfine 04-04-2013 12:09 PM

Welcome back. I have to come here often to help me stay on track.

MtherGoos 04-04-2013 12:13 PM

Welcome Back! I think these boards make all the difference in staying on track. I know, for me, when I'm tempted to cheat, or feel a craving coming on, I can usually jump on here and read myself out of it. Good luck, you CAN do this!

jazills 04-04-2013 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MtherGoos (Post 16354932)
Welcome Back! I think these boards make all the difference in staying on track. I know, for me, when I'm tempted to cheat, or feel a craving coming on, I can usually jump on here and read myself out of it. Good luck, you CAN do this!

I do the same thing!

Welcome back!! Good to stop the cheating now before it goes way overboard!

Just Russ 04-05-2013 07:53 AM

Welcome back!
I couldn't throw out food I'd bought, but knowing what I was about to do, I started rereading labels & making choices... and as things were used up, buying according to plan.
If I stay on plan (Atkins 72 is darn strict) I do NOT get cravings. I have to use will power against IMPULSE temptations. I physically move away or turn my back on them.

shopgirl 04-05-2013 04:25 PM

Thanks everyone for the encouragement. I ate clean all day yesterday and was rewarded with a one pound loss this morning. :up:

One day at a time...

Chuck41 04-06-2013 04:26 AM

Every journey begins with a single step. Welcome home.

Just Russ 04-06-2013 06:32 AM

It is ONE day at a time... one temptation at a time!

If you are on plan, you should be slightly hungry at meal time. In my book that's actually GOOD because it means I'm using up the food I'm taking in! I think a lot of overweight is a FEAR of being hungry. A little hunger won't kill you!
But you should not be seriously HUNGRY or have sugar / sweets / carb cravings. If you are ON PLAN & having these... I know I would be DOOMED to failure. That is why I am on Atkins 72 & must stay strict. But now that I'm back on properly, I don't have cravings. If something triggers me, I take note & don't do it again.
Atkins 02 (net carbs) failed for me. If a plan leaves you hungry or gives you cravings, modify or switch.

I found it very hard to get properly restarted... I think a lot of it was in my own head. I had to want it bad enough to turn my back on temptations which ARE everywhere. I had binges of eating things I would not have guessed I would have trouble with... things I had never regularly eatten before. I was my own worst enemy... buying treats that never made it home. They were all sugars, sweet treats, carbs.
I started to make a list but you can name your own POISON! My doctor said to me: Being this heavy is UNHEALTHY. I knew he was saying it wasn't up to him to fix it, It was up to me.

shopgirl 04-08-2013 11:49 AM

Yes, there is a vast difference between appetite and true hunger. Many people have completely forgotten what it feels like to be truly hungry. When I am on plan, I rarely get hungry, but I don't let feelings of hunger freak me out like they used to. :)